Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Jose Oquendo posted:

Are there any good locations to loot aluminum? I am trying to keep my usual weapons in decent shape but I never have any aluminum but I have a ton of all the other required mats.

Schools and hospitals have a bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Ran into an interesting bug (feature?). I moved my Camp from the newbie-area to the SE corner for higher level loot runs, however when I went to plop down my building it said I had reached the building limit. I started to scrap poo poo one by one, and no matter how many objects I scrapped the build limit was 100% full. Now I have a useless Camp in buttfuck nowhere with no benches or storage.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Akumos posted:

bDynamicDepthOfField=0

Apparently if you add this to fallout76prefs it actually removes the awful dof/zoom blur. I tried everything else but this worked. Also enforced 60 fps cap sucks oh well.

These are the settings that I use in the Fallout76Prefs.ini file and my game looks pretty good and not a blurry mess.

To install just find you Fallout76Prefs.ini file, MAKE A BACKUP OF IT, open it up in NotePad, find the section "[ImageSpace]" and then replace everything with this stuff:

[ImageSpace]
bDoDepthOfField=0
bDynamicDepthOfField=0
bMBEnable=0
bLensFlare=1
bScreenSpaceBokeh=0

Don't forget to save your changes.

The big culprits are DOF, MB (motion blur) and Bokeh. If you don't like lens flare you can share change the above 1 to 0 next to bLensFlare.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

SNOT CORN posted:

Except when you are forced to place things again and for some reason the game decides to make that literally impossible with their weird clipping rules
several pages behind but I feel I should mention this because it's counter-intuitive: if you can't place your saved CAMP layout in the Stored column, press the button to delete the blueprint and it will break the blueprint apart into separate items you can place again. i didn't understand this first time around and ended up wasting resources on a second copy of everything I'd already built

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

just to be confusing, you can also make your own non automatic blueprint and that's truly just a blueprint and you have to have the resources or stored items available to place it. i don't remember if it will draw from the stored full camp blueprint so probably you should always break that apart first. or just only use those for workshops

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

SwitchbladeKult posted:

These are the settings that I use in the Fallout76Prefs.ini file and my game looks pretty good and not a blurry mess.

To install just find you Fallout76Prefs.ini file, MAKE A BACKUP OF IT, open it up in NotePad, find the section "[ImageSpace]" and then replace everything with this stuff:

[ImageSpace]
bDoDepthOfField=0
bDynamicDepthOfField=0
bMBEnable=0
bLensFlare=1
bScreenSpaceBokeh=0

Don't forget to save your changes.

The big culprits are DOF, MB (motion blur) and Bokeh. If you don't like lens flare you can share change the above 1 to 0 next to bLensFlare.

fIronSightsPitchSpeedRatio = 1.0000
fPitchSpeedRatio = 1.0000
bMouseAcceleration = 0

Apparently you can add these under controls in the normal Fallout76 file to fix your mouse vert/hor not matching too, feels like raw input to me now. Not even sure if disabling mouse accel does anything there but the pitch thing worked.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Mr Hootington posted:

https://youtu.be/mQNKcO8CMvc
Atom shop datamined video. Lootboxes?!?!?! Lol

I had a quick look at the archives that was discussed in this video:

That's pretty damning unless it's just a holdover from early experimentation...

The lunchbox scripts are located under "economy".

The scripts have references to player buffs.
The descriptions aren't consistent, sometimes they refer to them as magazine effects, bobbleheads, or "Party Favors".
Possibly just written at different stages of development.

Some of the descriptions from decompiled scripts:
code:
ScriptName Economy:LunchboxPlaceScript extends ActiveMagicEffect
{ Add a random perk when a Lunchbox casts a spell, Gives a random Magazine Effect }
=====
FormList Property MTX_Lunchbox_PartyFavors Auto mandatory
{ The list of bobbleheads that can be randomly granted to the player }
=====
FormList Property MTX_Lunchbox_PartyFavors Auto mandatory
{ The list of party favors that can be randomly granted to the player }
They don't stack:
code:
Keyword Property HasLunchboxEffect_MTX Auto
{ Keyword that prevents stacking of multiple lunchboxes and dispels previous effects }
Someone on reddit that is better then me at this managed to dump the perk descriptions, which seem to include those PartyFavors:

quote:

POST_ATX_Lunchbox_Confetti01
Confetti Perk
5% bonus damage means enemies may explode into a gory red paste

POST_ATX_Lunchbox_Hunger_Perk
To-Go Punch Perk
Lunchbox Party Favor that stops hunger for a period of time

POST_ATX_Lunchbox_NoHunger_Perk
Too Much Cake Perk
Lunchbox Party Favor that stops hunger for a period of time

POST_ATX_Lunchbox_NoThirst_Perk
To-Go Punch Perk
Lunchbox Party Favor that stops thirst for a period of time

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

VulgarandStupid posted:

Are there any good Fallout 4 content mods? It seems like the videos that come up on Youtube are all mods in progress...

