Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Dexter didn't fall in love w/ her. Her therapist convinced her that she was in love w/ him. So she tried to gently caress him. Because of course she did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Cersei took plenty of council, though. She listened to Qyburn, to that spy she was sleeping with, and to the dude who flirted with her and then stole the entire fleet. All of them were a lot better suited for courtly intrigue than any of Robert's old war buddies.

And yeah, the graceless incest plot was the first thread of the shitshow that was seasons 7 and 8. And it's nothing compared to what they did to the profession of psychology in season 8.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

spinderella posted:

I so so SO
wish I hadn't read the leaks

It sounds INFURIATINGLY bad

I read them months ago and I'm still sad

If it's any consolation, I know someone who worked on the show, and from what I've heard the leaks are almost certainly if not wrong, incomplete. They went to really weird and annoying lengths to make sure no one really knew for sure, to the extent that, people who were already working absolutely loving bonkers hours had to work extra weeks just so that they didn't know which bits were relevant. And like, people who's time was very expensive.

Burns
May 10, 2008

https://ew.com/tv/2018/11/01/game-of-thrones-final-season-ew-cover-story/

quote:

Benioff and Weiss’ next gig is writing a new Star Wars film, and they received some final-season secrecy tips from The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson and producer Kathleen Kennedy. “They’ve given us a lot of hints about how to lock things down, things we never would have thought of or didn’t know were possible,” Weiss says.

Oh boy I cant wait to see how theyll subvert our expectations.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

!Klams posted:

If it's any consolation, I know someone who worked on the show, and from what I've heard the leaks are almost certainly if not wrong, incomplete. They went to really weird and annoying lengths to make sure no one really knew for sure, to the extent that, people who were already working absolutely loving bonkers hours had to work extra weeks just so that they didn't know which bits were relevant. And like, people who's time was very expensive.

So the leaks are 100% accurate then cool lol

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
My bum has better leaks than that

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

!Klams posted:

So it's something even worse.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Burns posted:

https://ew.com/tv/2018/11/01/game-of-thrones-final-season-ew-cover-story/

Oh boy I cant wait to see how theyll subvert our expectations.

It's easy to lock down information if everyone already knows what is going to be in your space movie.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spinderella posted:

I so so SO
wish I hadn't read the leaks

It sounds INFURIATINGLY bad

I read them months ago and I'm still sad

sorry

but to be fair show has been bad since season 3-4 ish

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Speaking of best modern shows, Black Mirror. Every episode is a rollercoaster ride from hell with top levels of quality put into the show. It's extremely consistent, except for the final two episodes where subtlety and logic get thrown out, but thankfully all the episodes are not connected so you can just skip them and it won't be like you're missing the ending of anything.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

quote:

Benioff and Weiss’ next gig is writing a new Star Wars film, and they received some final-season secrecy tips from The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson and producer Kathleen Kennedy. “They’ve given us a lot of hints about how to lock things down, things we never would have thought of or didn’t know were possible,” Weiss says.

Who the gently caress is out there looking for Last Jedi leaks, like the characters mean anything to anybody

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Who the gently caress is out there looking for Last Jedi leaks, like the characters mean anything to anybody

I liked Finn in the first movie. But I did just have to look up what Finn's name was because I thought it was Poe.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Speaking of best modern shows, Black Mirror. Every episode is a rollercoaster ride from hell with top levels of quality put into the show. It's extremely consistent, except for the final two episodes where subtlety and logic get thrown out, but thankfully all the episodes are not connected so you can just skip them and it won't be like you're missing the ending of anything.

And don't let the first episode put you off either. I watched only the first episode and it took like 5 months for me to pick it back up and realize what a good show it is.

Maybe you'd like the first episode if you are some kind of deviant

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Wonder if we'll see a dragon penis before the show ends.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

!Klams posted:

It is some consolation.

ANY surprises, even lovely ones maybe, would be better than what I read

:(

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

They're all true. Even if they turn out to be incorrect they're true. There are no untrue spoilers, the books will never be finished, there is no god and we're all alone.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

omg im desperately curious and have low hopes/standards

Link pls? NMS and spoiler it maybe?

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Solvent posted:

omg im desperately curious and have low hopes/standards

Link pls? NMS and spoiler it maybe?

