Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

Californians decisively defeated rent control what the gently caress dudes

You'll keep renting that garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
There haven't been any tweets have there?

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Serfer posted:

We just love landlords

:roboluv:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

emfive posted:

Oh yes there have

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

emfive posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump...ingawful.com%2F

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

FAUXTON posted:

Oh yes there have

:smith:

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

honestly having the House and Senate in a two-year pointless slap fight would be better than actual lawmaking from that collective clownshow.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Woke up and took it all in

Basically it went exactly as we anticipated, but we were expecting (and honestly, needed) more than that. Beto and Gillum losing really stings considering how major of a turnaround it would have been for Texas and Florida. Walker out is fantastic but, like, come on guys it's been 8 years why did it take this long.

Democrats lose a bunch of succ but likely learn loving nothing from it. We get a narrow hold on the House. Flip several governors, not sure about state legislatures, flip a good amount of attorneys general.

Marijuana apparently got approved/passed almost everywhere except North Dakota. Wisconsin marijuana referendra passed by ridiculous margins considering how the rest of the vote went (in Brown County it passed 75-25, yet we voted for Gallagher over Liegeois 65-35)

Got a bunch of women in office - good. Got a bunch of young leftists in office -- also good.

The next major fight is keeping Pelosi the gently caress away from Speaker of the House. If we can throw her out and replace her with someone good then the next two years have potential to be less awful than the past two years. After that the Democrats have to reconfigure their identity and completely loving stop it with the bipartisanship and go full aggro against the Republicans. If they can do that then things set up well into 2020, if not we're just going to see a repeat of 2016 and 2018

On the Republican side of things, everyone should be bracing for voter suppression and electoral fraud to intensify. Kemp's poo poo in Georgia is a loving preview. And looking at how Trump's rhetoric has escalated over the past month, also brace for the Fascism to get worse and worse

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

unironically exactly what i want

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Hell yeah, Joe Cunningham won SC-1.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
https://twitter.com/MattOswaltVA/status/1060018610230312962?s=19

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SKULL.GIF posted:

The next major fight is keeping Pelosi the gently caress away from Speaker of the House. If we can throw her out and replace her with someone good then the next two years have potential to be less awful than the past two years. After that the Democrats have to reconfigure their identity and completely loving stop it with the bipartisanship and go full aggro against the Republicans. If they can do that then things set up well into 2020, if not we're just going to see a repeat of 2016 and 2018

oh, you sweet summer child.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Looked into results some more

Dems picked up six trifectas. ME, NV, NM, NY (lol Cuomo), CO, IL, for a total of 14 fully-Democrat-controlled states

We also broke four Republican trifectas in Kansas, Michigian, NH, and WI. A hair away from breaking FL, loving DeSantis

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Iron Crowned posted:

oh, you sweet summer child.

"this is what needs to happen" is not the same as "I think this will happen"

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

Californians decisively defeated rent control what the gently caress dudes

californians are liberals, not progressives

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Voter turnout was 49% overall, up 13 points from 2014 (36%)

Lol at sulk

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SKULL.GIF posted:

Looked into results some more

Dems picked up six trifectas. ME, NV, NM, NY (lol Cuomo), CO, IL, for a total of 14 fully-Democrat-controlled states

We also broke four Republican trifectas in Kansas, Michigian, NH, and WI. A hair away from breaking FL, loving DeSantis

How much is the typical power bill for a ~1500 sqf house in FL, is it still like $300 in the summer unless you're insulated to the gills and keep the thermostat at 82?

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
Mitt Romney is gross cause he cosplays as what a Republican is 'supposed' to be but still sucks rear end

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FAUXTON posted:

How much is the typical power bill for a ~1500 sqf house in FL, is it still like $300 in the summer unless you're insulated to the gills and keep the thermostat at 82?

what?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

sajobi posted:

Puerto Rico? That isnt a state right? Even tho it has bigger population that some states.

democrats are concerned puerto rican statehiold would give them an unfair advantage over republicans. seriously

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/Billbrowder/status/1060147009682894855

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Love being told that my concern as a Floridian doesn't matter because I'm not focusing on the big picture.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If only we were so lucky

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Electricity is expensive in FL and Desantis is probably gonna make it more expensive lol.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

trash person posted:

Mitt Romney is gross cause he cosplays as what a Republican is 'supposed' to be but still sucks rear end

Trump is gonna dunk on him a bunch though so at least it'll be funny.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

sure if you include people who are definitely not progressive and leave off the progressives that won its very telling

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Did anyone mention that Keith won minny ag

He might be a dv perp so uh hm

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Al! posted:

sure if you include people who are definitely not progressive and leave off the progressives that won its very telling

it's weird because McElwee is a hard leftist

Kraushaar is succ lanyard though

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Pelosi is probably gonna put a lot of resources into getting to be speaker right, because that means she gets to be President if Pence and Trump are out?

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

my ~2700sf single story in central florida costs between $140 and $185 a month in the summer and we keep our thermostat at 78

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Glambags posted:

Did anyone mention that Keith won minny ag

If his ex released the video to like, anyone, the police, a doctor, a lawyer, someone, I wouldn't have voted for him, but she didn't so :shrug:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Glambags posted:

These accusations are weak from a person who exhibits loads of NPD symptoms while accusing Ellison of NPD and claiming she has tapes but refusing to show them to anyone, even her attorney

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Pelosi is probably gonna put a lot of resources into getting to be speaker right, because that means she gets to be President if Pence and Trump are out?

It will be wasted resources because impeachment is not going to happen, much less consecutively impeaching, convicting, and removing two executives

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Al! posted:

Seriously. Gillum didn't even wait until the election was over before he flipped to the center lmao.

And almost none of the others on that list were even progressive to begin with.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Dumb Lowtax posted:

she's going to put a lot of resources (read: not many resources, majority of dem's will fall in line, including AOC) into being speaker because she wants to be speaker

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

WarMECH posted:

my ~2700sf single story in central florida costs between $140 and $185 a month in the summer and we keep our thermostat at 78

Hell that ain't bad compared to what I was paying for a 3bd in the Tampa suburbs 10 years ago, but maybe there's a big difference between progress/teco/whoever else like withlacoochee

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ellison's accuser successfully pushed to have his divorce records made public, which revealed that there was domestic violence in his marriage...except it was from his ex and he never retaliated. combine that with her going back on there being a tape, and then going back on there not being a tape but refusing to show anyone, and yeah, it increasingly sounds like a load of bullshit.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Watching D&D gaslight itself into "actually this election result was not only good for us, it proves that centrism is right" is some loving poo poo, I tell you what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

Hell that ain't bad compared to what I was paying for a 3bd in the Tampa suburbs 10 years ago, but maybe there's a big difference between progress/teco/whoever else like withlacoochee

yeah its not bad at all

we have duke energy for what thats worth