Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Lightning Knight posted:

You should explain why.

I don't mean this in that I disagree with you, I am genuinely curious.

It starts off incorrect and then just goes increasingly off the rails. Even by DnD chicken littleing standards it is ridiculous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
This is banana republic stuff.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
god save the panera of the world

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

LK was nervously handwringing and groveling to suck zone within two days of being modded, it's tragicomic

LMAO what is this bullshit

Merging threads was great and if you don't see why.... I'm not giving up the ghost 😂😂😂

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lightning Knight posted:

You guys spend so much time posting about posting and complaining that [x discussion] is occurring instead of just not engaging with posters you don't wish to argue with. It's crazy!

it only takes one or two people to engage with each other to fog up the thread to where everyone else has to scroll scroll scroll past all the slap fighting, to the point that if it happens frequently enough (i think it will) then there's no point in even reading the thread in trying to skim past all the petty ideological disputes and purity tests

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Hahah, it's almost as if he were trying to communicate this information to third parties in a plausibly deniable way

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Lightning Knight posted:

You guys spend so much time posting about posting and complaining that [x discussion] is occurring instead of just not engaging with posters you don't wish to argue with. It's crazy!

Like this. Stop it.

Oh my, what terrible modding

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Majorian posted:

Hey, Fulchrum? Hate to break it to you, but last night was a really, really bad showing for your preferred strategy.

My preferred strategy of winning the primary? Tell me, how did Swearengin do in the election last night?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

luxury handset posted:

it only takes one or two people to engage with each other to fog up the thread to where everyone else has to scroll scroll scroll past all the slap fighting, to the point that if it happens frequently enough (i think it will) then there's no point in even reading the thread in trying to skim past all the petty ideological disputes and purity tests

if only someone could get these gosh-darned trolls to take it to D&D...

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Lightning Knight posted:

Like this. Stop it.

Lol Lucy and the football again!
:decorum:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

evilweasel posted:

which races, specifically, would you say validated your strategy?

Brown and Baldwin kept their seats, while McCaskill and Donnelly didn't.

Fulchrum posted:

My preferred strategy of winning the primary?

Your preferred strategy of putting Democrats in power. The one that the Dems have been trying for decades, even as it routinely fails.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Geeze, this is a real Hot Topic.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/fart/status/1060273915484758016

Me walking into the white house: TINY COMING IN

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

And I was in such a decent mood after election night

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

luxury handset posted:

You mean as opposed to the usual Trump thread standard where if Trump doesn't post a tweet for a few hours it devolves into a sandwich discussion.

The thread is as it is. If y'all keep complaining, I'm going to keep probing you for posting about posting. There is actual news happening today - which includes statements by Nancy Pelosi, likely Democratic Speaker of the House! Discuss that, instead of whining about what thread is what.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

luxury handset posted:

everyone talking about kemp being a vote stealing scumbag who wipes servers is discounting the more likely scenario, that he and his IT team are just absurdly incompetent

An incompetent IT team doesn't explain away the multiple federal lawsuits, so I don't think you can hand wave it away as an oopies.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I really hope Mueller and Rod have something creative up their sleeve. They have had to see this coming for miles.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

my prediction for this thread: the cobbings will only increase

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high

Armack posted:

He's not in any legal jeopardy since presidents can't be indicted. Impeachment and removal are political processes, not legal ones.

He's also not in political jeopardy. The GOP Senate doesn't have to act if The House impeaches Trump, and even if they did, there is no scenario where two-thirds of the Senate votes to convict.

Please let me know if I'm incorrect here, but it seems that the Republicans can pack the Supreme Court starting in January if they hold together. Theoretically, Trump could nominate 30 new Justices, a few GOP senators would balk, the rest vote to nominate, the court arbitrarily decides the constitution allows for Trump to be dictator, the actual text of the document be damned.

Alternatively, maybe we do have a nominal 2020 election, but not a free and fair one. With voter suppression and other means of cheating, even 2018 was fishy in some areas, like GA, FL, ND, much of Texas.

What about these scenarios seems implausible?

Also, is there a thread for exploring options to expatriate from the US?

