Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Vaan USB1 or Fang USB, which is better? Have both, need someone to wind at things alongside Bartz. Don't have a wind chain. Spot currently filled by Alphinaud BSB and Tiamat, but that obviously won't do forever.

e; Also, good upcoming banners to go after some Water and Wind tech? I am shocking in those two elements. I sub-30'd their 4* magicites by sheer dint of Bartz USB1 + Ignis BSB. Again, obviously not an option for 5*.

MarquiseMindfang fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Nov 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

This fishing event might actually be the dumbest thing ever

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
free mythril is free though

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Latest JP report is out, and there's some hefty systems updates in addition to events.

EVENTS posted:

(Nov 8) Record Dungeon
- Act 2 will be released, title is "Canon Record Dungeon"
- 3 Mythrils will be rewared to all players as commemoration
- Update will be focused on FFVI Thamasa & FFVIII Past World
- Clear Rewards of Act 1 stages will also be revamped, players who have already cleared them will automatically receive the extra rewards in their Present Box

(Nov 9) FFXIII
Focused on Hope, also features Nabaat & Fang
Revenge Dungeon is Raines USB event

(Nov 9) Mirage Dungeon
Boss is Ugallu (XIII)

(Nov 14) Crystal Tower
Bosses are Big Horn (II), Nelapa (VI), Evrae Altana (X) & powered up Flyvern (TO)

(Nov 16) Dissidia
Commemorating the 3rd year anniversary of the arcade version, features Terra, Lightning, Warrior of Light & Firion
Revenge Dungeon is Dissidia: Chaos event

(Nov 22) Absolute Virtue Multiplayer
Difficulty is Purgatory+

(Nov 22) Mote Dungeon Renewal
- New dungeons that allows players to earn 3* Motes
- All Mote Dungeons will be available every day
- More Motes will be rewarded
- Revamped Mote Dungeon fights will now start you off with 4 SB gauges
- You can also build SB gauge in this fight
- Bosses of all dungeons will be renewed, look forward to which 5 bosses will be chosen

(Nov 23) FFXII
Event focused on Ashe, also featuring Larsa
Revenge Dungeon is Ashe USB event

(Nov 30) FFIV
End of Month event focused on Cecil, Palom & Porom - also featuring Edge & Rubicante
Revenge Dungeon is Rubicante event

SYSTEMS AND SPECIAL PROMOTIONS posted:

1) Daily Dungeon Full Open & Double Gysahl Greens
Period is from 16 November 1500 JST to 25 November 1459 JST

2) Full Stamina Alert
Latest app update has implemented this new function
You can go to the Configs menu to toggle on/off a notification that alerts you when your stamina is full

3) Series Lucky Draw
Current banners will be removed on 12 November
New set of banners will be added on 13 November
Banners will receive an updated relic pool
15 Mythril for first 11-pull promotion will be renewed for all banners

4) Elemental Lucky Draw
From 27 November, 8 elemental banners will be permanently added to the game
Same as Series banner, you can use 15 Mythril to make your first 11-pull for each of them
Theme for each respective banner is: Fire, Ice, Lightning, Earth, Wind, Water, Holy & Dark

5) Auto Battle Function
From 15 November, the Auto Battle system will now consider ability & SBs.
For Abilities, you can select either the Left ability or Right ability to be spammed
For SBs, the leftmost slotted SB will automatically be triggered when the gauge is filled
Auto SB will also automatically trigger RW & Magicite
You can turn on both of these new functions simultaneously, or just one of them

6) New Sorting Category: SB Element
From 16 November, you can now sort characters in accordance to their SB element
1st priority will be the opening SB element
2nd priority will be burst command element
3rd priority will be En-Element element
4th priority will be SBs boostable by Chain
This new sorting function will also consider unmastered SBs

7) Torment Dungeon Rewards Renewal
From 22 November, new Grade rewards will be added to the Torment Dungeons
D240, D280, D??? will all receive 10% HP, 20% HP, 30% HP & 40% HP tier rewards
These include Ruby & Motes
Players who have already achieved the new Grades will automatically receive the extra rewards in their Present Box

8) Zozoweek
From now till 13 November, FFRK merchandise on Zozotown will be on sale

Hogama fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Nov 6, 2018

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Seeing Absolute Virtue on that list fills me with dread. I never even saw someone else play FF11, let alone played it myself, and I'm still familiar with that thing as an embodiment of spiteful designers and One True Way-ism.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
That's a lot of UI stuff to be excited about - I wonder if I'll be able to set up Auto-Magicite teams. And adding elemental 15 Mythril Luckies along with the Realm revamp sound great too.

