Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Serf posted:

i feel bad about tonight, but that is probably mostly because my cat is sick and he's not getting better

RIP your dead cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Serf posted:

i feel bad about tonight, but that is probably mostly because my cat is sick and he's not getting better
e: gently caress not THAT sad emoji, I want the genuinely sad one!

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

it was fun to panic for an hour before all then needles went full dem
i drank a lot of beer

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

triple sulk posted:

FAS

you have two choices

hakstol out

mccaskill out

it's time 2 choose

*without skipping a beat* mccaskill

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1060002442023190529

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Troy Queef posted:

https://twitter.com/kmoxnews/status/1059992426092339202

(2 was generally regarded as the best/strongest of the questions on offer: 3 was the one where all pot decisions would be controlled by one Springfield-based doctor/lawyer)

Hey, the Bradshaw Amendment is the most hilarious get rich scheme I have seen in awhile

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
ABC is calling this a victory for democracy because there seems to be no widespread hacking or influence on voting through social media

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

SKULL.GIF posted:

as I've said a few times before, if we weren't sitting on top of a bomb with its fuse ignited, then we could eventually shake off the wave of fascism. But the fascism conjoins with that bomb, the longer we take to shake it off, the more likely we're going to see billiondeath in a few decades
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgBViHeiSKM&t=80s

welcome to the club

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Serf posted:

Sorry to hear that, man

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Clawtopsy posted:

on a scale of 1-10, how much panic! is needed rn

how much trump have you consumed?

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

Rah! posted:

same but burping

hell yeah

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

lol voting doesn't matter

the fascists have made it clear that they're coming for everyone else, they'll hold onto any power they have even if it means rallying old dumb racists to shoot kids on the border

cnn will "both sides" it

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Serf posted:

im sorry man that sucks. if you think it could help ill come over and shout blue wave at your car

Wrenever
Jul 22, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

it is actually fairly annoying to me that I keep ending up on the optimism side frequently because I'm actually looking at how people are reacting and the situation instead of going "LOL HELLWORLD" like a flailing retard, because I firmly believe that we are headed for an absolutely huge fuckup if we don't instantly fix what we're doing (economically and ecologically speaking, that is) -- because I'm looking at the situation instead of going "nah it's all good" or "nah it's all awful" reflexively

as I've said a few times before, if we weren't sitting on top of a bomb with its fuse ignited, then we could eventually shake off the wave of fascism. But the fascism conjoins with that bomb, the longer we take to shake it off, the more likely we're going to see billiondeath in a few decades

The issue is that you have 1/300 millionth of a say in how this all goes specifically, and one in a few billion in general. If you make millions a year or really push yourself socially to effect others you can add a multiplier to that number but social pressures are working against you. So don't put the world on your shoulders and just act in a way you think will move yourself and the people around you in a positive direction.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

euphronius posted:

also looks like that national polls were right like in 2016

so that’s good

it turns out polling and voting are both very easy unless you want to ruin them on purpose

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Are we getting a blue wave?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Listening to Liz Bruening talk about Star Wars on Twitch HandsUp

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

god damnit i want to enjoy this in the moment if things are actually good but they're probably really bad because this country is A gently caress

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

Mr Hootington posted:

how much trump have you consumed?

at least ten times the recommended dose

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Lastgirl posted:

nothing of value was lost

god it's so great. i don't even care that hawley is scott walker's little failed clone brother. i'm hootin n hollerin

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Nichael posted:

I don't really understand how Bryce loses by that much, while Beto maybe wins. Both seem like actual humans, and I'd think authenticity would work across the board.

They nailed Bryce pretty hard on being an actual dirtbag. That doesn't play well in the suburbs.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/ZerlinaMaxwell/status/1060000098199973888

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

where are all these up to date maps at the nyt one is like a million percents behind

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

We're winning our friend Georgia 6 by 64 votes out of about 80,000

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

pathetic little tramp posted:

lol, literally winning 55% to 45% and only having a 4 seat majority in the house

democracy's workin fine fellas!

It’s a Republic :smug:

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

a smaller one than expected, but yea, kinda

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
how is abrams looking?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Serf posted:

I'm sorry. I hope he does better.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1060002442023190529

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Apraxin posted:

Tired: freaking out about the swings on 538's projection model.

Wired: IT'S BACK BITCHES

so you got a blue wave

+9.5 in PV and you -lose- seats in the upper chamber and barely gain a majority in the lower chamber

greatest democracy in the world

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin

Nichael posted:

I don't really understand how Bryce loses by that much, while Beto maybe wins. Both seem like actual humans, and I'd think authenticity would work across the board.

beto looks like an overachiever, ironstache looks like an underachiever

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

I’m very happy we are losing the terrible dem senators

too bad feinstein's being re-elected because de leon decided to sit on his rear end

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
sounds like there are people who are actually surprised that the united states of america is garbage??

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Max Rose is gonna win

my buddy ran his primary campaign

he's bad and succ as hell but it's a Democrat pickup in... an already thoroughly democratic state WHATEVER

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvnYmWpD_T8&t=70s

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Guy Goodbody posted:

no

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

Serf posted:

I hope your cat feels better soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
colorado continues to own

:co: