Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

I love hyper-local poo poo like this. And yeah, that mud thing looked fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I think Tae is already awake but the bandages on her throat means she can't talk and is just a silly, loveable dunce

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Axel Serenity posted:

I think Tae is already awake but the bandages on her throat means she can't talk and is just a silly, loveable dunce

Well, she sure can eat with those bandages on!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
this anime is absolutely fantastic and I hope they eat Kotaro

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Last episode actually make me like Ai a bit more. I liked how she didn't take any poo poo from Kotaro and beat him over the head with his own baguette.

Plasmawiz
Nov 4, 2018

lain Iwakura formatted herself for your sins

:blessed:
:ranbowdash::nyan:

Mulderman posted:

Last episode actually make me like Ai a bit more. I liked how she didn't take any poo poo from Kotaro and beat him over the head with his own baguette.

I loved how enthusiastic she was about all the saga related brands that they got roped into, It made an interesting (and very amusing) dynamic with Koruto when they would both yell their throats out over a small fast food chain.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

Plasmawiz posted:

I loved how enthusiastic she was about all the saga related brands that they got roped into, It made an interesting (and very amusing) dynamic with Koruto when they would both yell their throats out over a small fast food chain.

That was Saki.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

But it was adorable yes.
Has the dub of episode 2 come out yet? I really wonder how they'll handle the rap battle.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mulderman posted:

But it was adorable yes.
Has the dub of episode 2 come out yet? I really wonder how they'll handle the rap battle.
Hopefully even more 8 Mile-esque.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

My current theory with Tae is that she is awake but her brain is swapped with an animal, like a dog or something. She eats everything and reponds to basic commands.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I had a theory that she's swapped with Romero and they're both awake, but I don't know if that holds up to all her behavior.

UnintelGen
Sep 5, 2018

Wonderful 100, Capitalism fails again!

Team, engaging Unlimited Funds!

Mulderman posted:

But it was adorable yes.

Funi hasn't dubbed anything regarding music, including the metal screaming or both rap battles (Policeman A DID get to rap, as his part isn't considered part of the music)

I get not dubbing, say, the idol songs, cause that's hard and a much longer piece- But it's really sad that they couldn't at least dub the sudo-diegetic impromptu rap segments. Oh well.
Dub's also not that good, which is weird as I'm not usually that picky on english dubs.

Also Tae's not awake, zombie rules are different on this show, and she's just going to be zombie-esque for most if not all the show's run. People just say she's awake cause if she's not then it's just a really dark joke.

Supgaiz
Jun 27, 2011

Mulderman posted:

But it was adorable yes.

It's out on VRV now, and it seems they just left it in Japanese without even putting in subtitles?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Yeah... Just watched it. They just used the Japanese rap. Like no lead up or anything. Just. Instantly we're talking Japanese now.

A drat shame. Then again, I bet it'll be hell to actually translate it to english and keep the same flow.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Supgaiz posted:

It's out on VRV now, and it seems they just left it in Japanese without even putting in subtitles?

...What? How does that even work? :psyduck:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Pretty sure Sae is acting weird because she got something put through her brain in Ep1

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

paragon1 posted:

Pretty sure Sae is acting weird because she got something put through her brain in Ep1

that was ai

i think tae is just some mental patient he found or something. her outfit kind of looks like a tattered nun habit so that might be something too

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I think Tae is just what she is. I feel like there's no explanation needed.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Well there are official character synopsis' for each character, and her's is only mostly blank so I imagine we're getting an explanation needed or not.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also, y'know: The highest profile VA and she's mainly just doing grunts, bawks and silly noises. :mmmhmm:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The idea of having a VA of frigging Sailor Moon and just making her do silly noises for entire 12 episodes is just incredible and I hope Tae never speaks.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Is it going to be a one cour show then?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If its successful they might do more seasons its what one of the VAs has said. Either if it sells disks or if it increases tourism to Saga prefecture.

I think most netizens in japan think that Gridman and Zombie Saga are the most popular shows this season. If you check online videos for Drive in Tori and such you can see a lot of chinese people posting suddenly on it because its popular in taiwan/china

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I mean Mitsushi already did the same gig for Excel Saga so why not do it for Zombieland Saga?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Edit: double phone post whoops

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Well gently caress, Ai died in pretty much the most metal way possible.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Another good episode imo. I always like it when comedy's introduce some good drama into the mix. Also they actually highlighted the differences in thinking between characters from different era's. Which has been something largely unspoken about until now.

80's Idols vs 00's Idols is an interesting conflict.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So

Sakura: Truck Kun
Lilly:Heart failure?
Ai: Lightning Strike
Saki: Motorcycle Accident?
Junko: Airplane Accident
Yuguri:Beheaded
Tae: ???????????

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I really feel like this show starts to falter whenever it tries to keep a straight face for a minute, and this week was no exception - but we'll see how next week follows up on it, we're clearly going somewhere.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

Well gently caress, Ai died in pretty much the most metal way possible.

This. Didn't really care too much about this episode. But that poo poo was metal as hell.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

I really feel like this show starts to falter whenever it tries to keep a straight face for a minute, and this week was no exception - but we'll see how next week follows up on it, we're clearly going somewhere.

I felt the same way about 3rd and 4th episode, but by now I am actually invested into the girls and their relationship enough to enjoy episodes like this.

Also Ai's death was the most ridiculous and metal thing ever. :black101:

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I like both the comedy and the drama so far.

Not sure if I just didn't notice before, but this episode had some gross sound effects when some of the zombies turn their necks.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

i felt that way about the earlier serious episode but couldn't disagree more when it came to this week. Ai and Junko are still in a place where the central thing about them is just "idol," but giving them fleshed out backgrounds and motivations/values that even take historical context into account does make them feel more realized in a way i didn't expect. since they seem to be among the characters getting a longer arc to work with, it remains to be seen if this satisfies in the end, but as a single episode this really worked for me.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah thinking back I might just have been in kind of the wrong mood for a more serious episode, I'll admit.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think it didn't really click until around halfway through, after Junko freaks out. you don't really know her deal so it comes off a bit weird at first but they hurry to contextualize it and the other characters outright stating that fights can start from people with two good points was also a nice highlight.

up until they explain the backstory i was carried enough by the light sprinkling of gags. Sagazine

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
She's going to get struck by lightning again and just keep rocking out next episode.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
I'm glad that even in universe everyone knows Tae is the best zombie.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tae fetching the producer stuff in lieu of shampoo was very cute :3:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Junko and Sakura trying to explain to each other photography from different eras was also super amusing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Junko and Sakura trying to explain to each other photography from different eras was also super amusing

I really appreciated the little attention to detail on how Junko refers to everything exactly as someone who grew up in the 80’s would.