Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Chilichimp posted:

This has turned my entire loving day around.

edit: ugh, have I been owned?

it's still too early to call ga-gov, ga-06, or ga-07

ga-06 is very likely a pickup but both the house races are within range of a recount and abrams is still inching closer to a recount but it will get litigious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Carlosologist posted:

I’m pretty sure Acosta not backing down when he told him to stop was the first time someone’s stood up to him since like, Stormy Daniels hitting him with a magazine

What about when the Khans "viciously attacked" him?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

is sinema predicted to win or not?

Last I saw there were still like half a million votes to count in a county that she was winning. So....a pretty good sign.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

What's that bring us to

51 Republican wins; 46 Democratic wins; three that remain (Mississippi which is a R lock, but is going to a special election; Florida which has been called for Republicans but is going to a recount; AZ where Republicans lead but it's not a done deal).

So anywhere from 54-46 (most likely) to 53-47 (less likely, but possible) to 52-48 (needs something very unlikely to happen) to 51-49 (needs the entire white population of Mississippi to be taken by the Rapture).

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
He's accusing the black lady of asking him a racist question.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

AH AHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just endless laughing forever, delicous

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

corn in the bible posted:

It's funny because there's very easy spins he could put on this that wouldn't even be lies. He could say that he wasn't up this time and the GOP failed him (probably true in some places), that the Senate is more red than it's been in decades (literally true) and that they're going to destroy Roe V Wade (100% certainty)

But he's floundering which I can only assume means he legitimately believed the Democratic polls were all lies

because the loses hurt personally hard and he is mad. plus he was never good at spin because he can't take any blame himself and doesn't want to commit.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Wait he's still talking? Why has he not run away? Has he forgotten he can?

He tried when Acosta kept accosting him but returned when a new reporter was elected...which then defended Acosta and his accosting which pissed president pee pants off even more

Xyven
Jun 4, 2005

Check to induce a ban

Trump is calling a black woman racist for asking him about white nationalists :bang:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

evilweasel posted:

(needs the entire white population of Mississippi to be taken by the Rapture).

Thoughts and prayers

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
This is beautiful.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1060231913317822464

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Your Taint posted:

He's accusing the black lady of asking him a racist question.

Because she asked if HE was emboldening racists. That was uh, unbelievable to be honest.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Crow Jane posted:

What about when the Khans "viciously attacked" him?

Oh good point, but this is like face to face so I have to give Acosta more credit here. I thought Trump moving away from the podium was gonna escalate into something else for a second but he’s a coward who avoids confrontation

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

SocketWrench posted:

I'm rather surprised he didn't ask him to stop speaking "ching chong and speak American"

Richard Dawson used to do this weird thing on Family Feud where he'd uncomfortably kiss all the women in the family and say weird racist stuff to anybody who wasn't right, and whenever Trump does it, it reminds me of that. He runs the entire Presidency like a gameshow host.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
"I'm the highest.."

High on huffing your own farts.

His plan is to ask the democrats and no alternative. :bang:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Donald Trump doing impeachment ASMR is making me very uncomfortable. :stare:

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
Anyone have some good articles about voter suppression of African Americans? I want to beat someone over the head with them.

CNN is ok, but avoid it if possible. If CNN said the world was round he wouldn't believe it.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I've got a piece of paper with the words, "gently caress YOU" written on it for Scott Walker. Does anyone happen to know his forwarding address?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
This press conference is loving insane

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Bicyclops posted:

I'm trying to be optimistic about this. Like, yes, the Dems took the House, but goddamn, so much of this seems like the bare minimum of what we could have expected. I'm happy that Walker is out, that Maine really repudiated LePage, that MA voted yes on 3, etc. etc. The Senate was probably always going to go this way, where we lost a couple of seats, but I really could have used Steve King losing, or Gillum winning, or Iron Stache winning, or Beto. I was really hoping for at least one impressive upset. It feels like if this is the best we can do in a climate where the GOP has almost gone out of their way to make the party associated with incompetent, angry greed, that things are going to swing rapidly back when we have someone halfway competent bearing their standard.

