Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
OH GOD THIS IS SO EMBARRASSING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
also the house better start passing poo poo like m4a to die horribly in the Senate

and I'm really interested in the Whip and Majority Leader outcomes

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
Re: Ryan Costello tweet - I see we all follow the same twitterati. :)

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013

Sydin posted:

I mean, Biden is pretty much a lock to run, so.

Thankfully Biden is really, really bad at running for president.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

corn in the bible posted:

Texas hates Cruz a hell of a lot more than they hate Trump

Even the Texas GOP machine hates Ted Cruz because he keeps ruining poo poo for them to grandstand. Also I think you maybe underestimate the difference between "let's vote out this fucker" and a presidential election where people generally feel their votes mean nothing

I think you're agreeing with me. Chances are that Trump will do better in 2020 in Texas than Cruz did this year.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jesus gently caress, two of the dumbest people to exist

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

Apraxin posted:

Congressman Costello did not appreciate the presidential shout-out, btw:
https://twitter.com/RyanCostello/status/1060222202212171776

Lmao this guy was the featured subject in The New Yorker’s very good “The Demise Of the Moderate Republican” piece

quote:

Ryan Costello, a centrist wonk, ran for Congress to solve problems—but his colleagues fell in line with Trump’s parade of resentment.

Sorry Ryan :(

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
trump seems, in the parlance of the young folk, "shook"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Aidan_702 posted:

IT IS A HOT WHITE HOUSE

also; loving lol

https://twitter.com/RyanCostello/status/1060222202212171776

womp womp, former spineless congressman

edf
https://twitter.com/BorlandCorp/status/1060229575475650561?s=19

Toobly
Feb 19, 2013

Props to Acosta for using all of his energy to not throw the microphone at Trump

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Trump is a shook bitch wow

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Incidentally that single district covers 1/4 of Texas because it had to contain both the El Pass democratic suburbs and the San Antonio ones for maximum gerrymandering.

Also if you get bored look up the areas around Houston as they are utterly hosed. Iirc there's a single street which is used to combine two completely separate areas into a district lol

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Maybe next time don't be such a bitch?

Fabulous Knight
Nov 11, 2011
Tester won according to Politico and HuffPost

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

here we go, time to say anti-semitism is obama's fault

e: lol no, instead it's, when asked about the huge rise in anti-semitic attacks, that he's done so much for Israel and Jerusalem

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

This has turned my entire loving day around.

edit: ugh, have I been owned?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

SocketWrench posted:

Maybe next time don't be such a bitch?

I don’t think the gendered slurs are necessary.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lightning Knight posted:

It’s not like a bunch of women of color won in Republican districts last night. This is such a shitbird take lol.

This. The House got a whole lot more diverse last night, and loving Kansas elected an LGBTQ Native American woman who is an mma fighter. KANSAS

Country is a lot more progressive than we think.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I actually think that, in some ways, more than hatred of Cruz the perception he's so hated was helpful in driving up turnout. People who never bothered to vote before did in part because it seemed like maybe it'd actually work this time. In that case Trump in 2020 might help-- the Texas Dems can say look, we were SO CLOSE, please vote we can do it this time!!! and not seem like lying assholes.

There do genuinely seem to have been like 600k staunch republicans who broke just to vote against Cruz though so we can't underestimate that either

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Tester officially hangs on.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Carlosologist posted:

I'm fairly sure he convinced himself that Democratic voters don't exist, only Democratic politicians and fake news types do. I mean, the only common folk he ever spends any time with are the pondscum at his rallies, after all

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Fabulous Knight posted:

Tester won according to Politico and HuffPost

What's that bring us to

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

Yes, how odd that voters would support progressive policies but not the "progressive" candidates who oppose those policies.

McKaskill supported medical weed and the minimum wage and came out saying so. In mealymouthed cautious language of course but saying she opposed them is wrong.

If she had any campaign brains she would have run blazing on "Hawley doesn't want you to have weed or a minimum wage and I do" but she clearly did not and lost for it.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Christ go crawl back in your hole you mushroom dicked shitgibbon

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Chilichimp posted:

This has turned my entire loving day around.

Do we have a better source than Howie? Kemp isn't under 50%

E: ok even Howie admits he is just hoping it happens once they finish counting.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Okay somebody figure out what the hell is going on in Maricopa now

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

I'm rather surprised he didn't ask him to stop speaking "ching chong and speak American"

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
"I am a great moral leader!"

Oh gods...

Fabulous Knight
Nov 11, 2011

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

What's that bring us to

Uh, I guess it's 54-46 if Sinema goes down :(

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Wait he's still talking? Why has he not run away? Has he forgotten he can?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Ouch! drat

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

It's funny because there's very easy spins he could put on this that wouldn't even be lies. He could say that he wasn't up this time and the GOP failed him (probably true in some places), that the Senate is more red than it's been in decades (literally true) and that they're going to destroy Roe V Wade (100% certainty)

But he's floundering which I can only assume means he legitimately believed the Democratic polls were all lies

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Crow Jane posted:

I'm fairly sure he convinced himself that Democratic voters don't exist, only Democratic politicians and fake news types do. I mean, the only common folk he ever spends any time with are the pondscum at his rallies, after all

I’m pretty sure Acosta not backing down when he told him to stop was the first time someone’s stood up to him since like, Stormy Daniels hitting him with a magazine

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Wait he's still talking? Why has he not run away? Has he forgotten he can?

Several times he started wandering away from the podium and then walked back.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

now he says they'll work together even if subpoenas are coming

he can't remember 30 minutes ago

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Fabulous Knight posted:

Uh, I guess it's 54-46 if Sinema goes down :(

I think Sinema should be a slight favorite for now.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Womp womp

https://mobile.twitter.com/Tortured_Verse/status/1060141953109671942

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

USPol/Trump: Lose because of POTUS & have him piss on u

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

is sinema predicted to win or not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
I’m convinced Ted Cruz would’ve lost if candidates were required to put their birth names on the ballot. I feel like rural Texans would never vote for anyone named Rafael Cruz.