Frost and Horizon are survival overhauls, Frost more about scraping by in a world of extreme danger, Horizon more about grabbing resources to research weapons and armor and establish settlement bases. Horizon is notionally on top the base game but changes so many systems it's better thought of as an overhaul.

Sim Settlements and Tales from the Commonwealth are content adders to the base game. Tales sprinkles sidequests with amateur voice-acting and dialogue trees which reuse NPC lines through the base game's map. Sim grabs onto the base settlement building and adds freeform plot designation, prebaked city plans (in Rise of the Commonwealth), and tech trees (in Industrial Revolution) and quests you unlock based on progress up them. (It also adds a nice Potion of Icarian Flight reference.)

Glazius fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Nov 7, 2018

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Scott Forstall posted:

if you use blueprints, you need all the materials for a whole new CAMP, stored (up until today) let me transplant my whole house, with floors, stairs, walls, and interior pieces all at once without having to pay for it again in mats.

You can. When you relocate it puts all your structures in the stored tab, usually in one big built piece. I move my base regularly for only cap costs.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
I know. That’s what I wanted to do but it wasn’t working

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Glenn Quebec posted:

I just want to say that Fallout is my Call of Duty. I buy all of them and love playing them. I'm sorry.

I even played Fallout Shelter.

In these uncertain times it is a relief that we can rely on the undying loyalty people owe to brands.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I’m going to sink so many hours into this game. I really enjoy being a mysterious stranger, and randomly appearing to help someone turn the tide in a firefight, or giving some low level players some stimpaks and extra weapons.

I can totally see myself hanging out at certain locations while I read a book, and play the role of NPC when someone stumbles upon my hangout. When I’m a higher level, I’ll probably go all in with the Order of Mysteries.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Does anyone know off hand if it's a net weight benefit to take my raw scrap and turn it into bulk scrap with the tinker bench then keep that in my stash? I had like 2k steel scrap during the last beta but didn't feel like spending time experimenting with it.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

I used about 200 plastic to convert all of my lead, steel and wood into bulk and it saved about 6 pounds. I don't really think it's worth it until they adjust the values.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Open Marriage Night posted:

I’m going to sink so many hours into this game. I really enjoy being a mysterious stranger, and randomly appearing to help someone turn the tide in a firefight, or giving some low level players some stimpaks and extra weapons.

I can totally see myself hanging out at certain locations while I read a book, and play the role of NPC when someone stumbles upon my hangout. When I’m a higher level, I’ll probably go all in with the Order of Mysteries.

Cite your quotes

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Thrillho Mod files up on the PGS brotherhood of goon thread. Along with enclosed instructions on how to replace the game's looping menu/login movies with whatever you heckin want.

Scott Forstall posted:

if you use blueprints, you need all the materials for a whole new CAMP, stored (up until today) let me transplant my whole house, with floors, stairs, walls, and interior pieces all at once without having to pay for it again in mats.

When you disaseemble your CAMP when you move to a new location, everything that you built is stored in one big piece if it was built on a connecting structure. Stuff that's free-standing just gets individually stored. So you can quite literally build a shack or tower and then plunk it down anywhere you want without spending anything but the caps to move your CAMP.

You can also break apart a stored structure to its individual pieces and place those if placing it all at once is giving you trouble where you decided to deploy.

Storage for your CAMP stuff is counted not by weight but by CAMP budget.

Also - if you want more visitors at your CAMP (including both goons not on your team and pubbies) you can put down a Welcome mat - which acts as a fast-travel beacon that shows up on the map.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Nov 7, 2018

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Prophecy120 posted:

I used about 200 plastic to convert all of my lead, steel and wood into bulk and it saved about 6 pounds. I don't really think it's worth it until they adjust the values.

From what we've found you can't sell scrap to vendors but you can sell bulk. Also bulking scrap makes your stash a bit less cluttered. Apparently it doesn't have weight though.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Akumos posted:

fIronSightsPitchSpeedRatio = 1.0000
fPitchSpeedRatio = 1.0000
bMouseAcceleration = 0

Apparently you can add these under controls in the normal Fallout76 file to fix your mouse vert/hor not matching too, feels like raw input to me now. Not even sure if disabling mouse accel does anything there but the pitch thing worked.

Appreciate it! I'll add this into my pref file as well.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
How are people collecting 300+ pounds of scrap? When I turned all junk into scrap I haven't gone above 200 weight in my box yet.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Donovan Trip posted:

Cite your quotes

“Game good.”