It makes a difference having taken the House, it does, but it still feels like we have to be super cautious going forward, and that this actually doesn't bode well for 2020.

All of the halfway competent people in the party have been forced into Trumpism and are permanently tainted with it, so if 2020 goes well it will be distinctly hard for “good” republican candidates to break through the swamp (kinda like in 2010-2016 when the Dems basically had no bench whatsoever)

It’s not like Cruz can ever make a serious presidential run again, people like Sasse can’t win, and Mike Pence is not going to be able to just wash that off in 2024

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

Richard Dawson used to do this weird thing on Family Feud where he'd uncomfortably kiss all the women in the family and say weird racist stuff to anybody who wasn't right, and whenever Trump does it, it reminds me of that. He runs the entire Presidency like a gameshow host.

TBF it's a weird northeastern US thing to kiss women on the cheek when you're greeting them. I always forget when I go back home and end up awkwardly rubbing my cheek against my aunt's cheek. lol

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Bicyclops posted:

I watched The Running Man for the first time recently, and while it is not a good movie at all, I couldn't help but see Trump all over it

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Democrats flipped 350 state legislature seats last night.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...gn=the-atlantic

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I’ve been staying away from the thread/politics in general to live a nice stress free life lately.

I voted. My county sent five Dems to the state houses I held my nose and voted for Manchin.

Amendment One somehow passed setting women’s rights back 30 years when even loving turbo-Catholic Ireland is getting with the program in 2018.

How bad was the election overall?

Winning the house is nice, obviously.

I’m shocked Cruz won. I’m sad that Andrew Gillum and Stacey Abrams lost. gently caress Brian Kemp especially for controlling an election he was running in.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1060231445749198848

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1060233054604668931

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Best part about Walker losing

My super MAGA cousin (has bumper stickers "Build the Wall Deport Them All" on his car no longer has a job.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Travic posted:

Anyone have some good articles about voter suppression of African Americans? I want to beat someone over the head with them.

CNN is ok, but avoid it if possible. If CNN said the world was round he wouldn't believe it.

So find a CNN article that says voter suppression isn't a big deal

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Aggro posted:

I’m convinced Ted Cruz would’ve lost if candidates were required to put their birth names on the ballot. I feel like rural Texans would never vote for anyone named Rafael Cruz.

<image of Bobby Jindal painted as a white man.jpg>

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Jesus Kelly, smokebomb him already

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Goddamn, I knew dems kicked some rear end last night and there'd be the inevitable shitstorm fallout from reps, but goddamn, to watch Trump losr it and just become a confused, dawdling mess of a man making GBS threads himself in front of the world...goddamn

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Trump just forgot who Erdogan is

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Who's ready for Democrats to champion a return to normalcy and decorum and not champion any remedies for rampant voter suppression and nonrepresentation?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Piell posted:

trump just forgot who erdogan is

Probably still thinks of him as Strider

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Trump's face is two different colors. It's much lighter on his temples near his ears.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
If Texas State Senator Dragonball and his colleagues are willing to do a Killer D then they will be the greatest politicians Texas has had since 2003

essentially, the texas constitution mandates that you can't hold a vote if there's not enough state senators or house members. the texas dems stopped a new redistricting law back in 2003 by going to new mexico to hide. not enough senators? can't pass a law. it's like a filibuster except it can't be broken.

It's only ever happened three times in history and since 2003 there haven't been enough for that to actually happen, but now there are. if they got moxy then the sky's the limit on obstructionism

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Nov 7, 2018

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Kammat posted:

Jesus Kelly, smokebomb him already

my theory is that they secretly love it when he shits himself in front of everyone

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Democrats flipped 350 state legislature seats last night.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...gn=the-atlantic

This is incredibly important ahead of the 2020 redistricting.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Ditocoaf posted:

Who's ready for Democrats to champion a return to normalcy and decorum and not champion any remedies for rampant voter suppression and nonrepresentation?

We know for a fact from the info released last week that the House Dems are going to introduce a slew of bills that include fixing the VRA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol big day for qanon

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1060233955461529601