It was linked in this thread, only place I read it

At work, wouldn't know how to search

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Just look at my thread post history.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Arya is loving pissed that she ain't getting her tits out

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

the only supposedly real leak so far is that tyrion somehow betrays the gang and ends up getting executed. that other leak from months ago is fake

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Here's a leak for ya: :wellpiss:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i hope a giant steps on someone!!!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

raton posted:

Arya is loving pissed that she ain't getting her tits out

What tits?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Are we talking about the spoilers where the dragons kill the zombies in episode 2 and then Euron becomes the big badguy when he steals the dragons with his magical conch-horn? And after they kill him they disband the throne and form a democracy?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Drunken Baker posted:

Are we talking about the spoilers where the dragons kill the zombies in episode 2 and then Euron becomes the big badguy when he steals the dragons with his magical conch-horn? And after they kill him they disband the throne and form a democracy?

... and then tyrion turns to the camera and says
"the piss tape is real"

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Cue the Looney Toons ending where the Hound pops up and goes, "T-t-t-that's all, cunts."

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Drunken Baker posted:

Cue the Looney Toons ending where the Hound pops up and goes, "T-t-t-that's all, cunts."

:allears:

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

romanowski posted:

the only supposedly real leak so far is that tyrion somehow betrays the gang and ends up getting executed. that other leak from months ago is fake

No way they're going to kill off the biggest crowd favourite on the show at this point.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I've always assumed Tyrion would get self-insert immunity from Gurm, but I could see him being written from the start as someone who gets killed by Daenerys to establish that she was a bad guy all along. It definitely won't be a showrunner original idea if it happens.

I mean, the worst thing they could do would be not kill off any of the main characters. Season 7 kicked off the big dramatic war where suddenly the entire main cast is in conflict with someone and could die at any moment, and we lost such beloved characters as Sam's Dad, That One Red Priest and Sand Snake (Tits) And Her Mom. And Olenna Tyrell, to be fair.

Actually, Littlefinger's death and the Sansa/Arya scenes that led up to it are worth mentioning. If anything comes close to being Dexter levels of bad, it's that whole sequence.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Did Sansa's heel turn happen in the book? She pops up like Darth Vader at the end of what, Season 4? But it meant nothing. It felt like they had a big inter-family war thing planned for the Starks but the focus group (aka them hipsters in that one bar) didn't like it so they flopped and made her plain ole Sansa again.

Sorry, "Shansha" I mean.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Sansa is still living up on the Eyrie as Littlefinger's protege as of book 5. Her last chapter, as I recall, ended up with her realizing that the guy Littlefinger wants her to marry will inherit the Vale if the sickly 10-year-old lord ends up biting it. Presumably her heel turn will happen sometime next book, when she learns her husband is a piece of poo poo, gets fed up with his abuses and "accidentally" tosses him out the Moon Door, becoming the Lady of the Vale and learning all kinds of terrible life lessons from Littlefinger along the way.

Whatever Stark conflict is planned is kind of hard to predict, since all the Stark kids are supposed to be vastly different from when they were first separated, and the show only allowed Bran to actually change. The books haven't gotten around to post-death Jon or Faceless Arya, either.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Nov 7, 2018

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
The show's treatment of Sansa is what finally convinced me that the series had poo poo the bed. I kept waiting for some big reveal that would justify Littlefinger, aka the most interesting and devious bastard in Westeros, having just handing her over to be brutalised. But nope, turns out it was just dumb, and rape for the sake of it after all, and Littlefinger is now dumb (and dead) and Sansa had a lovely sexual assault that existed just so the show could retain a reputation for being edgy. Cool, cool.

Season 8 is going to suck so hard. The ending will be bad and dumb, and will satisfy nobody, but we'll all watch it and coo over some empty yet ridiculously spectacular battle scenes with dragons burning poo poo.

I hate that this show went from one of the best things ever, to something I just want to loving end and be done with forever. At least unlike the lovely books this will actually get an ending. Then we can spend years fighting over whether the bad ending that exists is better or worse than the ending that's never going to exist.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Perhaps in the end the show managed to capture the spirit of the books after all.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Drunken Baker posted:

Y y y you're all cunts

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
LOL if you think in this day and age HBO will have the female hero do a heel turn. The only way this happens is if Cersei turns, as well.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

quote:

