Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tight booty shorts
Nov 7, 2018

by R. Guyovich

weekly font posted:

It was only ten years ago but I absolutely can not fathom how Obama

1) had a supermajority
2) did jack poo poo with it

obungler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Modern iteration of Franklin Pierce.

I wish history would last long enough for Obama to get lambasted like Pierce did

Remember, 22 years

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Who'd have guessed some people would get mad tonight?

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
also keep in mind the composition of the senate is determined by 750,000 living in ND and 1,000,000 in MT, while 40 mil in California don't matter

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

:stare:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Evers down by 775 votes

Your vote matters

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

god i hope rohrabacher loses

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Dolash posted:

I guess I'm mostly just relieved that war with Iran just got a lot harder in a world where Trump has to pass a declaration of war through a Democratic House.

lmao

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

weekly font posted:

It was only ten years ago but I absolutely can not fathom how Obama

1) had a supermajority
2) did jack poo poo with it

Decorum and Joe Lieberman

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

ScrubLeague posted:

we're gonna be at war with the first country trump thinks of the second he can get rid of mattis
you mean the first country john bolton thinks of

and the answer is Iran

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
California Ballot Measure Status

Prop 7: Start the process of ending DST time changes

Prop 8: A "yes" vote supported requiring dialysis clinics to issue refunds to patients or patients' payers for revenue above 115 percent of the costs of direct patient care and healthcare improvements. So the industry spent $100 million + against it, which evidently worked.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

RandomBlue posted:

Who'd have guessed some people would get mad tonight?

two can play this game

*ahem*

you sound real mad about that :kiddo:

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Looks like Collins & Hunter won re-election? Guess indictments are endorsements.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Typo posted:

montana isn't too bad either electorally, it's only 1 million if 400,000 californians move there it prob flips the state lol

one of my cities major issues is that people move in for police/fire fighter training then immediatly move down to denver the moment they're done lmao

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Dolash posted:

I guess I'm mostly just relieved that war with Iran just got a lot harder in a world where Trump has to pass a declaration of war through a Democratic House.

Dems will trade war in Iran for a verbal promise and then act shocked when they get hosed in the rear end yet again by the rear end loving party.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

hoiuston dsa won 3/3 of our candidates but lol @ electoralism on a national/state scale

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

*spends two years requesting Trump's tax returns while he goes 'nah'*

"Oh poo poo, we forgot to campaign!"

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Random blue, I think the dems suck and the republicans suck. Of course I will always favor the dems if forced to chose, I’m not a monster, but I’m just saying, doesn’t america deserve better than the Democratic Party that we have right now? Don’t they also suck?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Trump only needs consultation and mediation from the Senate, to go to war. The House will not vote against troop funding for their food, pay and body armor

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Lastgirl posted:

two can play this game

*ahem*

you sound real mad about that :kiddo:

Yeah, that's what I was saying I think. I probably need more tequila to figure this all out.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Cunningham up 8k votes with the rest of Charleston coming in. Don't think there is enough vote in Beaufort (Hilton Head island) to change the results.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

sullat posted:

Looks like Collins & Hunter won re-election? Guess indictments are endorsements.

pretty much the entire population of San Diego is Walter White's rear end in a top hat cop brother in law, so im unsurprised Hunter won

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

sullat posted:

Hillary 2020

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

RedQueen posted:

Prop 8: A "yes" vote supported requiring dialysis clinics to issue refunds to patients or patients' payers for revenue above 115 percent of the costs of direct patient care and healthcare improvements. So the industry spent $100 million + against it, which evidently worked.

californians go full on braindead when you ask them to support any sort of medical/pharma price control and its loving insane

we had a drug price control last time and it failed as well. its incredible anyone is fine with davita and poo poo makign 30000% profits

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh hey look at that Jon Tester's race has closed a bunch.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
i'm still celebrating mccaskill getting owned. see ya dipshit, now maybe we can rustle up a pro-labor dem to replace scott walker jr. when his term is up

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Okay so I've been doing some thinking about how hosed the Senate is and I always hear this argument from chuds that we must have the senate so that land is allowed to vote.

So, I could probably find more recent data, but I decided to look up how much agricultural output there is per state and it turns out at least in 2004 in America we produced about 241,241,404,000 dollars worth of ag.

I decided to expand the senate to 200 members and then I multiplied % of total us ag output by 200:

code:
California	26
Texas	14
Iowa	12
Nebraska	10
Minnesota	8
Illinois	8
Kansas	8
North Carolina	7
Wisconsin	6
Florida	6
Arkansas	5
Georgia	5
Indiana	5
Washington	5
Missouri	5
Colorado	5
Ohio	5
Oklahoma	4
South Dakota	4
Pennsylvania	4
Idaho	4
Michigan	4
Kentucky	3
Alabama	3
North Dakota	3
Mississippi	3
Oregon	3
New York	3
Arizona	3
Virginia	2
New Mexico	2
Tennessee	2
Montana	2
Louisiana	2
South Carolina	2
Maryland	1
Utah	1
Wyoming	1
Delaware	1
New Jersey	1
Vermont 1
Maine, Hawai'i, Connecticut, Nevada, West Virginia, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Alaska don't make enough for us to care about.

If you want a 100 member senate, just divide poo poo by 2.

But I gotta say, I'll agree with the chuds and I'm okay with the senate working this way.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
UR ALL MAD!!!!!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

RandomBlue posted:

Yeah, that's what I was saying I think. I probably need more tequila to figure this all out.

and how do you feel about using tequila as a crutch :crossarms: *scribbles in notepad*

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

for better or for worse this looks as good as a setup for beto 2020 as i can imagine

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

shovelbum posted:

When was the last time anyone declared a war what are you smoking it's been almost 80 years

Congress passed authorization for the invasion of Iraq in 2002. If Trump wants to try and make it a War on Terror war to avoid Congress it'll be an openly partisan military campaign from the start and I have no idea how that'll shake out.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Dolash posted:

Lol, which party is against war with Iran? The Green party, right? How many seats do they have?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Al! posted:

UR ALL MAD!!!!!

im merely vexed, sir

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Georgia dude blatantly rigged the election and no one will give a poo poo about it in a week.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

RedQueen posted:

I'm going to scream if 10 loses

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Fuligin posted:

for better or for worse this looks as good as a setup for beto 2020 as i can imagine

Running the guy who lost to Cruz against the guy who beat Cruz does sound very Dem, yeah.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

tacodaemon posted:

maybe you need to google such terms as "blanche lincoln", "ben nelson", and "max baucus"

cornhusker kickback

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Fuligin posted:

:allears:

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
california ballot measure results are dumb as poo poo as usual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Fuligin posted:

barf