Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

teethgrinder posted:

Uh sidenote ... the last KMFDM is ... good??

I'd gotten rather bored of them and stopped paying attention, but someone convinced me to give HELL YEAH a try. Doesn't have that samey sound they'd developed post-Adios.
Ooops. You did tell me. And I totally agree. Everything after ADIOS has sounded like a KMFDM cover band writing their own songs. Incredibly samey, bland and uninspired for the most part. HELL YEAH sounds more like the 90's KMFDM. A little odd and very catchy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W424
Oct 21, 2010

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

was literally walking down the street last night and heard this band playing inside a bar so i went in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q_xtwpciAI

reminds me of a more cyberpunk youth code. normally at industrial shows i'm one of the youngest people. not here, though it's more punk/gabber. i was greeted by about 40 moshing goth-anime teens and they made me feel like a grandpa.

At first I was like ”ewww, sounds like Doom soundtrack, if they bring in guitars or some shouty dude I’m closing the tab” but it was pretty ok.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Welp, it happened

I went to Maschinenfest and now my recent Spotify activity is basically all acts that I saw there

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Hedenius posted:

Ooops. You did tell me. And I totally agree. Everything after ADIOS has sounded like a KMFDM cover band writing their own songs. Incredibly samey, bland and uninspired for the most part. HELL YEAH sounds more like the 90's KMFDM. A little odd and very catchy.

I really liked WWIII, more than a lot of their peak material. Everything since... not so much.

Front Line Assembly has an album coming out next year and a single Eye On You is out on the 16th. Pretty sure there will be a music video for this too as they were about to film something last month. I'm mildly optimistic, Warmech was OK for what it was, but in terms of actual albums I haven't liked anything since Implode. I guess I liked Fallout in terms of the remix albums? Bill seemed pretty into things at Cold Waves so maybe he's feeling inspired.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Laibach are doing a Sound of Music tour next year yesssssssssss

Edit: thread-adjacent but got tickets for Rammstein in the summer too BURN IT ALL

Danger - Octopus! fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Nov 5, 2018

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

MassRafTer posted:

I really liked WWIII, more than a lot of their peak material. Everything since... not so much.

Front Line Assembly has an album coming out next year and a single Eye On You is out on the 16th. Pretty sure there will be a music video for this too as they were about to film something last month. I'm mildly optimistic, Warmech was OK for what it was, but in terms of actual albums I haven't liked anything since Implode. I guess I liked Fallout in terms of the remix albums? Bill seemed pretty into things at Cold Waves so maybe he's feeling inspired.
No love for Epitaph or Civilization?

I thought AS and IED were both pretty mediocre but they still managed to have some cool songs on them. Echogenetic at least ditched that boring sound for something new, but other than two tracks I thought it was a disappointment compared to AirMech (which I think is one of their best albums since the glory days). WarMech sorta grew on me but I still don’t think it’s as good as AM.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

MassRafTer posted:

I'm mildly optimistic, Warmech was OK for what it was, but in terms of actual albums I haven't liked anything since Implode.

david_a posted:

Everything since Millennium is bad. That album had heart, and undeservedly got poo poo for featuring more guitars and and a pretty awesome underground rap track. Civilization is only considered good because of the Futurepop-context of the scene at the time; and now that we've all realized that VNV Nation is bad we should likewise realize that Civilization was bad. The latest FLA albums are, sometimes literally, free-to-play videogame background music.

thotsky fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Nov 5, 2018

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Biomute posted:

Everything since Millennium is bad. That album had heart, and undeservedly got poo poo for featuring more guitars and and a pretty awesome underground rap track. Civilization is only considered good because of the Futurepop-context of the scene at the time; and now that we've all realized that VNV Nation is bad we should likewise realize that Civilization was bad. The latest FLA albums are, sometimes literally, free-to-play videogame background music.

Same, but Caustic Grip.

Edit - full disclosure: I got into FLA because I'd heard a few classic tracks in clubs and thought "drat these guys are great" and bought the latest album they'd done. It was FLAvour of the Weak so that was pretty surprising and weird for me.

