Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

hello everyone I spent my mental health break campaigning to defeat Republican Peter King (and you know fighting crime and poo poo) and the challenger Liuba Gretchen-Shirley currently has a 600 vote lead And I am freaking out

anyway peace out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Smiling Jack posted:

hello everyone I spent my mental health break campaigning to defeat Republican Peter King (and you know fighting crime and poo poo) and the challenger Liuba Gretchen-Shirley currently has a 600 vote lead And I am freaking out

anyway peace out

:unsmith:

That's cool.

Don Dongington posted:

So is the issue here the incompetence, or the likelihood that the counts have probably been hosed with a lot?

Broward county is a Dem stronghold, I'm leaning towards technical fuckup/incompetence.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Considering the yokels are all pumped up about hating brown people in their 90%+ white podunk towns, don't think that's going to happen.

The countryside has been full of nothing but a backwards poo poo hole for thousands of years.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dems did well in Colorado. I'm greatly relieved given how vicious and disgusting the GOP positions and advertising were.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
hey in some really good news Shitbird Supression Artist Kris Kobach is getting told to gtfo of Kansas

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
ABC just called the house for the Dems so that's nice.

It's been a white knuckle fest til now with all the GOP strongholds reporting in first, but I guess our blue wave tide cometh?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Broke out the best liquor I have (Chivas 12, I'm poor) to celebrate the Dems not loving up.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I think I need to check out for the night. I realize what a big deal the house going to Democrat control will be, but Florida and Georgia are really eating at me and it's upsetting me more than it should.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
you shouldnt really celebrate

https://twitter.com/aabramson/status/1059826374976962560

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Godholio posted:

The country isn't divided into Far Left, Near Left, and the KKK.

Accurate. It’s left, middle (R), and KKK.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1060018809413734400

So Florida is still Florida, Democratic Senators got wiped out as semi-expected (except Manchin), and there are a ton of good-news stories.

Sure beats earlier today when the 538 Now-cast went to like 40% chance of a Democratic House.

gently caress Florida.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

is pelosi a loving plant

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

GO D DAMMIT gently caress OFF

do we have a drunk posting permission fir tonight

if not i humbly ask for one i just bought my drat av again today

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Don't be mean to plants. They at least make air for us to breathe instead of wasting it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

You know, normally I defend her for being able to whip votes and being a better speaker than Ryan was, but hearing this, gently caress that. It's time for a new speaker, get the gently caress out of the way Pelosi.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

She's really really really lovely.

Fallom posted:

is pelosi a loving plant

I've been thinking about this and if I were a chud type who wanted to influence the elections I would point to how abysmal the establishment dems are as proof that they're deep cover republicans.

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Nov 7, 2018

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Godholio posted:

The country isn't divided into Far Left, Near Left, and the KKK.

:popeye:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Pelosi is an establishment politician from a time long past.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
loving Florida.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Well, we're done with Midterms, get the popcorn for Mueller time.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I think I'm skipping Christmas with my extended family on my mom's side. This isn't going to be a big enough victory that they won't want to run their dipshit mouths.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Man of Christ, Matt is my spirit animal tonight

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Godholio posted:

Rome didn't (usually) burn down in a day. Maybe your family is too far gone, but not everybody is. "gently caress entire swaths of the electorate" is why the Democrats will probably not take full control of the federal government for 20+ years. They keep hanging their hats on issues like gun bans (the GA candidate calling AR15s weapons of mass destruction, etc) which just turns people away. It's Hilldawg putting coal miners out of work every drat time.

This is where the Democrats need to do some research and find places worth throwing grassroots efforts at. The country isn't divided into Far Left, Near Left, and the KKK.

lol

Yep all these mythical moderate conservatives.

e: oh and the candidate in GA is going to lose to massive and blatant voter suppression by her opponent not because she said mean things about a gun Jesus Christ :xd:

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Nov 7, 2018

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Well we have the House which means subpeona power, which will be fun to play with.

That and gerrymandering as much as we drat well can in 2020.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
So theres a good chance Connecticut is going the way of Massachusetts and electing a Republican Governor over a very liberal state. The night is early and our election infrasturcuture is terrible but with 40% reporting the Republicans have a 4% lead. Dan Malloy was in fact one of the worst succdems ever but its still indicative of how terrible a campaign his democratic replacement ran.

Also the independent candidate taking 4% of the vote.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

The fact that the hick fucks of Texas could vote for Cruz over O'Rourke is irredeemable.

This country has way too many loving hicks.

And my own Florida looking like it's voting for that racist piece of poo poo DeSantis!

Between North Carolina and Florida wish I could have grown up with family from places that aren't loving cesspools.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

The Iron Rose posted:

Well we have the House which means subpeona power, which will be fun to play with.

That and gerrymandering as much as we drat well can in 2020.

My friend have you heard the lords good word of Decorum
-Pelosi et al

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
on the bright side for Florida like 1.5m people will be getting the right to vote back

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Godholio posted:

Rome didn't (usually) burn down in a day. Maybe your family is too far gone, but not everybody is. "gently caress entire swaths of the electorate" is why the Democrats will probably not take full control of the federal government for 20+ years. They keep hanging their hats on issues like gun bans (the GA candidate calling AR15s weapons of mass destruction, etc) which just turns people away. It's Hilldawg putting coal miners out of work every drat time.

This is where the Democrats need to do some research and find places worth throwing grassroots efforts at. The country isn't divided into Far Left, Near Left, and the KKK.

hm, interesting take. what actually needs to happen is that the right in this country needs to be destroyed and marginalized through every strategy and means possible

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Proud Christian Mom posted:

on the bright side for Florida like 1.5m people will be getting the right to vote back

:hai:

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

hm, interesting take. what actually needs to happen is that the right in this country needs to be destroyed and marginalized through every strategy and means possible

:agreed:

Gerrymandering, voter suppression, whatever it takes to make the opinions of these worthless assholes irrelevant.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

:hmmyes:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Michigan:

- elected a lady Democrat who is feisty as gently caress and ran a populist campaign

- legalized weed

- got rid of partisan redistricting

- approved a slate of initiatives to make it easier to vote in general

Michigan: sometimes we don’t suck

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Michigan:

- elected a lady Democrat who is feisty as gently caress and ran a populist campaign

- legalized weed

- got rid of partisan redistricting

- approved a slate of initiatives to make it easier to vote in general

Michigan: sometimes we don’t suck

Super congrats. Gonna be happy to at least tell my family there that they did good.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
How you gonna suppress the right?

Election-day specials at the Golden Corrall?

THEY GONNA DIP OUT & VOTE DURING THE BBQ RIB RE-UP YOU FOOLS

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Colorado just elected the first openly gay male governor ever, so that's cool.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Yo.

Something's happening.

I mean

I don't know where the outstanding vote is located

but these numbers are real

https://twitter.com/LauraLitvan/status/1060025964908945409

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Mustang posted:

:agreed:

Gerrymandering, voter suppression, whatever it takes to make the opinions of these worthless assholes irrelevant.

Gerrymander the gently caress out of every state house Democrats take. Crank their poo poo up to 11, bend them over a barrel and rawdog them back with it no-lube style. Then when it's locked in place after 2020 extend the "olive branch" of "Yeah that sure sucks doesn't it mother fuckers? Tell you what, let's all pass laws so that next time around when we do the 2030 census we all have independent councils for redistricting, and we can bring civility back to this process we just dicked you over with OK?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
lol if you think that Republicans will negotiate in good faith, that bridge has long been burned