Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
So I apparently won week 1 of the vile vault giveaway and will get " a prize package with a variety of HeroClix figures and sets."

Really hoping for some Superfriends. PS you guys should also do the Vile Vault, it's really dumb and easy trivia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Morand posted:

So I apparently won week 1 of the vile vault giveaway and will get " a prize package with a variety of HeroClix figures and sets."

Really hoping for some Superfriends. PS you guys should also do the Vile Vault, it's really dumb and easy trivia.

Where's this Vile Vault giveaway?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Father Wendigo posted:

On WizKids' Facebook page, which -- and this amuses me to no end -- they seem to have banned me from. I can see the page but I can't comment or subscribe to it.

I do not know what I did to piss off WizKids but apparently I'm a menace.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Father Wendigo posted:

Like Andy said just check their facebook. It's one of the announcements.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
I predict a box full of unsold Bizarro Aquamen. :classiclol:

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Anyone in the running or won a tri-sentinel? Did you cheese for it? Was it a fun team? Let's get some discussion in this thread.

I'm running my cosmic cheese this weekend. If I win at least 2 games, I get the Sentinel

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

Morand posted:

Anyone in the running or won a tri-sentinel? Did you cheese for it? Was it a fun team? Let's get some discussion in this thread.

I'm running my cosmic cheese this weekend. If I win at least 2 games, I get the Sentinel

Good luck with the Sentinel. I've been running our local groups event, so it looks like no Tri-Sentinel for me.

Most of our players have been just doing teams for funsies, but the most interesting team I've seen was a Gotham City team where they paired the Joker's Wild SR Penguin with the Joker's Wild FF Penguin. He'd have an adjacent friendly character target FF Penguin for a close attack to transfer his loyalty marker. Using the Batman Enemy TA, he'd borrow the attack off the SR Penguin, letting that Penguin use his "Deal With the Bat" trait to move a penguin bystander for free. I forget the rest of the team, since this was from our Month 1, but it swept that particular game.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Morand posted:

I ran one series, and played in another. The one that I played in, the judge just recorded KO points, rather than event points, and I ended up losing that one by 18 points. Those events were run with a 'bring one team of X-related heroes and one team of X-related villains, preliminary roll-off determines who runs their heroes and who runs their villains' format. Final month was 1,000 points. For my heroes, I went with Alpha Flight. Only played them one round, against a Hellfire Club team that was built around the old GSX guards that give everybody Mastermind. What killed me there was that I forgot to put Puck on the field, at a time when his 'move in a straight line and then auto-knock back someone' power would've let me actually damage important figures. My villain team was Brotherhood... I got to rock some old favorites from Days of Future Past, like Pyro, Avalanche and Destiny. Star of that show was Juggernaut, carrying around a Pym Particle-shrunken Black Tom Cassidy and trampling people every single turn.

The guy who ended up winning the Tri-Sentinel was a great friend, and ended up giving it to me. I ran it last weekend (only in one game, since it was YET ANOTHER 'bring two teams' scenario, and I only got to play that one once), and it was a ton of fun. Of course, giving it a full Infinity Gauntlet so that my 550-point character couldn't just be Outwitted and slaughtered helped quite a bit. The 10 attack values so early in the 550-point dial kind of suck, but it has enough options that it can endure those.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Do I have to do it like this?
We were late with our Battleworld Release Day event, but we held a Snake Draft last night that I won with the following team.

Maestro @ 175
Bullseye @ 50
Thanos Duplicate @ 50
Thanos Duplicate @ 25

Maestro is a freaking monster in Sealed. It's disgusting that he's just an Uncommon. Every game I ended up destroying half my opponents team with him and Bullseye shooting cleanup. Those Thanos Dupes are real good at 25 points, but I'm not sure the 50 version is worth it.

Took home a Chase Odin for the win.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

DaMangoSentinel posted:

We were late with our Battleworld Release Day event, but we held a Snake Draft last night that I won with the following team.

Maestro @ 175
Bullseye @ 50
Thanos Duplicate @ 50
Thanos Duplicate @ 25

Maestro is a freaking monster in Sealed. It's disgusting that he's just an Uncommon. Every game I ended up destroying half my opponents team with him and Bullseye shooting cleanup. Those Thanos Dupes are real good at 25 points, but I'm not sure the 50 version is worth it.

Took home a Chase Odin for the win.

I agree with the Maestro. I faced a very similar team in my pre-release with my Karolina and Dino Thor team. He also had Sheriff Rodgers to make him just that little bit harder to hit. Karolina dean on elevation with a +1 damage and some police boosts is just unfair however, that and my dice left scorch marks on the table.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

It was apparently stated in a Two Clicks from KO podcast and the details are on The Broadcast Show Facebook page: ROC is now being fully sponsored and supported by WizKids; cash prizes will be gone and replaced with nationals/world’s qualifier seats, ROC points are being retooled to be non-transferable, and ROC maps will be officially sanctioned at WizKids events and there will be an exclusive ROC map club.

I’m honestly surprised it took this long for WizKids to work out a formal deal with ROC, it’s a ready made tournament scene they just have to drop prizing on and they’re set to jet. It’ll be interesting to see if official prizing and big tournament spots make up for the loss of cash prizing for attendance.

In actual figure news, the ExoSpex and LE Rogue prizes from the WKOs were previewed: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=600337
http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=600294

I’m surprised it’s Mjlonir Rogue and not AoA, and those glasses are going to be in a lot of builds

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Went 2-1, won my Tri-Sentinel. Lost last round cause I gave no shits about Magneto and just went stupid v Andy, I knew 2 wins clinched it and did not give a fuuuck.

It looks rad as hell, it's a really awesome sculpt that is now menacing my keyboard at work.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Next week is our Halloween game and I’m trying to think of figures for use on two teams. Team 1 is mostly set as “classic monster heroes” with Capwolf, Man-Spider, vampire Captain Marvel, Franken-Castle, and zombie Iron Man. Without doubling up on any monsters or characters, am I missing anyone? There’s lots of zombie options but Iron Man gives me flight and Perplex (and Frank’s point value precludes zombie Hulk) and I want to play Carol over any other vampire.

The other team is monster hunters but I don’t recall: does anybody get particular bonuses against monsters beyond Witch Hunter Angela, Iron Slater, Elsa Bloodstone, Frank Drake and Blade?

I was also considering an Eight Legged Freaks team of Man-Spider, Spider Island Hulk & Iron Fist, and Doppleganger, but I couldn’t think of any other humanoids with eight limbs on the sculpt (not counting Doc Ock).

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Oct 26, 2018

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
For monster heroes, you could use a ghost representative. Ghost Lincoln would be my pick, but he's not really a hero, so the best one off the top of my head is Deadman, but you could maybe go with astral Strange or astral Xavier. Sasquatch would work, but that's just how they always are, rather than a gimmick version. Maybe a Hulked-Out Hero? Or one of the Venom chases from What If? The Advocate, for a demon-possessed Daredevil? The Joker Creature, for a Jekyll/Hyde sort of Batman?

For eight-limbed folks, there's the old 6-armed Spider-Man from Clobberin' Time, and the Age of Ultron chase Ultron. Oldschool Arkane from Hypertime had six legs, and Skitter from Teen Titans has eight insect limbs in addition to four human ones.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Mojo has eight legs on his platform. At least, WXM#050 does. I don't know if the CT version has eight or six.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Actually the Advocate is perfect because I was trying to think of somebody possessed and had forgotten about Matt & the Beast, and he’s just enough points to let me use Headpool for a zombie and an even 500. Thanks!

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So, looking at the ROC championship teams, noting that the winner had 14 ID cards, 2nd place had 21 ID Cards, 6th place had 24, and no one at all had less than 14 except the guy who came in 14th place, who still had 6 of them.

Crystallizing why I don't like those things. It's as if your actual team doesn't much matter, because you have an army in the wings that can't be attacked and can't really be KOed for any points, but can be called in at any point for maximum top click damage.

Of course, I've never been remotely meta-minded, so I may be overestimating them, but yeesh.

vvv Ah. Obviously, I'm not remotely smart-minded, either. Sorry.

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Nov 3, 2018

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Steve Vader posted:

So, looking at the ROC championship teams, noting that the winner had 14 ID cards, 2nd place had 21 ID Cards, 6th place had 24, and no one at all had less than 14 except the guy who came in 14th place, who still had 6 of them.

Crystallizing why I don't like those things. It's as if your actual team doesn't much matter, because you have an army in the wings that can't be attacked and can't really be KOed for any points, but can be called in at any point for maximum top click damage.

Of course, I've never been remotely meta-minded, so I may be overestimating them, but yeesh.

They don’t have 14 ID cards. They have 14 points of ID cards. 5 for Banshee, 3 points each for the 3 students.
Ditto for the 21 guy 15 points for non students 2 students for 6 more.

You can’t legally have that much on your sideline in 300 even if you had the points for 21 actual ID cards

quote:

When a Sideline is allowed by game elements, up to 3 game elements per 100 points of the build total may be included in your starting Sideline, with a maximum of 15 game elements allowed. The point values of game elements in your starting Sideline are not counted as part of your starting force

Morand fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Nov 3, 2018

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
Yeah, a lot of the top-level meta is just playing Pokemon and calling things in to fight for you. It really got compounded by the absurd changes that made ID cards more powerful (being able to use them at any time during a turn, and not needing to have 0 tokens to do it) and by the Blackbird just having a copy/paste of the Quinjet resource. And with XXS bringing us so many excellent ~50-point X-Men, even really cheap figures can call in solid attackers, which -as you say- means that damaging opposing figures doesn't matter; their ID cards are still fresh.

Then, to top it all off, you've got the chase Earth-65 Captain America, who can be given non-free actions after being carried, so she can be carted all the way across a map, call in Wolverine, who can then Sidestep/Charge/Flurry, drop the requisite Pym tank on an entire team for 2 damage and repositioning, and then KO someone with the second attack, all in one turn. Then the opponent has to deal with being based by a tank and Wolverine before they can retaliate with anything other than their own ID cards...

Top-level meta sucks. But it is kind of fun, coming up with goofy builds to throw those teams off their game. I've been doing a lot of that, as I help a couple friends prep for World's.

Speaking of, am I remembering right that you said you'd be judging for WizKids at PAX this year, Morand?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Torrent posted:

Then, to top it all off, you've got the chase Earth-65 Captain America, who can be given non-free actions after being carried, so she can be carted all the way across a map, call in Wolverine, who can then Sidestep/Charge/Flurry, drop the requisite Pym tank on an entire team for 2 damage and repositioning, and then KO someone with the second attack, all in one turn. Then the opponent has to deal with being based by a tank and Wolverine before they can retaliate with anything other than their own ID cards...

See, it's exactly this kind of thing that's put me off even bothering to try playing anymore. All it takes is someone with the will and the means to lay out the cash for the chases and ConExes that form the meta while everyone else just wants to pit the Doom Patrol against the Rogues and the game just isn't fun anymore. They really need to rein in ID cards. I think those were pretty much the nail in the coffin for me. Maybe they could fix them somewhat by saying that the ID character comes in on the same click number as the character who calls it in.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

ManiacClown posted:

See, it's exactly this kind of thing that's put me off even bothering to try playing anymore. All it takes is someone with the will and the means to lay out the cash for the chases and ConExes that form the meta while everyone else just wants to pit the Doom Patrol against the Rogues and the game just isn't fun anymore. They really need to rein in ID cards. I think those were pretty much the nail in the coffin for me. Maybe they could fix them somewhat by saying that the ID character comes in on the same click number as the character who calls it in.