Episode 1: Director: David Nutter Writers: D&D * Cold opening: Edd and The Nights Watch last stand. * Ashai: Melisandre leaving for Westeros with new necklace. * Jon & Dany and team arrive at White Harbour, welcomed by Lord Manderly. They immediately set off for Winterfell on horseback, winter has become rougher. * Kings Landing: Theon finds Yara in dungeons of the Red Keep, and tries to rescue her. But is stopped by guards and he’s imprisoned. * Cersei and Qyburn convo with necromancers about remaining caches of wildfire. * Winterfell: The arrival of Jon and Dany. * Jon reunited with Arya. * Jon and Sam reunite. Dany meets Sansa and Arya. Lyanna and Jorah scene. Hound and Arya reunite. Jorah tells of how Sam cured him. * Everyone is in awe of Drogon and Rhaegal. * Sam takes Jon to Bran. Jon hugs Bran but before they tell Jon, Davos comes & tells them that Tormund, Beric, Dim Dalba and Gendry arrived with Ghost, they tell Jon about the Wall. * Gendry & Arya reunite. * Planning in the Winterfell Great Hall with all Lords/Lady’s of the North and Dany’s advisors and commanders. Tensions flare. Question raised to see whose in charge, Dany nominates Jon as he is the most experienced against the WWs, everyone agrees. Arya starts to like Dany. * Dany & co introduced to Ghost who is almost as big as a horse. * Kings Landing: Cersei miscarriage scene. She wakes up on her bed to see a pool of blood. * Winterfell: Jamie arrives to honour his word.

Episode 2: Director: David Nutter Writers: D&D * Kings Landing: Euron and the Golden Company arrive. Cersei meets the captains and thanks Euron. * Winterfell: Planning is done. Word is sent to Dorne, requesting their army. Women and children sent to White Harbour to be shipped to Dragonstone. Dothraki, Unsullied, Knights Of Vale camp south of Winterfell. * Jamie tells Jon he came by himself. * Winterfell: Sam keeps trying to get Jons attention but he’s too busy managing the defences. * Kings Landing: Cersei brings Euron down to see Theon in chains. He laughs maniacally. * Winterfell: Sam tells Jon he and Bran has something very important to tell him, Jon wonders for a bit. Then they see a snow storm. * A great gust of wind hits, he orders every warrior to man the walls while the civilians escape. Jon tells Sam to go save his siblings and Gilly and little Sam. * Night King/Dead Viserion screeches and attacks the wall, while the NKs army attacks from the north and east. * Dany tells Jon to get on Rhaegal so they both attack the NK, she rides Drogon and attacks the NK, Jon slowly gets on Rhaegal and follows. * Dead Viserion is too fast. * Dead Viserions flames on the Winterfell walls are effective as the dead army climbs over the rubble. Fierce fighting ensues. * Winterfell is being overrun, Jon orders a retreat. * Jon sees NK about to burn Dany and charges Rhaegal in front, Rhaegal is burnt and falls on Winterfell with Jon.

Episode 3: Director: Miguel Sapochnik Writers: D&D * Jamie picks Jon up and they escape, Rhaegal barely flies away as Dany/Drogon fends off the NK then she escapes. * Jamie ordering retreat, a line of Unsullied act as last line of defence. * Beric and an arriving Melisandre sacrifice themselves, using her necklace to burn down the South wall stopping the wights. * Varys is killed in debris after saving a little child. * Bran warging Ghost fights off wights tryna to kill him and Sam. * Pod, Brienne, Arya, Tyrion and hound try and escape through Dothraki camp, but is caught by dead Qhono and many dead Dothraki. * Podrick sacrifices himself making time for the others to escape. * Arya & Tyrion forced to retreat south. * Dany is forced to burn Rhaegal after he succumbs to his wounds so he doesn’t revive as a wight, she cries. * Dany takes Drogon and the surviving army and people to White Harbour to sail to Dragonstone. * White Harbour: Dany, Missandei, Grey Worm, Sansa, Bran, Sam, Lyanna, Jorah, Gilly & little Sam. * Jon and Jamie catch up with Tyrion, Gendry, Arya, Hound, Davos, Brienne and Tormund. They decide to go convince Cersei to help them using the Lannister army.

Episode 4: Director: David Nutter Writers: D&D * Jon asks who survived. Davos says Yohn Royce retreated with his Knights, while many Dothraki, Unsullied and Northmen dead, including Qhono, Cerwyn, Beric, Varys and Pod. Tyrion and Brienne connect over Pod. Jon tells Davos to go to the Vale to get Yohn and the Knights back. * Arya tells Jon she’s going to go to the Riverlands. Gendry volunteers but Arya refuses, saying Jon needs him more. Davos and Arya leave. * Jamie tells Jon about the Golden Company. * Jon and the rest arrive near the Neck. Where they meet Meera, who takes Jon to her father Howland who is dying on his bed. Howland tells Jon the truth. Jon doesn’t believe and says they must go. Jon tells them to escape or run away. * Ship to Dragonstone: Bran decides this is a good time to tell everyone of Jon’s parentage making him heir, Sam backs him up. Dany is shocked. * Kingsroad: Jon talks to Jamie and Tyrion about his parentage. * Jon and team arrive. * They meet with Cersei at the dragonpit and ask for her help. She refuses, Golden Company ambush to make sure no one leaves Kings Landing. Bronn arrives to help them escape but Jon is caught. * Dragonstone: Dany and the rest arrive. Dany inspires the survivors and orders the army to sail to Kings Landing. * Jamie decides to go plead with Cersei while Tyrion gets the Lannister forces, while the rest take out the Golden Company and let the people of Kings Landing escape. * Bronn uses wildfire to burn some ships. Gets cornered but is saved by the Tormund and Gendry. * Jon is in the cells where he sees a dead rotting Ellaria and her daughter, and another cell occupied by Theon and Yara.

