Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.

xZAOx posted:

The main quest is started when you start the game. Like...I don't think you can really miss it?

Eventually you get enough of it done, and originally, you'd get he next part every so many levels. Now instead you can do it all back to back. What will happen is when you finish a step, you'll leave the Harborage, walk for about 60 seconds then the Prophet will show up as a ghosty thing and give you the next step, which involves returning to the Harborage.

Here's the wiki for the main quest, might help you realize where you need to pick up - but again, most of them start from visions from the Prophet. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Main_Quest

Youre off-date. It doesnt anymore. After morrowind came the game starts at vvardenfell, not from the main quest at coldharbor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Valtonen posted:

Youre off-date. It doesnt anymore. After morrowind came the game starts at vvardenfell, not from the main quest at coldharbor.

I only started a couple of months ago, with Morrowind. I still got the main quest, but I don't remember how.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
You'll encounter the NPC to start the main quest (the Hooded Figure) when you first visit Davon's Watch (Stonefalls), Vulkhel Guard (Auridon), or Daggerfall (Glenumbra).

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

count_von_count posted:

Amazing :allears: What's the aquarium? Maybe put the swamp netch and a giant clam in there too.

It's a large display case on its side.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I want to jump back into this but I hate subscriptions and it looks like the cheapest way to get Morrowind and Summerset is to remove the base game from my Steam account and then rebuy the pack with them both. Can anyone confirm that this works?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

food court bailiff posted:

I want to jump back into this but I hate subscriptions and it looks like the cheapest way to get Morrowind and Summerset is to remove the base game from my Steam account and then rebuy the pack with them both. Can anyone confirm that this works?

Morrowind comes with Plus now.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

So I notice that heavy attacking off-balance enemies no longer knocks them down, is this correct?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

FactsAreUseless posted:

So I notice that heavy attacking off-balance enemies no longer knocks them down, is this correct?

It depends on the enemy. Common mobs should still get knocked down, afaik.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

JackBadass posted:

Morrowind comes with Plus now.

I'm aware, but like I said I hate subscriptions and I really only play MMOs sporadically when I'm bored.

I actually found a physical copy of the Morrowind expansion online and from what I've read the code should still work, we'll see though.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Is anyone else having login problems? I'm getting told I can't reach the server.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I'm at work, so I can't test it, but considering it's the first day after an update, I doubt it's just you. Stuff being broken on Mondays is unfortunately not a rare occurrence.

JediBlutarsky
Dec 4, 2002

Jedit posted:

Is anyone else having login problems? I'm getting told I can't reach the server.

I am having this issue too. On NA server.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Aramek posted:

Hoo boy, this quest got real bad real fast and I'm already verklempt irl.

edit: Jesus loving Christ.

https://i.imgur.com/7g44pb2.jpg

The questline was really well done, but sad. At least you get to save one of them that isn't feral and murderous. :unsmith:

Also, go empty your bags you goddamn hoarder.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

JediBlutarsky posted:

I am having this issue too. On NA server.

Both using Steam to login?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Jedit posted:

I don't mean this flippantly, but it's almost always either a Steam issue or a ZOS server issue. For a MMO the server performance can be dreadful at times (most times). You can always check their official forums here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/general-discussion They will generally put a banner up pretty quickly if any login issues happen.

JediBlutarsky
Dec 4, 2002

Coldforge posted:

Both using Steam to login?

I am, but the issue resolved itself about an hour later.

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
Is it just me or does the game feel super janky/clunky since the murkmire update?

Like the movement, bar-swapping, combat - all feels really weirdly annoying, as if I'm getting weird micro-delays. Or maybe something in the graphics changed and I'm just feeling that.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The only upside to using Steam is not having to remember your password. You miss out on sales and have to deal with frequent login issues.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
An additional upside to steam is it patches the game for you, you don't have to patch for a while if you decide to take a break for a few months.

I presume it patches for you, I mean, I don't use steam for ESO.

JediBlutarsky
Dec 4, 2002

SplitSoul posted:

The only upside to using Steam is not having to remember your password. You miss out on sales and have to deal with frequent login issues.

Yeah, it's not my first horrible mistake. :(

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Sky Shadowing posted:

An additional upside to steam is it patches the game for you, you don't have to patch for a while if you decide to take a break for a few months.

I presume it patches for you, I mean, I don't use steam for ESO.

Nah it doesn't sadly, patches still download and apply only once you've fired up the ESO launcher from Steam.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
If I bought ESO through Steam can I switch to not using it?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Annath posted:

Nope, you have to buy a new copy.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

JadaX posted:

Is it just me or does the game feel super janky/clunky since the murkmire update?

Like the movement, bar-swapping, combat - all feels really weirdly annoying, as if I'm getting weird micro-delays. Or maybe something in the graphics changed and I'm just feeling that.
No, it's not just you, something's up with the network.

This kind of bugginess is why I stopped playing initially, and why I no longer use ESO Plus.

Ligament
Jun 12, 2018
Biscuit Hider

Annath posted:

I think in most cases no, but here's what happened to me recently: I wrote to Support and ask to separate my ESO account from my Steam account, bc what the hell, it can't hurt. It seemed to be a conditional possibility, actually. They asked me for the date on which I added it to Steam, and when I told them, they said it was not possible and closed the ticket immediately without further info. So, I guess??? it is possible under some sort of circumstance related to the date when you bought it? I found out after the fact that a similar scenario happened to a friend of mine.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Ligament posted:

I think in most cases no, but here's what happened to me recently: I wrote to Support and ask to separate my ESO account from my Steam account, bc what the hell, it can't hurt. It seemed to be a conditional possibility, actually. They asked me for the date on which I added it to Steam, and when I told them, they said it was not possible and closed the ticket immediately without further info. So, I guess??? it is possible under some sort of circumstance related to the date when you bought it? I found out after the fact that a similar scenario happened to a friend of mine.

:saddowns:

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow w

SplitSoul posted:

In TYOOL 2018 who remembers passwords?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

zjentohlauedy posted:

I do

Melek
May 23, 2003
Why would I get a DVD ROM drive when I have two DVD players in my house? Please send me $50 cash so I can get a DVD Drive. Or better yet please send me $10 bux so I can have this ugly red title removed.
Could I get an invite to the primary NA guild? @meleksa

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Best way to get off the steam horse is to find a ruski site and buy a cheap $10 base game code and redeem it on your account page.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

zjentohlauedy posted:

I write all mine down in a notebook I keep in my office desk.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Melek posted:

Could I get an invite to the primary NA guild? @meleksa

Got you

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

SplitSoul posted:

Wait you miss out on sales? How so?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Wait you miss out on sales? How so?

Crown sales specifically, if you care about that. Around Christmas they're half price from the official store. I don't know if it applies to DLC as well.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
According to the official site you can still purchase crowns through the official store, even if your game is on Steam.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Oceanbound posted:

According to the official site you can still purchase crowns through the official store, even if your game is on Steam.

Yeah I have purchased crowns on sale through Steam with no issues. No way in hell am I paying full price for my fun bucks.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Oceanbound posted:

I was misinformed then. Sorry about that.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Current state of my pretty princess crew:

https://imgur.com/a/37gTxRW

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Oceanbound posted:

Also... they always put the same discounts on the Steam store as on the ESO store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Free week of ESO Plus starting 11/15. They're timing it with the next in-game event for earning tickets towards the indrik mount. Are numbers down or something? They're being kind of generous lately. Maybe we'll get a killer Black Friday deal on crowns and/or DLC if they keep this up.