Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
Painted up my first Shadespire warband:

I've still got the original 2 from last years starter unpainted somewhere, but I really wanted to paint these little guys up so badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
What's that recipe for the base? I've been doing unique ones for each warband but I've been flip flopping on how I wanna do my stone.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

richyp posted:

I've still got the original 2 from last years starter unpainted somewhere, but I really wanted to paint these little guys up so badly.

Good Gobbos

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
I just wish we got lizardmen as a warband

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Just played a shittonne of Shadespire as aggro skeletons and it fuckin ruled.

Champion and Warden just tearing poo poo up.

BurlapNapkin
Feb 11, 2013

richyp posted:

Awesome, I like your take on sorta tarnished steel there, and that OSL from the campfire/wisp are great!

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

The Deleter posted:

What's that recipe for the base? I've been doing unique ones for each warband but I've been flip flopping on how I wanna do my stone.

I use a light grey primer something close to Dawnstone / VMC Sea Grey, so base with that if you're working from black/dark grey. Heavily wash the whole base in Drakenhoff Nightshade which will darken the stone some close to Eschin Grey, and the recesses even darker. Once that's dry edge the rocks and stones in Dawnstone and do a few random strokes of the same colour on various flat bits to add some variation.

On the firefly/lantern guy there's a wash of Sotek Green over the the bits where the light reflects and the bits where I'd highlight Dawnstone within that area are highlighted with a mix of Sotek and Ulthuan instead.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Nash posted:

And more elves. But it's honestly been a pretty good mix, this wave.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Nash posted:

There’s always next wave. Plus ever since 2-3 weeks ago when I found out the Vermintide characters survived to AoS I’ve been wanting them to be a warband.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

There’s always next wave. Plus ever since 2-3 weeks ago when I found out the Vermintide characters survived to AoS I’ve been wanting them to be a warband.

Where did you find this out.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It was mentioned in the Total Warhammer thread.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
How would that even works? It's supposed to have been thousands of years since the shameless pile of shite End Times was.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It was mentioned in the Total Warhammer thread.
:lol:

Don't believe everything you read in that thread.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Iceclaw posted:

How would that even works? It's supposed to have been thousands of years since the shameless pile of shite End Times was.

Gortrek and Felix made it!

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Well, Gotrek became Grimnir, and Grimnir is super dead, so...

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Iceclaw posted:

I guess he got better

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/02/14/the-slayer-returns/

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Iceclaw posted:

Well Grimnir is not super dead. But more to the point, Gotrek never became Grimnir, he never adopted his name or anything. More to the point there are new books coming out starting Gotrek in the Mortal Realms as he looks for Felix.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Gotrek didn't become Grimnir, he took over his job of the eternal fight at the Northern gate in the Old World so Grimnir could gently caress off and become the only Dwarf God in the AOS world. (iirc, it's been a while since I last read Slayer)

I'm guessing the spark of divinity that Grimnir gave him was enough for him to reincarnate in the AOS world and he thinks Felix may have been important enough for Sigmar to remember when he reconstructed everything.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Finally got my Cursebreakers finished, despite endless procrastination.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Those are some nice magic boys!

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/warhammer-underworlds-restricted-cards-en.pdf

:siren::siren: Banned and Restricted cards :siren::siren:

I'm pretty OK with all of this :toot:

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I love all the bans and restrictions. Now we'll see decks that aren't all the same again!
I'm especially happy about Time Trap getting banned.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Should just ban all the restricted cards. Restricted cards are always clunky AF to implement.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Wow, they really did it! I'm ok with that.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
So glad they released this ban/restricted list.

I had one last match yesterday, which wasn't including the restrictions. Last turn of the second (and final) game, I play Quick Thinker in reaction to a charge and it starts a 10-minute argument with my opponent of what a Charge is.