Episode 5: Director: Miguel Sapochnik Writers: D&D * Kings Landing: Hound & Brienne make their way to red keep, Bronn & Tormund connect, while Tyrion and Lannister army force GC to surrender. * Red Keep: Jamie pleads with Cersei to let Jon go. * Cersei threatens to burn everything. * Jamie kills her, Mountain kills Jamie. * Hound and Brienne arrive, fight and defeat Mountain. * They go rescue Jon, Theon and Yara. Theon sees Euron and his men, they fight, Yara stabs Euron as Theon takes a knife protecting her. * Theon saves Jon by pushing him out of way of wildfire * They escape Kings Landing only to watch the Nights King and Viserion arrive to burn the city, causing wildfire caches to blow it up. * Night Kings army full of giants and creatures arrives. Jon and the army of Lannisters and GC line up to protect people running away. * Fighting ensues. * Dany with Drogon and Unsullied/Northmen/Dothraki arrive and fight. * Knights of the Vale arrive with Davos and Yohn Royce. Army of Dorne arrive. Edmure and Tully army arrive with Arya and Nymeria and her pack of wolves. * Arya/Nymeria & wolves take down a wight giant. Hound and Brienne fight together. Robett Glover is killed by wight wolves. Bronn is given dragonglass by Tyrion and they fight together. Grey Worm fights ferociously despite being wounded. Tormund and Jon fight side by side. * Dany protects Jon from NK * Dany/Drogon vs Night King/Dead Viserion. * Night King manages to hurt Drogon and Dany falls. * Jorah dies standing in front of Dead Viserion protecting Dany. Drogon comes and fights Dead Viserion knocking Night King off. * Jon & Tormund try to protect Dany from Night King. Tormund is killed. Ghost distracts NK but is fatally wounded then Jon stabs NK. NK and most wights die, while other WWs and wights are killed off. * Jon runs to an unconscious Dany.

Episode 6: Directors: D&D Writers: D&D * Dany survives and Jon hugs her. Everyone celebrates. * Dany and Jon crowned King & queen of Westeros. * Dragonstone: Dany and Jon marry with all survivors present at their wedding. * Wedding reception. Sansa talks with Gendry Baratheon (no longer bastard). Tyrion, Bronn, and the Hound drinking together. Lyanna Mormont talks with Dany. Sam drinks with Jon and Davos. Missandei and Grey Worm are together. Bran, Meera and Gilly are eating. Hotpies there, Edmure and his wife and child are there with Arya. Yara, sweet Robin, Manderly and Yohn Royce are there celebrating also. * Jon and Dany dance, Dany tells Jon she’s pregnant. * After the wedding everyone says goodbye as it is still Winter and they need to go to their people. * Dany and Jon name Winterfell New capital of Westeros, Tyrion stays as Hand, with Davos, Sansa & Missandei as advisors and Grey Worm and Brienne as commanders of their army. * Arya says goodbye to Nymeria, she plans to go west of Westeros, Hound agrees to go with her. * Sam prepares to go back to the Citadel to finish his training as a Maester for Jon and Dany, he takes Gilly and little Sam. * Edmure and his family return to Riverlands. * Tyrion gives Bronn the Twins as payment. * Yara goes back to Pyke. * Months later, Dany is about to give birth. * She gives birth to a boy, but she dies in process. * Jon names his boy Eddard Targaryen. * Post credits scene(lol): Sam is writing a new book, entitled: “The Song Of Ice and Fire”.

From reddit spoiler thread(s)

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Grevling posted:

No way they're going to kill off the biggest crowd favourite on the show at this point.

I think it makes a lot more sense that they would kill off a fan favorite in the most contrived way possible. it's the last season and the show's bread and butter is killing off characters, so why wouldn't they do that?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Note: those are fake, before you freak out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Obviously fake, but it is a reminder that they've got Miguel Sapochnik directing two episodes, which means a third of this garbage season will at least be competently and pleasingly composed, however awfully it's going to be written.