Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there be a poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 125 49.02%
No 130 50.98%
Total: 255 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Plutos a focused and masterful retelling of an astroboy story that elevates the source, but billy bat has its hands in everything, it wanders and meanders and explores its themes which is the important part of being an opus/epic i think.

Its an epic cause it has a lot to say about a lot of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
sharky do you have any thoughts on 6th gen spongebob squarepants video games

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The Colonel posted:

sharky do you have any thoughts on 6th gen spongebob squarepants video games

I love battle for bikini bottom but my favorite spongebob game is really the pc exclusive adventure game relewsed super early in the shows run, employee of the month.

Its a super imaginative expansion of the world and you see a lot of the town and the humor of the show.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sharkopath posted:

I love battle for bikini bottom but my favorite spongebob game is really the pc exclusive adventure game relewsed super early in the shows run, employee of the month.

Its a super imaginative expansion of the world and you see a lot of the town and the humor of the show.

i think they reused the engine for that game for the pc releases of battle for bikini bottom and the movie game because those are point & clicks that are completely different from the 3d platformer console releases lol

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Sharkopath posted:

the pc exclusive adventure game relewsed super early in the shows run, employee of the month.

this is the second time someone in this thread has mentioned an old PC game i prob played way too much as a kid

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

this is the second time someone in this thread has mentioned an old PC game i prob played way too much as a kid

I think its the first game i reslly really beat by myself, so i ended up going through it at least 10 times , full of pride.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the first computer game i beat was oregon trail 3. i loaded a save that was right before the end, saw the ending and then ate a victory brownie to celebrate

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

The Colonel posted:

the first computer game i beat was oregon trail 3. i loaded a save that was right before the end, saw the ending and then ate a victory brownie to celebrate

The Colonel, King of Video Games.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
anyway i ask about spongebob games cause i thought about creature from the krusty krab recently as it's the only spongebob game i played a lot of that wasn't lights camera pants and unfortunately on revisiting it i found out the game is less surreal than i remember and more just kind of boring

it's less unplayable when you're not an 8 year old trying to learn motion controls for turning winches though

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Sharkopath posted:

I think its the first game i reslly really beat by myself, so i ended up going through it at least 10 times , full of pride.

The Colonel posted:

hell yeah at these

I played a lot of humongous entertainment games and other assorted stuff, mostly all edutainment until I got a gba with pokemon

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Expect My Mom posted:

hell yeah at these

I played a lot of humongous entertainment games and other assorted stuff, mostly all edutainment until I got a gba with pokemon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch5YLoCRlms

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
wait I also had like some jimmy neutron games that were probably not good but they were weird 3d "open worlds" that I spent a lot of time dicking around in and trying to clip through the geometry

This thread is now only for young'uns

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the only jimmy neutron game i had was the gba game for the movie

it's probably the ugliest game i've ever played

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
lmao jesus christ

The moon one was so loving weird. It felt weirder tho when those games had more production values

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

The Colonel posted:

the only jimmy neutron game i had was the gba game for the movie

it's probably the ugliest game i've ever played
lol I was playing the PC version and the models were ugly there too.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Expect My Mom posted:

lmao jesus christ

The moon one was so loving weird. It felt weirder tho when those games had more production values

i think pajama sam 2 is the only game that opens with a talking piece of broccoli asking you if you're a political prisoner

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the first pajama sam kinda scared me but probably because I played it in the dark when my parents went to bed but thats what that whole game was about really

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This is Don't Hug Me I'm Scared levels of potential body horror

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9FGgwCQ22w

(It's also coming back for a new season)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkFpNVxzhTs

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
anyway i'm going to give some respect to a wild card that doesn't get the rep it deserves

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Colonel posted:

anyway i'm going to give some respect to a wild card that doesn't get the rep it deserves

PA-CHOO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz9f2HQZ85s

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

The Colonel posted:

Pretty sure the first computer game I beat was JumpStart Adventures 3rd Grade: Mystery Mountain, which was about a robot trying to save a bunch of his robot pals via playing a bunch of games. It had a really unique aesthetic for the time, and dor an Edutainment game, it was actually really fun. There's a reason Jumpstart never changed the 3rd grade version, whereas they changed the other grade versions fairly frequently.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
The first game I beat as a kid was Norton DiskDoctor. I could tell I won cause the computer went black...

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://youtu.be/OgBFwuSQzS8

Feels appropriate for the moment.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The first game I beat was one of the Ocean Robocop games, it had that title music everyone knows.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I think for me it was Mean Bean Machine, because the later stages of Sonic 2 and Quackshot were a bit tough for six year old Kirbo

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Every time billy bat gets brought up I refuse to read it because it was still ongoing. I haven't thought abut it in a long time, can I finally read it?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Meme Emulator posted:

Every time billy bat gets brought up I refuse to read it because it was still ongoing. I haven't thought abut it in a long time, can I finally read it?

Yes.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Can any of us really read anything.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
:3:

https://twitter.com/_kimitty_/status/1060146041519976448

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Never be caught with anything imo

Reading weekly or monthly is for suckers

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Julias posted:

https://youtu.be/OgBFwuSQzS8

Feels appropriate for the moment.

Thanks for reminding me that I watched the first two episodes of Concrete Revolutio, liked it a lot, and then completely forgot to watch the rest.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

Never be caught with anything imo

Reading weekly or monthly is for suckers

The defeatist stance of the coward!!!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Charge in blindly on somehting that has like 3 chapters, thats how you find the good poo poo before anybody else

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Sharkopath posted:

Charge in blindly on somehting that has like 3 chapters, thats how you find the good poo poo before anybody else
you are the brave manga pioneers, exploring the untamed west for the first time, the infinite possibilities palpable on your tongue and I'm the dirty outlaw coming to take and plunder what's already somebody else's

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i started replaying ace combat 3 and i forgot that like every news report at the beginning of the game is people saying "now that two massive megacorporations have literally destroyed the world's concept of countries and politics we are all hosed. in what ways are we hosed and why can't this be fixed? more at 11"

ace combat 3 is a heavy mood game

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Nov 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Sharkopath posted:

This and read fresh raws from the newest magazines so you can find stuff like Switch and Bottom King (lol) before everyone else.