Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Yes they did it was after the first Bowman gray show.. I think it was called madhouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Madhouse

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MadHouse_(TV_series)

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

tater_salad posted:

yeah I mean I watched the pilot show they did like what 3-7 years ago? and it was cool enough, they talk about their setup a little etc. After the show progressed it started to get drama levels of street outlaws which is stupid. I didn't get a chance to watch last night since I'm an old and it's past my bedtime. I'm :filez: ing it right now (althoguth it's probably avaliable on discovery on demand on my laptop) and it'll be something to put noise in my ear when I'm cooking or doing mundane tasks while working from home.

From everything I've ever heard about that track, honestly the drama seems low.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/1060186498048225280?s=19

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Was his car dangerously cheesy?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Well jeez

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
lmao

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

lol

Something to do with his spoiler being modified. Good, gently caress em. I don't hate Harvick, but I'm sick of this cheating bullshit being so common in the series. I want NASCAR to bring the loving hammer down, disqualify these teams every single time they catch someone stepping slightly outside the rules.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

But...but...he took a selfie with that kid!

More seriously, "Harvick now goes into Phoenix only three points above the cutline."
"Harvick now goes into Phoenix"
"Harvick goes into Phoenix"
"Harvick Phoenix".

He's gonna win his way back in.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

CBJSprague24 posted:

More seriously, "Harvick now goes into Phoenix only three points above the cutline."
"Harvick now goes into Phoenix"
"Harvick goes into Phoenix"
"Harvick Phoenix".

He's gonna win his way back in.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Good day to be a Kyle fan

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Every day is a good day to be a Kyle fan.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I will laugh if:

-Harvick wins Phoenix
-Kyle crashes
-Kyle is out at Miami

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Reynold posted:

lol

Something to do with his spoiler being modified. Good, gently caress em. I don't hate Harvick, but I'm sick of this cheating bullshit being so common in the series. I want NASCAR to bring the loving hammer down, disqualify these teams every single time they catch someone stepping slightly outside the rules.

So what happens when they cheat at Homestead

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

WindyMan posted:

NASCAR does nothing because they're scared of the embarrassment that comes with it

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'm waiting for MTJ to right-rear Joey at Homestead, collecting Kevin and Kyle in the process.

Speaking of, MTJ to the 19 is done. Suarez rumored to SHR.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Could you imagine the backlash if someone won NASCARs top championship who wasn't the proper best winner?

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm waiting for MTJ to right-rear Joey at Homestead, collecting Kevin and Kyle in the process.

Kenseth and Truex take turns wrecking Logano every lap. Turns out that's why he came out of retirement.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
It's hilarious that MTJ has no problem flat out saying he will dump someone in retaliation, but he won't do it to win a race

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

WindyMan posted:

I don't see how that's any different, disqualified from the race, huge fines, points revoked, championship goes to the next dude in line who didn't cheat to get there. I want to watch people race, not a handful of douchebags stomp the field because they're not obeying the rules everyone is expected to go by. Hell, make the team ineligible for the championship the following season if that's what it takes to stop the rampant disregard for the rules NASCAR has failed to address. Every racing series has rule benders and outright cheaters, but you slap them down when you find them, not let things slide for so long that teams straight up won't make their car legal enough get through pre-qualifying inspections and they're throwing a half dozen crew and car chiefs out every month. NASCAR needs to clean house, and badly.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Cheating, in my NASCAR?!

I love how everyone high fives about Yunick but when someone current cheats BAH GAWD I WANT HONEST RACIN'

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

wtf is yunick

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Reynold posted:

wtf is yunick

The master.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

mischief posted:

Cheating, in my NASCAR?!

I love how everyone high fives about Yunick but when someone current cheats BAH GAWD I WANT HONEST RACIN'

I think the difference is Yunick was all "Well, you never said I COULDN'T do that."