I'm also excited for the Rubicante mention in the IV event, as one of the few remaining characters without a Legend Dive (Angeal, Rude, Elena, Ward, Kiros, Rubicante). Fire's a really crowded element so I hope he manages to get a stand out USB somehow.

...how long has it been since there's been an actual VII event in Japan?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The recent-ish-in-Global Sephiroth event was the most recent VII event in JP, and that was back in February. So... a little over 8 months?
Though there was the BRA*BRA event that was just VII music, even if it had no new relics.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hogama posted:

6) New Sorting Category: SB Element
From 16 November, you can now sort characters in accordance to their SB element
1st priority will be the opening SB element
2nd priority will be burst command element
3rd priority will be En-Element element
4th priority will be SBs boostable by Chain
This new sorting function will also consider unmastered SBs

drat, I've wanted this or something like it for a really long time. I hope we get it early.

Also between realm luckies getting refreshed every six months and now elemental luckies too, I don't think I'm going to pull on a non-fest full price banner ever again.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
A history of 6* daily pulls, by DBD:

1) Kain CSB (dupe)
2) Snow USB (dupe)
Today: 3) Krile CSB (dupe).

gently caress this game.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Today Noctis went fishing. He caught Ultros, who immediately sprayed him hard in the face with ink.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Hogama posted:

(Nov 22) Absolute Virtue Multiplayer
Difficulty is Purgatory+

Oh no

Sorting SBs by element is pretty great tho

Augus fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Nov 6, 2018

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

DeadButDelicious posted:

A history of 6* daily pulls, by DBD:

1) Kain CSB (dupe)
2) Snow USB (dupe)
Today: 3) Krile CSB (dupe).

gently caress this game.

I’m going to have to pull a 5* every day for two weeks to match the number of 1*s I’ve pulled so far.

5* rates being higher than 1* rates, pffftttt.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Today I got a shared medica hat

Double Rabite
Mar 30, 2010

Typical Saturday night dance party.

SYSTEMS AND SPECIAL PROMOTIONS posted:

5) Auto Battle Function
From 15 November, the Auto Battle system will now consider ability & SBs.
For Abilities, you can select either the Left ability or Right ability to be spammed
For SBs, the leftmost slotted SB will automatically be triggered when the gauge is filled
Auto SB will also automatically trigger RW & Magicite
You can turn on both of these new functions simultaneously, or just one of them

This will make farming so much faster. Alternatively, global when?

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

quote:

:chloe:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Its optional so whatever. Either put something like shadow bsb in the left most slot or turn the feature off.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Got Edge SSB today. The bad one.

So far: Palom Debuff SSB (dupe), Quina USB, Galuf Earth BSB, Mog's Heroic Harmony, Lion BSB, Rikku Mug SSB, Edge SSB1

So one USB, two BSBs, three SSBs (with one dupe) and one unique. I think I'm doing above average so far? Hope others get lucky with their dailies.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

My last two daily draw 5*s were both Seymour SSB.

I don't know if I should be impressed at the unlikeliness of that event or sad because it's not a particularly good SB.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Has anyone been able to get anything besides a 2* or a 3* orb in the fishing event or is it safe to just do it once for the rewards?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Armitage posted:

Has anyone been able to get anything besides a 2* or a 3* orb in the fishing event or is it safe to just do it once for the rewards?

I got an Ultros yesterday!

It seems you can only get Small or Lesser stuff. Someone claims they got a Shiny Thing (VI) today, but there's no proof.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Holy poo poo this last halloween fight is loving atrocious

What the gently caress

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

There are two ways you can fool around with it to make things less tedious. First, it's vulnerable to the old hit-and-run strategies. In particular Phantom Train's first six attacks in Haunted Form are just Evil Toot. Second, there's a weird bug based on the forced RW. If you restart from the menu only after Elarra shows up, your initial RW will still be replaced. Phantom Train's AI won't shift out of Hanuted Form unless the whole party is possessed, and if you have Elarra RW around to clear the first six ghosts in time he'll stay in that form for the whole fight. Unlike the post-Elarra phases, Haunted Form has no provision for casting Evil Toot after that and so the boss will instead use a tepid version of its attacks against you. (I assume you can instead use Galuf SSB here but then you don't have a way to drive off the ghosts affecting everyone else.)

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
only 5 stages in the newest Realm Dungeon Update? We don't even get those "sneak preview" screens of the next update for clearing all the Classic dungeons anymore? I mean I know Realm Dungeons are practically an afterthought since everybody focuses on the events and Torments and Magicites and whatnot, but still....

