Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Here it was on video, starting from the lap before. I think I can see that photog already on the track side of the wall, standing up against it, at this point? They're waaaaay out there on the next lap, and never seen again starting the lap after that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbs2o2mCJaw&t=2408s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
The Formula E thread is locked but anyway

https://www.motorsport.com/formula-e/news/formula-e-live-streaming-youtube-ksi/3206231/

quote:

Formula E has announced a new partnership with YouTube that means races will be streamed live in the UK for the first time from the opening round of season five.

FE previously broadcasted practice and qualifying sessions on YouTube – and made full event reruns available on the platform – but races were not screened live.

The deal is starting out as a “supplementary streaming service in the UK – with the ambition of expanding viewing opportunities in other territories and eligible markets”, according to an FE statement.

The races will be presented by a rotating team of YouTube influencers, anchored by regular host Laurence McKenna, in a studio established at YouTube Space London.

Internet personality Olajide Olatunji, known online as 'KSI', has been confirmed as part of the presenting team for the season opener in Saudi Arabia.

:downsgun:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I have no loving clue who any of those people are but I'm not gonna watch it anyway so I dont care.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Basticle posted:

I have no loving clue who any of those people are but I'm not gonna watch it anyway so I dont care.

Same but still lol.

Introduce slicks, ditch the incredibly lovely industrial park/car park "tracks", and well I guess that would be a huge step forward anyway seeing as how the new cars can apparently last a race distance now without needing a car swap.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
They already broadcast on YouTube if you knew what country to point a VPN at (Singapore)

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

They already broadcast on YouTube if you knew what country to point a VPN at (Singapore)

It's more a case that it seems there might not be a UK broadcaster even bothering to show the series now which has bounced channel to channel recently.

Then someone had the great idea to hire YOUTUBE INFLUENCERS because

At this stage hope this series goes the way of A1GP because lol

See you all in Saudi Arabia!!

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Geely (finally) completed their purchase of Utah (né Miller) Motorsports Park. I don't think I've ever actually seen a race there, was it good? Apparently World Challenge still races there? Would we want to see more series such as IMSA go there?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Miller is completely flat iirc which makes it trash :colbert:

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Basticle posted:

Geely (finally) completed their purchase of Utah (né Miller) Motorsports Park. I don't think I've ever actually seen a race there, was it good? Apparently World Challenge still races there? Would we want to see more series such as IMSA go there?

The first year the ALMS raced there, they used the longer track layout which was so featureless and so confusing that drivers had a hard time remembering where they were on the course. In later years they used a simplified layout but it never made for great racing and remained a flat featureless track that didn’t really live up to its potential as a sporting venue.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
The problem with Miller is that it has no flow or rhythm other than "here is every single type of corner imaginable all in a row for two-thirds of the very very long lap!"

The less terrible version is still terrible.

It feels like it was designed by people who wanted the ultimate solo track day experience, but forgot to add important features that would have helped it be a track on which it would be fun to race against other cars.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

miller is modern race tracks in a nutshell, which is to say, quite poo poo

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Wait, are those the real names for those corners? Looks like someone has been scanning most of Rolling Stone's back catalogue

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
hosed up that the turn after "Maybe you make it" isn't "Maybe ya don't"

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

the "kink" is about as kinky as it gets in Utah

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
looks bad, op

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

OhsH posted:

looks bad, op
On things that look bad - The new V8Supercars version of the Mustang has been shown:

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/new-mustang-supercar-breaks-cover/

It looks loving awful as it has to fit the proportions regulated for the floorpan and cage, giving it a shorter nose, longer boot and higher roof

:barf:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

https://twitter.com/BaronVonClutch/status/1058668392050118656

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

You Am I posted:

On things that look bad - The new V8Supercars version of the Mustang has been shown:

It looks loving awful as it has to fit the proportions regulated for the floorpan and cage, giving it a shorter nose, longer boot and higher roof

Holy christ is that a gently caress ugly car. It's like a goddamn mighty machine with downs.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
That's worse than I could have possibly imagined. It somehow looks even less like a Mustang than the xfinity box

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

that wing in particular really makes it awful

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Just euthanise Supercars already, there’s no need for it. Give the Bathurst 1000 to the Improved Production guys, or something.

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005
It looks like a Mustang that swallowed a V8SC whole and assumed it's shape.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

You Am I posted:

Dear loving lord that thing is hideous.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I think the camo paint doesn't do it any favors, but that rear wing is HIDEOUS.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

iospace posted:

Turn off your monitor.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

iospace posted:

Nah, it's the front.
The lights look too low and like they've been shrunk and then put on a old commo.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

We can all agree that it is ugly as gently caress and Supercars should probably just be executed at this point.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Align Supercars with the Class One regulations (Super GT/DTM), journey to the stars.

Hell those are turbo fours so it’d work well with the “global” Mustang too.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

orange juche posted:

We can all agree that it is ugly as gently caress and Supercars should probably just be executed at this point.

Yep, it makes me pine for the Group A days. I think from next year it's only going to be Ford vs. Holden again, so yawn.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
I think we can all agree that the correct Australian silhouette mustang is the MARC II V8

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

dsriggs posted:

Just euthanise Supercars already, there’s no need for it. Give the Bathurst 1000 to the Improved Production guys, or something.

Can we just get rid of Australia?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

drgitlin posted:

:mad:

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

You Am I posted:

Yep, it makes me pine for the Group A days. I think from next year it's only going to be Ford vs. Holden again, so yawn.

I think the teams making the Nissan haven't given up on using it, I think Nissan is stopping supporting them.

drgitlin posted:

After watching the midterms and both parties reaction to them: Only if we get rid of America first.

harperdc posted:

Align Supercars with the Class One regulations (Super GT/DTM), journey to the stars.

Hell those are turbo fours so it'd work well with the "global" Mustang too.

I think that Supercars being a lower cost less aero intensive series makes it significantly more fun and racey than Class One racing.
The only problem Supercars has is that it's Australia and no-one really cares if they sell cars here or not.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Schlesische posted:

After watching the midterms and both parties reaction to them: Only if we get rid of America first.

I think if both Australia and America come together and think this out, they can come to a solution that is agreeable to everyone in the us and australian politics threads. Namely both countries sinking into the ocean forever.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

orange juche posted:

I think if both Australia and America come together and think this out, they can come to a solution that is agreeable to everyone in the us and australian politics threads. Namely both countries Florida sinking into the ocean forever.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Can they somehow just save Sebring?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

But then we would lose Sebring.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Nov 9, 2018

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Sebring is 135 feet above sea level, so you could sink a fair amount of Florida and still keep it above water.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
EDIT: How did I even get into this thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Schlesische posted:

I think that Supercars being a lower cost less aero intensive series makes it significantly more fun and racey than Class One racing.
The only problem Supercars has is that it's Australia and no-one really cares if they sell cars here or not.

Tire wars make everything better