Danger - Octopus! fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Nov 5, 2018

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
If Oblivion (Was It Worth It-Mix) is not somewhere on your top 10 FLA songs list you are simply wrong as hell.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
OK I forgot that FLA did that cover of New Year's Day with Tiffany, of all people. I keep forgetting that some actual big name bands turned up on those endlessly reissued Cleopatra Records releases.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Edit: thread-adjacent but got tickets for Rammstein in the summer too BURN IT ALL

gently caress yesssss

Also ran across this mashup today, which I like and want to share with you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnEfAH4tcaY

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Biomute posted:

“Deservedly got poo poo on for featuring amazingly brazen guitar samples,” you mean. The best song on there was the lone survivor from when they scrapped the album and started over; no guitars on that one

Hard Wired >>>> Millennium because they integrated the guitars a million times better

Also I don’t know how you can hate on Fragmented; come on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHmIdWkrRls

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

david_a posted:

I thought AS and IED were both pretty mediocre but they still managed to have some cool songs on them. Echogenetic at least ditched that boring sound for something new, but other than two tracks I thought it was a disappointment compared to AirMech (which I think is one of their best albums since the glory days). WarMech sorta grew on me but I still don’t think it’s as good as AM.

Civilization is fine. Echogenetic has some of the absolute most painful lyrics I've heard out of FLA. Blood is just an all time bad song. The haujobb remix almost saves it by being ridiculous. But Civilization is at least inoffensive. I have zero opinion on Epitaph. Maybe I'll give it another listen this week.

It's also hard to top a peak like TNI, Millennium and Hard Wired. Especially since Hard Wired is followed by Remix Wars and you get three good FLA remixes of Die Krupps and two great remixes of FLA. The less said for Transparent Species the better. They peaked really high with three different sounding albums and just haven't found a sound that captured me since. I like Implode but it isn't compelling like those three.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Wow 'Stein are touring the poo poo out of the Eu next year. Hope there's US dates forthcoming.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

MassRafTer posted:

Civilization is fine. Echogenetic has some of the absolute most painful lyrics I've heard out of FLA. Blood is just an all time bad song. The haujobb remix almost saves it by being ridiculous. But Civilization is at least inoffensive. I have zero opinion on Epitaph. Maybe I'll give it another listen this week.

It's also hard to top a peak like TNI, Millennium and Hard Wired. Especially since Hard Wired is followed by Remix Wars and you get three good FLA remixes of Die Krupps and two great remixes of FLA. The less said for Transparent Species the better. They peaked really high with three different sounding albums and just haven't found a sound that captured me since. I like Implode but it isn't compelling like those three.
Epitaph has some real good tracks on it; Insolence and Existance (that’s how it’s spelled; never change Leeb :allears:) are top-tier.

“Worst FLA lyrics” would be a heated battle though. Which FLAvour of the Weak song is it that has “greased with lotion” in it?

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-lhIZ8AFjs

this is Dew, who are Belgian or French or something. They call their stuff "industrial-punk"; much heavier on the punk than the industrial, but the electronic bits do their job. This is from a mini-album called dew-stortion//dew-morgen which I'm playing now and enjoying.

edit: actually they're german (the label is french), and this is the other video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrOVUMeIJbU

divabot fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 6, 2018

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

boo_radley posted:

gently caress yesssss

Also ran across this mashup today, which I like and want to share with you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnEfAH4tcaY

Extremely into this.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

david_a posted:

Epitaph has some real good tracks on it; Insolence and Existance (that’s how it’s spelled; never change Leeb :allears:) are top-tier.

“Worst FLA lyrics” would be a heated battle though. Which FLAvour of the Weak song is it that has “greased with lotion” in it?

I'm just partial to Blood after seeing the crowd die during it.

The best song title is a run away for The Bonening though.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

david_a posted:

The ones that still confuse me are this pair from Deadened: "RENEGADE INSURGENTS / SURROUND THE COMPOUND" As he notes later in the song, it is a very complex situation where the insurgents are also renegades. I don't know, normally it seems redundant. I love the song despite that though, both late-model and early-model FLA are real real good with a dip in the middle. It's like a smiley face of good music.

Whispering Machines
Dec 27, 2005

Monsters? They look like monsters to you?