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Shock Trooper posted:

only 5 stages in the newest Realm Dungeon Update? We don't even get those "sneak preview" screens of the next update for clearing all the Classic dungeons anymore? I mean I know Realm Dungeons are practically an afterthought since everybody focuses on the events and Torments and Magicites and whatnot, but still....

Yup, it's been pretty dire in JP too. I actually forgot at least two of them had even happened since the realm draws stopped being Lucky as well.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

FFXIII event in JP- Hope, Nabaat, and Fang all get their new toys on banner 1. Fang gets the Realm Chain!

Banner 1 posted:

Hope's Vidofnir [AOSB, +10 MAG] - 3 single-target Holy Overflow summon magic attacks
Raines's Dual Claws [AOSB, +10 MAG] - 3 single-target Dark/Holy Overflow magic attacks

Hope's Academy Uniform [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Holy summon magic attacks, 75% Holy Radiant Shield to party, Beyond Vengeance Mode to user
Beyond Vengeance Mode: After using Holy abilities, Magic Casting Speed x?/?/? & chases with Saint Boomerang when status is removed
Saint Boomerang: Single-target Holy/NE Overflow summon magic attack & Smart Ether, multiplier & restoration count is dependent on number of Holy abilities used

Nabaat's Red Scorpion [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Dark magic attacks, Dark Damage +10% to party, En-Dark & Brave Mode to user
Condition: Use Dark abilities
Level 0: Single-target Dark magic attack, Instant Cast
Level 1~2: 6 single-target Dark magic attacks, Instant Cast
Level 3: 6 single-target Dark magic attacks, Instant Cast, 40% Imperil Dark

Raines's Master Fist [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Dark/Holy magic attacks, En-Dark, MAG & DEF +30% and Darkness Ability Double to user
Fang's Taming Pole [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Wind/NE jump attacks, En-Wind, No Air Time & Windfang to user
Windfang: After using Dragoon abilities, chases with 5 single-target Wind/NE ranged physical attacks, critical rate increases with each Chase

Fang's Gae Bolg [CSB, +10 ATK] - Activates XIII Limit Chain (150) & 50% XIII Field, ATK & MAG +30% and Haste to party

Hope's Otshirvani [Glint, +10 MAG] - En-Holy, En-Holy Stack & Smart Summoning Ether 2 to user, Instant Cast
Nabaat's Minerva Bustier [Glint, +10 MAG] - 6 random Dark/NE magic attacks, Instant Cast, ATK & MAG -40%

Nabaat's Goggle Mask [LMR, +10 MAG] - When using Dark abilities, 35% chance to grant user Quick Cast 1
Fang's Rune Bracelet [LMR, +10 ATK] - Haste & Instant Cast 1 at the start of battle
Raines's Dark Claws [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Hope's Guise [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Holy for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Nabaat's Glove [LMR, +10 MAG] - 25% chance to Dualcast Dark abilities

Banner 2 posted:

Lightning's Hauteclaire [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 20 single-target Lightning ranged physical attacks & single-target Lightning Overflow ranged physical attack
Fang's Calamity Spear [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 3 single-target Wind Overflow jump attacks

Vanille's Pearlwing Staff [USB, +10 MND] - h85 heal & Regenga to party, Instant Cast, Full Breakdown to all targets
Lightning's Etro's Shelter [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Lightning physical attacks, En-Lightning, Celerity or Spellblade Damage +30% and Brave Mode to user
Condition: Use Lightning abilities
Level 0: Single-target Lightning physical attack
Level 1~3: Single-target Lightning Overflow physical attack

Noel's Blazing Spirit [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Ice/NE ranged physical attacks, Instant Cast, Imperil Ice, ATK/MAG/RES -50%
Serah's Fellowship Arc [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Ice magic attacks, 75% Ice Radiant Shield to party, High Quick Cast 1 & Ultima Shot to user
Ultima Shot: High Quick Cast 1 after using Ice abilities
Sazh's Aldebarans [USB, +10 ATK] - MAG/DEF/RES +30%, Haste & Astra to party

Vanille's Orochi Rod [Glint, +10 MND] - Haste to party, Instant Cast, Quick Cast 3 to user

Vanille's Erinye's Cane [BSB, +10 MND] - h85 heal & Magic Blink 1 to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target h80 heal & High Regen, Instant Cast
Defend -> h25 heal to party

Lightning's Guardian Corps Cap [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Lightning for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Fang's Adamant Bangle [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Wind for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Noel's Guise [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Ice abilities
Serah's Amazon Bow [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Ice for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Sazh's Coat [LMR, +10 ATK] - Haste & Instant Cast 1 at the start of battle

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Oh hey Sice USB. Thanks daily draw, I guess?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

last week i got a nice result from the IV realm banner, Golbez's dark chain. and today, after a long streak of nothings on the daily draw, i got a disco ball. golbez chain.

seriously starting to consider the daily draw to be rigged for dupes.

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008
I am also 3/3 on 6* daily dupes, so I feel your pain. I've also seen lots of reports of it here and on reddit, but it's more likely math than DeNA being evil.

The number of 6*s is not huge: based on Enlir, there are 355 6*s in global right now (the pool for the daily is actually smaller since it isn't instantly updated when new ones are released, also Disney), so your dupe chance is (#6* owned/< 355) which can be a decent number for anyone that's played for awhile.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i dunno, the math suggests to me that there are a whole shitload more 6*s i don't have

obviously there's a bunch of subjective reporting biases here but where i'm certainly pulling a very short straw if it's a fair draw

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

I'm in exactly the same position as you, Prav - pulled 3 discos since the daily draw change and they have all been dupes. All in all I've pulled 1 useful relic, Celes LMR, from the daily draw.

On another note I don't know what I'm doing wrong with this bomb event but I got a zero ranking after using the RW? No idea what that's all about.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

DeadButDelicious posted:

I'm in exactly the same position as you, Prav - pulled 3 discos since the daily draw change and they have all been dupes. All in all I've pulled 1 useful relic, Celes LMR, from the daily draw.

On another note I don't know what I'm doing wrong with this bomb event but I got a zero ranking after using the RW? No idea what that's all about.
Think of it like Pokemon - most of the rewards are locked behind how much damage you've dealt to captured bombs. If you just use the RW to capture them when they first appear, you won't get any score. Similarly, if you actually kill them, they instead explode for an unblockable 70% max HP AoE and give you no score. The ideal is then to hit each one enough to get it close to death, such as with most 5* abilities at the soft caps since they'll deal 4 hits of 9999. It's probably the one place in this game where the damage cap isn't actively stupid, really, since it allows you to predict how much damage you're dealing. (This is why the boss description tells you their HP values outright.)

All that said I dunno why we didn't get a full event this Thursday like we usually do. You'd think they'd drag up the most recent one for WoFF if they're promoting a new port within FFRK anyway, but evidently I'm not some galaxy-brain executive who leaves money on the table.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

That makes much more sense, thank you. I didnt find the in-game description particularly useful but that might just be my sleep addled brain being crap.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
So I finally beat my first 5 star magicite, Quetz. 31.5s.

And now I can't for the life of me seem to repeat the trick.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

The glint seems fun, but this may be one of the worst sets of non 5* ever. If you squint really hard the four FF12 weapons and the two Magus robes maybe form a 2*?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

<5-stars aren't real anymore

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

There are some sub 5*'s that can be relevant because they have moderate elemental resists. Situational but can come in handy if you need more than one type of resist. Most of them are garbage though yeah. Considering that the realm banners exist, it shouldn't be that hard for even relatively new players to kit everyone out in 5* or better gear.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

The FFVI Crystal Helmet seems to have disproportionately good stats for being a 4*, especially with synergy, so it can be decent for newer players who want a nice physical hat for VI realms.

Supposedly after the 11/13 maintenance we're getting some subset of the Golden Week stuff. Wonder how much of it will be cut, I can imagine the gnashing of teeth should we not get the free 33 pull.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Ayndin posted:

The FFVI Crystal Helmet seems to have disproportionately good stats for being a 4*, especially with synergy, so it can be decent for newer players who want a nice physical hat for VI realms.

Supposedly after the 11/13 maintenance we're getting some subset of the Golden Week stuff. Wonder how much of it will be cut, I can imagine the gnashing of teeth should we not get the free 33 pull.

I still have two fully upgraded/reforged crystal helms that get use sometimes. They're my last 4* items still in active service.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

I appear to have stumbled into both Bartz USBs. Is there a recommendation of which to use, or what situations to use which one?

(Also Lenna's second USB which looks... Meh?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

DeadButDelicious posted:

I appear to have stumbled into both Bartz USBs. Is there a recommendation of which to use, or what situations to use which one?

Here's some testing.

The overall conclusion is that USB2 is better under two circumstances: you're getting the finisher off, and you aren't using a chain. If you're using a chain, USB1 is better overall because it drives up the hit counter. Both are very good, and close enough that you can go with the one you prefer if you like how it "feels" better.