Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
this is the biggest issue in the FGC

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/05/smash-players-plead-with-each-other-to-please-for-the-love-of-god-stop-smelling-so-bad/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

fool_of_sound posted:

Nation of Islam teaches a weird Christian/Islamic hybrid that claims one of their founders was an incarnation of God. They also say that an evil mad scientist (possibly jewish) created all the non-Black races as mutant slaves to conquer the world with.
The Nation has been tremendously helpful to the black community in some cities - cleaning up the streets, clearing out gangs & drugs & so on. It also has religious beliefs that are completely loving insane.

I have known several black people my age (Gen X) whose parents went down the same path as Malcolm X - they got into Nation of Islam for a while because of the good stuff it did, then figured out it was nutso and switched to regular Islam.

At this point, the only people left in the Nation seem to be the ones who are on board with the completely loving insane parts.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/Officer_Johnson/status/1059255541145329664

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

pookel posted:

The Nation has been tremendously helpful to the black community in some cities - cleaning up the streets, clearing out gangs & drugs & so on. It also has religious beliefs that are completely loving insane.

I have known several black people my age (Gen X) whose parents went down the same path as Malcolm X - they got into Nation of Islam for a while because of the good stuff it did, then figured out it was nutso and switched to regular Islam.

At this point, the only people left in the Nation seem to be the ones who are on board with the completely loving insane parts.

Yeah I definitely sympathize with people who get suckered into NoI by the genuine good work they do, but their actual internal structure is a fairly nasty cult, and I hope people don't stick around after that. Probably still less bad than Mormonism though.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Kaitlyn Bennet has made like six attempts to be some right wing star but is too out of it to realize that they're all too misogynist to accept a woman as anything but an object.

Like she could be pulling in six figures if she just became a right wing gun cheesecake pinup model. She could even keep doing her podcasts or whatever because then it would give it that "reading playboy for the articles" air of legitimacy.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Tariq is a hotep that gets mad at black women dating white people. The guy sucks rear end.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Kaitlyn probably can't get that far because she got run out of TPUSA for the diaper thing so the mercers dont like her. its weird because she gets like six inexplicably-viral normie tweets burning her every day

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

fool_of_sound posted:

Yeah I definitely sympathize with people who get suckered into NoI by the genuine good work they do, but their actual internal structure is a fairly nasty cult, and I hope people don't stick around after that. Probably still less bad than Mormonism though.

They killed Malcolm.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah they literally had Malcom X murdered because of New Age cult drama

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
The people's temple did alot of good work in SF back in the day too. It's a good recruitment tactic.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Farm Frenzy posted:

Kaitlyn probably can't get that far because she got run out of TPUSA for the diaper thing so the mercers dont like her. its weird because she gets like six inexplicably-viral normie tweets burning her every day

Holy crap, I feel like an idiot for not connecting her with the diaper protest and subsequent fallout. I remember reading a bunch of scathing finger pointing and resignation letters, but didn't connect the dots. I thought she was just a random chud who blew up because of the photos with the rifle and who had been ineffectually grifting since then.

She burned the grift bridge over the diaper thing, and it's pretty clear in retrospect that she's persona non grata with the megadonor crowd.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Whoops double post.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

she really sucks at the right wing grift, one of the easiest grift games around.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

yorkinshire posted:

The people's temple did alot of good work in SF back in the day too. It's a good recruitment tactic.

Yeah that's why I sympathize with the people who get suckered in. I'm not defending cults here.

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

fool_of_sound posted:

Yeah that's why I sympathize with the people who get suckered in. I'm not defending cults here.

Didn't mean to imply that, just agreeing.

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

Ddddouble post

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
what is gun girl even protesting? she appears to have many guns, does she just want more guns?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Gravy Jones posted:

what is gun girl even protesting? she appears to have many guns, does she just want more guns?

libs

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

she's protesting the cops for using the pretense of even thinking a child had a gun as grounds for immediate execution before their car even stopped, in a public park where it is legal to openly carry firearms in public parks

haha no she just thinks she's being oppressed because her college peers kept telling her to shut the gently caress up and that nobody cares, as though anybody in Ohio doesn't know a boatload of idiot chuds

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Gravy Jones posted:

:hmmyes:

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Gravy Jones posted:

She's protesting whatever will get her more attention and grift opportunities :ssh:

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Gravy Jones posted:

are you triggered?

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
i'm triggered

gonna console myself by laughing about how loving akward this monthly phone call must be for loomer

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Gravy Jones posted:

i'm triggered

gonna console myself by laughing about how loving akward this monthly phone call must be for loomer

i wanna sign up for her class and then stand too close to her while drunkenly slurring about how awesome my tits are

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Gravy Jones posted:

I pretty sure she's protesting Kent State not letting people open carry/conceal carry their tricked-out AR-15s anywhere and everywhere they want.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

she's protesting the cops for using the pretense of even thinking a child had a gun as grounds for immediate execution before their car even stopped, in a public park where it is legal to openly carry firearms in public parks

haha no she just thinks she's being oppressed because her college peers kept telling her to shut the gently caress up and that nobody cares, as though anybody in Ohio doesn't know a boatload of idiot chuds

She walked around her former college in a disguise, encouraging people to call her a stupid bitch, then was shocked when nobody would take it back after she revealed herself. And she had to explain who she was because nobody knew her in the first place.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

For $1,000 You Too Can Make Direct Contact With Laura Loomer

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Astrochicken posted:

worth every penny

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Astrochicken posted:

please do not make terroristic threats towards other posters

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Gravy Jones posted:

worth every penny

Why does her face look like a Halloween mask?

Also can't believe Katlin can't even get a job on some local talk radio loudmouths show.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Crowsbeak posted:

I think she tried for the instagram look and failed miserable. I don't like to mock appearances and loomer is kinda low hang fruit in that respect (and it's not like there's a lack of things to mock about her), but yeesh, why would anyone willingly post a photo of themselves that horrific?

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Didn't Muhammad Ali say that he would have left the NoI except that he was afraid that Elijah Muhammad would have him killed like Malcolm?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/1059864000966615040

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Here's a reminder that back in the 1930's, the authorities weren't much different:

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-ross-kristallnacht-anniversary-los-angeles-20181104-story.html

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Crowsbeak posted:

She's had cosmetic surgery to make her look "less Jewish." No joke.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/nathanTbernard/status/1059864443285315585

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

dave rubin challenging again for dumbest alt-righter

https://twitter.com/aiizavva/status/1059859284761174017

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Jose posted:

dave rubin challenging again for dumbest alt-righter

lol

https://twitter.com/natijomartinez/status/1059822296989339649

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

The Alt-right grifting ride is the only ride Shapiro has been tall enough to go on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
shithead

https://twitter.com/KitOConnell/status/1059904558439301120?s=19