Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Rhyno posted:

Seriously.

Like, Norah's being such a poo poo that she's going to drive Barry and Iris apart.

I mean, she's got good reason to be mad at her mom, but she needs to make some allowance for the fact that this version of her mom hasn't done anything yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Why does Cicada have a giant, yellow, metal pipes running through his living room?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

nooneofconsequence posted:

Why does Cicada have a giant, yellow, metal pipes running through his living room?

Some previous self-appointed handyman owner thought "this'll look better if we open up the area between the living room and kitchen" and cut through a support beam?

Over the rest of the season we'll see cracks start to form in the cieling, then it all collapses in the finale.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
This house is bitchin

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Nora rapidly went from refreshing to annoying. Can't wait for an entire season of anachronistic retro-future angst!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So the implication is Cicada's mask is the item fused with dark energy?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

So the implication is Cicada's mask is the item fused with dark energy?

No, the satellite fragment that speared him was infused and passed it on to him. The respirator is just a normal respirator he uses as a disguise, but it makes his labored breathing distinctive.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
Mrs. Hobo and I had noticed that nearly every time Joe appeared in an episode this season, he was sitting on a couch, usually shot at a slightly odd angle, to the point where it seemed suspicious. I wondered if there was a plot reason for it, or if it was a real-life reason. I guess that's one mystery solved.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bruceski posted:

No, the satellite fragment that speared him was infused and passed it on to him. The respirator is just a normal respirator he uses as a disguise, but it makes his labored breathing distinctive.

you see the metal spike sort of absorb powers when people get close to it, I wonder if he can stab himself with it afterward and gain some of their ability, or was that wound just from his initial accident? if there was a scene devoted to that I missed it.

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

bring back old gbs posted:

you see the metal spike sort of absorb powers when people get close to it, I wonder if he can stab himself with it afterward and gain some of their ability, or was that wound just from his initial accident? if there was a scene devoted to that I missed it.

I'm guessing the fragment still inside him is linked with the "knife" he uses

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Phenotype posted:

I mean, she's got good reason to be mad at her mom, but she needs to make some allowance for the fact that this version of her mom hasn't done anything yet.

But then again, when confronted with this information, Iris’s response was “Yup, that’s totally something I would do!”

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Best moment: "I going to make you a banana."

Also, Barry's softballs skills.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
In the comics, Bart Allen (Barry & Iris' descendant) was born with his speed powers already active and out of control. Basically he was stuck in hyper-speed mode and was going to age to death in a couple years. Eventually Bart's desperate parents sent him back in time to when Barry & Wally were still around, hoping another speedster could help him.

I'm wondering if XS is going to get part of that same backstory, where her powers showed up too early, and the power-dampening chip was implanted because the alternative was her dying of old age by her third birthday. Maybe Barry could have helped in the future, except baby Nora was still too young to get training from him before he disappeared.

And Nora just running off to the past as soon as she learned of the chip, without letting future-Iris explain, sounds like the kind of explanation that fits.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Robot Hobo posted:

In the comics, Bart Allen (Barry & Iris' descendant) was born with his speed powers already active and out of control. Basically he was stuck in hyper-speed mode and was going to age to death in a couple years. Eventually Bart's desperate parents sent him back in time to when Barry & Wally were still around, hoping another speedster could help him.

I'm wondering if XS is going to get part of that same backstory, where her powers showed up too early, and the power-dampening chip was implanted because the alternative was her dying of old age by her third birthday. Maybe Barry could have helped in the future, except baby Nora was still too young to get training from him before he disappeared.

And Nora just running off to the past as soon as she learned of the chip, without letting future-Iris explain, sounds like the kind of explanation that fits.

Well she said she found the chip 6 months ago so Future Iris had ample time to explain herself before XS left for the past but apparently didn't.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

TwoPair posted:

Well she said she found the chip 6 months ago so Future Iris had ample time to explain herself before XS left for the past but apparently didn't.

Unless XS didn't bother asking Future Iris and just went straight to training herself.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
XSive behaviour is common problem for the Flash.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Nora gets powers and almost immediately starts loving up time. Truly her father's daughter.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

How did she learn time tarvel before arm spinnies?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

LongDarkNight posted:

Nora gets powers and almost immediately starts loving up time. Truly her father's daughter.

Is it bad that I find this endearing?? :3:

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

Koalas Massacre posted:

Is it bad that I find this endearing?? :3:

Nope, it’s the best part!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

How did she learn time tarvel before arm spinnies?

Alternate versions of Thawne, Zoom, taught her?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If you just run fast enough you travel through time, it isn't exactly a skill.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
I think it makes perfect sense for a widowed parent to try and keep their kid away from whatever took the spouse away. Also, imagine raising a toddler with super speed as a single parent.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler
Iris did nothing wrong.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I think it's an intriguing storyline and honestly doesn't fall into the usual "one side is clearly being super dumb" pitfalls the show usually falls into. Iris could have any of a dozen reasons (including a bunch listed IIT) for not wanting her young daughter to know she has super speed after her speedster father disappears, and Nora also has a very valid reason for reacting to this news super poorly and escaping to the past to spend time with a father she's never known rather than stay and work it out with her mother.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Davros1 posted:

Alternate versions of Thawne, Zoom, taught her?

I could totally see Thawne coming up to Nora and being all "hey kid, wanna know the truth about yourself?" just to gently caress with Barry. The show does seem to be making a deal out of who told IrisNora (gently caress me, I keep doing that) the truth and suggested she go back in time to see Barry.

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 2, 2018

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler
I think that's where they're going with the awkward exchange Sherloque and Nora had at the end of the second(?) episode. Someone in the future gave her the idea to go back in time and its probably a villain or someone else that Barry will not approve of.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
I also like that in some of the versions of the pronounciation of "Sherloque" it sounds like "sheer luck".

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

He's totally faking that accent, right?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I like that Ralph saw the resident evil film and i hope he saw them all

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Finally caught up with last week’s ep last night. It was pretty good.

Davros1 posted:

Best moment: "I going to make you a banana."

Also, Barry's softballs skills.

Same :allears: I love how comically awful both Iris and Barry are at actually being adults, it’s great. I was also pleasantly surprised by Sherloque manning up and giving Ralph the credit he was due at the end of the episode and straight up going “I may have had the breakthrough, but I’d never figured it out if you didn’t start us in the right direction.” That was surprisingly mature, especially for Flash, and it did a lot to make this new Wells seem less like a one-dimensional gag and more like a character.

The accent is still dumb and spotty as poo poo though.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I liked the "You were right, I was...less right" line a lot

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I've just accepted that the accent is Tom just hamming it up as much as he wants because at this point, who cares?

Of course, since he's still a professional, he also makes the character likable.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

Guy A. Person posted:

I liked the "You were right, I was...less right" line a lot

I feel like they stole that directly from Megamind. It's a great line though.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Stupid election. I want my dumb comic book show.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Stupid election. I want my dumb comic book show.

I want my dumb comic book show to distract me from staring at election results all night

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Is Black Lightning taking the night off as well?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

The Lord Bude posted:

According to my TV, yes.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The Lord Bude posted:

Yes. I made a note of it last week when the preview said November 13, then promptly forgot and didn't tell anyone and sat down to enjoy it tonight. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Why can't you guys hold your elections on weekends like normal countries? Like what the hell was going through people's heads when they decided on Tuesday, instead of say Saturday?