Well, in my mind a lot of that is down to what sort of tournament it is. Nobody's going to expect to have a fun Doom Patrol vs. Rogues game at World's. And, by that same token, nobody should have to deal with that level of meta crap at a fun local tournament. As a judge, while I don't outright ban ID cards (like I've done for most of the resources), I've made it known that those and other meta-level abuses aren't really welcomed at tournaments. There's a lot of good players at my venue who, at times, tend towards that stuff, but over the years I've gotten them to understand that it just isn't fun for anyone if they do that. Then I mix up build totals, build restrictions, and oddball scenarios to keep everyone on their toes and balance the field. We get good, rough teams, but almost always thematic, and rarely abusing the meta.

There's room for both in the game, but they really do need to be kept separate to keep a healthy play group.

...and I really do hate ID cards.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

We had a WKO today and it was a huge hit for our local store. Normally we might run 1 BR with guys whos friends make the top 8 and then everyone leaves, well this time the store actually bought a BR pack and when we announced we had BR specific prizes as well as prizes from the top 8 available absolutely nobody left and the store had "The best sunday in quite awhile". Many BR's were run and enjoyment was had by all I believe

I was helping judge so I never played, but was very pleased that 3 local guys made it to the top 4. Final Game was Witch Queen v Witch Queen and the local player made a really bad mental error when he chose to knockback an outrider with force blast instead of going for the opposing witch queen (In his defense that was his 7th game of clix in 7 hours so burnout was possibly a thing) which let the other witch queen get off a single target pulse wave which was a crit and was also game. Oh well!

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Quick rules question, Elseworlds Uncommon Flash, can he use his tricky little save the president's life power to stop one figure from taking a full pulse wave blast if he's outside of the pulsewave range? Generally think of Pulse wave as a null zone and just by chance we don't actually use it much since it's not on a whole lot of figures in general and when we do it's usually pretty open and shut. It says he can use it when a character would be hit by a range attack and pulse wave is ranged combat action that results in an attack so I wasn't sure, I just let the dude block the 4 damage his main figure would have taken because I don't care enough to get into an argument but is that how it should work?

Also feel like as I've gotten older, I've become less able to eloquently explain the sorts of rules lawyering and explanations this game sometimes requires so I tend to just go with the flow for our games.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

It looks like he could, as long as he’s not in PW range his stuff will fire normally and pulse wave only shuts poo poo down on that first range action. Seems like it should work

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Morand posted:

It looks like he could, as long as he’s not in PW range his stuff will fire normally and pulse wave only shuts poo poo down on that first range action. Seems like it should work

quote:

SAVING THE PRESIDENT: Once per game, if another friendly character within 10 squares and line of fire would be hit by a range attack, you may place The Flash in a square adjacent to the target and that attack misses that target. If you do, for the rest of the game, The Flash's speed value becomes 0 and he can use Sidestep and Outwit.

quote:

PULSE WAVE RANGE: Halve range, [IT: Characters, Shoot despite adjacency]. Other characters within range can’t use powers or abilities (for this action). Make a range attack targeting all other characters, at least one of which must be opposing, within range and line of fire using their printed defense values. If more than one character is targeted, each hit character is dealt 1 damage instead of normal damage
I agree. You activate the effect from outside the PW's radius. Once he enters it, the effect has already begun, so it'll continue working, but even hedging against that, you're effectively rendering an effect you're in the middle of resolving illegal, so it should continue on that front as well. I'd suggest asking on WIN for a definite answer, but my rules lawyering— rusty though it is now— reads it that way. I'm not sure when the "If you do" portion gets evaluated— that is, when you activate it or when the attack resolves and misses. I could see them issuing some weird counterintuitive ruling that the first half (Ha! You missed!) fires but the second half (0 Speed, Sidestep and Outwit) doesn't. They're good at bullshit like that.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So I've got a 300 point Carded Age Named X-Related Theme Team game coming up.

I know I'm going to see that SR Wolverine. Thankfully, Highlander rule is in effect so I won't see multiples of him.

What are some cool X-related ways to deal with him?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Steve Vader posted:

So I've got a 300 point Carded Age Named X-Related Theme Team game coming up.

I know I'm going to see that SR Wolverine. Thankfully, Highlander rule is in effect so I won't see multiples of him.

