Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

triple sulk posted:

reelecting a literal nazi

what a loving joke

nice preview of the 2020 election thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
so im not an american is this good or bad? dems won the house but this thread is pretty dark rn is it because they didnt thrash the republicans?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Typo posted:

to put things in perspective serf, the current popular vote margin exceeds Obama's winning margin in 2008 (7.5)

it's just that the system is basically rigged so the vote of average old white person matters way more than anyone else by virtue of where they live

we need leaders who actually want to say that the system is rigged :smugdon:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Montasque posted:

Where are you guys getting your election numbers? The New York times is awful this election.

cspam, its a hell of a ride but it just takes enough critical thinking to lol at nate silver

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

RandomBlue posted:

gently caress off with this poo poo.

uhhhh it's true

the market is teetering on collapse and tech is not doing well

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Trump is 100% winning in 2020 if he runs.

Lol if

Yeah Superman Mueller gonna take him down, ripped abs glistening as he slaps the cuffs on him

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

maybe I'm about to get owned getting my hopes up but most of the counties still processing early and absentee ballots are blue as gently caress and Abrams is only down 3 points

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Ages posted:

nice preview of the 2020 election thread

thanks

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

kaleedity posted:

actual universal healthcare is very close to 50-50, edging higher in actual vote counts and lower in important vote counts. among white voters it's ~30-35 for and ~70-65 against it.

literally no surprise here but still what's the source?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

with a dem house get ready for the republicans to become even more outspoken in their hatred for democratic institutions

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Xaris posted:

i still dont see really much progress, and just a trial run for fine-tuning voter suppression and literally outright rigging in 2020. like even with anyones riled up and hates trump and all have gone out to vote this time, there isnt going to be a much greater anti gop turnout in 2020 and whatever there is gunna be rejected and deleted from lists, voting machines owned by gop-donating corps, etc

and then we got the 2020 census, thats gunna be fun as hell

yea thats when poo poo gets lit

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Typo posted:

by 2040 70% of Americans will live in 15 states

guess who's left to vote for the remaining 70% of senators
this is correct

midwest and poo poo are all seriously undergoing massive migration out to the few good states leaving behind even more concentrated olde chud power. what used to be possibly purple or even blue with strong union backing and stuff are gone now. there's not much of a path forward to have a senate majority

Serf
May 5, 2011

kaleedity posted:

actual universal healthcare is very close to 50-50, edging higher in actual vote counts and lower in important vote counts. among white voters it's ~30-35 for and ~70-65 against it.

sounds good to me!

as material conditions continue to deteriorate, people are gonna get more excited about things like jobs programs and uhc

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

the economy is mostly a bunch of wealthy people lying and breaking the law lmao as soon as whenever anyone wants that to stop it can fall to pieces

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

triple sulk posted:

gently caress you iowa

i too hate my state

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Nichael posted:

no. he will successfully paint the democrats as "obstructionists" and when there is a recession, he will successfully blame them, and coast to 2020 victory.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

triple sulk posted:

reelecting a literal nazi

what a loving joke

Yeah, I left that out of my Beto, Abrams, Gillum meltdown but that was on my mind as well.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Slugnoid posted:

so im not an american is this good or bad? dems won the house but this thread is pretty dark rn is it because they didnt thrash the republicans?

it's good but overall our trajectory is grim

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Slugnoid posted:

It was going to be bad even if the Dems won 10 Senate seats and 150 House seats. America is hosed up

Serf
May 5, 2011

i mean who doesn't want the economy to crash? cowards? the only way we're gonna get poo poo done is by through chaos

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Slugnoid posted:

house of representatives and state houses had some pretty good results that went a ways to rolling back the obama admin massacres of dems outside teh executive

senate was on the bad end of the outcome spectrum but its not materially a lot worse than the status quo. people will pay a lot less attention to fuckbrains like manchin now at least.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Slugnoid posted:

(Future) House leader is already reaching her hand out to Republicans

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Slugnoid posted:

right, they basically have some power of obstruction now, unclear if they'll use it; not much else tho

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

TRUMP!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

RandomBlue posted:

gently caress off with what? The indicators have been terrible for months, we're entering a recession, and you think the Republicans are just going to sail into 2020 with a strong economy?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

triple sulk posted:

uhhhh it's true

the market is teetering on collapse and tech is not doing well

And dems taking the house is going to send it over the edge because....?

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
abolish the senate and/or combine the midwest into a single state

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
like it wasnt the overheated BLUE TEXAS OMG outcome, and thats a shame

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I officially declare this the “drunken brawl” phase of the evening, where we take our anger against the system out on each other

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Slugnoid posted:

thanks to impending ecological collapse it ultimately doesn't matter

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Nonsense posted:

The economy will not survive Dems in the House mang, tech is faltering, and banks, seen as impervious under Donny are making GBS threads bricks tonight.

eh futures are up

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

somebody wake up logikv9 and tell him the election's over now

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

Sununu wins governor, but dems flipped both chambers in NH tonight

oh thank gently caress

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

though King represents the most rural part of the state so it's honestly not much of a surprise. it's all towns with ~100-300 population

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I wonder what awful poo poo the Republicans are going to pass between tomorrow and January.

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

was michigan the only state that got legal weed tonight or were there more?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

RandomBlue posted:

idk what you're objecting to

we're on the brink of a major bear market

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
http://mixlr.com/plinkey/ let me know if this works

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
how are state houses looking? I'm guessing most of the worst states wont fix their gerrymandered districts, but will some be able to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Xaris posted:

this is correct

midwest and poo poo are all seriously undergoing massive migration out to the few good states leaving behind even more concentrated olde chud power. what used to be possibly purple or even blue with strong union backing and stuff are gone now. there's not much of a path forward to have a senate majority

idk I think the American electoral system is near breaking point

it's only by sheer chance that we basically have back-and forth wave elections that gives the democrats control over the legislature once in a while

once the senate shifts even more being "old white christian voters decide" legislative chamber I really wonder what's gonna happen when the republicans hold the senate against a +10 blue wave in a presidential year