He's the the reason rulebooks tend to grow a mile long.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

iospace posted:

The master.
Every motorsports fan should read Best drat Garage in Town.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

I think Dirt Knights is what I was thinking of, though I think I watched it on YouTube

lol suck it Harvick

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

At a glance, he sounds like a folksy "aw, shucks" cheater to me, idgi. There's a difference between pushing the boundaries of the rules and operating in grey areas until the officials catch on and stop you, writing new regulation in the process, and straight up cheating by knowingly going against the rules and doing things you're not allowed to do. drat near everybody in NASCAR cheats constantly, it seems. When race winners are found to be cheating to get there, it cheapens the sport. Like I said before, I wanna see competition on the track, without it NASCAR has nothing to offer over any other series.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The problem is that the punishment for cheating is barely a deterrent. Start eliminating people from the playoffs and I'm sure you'll see less of it.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

And or... Remove their win and penalize.
So you get a dnf for cheating and then you get penalty points on top.. if you are in the "playoff for the chase for the Winston cup stage one winners circle" you lose any of those points you accumulated for that race and then some.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

tater_salad posted:

And or... Remove their win and penalize.
So you get a dnf for cheating and then you get penalty points on top.. if you are in the "playoff for the chase for the Winston cup stage one winners circle" you lose any of those points you accumulated for that race and then some.

Yeah that was a pretty ballsy move to pull some spoiler cheating poo poo 2 races before the championship. That's a good way to get bumped out. Unless it is some poo poo they've been doing all season and somebody finally caught on which is why they thought they'd just get away with it.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

bigbillystyle posted:

Yeah that was a pretty ballsy move to pull some spoiler cheating poo poo 2 races before the championship. That's a good way to get bumped out. Unless it is some poo poo they've been doing all season and somebody finally caught on which is why they thought they'd just get away with it.

I think it at this point it may be safe to assume that everyone has been doing it, and winning a NASCAR race is less about driver skill and more about which team can get away with more without crossing the line.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

WindyMan posted:

I think it at this point it may be safe to assume that everyone has been doing it, and winning a NASCAR race is less about driver skill and more about which team can get away with more without crossing the line.

That is pretty much what I figure for every team that gets caught doing something like that. They just hosed up hiding it once and got caught. Unless it is some stupid poo poo like putting jet fuel in like Waltrip did so many years ago. Or I think it was Harvick's team when he was with the #29 before qualifying put a stopper in the fuel filler hose, that runs from the body to the fuel cell, and then filled the (clear) fuel hose to make it appear they had a full tank so they could qualify with less fuel weight in the car but when they got put through tech post qualifying the officials thought it was pretty interesting that it then appeared they had not burned a gallon of fuel during qualifying as the tube was still full of fuel.

E: I couldn't find the details of it but found it was the UAW 400 in Vegas in 2005 for the Harvick thing.

E: from Jayski: • $25,000.00 fine and suspension from NASCAR until April 20, 2005 and suspension from the next four (4) NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series races for crew chief Todd Berrier.
The Appellants acknowledged that the sealed-off filler and the plug inserted in the vent line were deliberate rules violations, but appealed the severity of the penalties

http://www.jayski.com/pages/penalties2005.htm

bigbillystyle fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Nov 8, 2018

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Nobody that's winning in pretty much any series isn't cheating.

:discourse:

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

mischief posted:

Nobody that's winning in pretty much any series isn't cheating.

:discourse:

Do you want the current NASCAR product? Because this is how you get the current NASCAR product.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'd rank teams cheating pretty far down on the list for why NASCAR is the way it is right now. poo poo like disparity in resources, the schedule, and the mind-bogglingly stupid rules that get trotted out every other week are far more egregious.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Reynold posted:

Do you want the current NASCAR product? Because this is how you get the current NASCAR product.

What is your ideal NASCAR product and when did it happen? Because what they're putting on the track right now is pretty impressive compared to what it's been for a long loving time.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Yeah tbh the back half of this year has been mostly really good racing

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Reynold posted:

I think you're off here. Cheating is racing. From go-karts to late models to modifieds to Cup. Every single team in every single race has something that they think is giving them an edge that doesn't comply with the rules. From the front of the pack to the rear. Probably more-so in the rear because they are getting scrutinized less and they need the cheats just to stay semi competitive. If you tried to take the cheating out of racing the teams will just find better cheaters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Reynold posted:

Cheating is part of racing at every level. It happens. If you're caught you pay for it, if you're not then you're going to win if you're good.

Railing against it does nothing because it's still going to happen no matter the amount of hand wringing.