What are some cool X-related ways to deal with him?
Play X-Force, bring Dead Girl, see how funny he thinks he is when you turn off all his STOP.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

CapnAndy posted:

Play X-Force, bring Dead Girl, see how funny he thinks he is when you turn off all his STOP.

Ah, cool.

"Dead Girl can use Blades/Claws/Fangs. Until the end of the turn, characters hit by Dead Girl can't use STOP."

When does that kick in? After actions resolve and he's probably already used STOP, or immediately after the hit? Does it only happen after a BCF hit - or if BCF is outwitted, would the other part of the power still activate?

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Got a Forge? Do the same thing with his neutralizer gun.

She doesn’t need to use BCF. If she can’t use Bcf but hits it’ll happen. And it happens when she hits but before she deals damage. So with a decent BCF roll she can really ruin his day

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Morand posted:

Got a Forge? Do the same thing with his neutralizer gun.

She doesn’t need to use BCF. If she can’t use Bcf but hits it’ll happen. And it happens when she hits but before she deals damage. So with a decent BCF roll she can really ruin his day

Don't think I have the LE, but the WATX fig has a similar power, but I don't think it'll work that well unless I'm able to tee off on him while he's on that click.

NEUTRALIZER GUN: When Forge hits an opposing character with a ranged combat attack, before damage is dealt, choose a power that character can use. That character can't use that power or any combat or team abilities until your next turn.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Finally got a decent chunk of battleworld in so I decided to run some battleworld in a 700 point game.

I made 2 teams

Thor Corps

Destroyer Thor
Dino-Thor
Boar Thor
Ultimate Thor at 125
Thorus
4 generic Thors
Healing Cask

Minions of Thanos

Prime Thanos
4 Thanos Duplicates
3 Outriders
Proxima Midnight
Black Dwarf
Corvus Glaive
Mirror of Myswhatever
Spear of Proxima Midnight

Thor corps were exceptionally popular and a couple of people told me to just run Thanos so I figured gently caress it and went for it.

Round 1 I had the bye

I played a fun game against the Judges Avengers Squad using the Thors so I'd at least get to try them out once. Destroyer Thor was the MVP by far. With some Thors in front of him and Thorus next to him he was just constantly unloading. Ultimate Thor was definitely hampered by not having that amazing move and attack power he gets but his outwit was far more useful and he got more than a few shots in.

Round 2 versus the Thor Corps

Destroyer Thor
She Hulk
Big Boss Hill
Thorus
Ultimate Thor at full
A Thor
Dino-Thor

Played on weirdworld map. First blood to him as he sniped a duplicate and I pushed another one to base something so thanos could ping it for one and get an infinity token. Proxima hit destroyer Thor from 9 away which was too far for spear tricks but still got him a tracer token. Thanos hit for a few more to get him to invincible. He went hard for the prime but I made all my shape change rolls. Corvus and the Dwarf charged in to do some decent damage and Thanos ko’d big boss hill and the destroyer for 2 more tokens. The outriders were excellent tie up distractions since they basically prevented theme probs from my other punchy guys. Corvus melted under the full attentions of several pissed off Thors however. She hulk charged thanos who KO’d her with only a few mins left and I won 295-240. Close game. Thanos did work.

Round 3 versus Battleworld:Other

Maestro
She-Hulk
Sheriff Strange
Prime Thanos
1 50 point duplicate
1 25 point duplicate
Witch Hunter Angela

I didn’t think I’d do well here, too much Baron/Baroness perplex. He thought he’d do poorly v me because I had all the figures. Played on weirdworld again. Slow start. I had duplicates bring the equipment over for a turn 1 equip. He bunched up and perplexed up his defenses. We slowly advanced with me using the walls and hindering to keep out of LOF. He busted a wall and a duplicate took a shot on Black Dwarf but missed. My prime then did a RS into the rubble and killed his dupe for his first token. My outriders ran up and based him in the front and back. His sheriff managed to ko the rear one but the guy in front made all the shape change or super senses rolls. I ran and based his rear line again while my thanos killed his second dupe for token 2. But witch hunter for 3 with a dupe on elevation. Rear guy died first shot again front guy was a stud again. With his dudes pushed I broke a wall and charged with black dwarf. One flurry later no more sheriff strange and one less perplex. He finally managed to KO my last outrider and she hulk charged elsewhere. She got nuked by thanos and ko’d by a dupe. Maestro and Thanos killed the dwarf with maestro finishing him off and his steal energy negating the one click of cull damage he took. Proxima got on elevated from 6 away and rolled incredibly to hit maestro and make him immobile with her spear object. He hit leadership and his thanos killed one of my dupes for his first token. Proxima pushed to hit maestro again and immobilized him again. Corvus then ko’d him with a big shot. I lost my dupes as I wanted him to have more gems for reasons. Corvus managed to hit him despite his 20 off of invincible. He hit Corvus to a regen click where he regenerated for 2. This was when my reasons for wanting him to have more gems happened. He bumped up defense and damage and hit Corvus for 6, and took 6 himself via cull obsidian. Sure he got another token but the Proxima based him and opponent realizing what was gonna happen just choose to hit her for 6 as well which also KO’d him.

Overall I thought the minions of thanos played super loving well. The outriders are annoying as gently caress to deal with and Thanos with a gem token and the Mirror is nigh unkilkable. Still wanna try the Thor corps though.

Morand fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Nov 26, 2018

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I don’t suppose any of you fine Clixers would be interested in buying an AoA Iceman Chase? I kind of boned myself and forgot to budget for some bills.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Did anyone besides Andy make it out to Pax? How was it? The realms are making it seem like the head judge was exhibiting Rupp levels of dickery and there were alot of lovely and incorrect rulings.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Morand posted:

Did anyone besides Andy make it out to Pax? How was it? The realms are making it seem like the head judge was exhibiting Rupp levels of dickery and there were alot of lovely and incorrect rulings.

I couldn't make it, but a couple of my friends went. I expect I'll get some stories on Thursday, and Darin/DKJedi, the head of volunteers for WizKids, should be stopping by our tournament on Saturday, so I'll be able to get the company line then. I'll pass along whatever gossip turns up.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I thought it was fine, but I exclusively played in battle royales and the one time we called a judge over all weekend was when someone managed to KO their own figure without any opponent ever damaging it, and we needed a ruling on how exactly you score that.

Also I painted a Space Marine and he looks pretty good, I think!

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I just read the whole thread about the big rule dispute. Always hard to get my head around multi-base movement rules, but as long as the Haunted Tank can climb ladders I'm okay.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Steve Vader posted:

I just read the whole thread about the big rule dispute. Always hard to get my head around multi-base movement rules, but as long as the Haunted Tank can climb ladders I'm okay.
I'm on page 9 and if that diagram that got posted is accurate, it's 100% legal. Every character is single-base while it's moving, the rules are crystal clear about that. It's conceptually weird that huge dudes shrink down and re-expand and it probably ought to go on the list of rules to look at for next year's revisions, but that is the rule right now and the whale can absolutely squeeze through one-square openings when it's in motion.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

CapnAndy posted:

I'm on page 9 and if that diagram that got posted is accurate, it's 100% legal. Every character is single-base while it's moving, the rules are crystal clear about that. It's conceptually weird that huge dudes shrink down and re-expand and it probably ought to go on the list of rules to look at for next year's revisions, but that is the rule right now and the whale can absolutely squeeze through one-square openings when it's in motion.

The most helpful description I saw in that thread is that you choose a square to move from, and then act like the rest of the squares are being carried with it, and they can be placed adjacent as long as they aren't beyond the speed value from the original position.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Morand posted:

"Rupp" levels of dickery?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

ManiacClown posted:

"Rupp" levels of dickery?

Brian Rupp (I think that was his first name? Been awhile), the head judge before the current head judge. Tremendous flaming rear end in a top hat who turned out to be a giant baby that couldn't take criticism. Flamed out on the realms and was fired/quit.

The year that Muncho also massively hosed up the wizkids booth by being a dick, he was also being a giant dick in the tournament section. Major low point in professionalism all around.