"It's a Move + Attack action, which is why I can use this Reaction."
"Right, so my guy has only moved then, because he hasn't attacked."
"No, because you declared a Charge, you were just unable to complete it."
"Right, so that means it's a Move."

Just round and round. So stopping conversations like that is a side bonus to dropping that bloody card. Even as a Farstriders player I felt bad using it.

Have people worked on their new decks yet? I'll still be using a ton of the restricted ones, but mostly in objectives. I've found some neat other cards that will still allow me to pull off the combos I want, if a little less effectively.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Mugaaz posted:

Should just ban all the restricted cards. Restricted cards are always clunky AF to implement.

I agree it's clunky, but outright banning that many cards would not be good, IMO.

It's definitely going to be a pain, for me anyways, to remember what is on the Restricted list though. Hopefully UnderworldsDB/YAWUDB implement logic for this because I suspect the new, official deck builder will be blocked for me here at work :v:

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The official deckbuilder can flag restricted cards and remove banned cards. It's pretty good if you mess with the css a bit.

Edit: but that's doesn't help if your work blocks it :)

Electric Hobo fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Nov 15, 2018

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Crossposting from the AoS thread:

Sab669 posted:

Got my Stormsire's Cursebreakers to a point where I'm content to call them finished yesterday:

I can't decide if I like the "Green with Silver Pauldrons" or "Silver with Green Pauldrons" look more. I might reserve the latter for unit leaders, or dudes with special weapons.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
In order to not feel bad about buying Black Fortress on Friday, I promised myself I'd clear a bit of backlog. I've had these guys sat primed in bumpy primer from when Shadespire came out last year, so I figured i'd try and hide the bubbles with some paint.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
They look great. I need to finish mine who are sitting at about 60% apart from the faces.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Crossposting from the Oath thread; finished my Fiends.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

EDIT: Wrong thread

EDIT EDIT: Blue Khorne guys own hard

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

LazyAngel posted:

Those are some good looking Fiends. How'd you do the metal?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

LazyAngel posted:

Wait the axejaw is supposed to be mostly meat?

um

gently caress

at least they weren't mine

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Electric Hobo posted:

Those are some good looking Fiends. How'd you do the metal?

Mostly scalecolour paints; base of S75 Decayed Metal, then wash with AP Dark Tone, and glaze with S75 Caribbean Blue (a light blue-green) for tarnish and to take the brightness away. Then highlight first with decayed metal again, then with some S75 Heavy Metal for the last highlights.

Steel was just S75 Black Metal, AP Dark Tone, Black Metal to Heavy Metal highlights.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Pierzak posted:

Wait the axejaw is supposed to be mostly meat?

um

gently caress

at least they weren't mine

Heh, well the studio paint scheme has it as a jawbone, but I figured flesh would pop more.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

LazyAngel posted:

Mostly scalecolour paints; base of S75 Decayed Metal, then wash with AP Dark Tone, and glaze with S75 Caribbean Blue (a light blue-green) for tarnish and to take the brightness away. Then highlight first with decayed metal again, then with some S75 Heavy Metal for the last highlights.

Steel was just S75 Black Metal, AP Dark Tone, Black Metal to Heavy Metal highlights.

Nice. I've mostly been using Decayed Metal for bronze or copper, but I'll think I'll try something like this on my skeletons.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Are the Nightvault rules the new "core" rules set? I've got both Shadespire and Nightvault, and don't know if one is preferred over the other (aside from magic, of course.)

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

berzerkmonkey posted:

Are the Nightvault rules the new "core" rules set? I've got both Shadespire and Nightvault, and don't know if one is preferred over the other (aside from magic, of course.)

There's nothing in Shadespire that's not in Nightvault except some of the generic cards iirc and you can purchase those separately?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Corrode posted:

There's nothing in Shadespire that's not in Nightvault except some of the generic cards iirc and you can purchase those separately?

Oh, I meant the actual rulebook itself. Nightvault supersedes Shadespire, correct?