Molestationary Store posted:

Wow 'Stein are touring the poo poo out of the Eu next year. Hope there's US dates forthcoming.

I hope so too. I missed the tour they played last year or so with 3TEETH. I don't even really listen to Rammstein anymore except for at their shows, but the two shows I've been to (MSG 2011 and Worcester 201...4?) were a fuckin blast and some of my best memories with my friends.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Prop Wash posted:

The ones that still confuse me are this pair from Deadened: "RENEGADE INSURGENTS / SURROUND THE COMPOUND" As he notes later in the song, it is a very complex situation where the insurgents are also renegades. I don't know, normally it seems redundant. I love the song despite that though, both late-model and early-model FLA are real real good with a dip in the middle. It's like a smiley face of good music.

MURDER’S COHERANT
VOLATILE SPLEEN

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Whispering Machines posted:

I hope so too. I missed the tour they played last year or so with 3TEETH. I don't even really listen to Rammstein anymore except for at their shows, but the two shows I've been to (MSG 2011 and Worcester 201...4?) were a fuckin blast and some of my best memories with my friends.

ayy I was at that woosta show. Other one I saw was when they were in NJ off of the MSG gig doing so well/selling out so fast for them.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
I'm not sure quite what I expected from a Scott Fox version of Rime of the Ancient Mariner but it's released and is pretty cool, if you like poetry and odd noises

https://ant-zen.bandcamp.com/album/the-rime-of-the-ancient-mariner

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

mennoknight posted:

MURDER’S COHERANT
VOLATILE SPLEEN
Volatile spleen is such an amazing lyric. It transcends badness and becomes something else. Like how the hell do you have the (already very silly) lyrics:

Metal machine
Murders coherent
Volatile -----
React to the violence
React to the fear

And sit down and go "SPLEEN"! That's the word I was looking for!

Amazing.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
:hmmyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW5R59e_z-c

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
new Boy Harsher track, album "Careful" out February 2019, touring Europe and US too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4PDXmo-Gxo

Ms. Happiness
Aug 26, 2009

I saw VNV Nation in Austin last Friday. Wonderful show and I really liked the two opening acts. Mark was not touring with the band, though. Did something happen? WHERE'S MARK?!

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

https://www.facebook.com/SimRonanNotAfraid/videos/345843616221187/

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

mark gone and is that guy from fuckin Noxious Emotion still around

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Oh hey a new Laibach video, I wonder wh-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jqOSDq0Ssc

oh my

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

oh my

:yikes:

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
The whole Sound of Music is up on Spotify and Laibach’s version of 16 going on 17 may be the single most unsettling song I’ve ever heard. Highly recommended.

edit: Welcome Speech is song of the year.

Hedenius fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Nov 24, 2018

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
I've got tickets to see them live next year and I really hope they bring Boris Benko and a children's choir

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

oh my
album of the year. no competition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWV1FjsBbvE

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

probably album of the decade

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
it's actually a really shockingly good album, and stands up to repeated plays

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
It's really good. Probably has replaced my old favorite, Kapital.

My wife, as an actual Sound of Music fan, hates it and thought I was playing a cruel joke when I had her listen to it.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Kaddish posted:

It's really good. Probably has replaced my old favorite, Kapital.

My wife, as an actual Sound of Music fan, hates it and thought I was playing a cruel joke when I had her listen to it.

This was my Beatles-loving brother's response to Let It Be.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Pope Guilty posted:

This was my Beatles-loving brother's response to Let It Be.

To be fair, Let It Be is kinda bad.

This is officially the best Laibach album ever. My kids love the Sound of Music and also now love the NSK. I'm sure this is healthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Has anyone caught Ministry on this new tour? I've seen them enough to not care in 2018, but my buddy hit me up and wanted to know if we should take his 13 year old son to the show. I took a glance at the set list, and it looks like their doing the new album and then a set of what everyone REALLY wants to hear. House of Rules has balcony, so I'm kinda into it. Plus, little dude will likely have the bejeezus scared out of him and simultaneously have the urge to fight the world and I'm all about doing proper Dad Rock duty. Should be a fun time, even with $12 PBR. Anyone got a trip report?