- Me, SomethingAwful forums November 6 2018

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXHnoq9XLoM

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Mr Hootington posted:

https://youtu.be/mQNKcO8CMvc

Atom shop datamined video. Lootboxes?!?!?! Lol

https://youtu.be/PO_7VYWL0LE

Juicehead grows concerned

This dork also posted a poll on his channel asking "Would you guys prefer Fallout 76 as it stands right now or a game with human NPCs and dialogue choices, but only 4 player co-op? Genuinely curious as to how people feel on this"

Guess which option is winning 4 to 1? Hint: it's not the game he's been playing for the past week+.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Tenzarin posted:

How are people collecting 300+ pounds of scrap? When I turned all junk into scrap I haven't gone above 200 weight in my box yet.
It's most likely majority steel with a good chunk of wood (but noticeably less since you burn a lot of it cooking). The sum of the rest of my scrap is not nearly as much

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I dumped 1k steel and it saved 20lbs lol

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
You could do a really interesting story with four peeps reshaping the world. It’s basically every post apocalyptic tabletop RPG.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

The Bunker Buster rocket launcher weighs 46lb.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Golden Bee posted:

You could do a really interesting story with four peeps reshaping the world. It’s basically every post apocalyptic tabletop RPG.

Sorry, what you're describing is called game design. That's not what this is about. This is about vault boy.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

CrashCat posted:

It's most likely majority steel with a good chunk of wood (but noticeably less since you burn a lot of it cooking). The sum of the rest of my scrap is not nearly as much

Steel and wood yeah.

Wood is easy enough to burn but I've just started selling my excess bulk steel to vendors when stocking up on stimpacks.

I also started basically using grenades and mines any time I run across multiple enemies (or higher health ones I want to soften up with indirect fire from cover) and that also helps.

Prophecy120 posted:

The Bunker Buster rocket launcher weighs 46lb.

I can see carrying this ridiculous thing around at that weight when you really want to use it...but they reeeeally need to give weapons, armor, and ammo their own separate storage and dedicated weight limits.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Nov 7, 2018

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

If the problem with the stash size is related to the whole "game crashes if too many items" problem then they could implement different types of stashes that only take specific types of items. Gun racks for weapons, closets for clothing and armor, etc.

Fuzzykins
Nov 24, 2013
I think I might actually go with a second account. That immediately solves the weight issue, and I can also park at a workshop to defend/collect now and then while roaming, and if I get logged out or want to the extra character in my team gets control of the workshop in the meantime instead of losing it all

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

RagnarokZ posted:

So the game's physics engine is controlled by FPS, there's absolutely no security preventing hacking to the point you can mod the sodding thing and the head dev doesn't know why a paramount feature is a thing.

Oh yeah and a giant 30 gigabyte patch to increase the prices in the in-game store.

I remember when we all though day-one DLC was bullshit, what happened to us?

Don't ask me, I didn't buy it

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I have seen horses flying in RDR2 and other glitches.

It seems that glitches are a effect of trying to simulate a complex world. But maybe Bethesda should have updated the engine years ago, probably with the Skyrim money. They did not, and here we are.

I am having fun playing Fallout 76. No idea for how long or how much will bugs affect me.

----

Yesterday I managed to play a littel. Visited the nuka cola factory. Nothing much interesting there, but some doors where closed to me. Is a place with a loot of honey, so I guest is a good place to find honey (for cooking) and other food ingredients.

Tei fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Nov 7, 2018

DerVerrater
Feb 19, 2013
WHATEVER HAPPENED ON DISCORD, I WAS NOT INVOLVED

Tei posted:

I am having fun playing Fallout 76. No idea for how long or how much will bugs affect me.

Much the same and i am usually quite the critic of beth games/did not finish or enjoy FO4 so it was a pleasant suprise how much fun i have had. I have had some minor bugs like the power armour slender man effect and a few CTD but nothing major.

Tei posted:

Is a place with a loot of honey, so I guest is a good place to find honey (for cooking) and other food ingredients.

Wait till you meet the honey booty monster.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Mr Hootington posted:

I dumped 1k steel and it saved 20lbs lol
whoops

i thought all the bulk scrap bundles were the same weight but maybe i misremembered

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

.......he's alive???????

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Open Marriage Night posted:

please dont stalk women in a video game

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://youtu.be/0bL3Viw1LBk

Spoilers for cut content or future content.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

Here is Bethesda taking to reddit to not-address the current issues.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/9v0886/beta_thankyou_and_addressing_your_feedback/?utm_source=Community&utm_medium=Social

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

lmao

"no push to talk because uhhh immersion"

"can't have an FOV slider because animations would clip, just get used to the motion sickness lol"