The first option will trigger a massive nation-wide crisis the likes of which we have not seen before that will very likely result in state-wide defiance, troops marching on streets, and the economy cratering. The whole reason we talk about Dems doing it is because it's a desperation move you make when you have no other options, and they could only do it after a pretty big win and a presumed mandate. Packing the courts is flipping the table over because you're losing; you don't do it when you're winning.

The second option is absolutely going to happen, but the Dems' victories last night give the Republicans less power to do it in a number of key states. So they'll absolutely try, but the Dems have way more power to push back.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

if only someone could get these gosh-darned trolls to take it to D&D...

Lol ikr

Like God forbid y'all have to report someone. And a derail about how derails suck is probably the dumbest most ironic thing I can think of 😂😂

They got rid of Sessions and Rod but I'll go after the mod because I'm too dumb to realize I'm the target of the Honeypot

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Hahah, it's almost as if he were trying to communicate this information to third parties in a plausibly deniable way

i'm never entirely sure whether to call any particular Kemp action competence or malice

(yes, yes, por_que_no_los_dos.gif)

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lightning Knight posted:

You mean as opposed to the usual Trump thread standard where if Trump doesn't post a tweet for a few hours it devolves into a sandwich discussion.

The thread is as it is. If y'all keep complaining, I'm going to keep probing you for posting about posting. There is actual news happening today - which includes statements by Nancy Pelosi, likely Democratic Speaker of the House! Discuss that, instead of whining about what thread is what.

it's easier to just post elsewhere if any discussion on current events has to weave between multiple simultaneous discussions of how many pelosis can betray the proletariat on the head of a pin

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Anyone know how many votes that Gillum is claiming to be down by now? Because I’m pretty sure they’re claiming it to be less than the official tally so far.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Majorian posted:

Your preferred strategy of putting Democrats in power. The one that the Dems have been trying for decades, even as it routinely fails.

How exactly has your strategy of "lose the primary" worked in helping the Democrats?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

cr0y posted:

I really hope Mueller and Rod have something creative up their sleeve. They have had to see this coming for miles.

Rod's gone

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1060284522518994944?s=19

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what happens when the Supreme Court decided to gerrymander the Senate, thereby eliminating term limits?

:decorum:

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

he is no longer supervising the special counsel, not gone

they probably want to keep him for when the new guy has to recuse

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

He’s not gone. It’s just that since Sessions is gone the new AG is in charge since he hasn’t recused himself. Nothing has happened to Rod.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is this really good or really bad for Trump? I remember being told last year that Trump firing Mueller would absolutely backfire.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

luxury handset posted:

if you're just going to ignore the content of their posts just put everyone on ignore that disagrees with you.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

not gone, just not in the chain of mueller command

eke out posted:

oh come the gently caress on, i thought i had this one

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Grouchio posted:

Is this really good or really bad for Trump? I remember being told last year that Trump firing Mueller would absolutely backfire.

It backfires, for the midterms. He's hoping that people forget about it by 2020.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

eke out posted:

Oh god semantics yeah

Y'all are in rare form today is2g

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Grouchio posted:

The guy he's picked is so brazenly only being picked to hurt the investigation that ideally he might actually need to recuse himself like Sessions did.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Oxxidation posted:

LK was nervously handwringing and groveling to suck zone within two days of being modded, it's tragicomic

i can't believe LK is in the pocket of big succ!!

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

GreyjoyBastard posted:

not gone, just not in the chain of mueller command

oh come the gently caress on, i thought i had this one

the cobbing has made you slow

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Lightning Knight posted:

It's not. It's how literally every single internet community in the history of the internet has functioned. It's how people fundamentally work. There's a reason why it's more effective to have separate threads for separate conversations.

But you think you've found the secret key! Just whine and everything will change! It's crazy!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

that's not what that says, at all

e: goddamnit

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/freedom_moates/status/1060238809126916096
https://twitter.com/freedom_moates/status/1060280304735305728
https://twitter.com/MattWhitaker46/status/726535000712089600

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

How exactly has your strategy of "lose the primary" worked in helping the Democrats?

Mmm yes, you've got a great handle on my strategy, Fulchrum.

I'm sure this will make Trump feel better for all of ten minutes.:laugh: