Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'm rereading dressrosa and was this ever cleaned up for the volumes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
was that during the fruit contest? man its been like a year or two right?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

that was over 200 chapters ago lol

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

New rules: Every fight a strawhat is in only takes one chapter! Luffy fights 3 chapters max!!!!

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Meme Emulator posted:

New rules: Every fight a strawhat is in only takes one chapter! Luffy fights 3 chapters max!!!!

those 300-page chapters would be pretty amazing

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahFB7IWsJlE

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Jose posted:

I'm rereading dressrosa and was this ever cleaned up for the volumes?

Nope, looks the same. It's not the worst panel to keep a bit sketchy, at least.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
he king punched the entire match, which was already in chaos. if anything it should maybe be messier

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Punch King Best King.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Yeah, wait, what's wrong with that page? It's pure energy. You can clearly tell what's going on, but you can't make out fine details because holy poo poo that punch.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Eiba posted:

Yeah, wait, what's wrong with that page? It's pure energy. You can clearly tell what's going on, but you can't make out fine details because holy poo poo that punch.

Viewing it out of context and four years after the fact I don't know what the thing at the point of impact is. Is it an energy blob? Someone's face? Equipment shattering?

e: it's a dust ring! Oh. Well, I'm leaving my guesses up because I went through all those and more before realizing what it was.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lol imagine reading op for most of your life and not instantly recognizing oda's impact-dust circle.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

~*~actually~*~ I haven't read a ton of the manga

I've read some of the older arcs but otherwise I started watching a couple years back during Dressrosa and only started reading when I (eventually) caught up to the release schedule of the anime

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I was staring at that page for way too long trying to figure out what could be wrong with it

guy yells punch and punches someone really hard, hell yeah

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Adlai Stevenson posted:

lol imagine not reading one piece

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Adlai Stevenson posted:

I've read some of the older arcs but otherwise I started watching a couple years back during Dressrosa and only started reading when I (eventually) caught up to the release schedule of the anime

This is the most depressing thing I've ever heard in my entire life.

Good for you if you enjoy it that way and keep doing it however you like it but I'm imagining myself doing that and it just feels bad.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Man with Hat posted:

This is the most depressing thing I've ever heard in my entire life.

Good for you if you enjoy it that way and keep doing it however you like it but I'm imagining myself doing that and it just feels bad.

I keep up to date on the manga and have since mid-Dressrosa. I've just only seen, and haven't read, most of the manga from Enies Lobby through the first half of Dressrosa. Haven't seen the anime since I caught up.

Also obligatory "if that's the most depressing thing you've ever heard your life must be amazing" comment

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Adlai Stevenson posted:

I keep up to date on the manga and have since mid-Dressrosa. I've just only seen, and haven't read, most of the manga from Enies Lobby through the first half of Dressrosa. Haven't seen the anime since I caught up.

Also obligatory "if that's the most depressing thing you've ever heard your life must be amazing" comment

Seriously, read the manga from the beginning and you'll understand why that initial comment wasn't hyperbole.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Reading the end of dressrosa the birdcage is loving appalling

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

how tall is kaidou?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Jose posted:

Reading the end of dressrosa the birdcage is loving appalling

The countdown till Haki recharges still hurts to think about.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Jose posted:

how tall is kaidou?

Exactly as tall as he needs to be
and never as tall as you expect him to

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Sub Harrison posted:

The countdown till Haki recharges still hurts to think about.

That's sounds more jump editor than Oda. I refuse to believe Oda wanted it that way

KoB
May 1, 2009

Snazzy Frocks posted:

That's sounds more jump editor than Oda. I refuse to believe Oda wanted it that way

I doubt that Oda cant just do whatever he wants.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I'm sure jump has the final say on how long to draw things out

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he wanted the pirate armada on chapter 800. there were other ways it could have been dragged out though i mean there was an admiral and blackbeard number 2 there and CP0

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
oda isnt perfect lol

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

anime was right posted:

oda isnt perfect lol

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

anime was right posted:

oda isnt perfect lol

You mother fucker

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Jose posted:

he wanted the pirate armada on chapter 800. there were other ways it could have been dragged out though i mean there was an admiral and blackbeard number 2 there and CP0

then people would have complained about those elements being wasted.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Am I crazy or did cp0 do nothing? I don't remember them doing anything

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

AkumaHokoru posted:

then people would have complained about those elements being wasted.

they were barely used though. like all the rest of it that felt really slow reading in real time isn't an issue at all but the bird cage is.

the other really big problem with it is that it made dressrosa seem really small. This is supposed to be an island with multiple towns on it but it never looks like that

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

It's a shame the birdcage is a really lovely plot contrivance, because there's so much in Dressrosa that's amazing. Now that it's all been released in colour, I would really recommend reading it again, it's super long, but it's still excellent One Piece.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

anime was right posted:

oda isnt perfect lol

Only his love for big boobs is perfect.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i always thought birdcage was fine if only it was limited to a faradays cage and didn't move. it could be explained by doffy living there for so long that he kept storing his string powers or w/e into that island to do that ala tsunade's forehead mark. but then it started moving in and the strongest fuckers couldn't do poo poo against it. that was just bad!

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

The fact that an admiral that can summon loving meteors couldn't touch the birdcage is loving dumb

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Angry Lobster posted:

:great:

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Angry Lobster posted:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

the fact that if dofy was just outside the birdcage he'd autowin is loving dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Zoro not being able to cut it was the biggest BS. Like, part of his mantra when he's dicing up Pica is "there is nothing I cannot cut" :shrug: