Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

de if you take my energy i might die, i am a millenial and have so little, please take all that you need and some extra for the next one

e: this might lose some of the humor without the post immediately before it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

They always release the big updates on thursday I thought. Tomorrow, the floofs will be harvested

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
they should have said next week

then released it this week anyway

looking forward to the buggy mess

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

No Mods No Masters posted:

They always release the big updates on thursday I thought. Tomorrow, the floofs will be harvested

yeah I think they are probably working their asses off to make it not be friday

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

nerdz posted:

they should have said next week

then released it this week anyway

looking forward to the buggy mess

this is a pro move to get free extra hype but it only works like once

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

de if you take my energy i might die, i am a millenial and have so little, please take joestars instead

Sounds like a win/win situation to me.
Take my energy DE.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2bFinCY2cg

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

aegof posted:

de if you take my energy i might die, i am a millenial and have so little, please take all that you need and some extra for the next one

e: this might lose some of the humor without the post immediately before it

Here, reddit has us covered: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/9uzb7u/remember_the_anthem_for_when_the_server_catches/

quote:

Hot: the servers are on fire.

Long: the download will be slow.

Push to keep ourselves together

DE take our energy

This: the day we all awaited

Hide ourselves in our rooms,

farming mats to build our warframes,

strong, united, waiting till its here

And we all wait, and we all wait together, together.

Through the long wait, 'till we're playing together, together.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I'm glad those are just lyrics and not an attempt at singing it. It's pretty good. :v:

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?
you guys were not kidding when the support team were great. i just recently got a email saying there was a delayed response to my ticket but they'll hopefully get onto my problem eventually. it was bot but who cares.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They're probably overwhelmed at the moment because of people signing back on in anticipation of Fortuna

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?

Synthbuttrange posted:

They're probably overwhelmed at the moment because of people signing back on in anticipation of Fortuna

that could be it. giving me major deja vu considering the fortuna event is just like the cetus one.

Fruity20 fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 8, 2018

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

de as a whole is probably on edge at the moment given everything going on. if not today i'm definitely banking on tomorrow for release because they probably want a full day of critical bugfixing to patch all the major leaks before the weekend

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Love the lore discussions.

Transference refers to someone controlling something else but with their original body intact. Their original body could die and they do a full transference to the target. 2 cases have been known on this: Rell and Sylvana. But transference itself is not going into something with your full physical entity as the Tenno's bodies are still in their pods, just like you can look at yourself in the orbiter. However, when you go into operator mode, your physical body is actually out there, as Ordis was crying for you not to leave when you go confront the queens. Whether the Tenno could turn back time when they "die" in Chains of Harrow final fight or if that was a vision of the multiverse is still debatable.

Continuity is not exactly like transference. It's the practice where you move your oro, or soul, to another being. This requires kuva and it is possible to pull an oro of an already dead being back into living, as the case with Umbra, and possibly with the Worm Queen trying to revive the older queen.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Garuda is probably going to be a pain to farm. Moa pets wave back at you. Hoverboards. 80s neon color schemes. Chain gang anthem. Kit guns I guess?

2fast4tuna

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/1059916841332682754

Unfortunately no oversized floofs... yet.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

I don't see any problem with this.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Just competed the second dream

Really cool

Is there a path that is recommended over others? Not sure how it all works

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Just competed the second dream

Really cool

Is there a path that is recommended over others? Not sure how it all works

Zenurik is the usual go-to - Energizing dash means you'll never run out of energy again.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They're all different. Zenurik if you like having energy and spamming abilities. Madurai increases physical damage and have interesting powers. Naramon is melee focused. Unairu has tanky stuff. That's not all they do, so look at the contents carefully. Zenurik is a usual good choice.

To earn focus, you need to install lenses in your frames or weapons. You get them from Cetus bounties currently and they convert some affinity into focus. If you're killing a lot with one weapon, throw the lens on that. If you murder with a lot of powers, throw it on that warframe.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Nov 8, 2018

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/1060369904505942020

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

my current feelings about Fortuna's imminent release:

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/1055954640364163072

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yesssss, i knew it

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Synthbuttrange posted:

They're all different. Zenurik if you like having energy and spamming abilities. Madurai increases physical damage and have interesting powers. Naramon is melee focused. Unairu has tanky stuff. That's not all they do, so look at the contents carefully. Zenurik is a usual good choice.

To earn focus, you need to install lenses in your frames or weapons. You get them from Cetus bounties currently and they convert some affinity into focus. If you're killing a lot with one weapon, throw the lens on that. If you murder with a lot of powers, throw it on that warframe.

That’s a weird way to spell “vazarin”

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Synthbuttrange posted:

Also dont be afraid to put lenses on stuff you like, the exp gained doesnt decay, you can easily do bounties for more, and youre meant to experiment.

You don't have an infinite amount but there is a limitless supply.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

my current feelings about Fortuna's imminent release:

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/1055954640364163072

they should not only not fix that glitch, they should have a few npcs who are always doing it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Currently the simplest way to gain focus is to take lensed level 30 gear into sanctuary onslaught. Affinity going into non-maxed gear wont be turned into focus. Focus also benefits from affinity boosts, like from a Smeeta or booster.

Or a Smeeta going off while you've also got a booster during a double affinity weekend oh fff

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
So I have a couple quick Excalibur questions.

1. Is there a non-poo poo variant of the Skana? It feels sad that the sorta posterboy sword of the game is MR fodder.

2. Is the 50 energy and 75 armor really THAT big of a deal? I really don't want to just leave my first frame in the closet to collect dust. Also the unremovable scarves gently caress with my fashion frame, which is honestly the bigger problem.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Flytrap posted:

1. Is there a non-poo poo variant of the Skana? It feels sad that the sorta posterboy sword of the game is MR fodder.

2. Is the 50 energy and 75 armor really THAT big of a deal? I really don't want to just leave my first frame in the closet to collect dust. Also the unremovable scarves gently caress with my fashion frame, which is honestly the bigger problem.

Prisma Skana is a version people can get. Sadly you just missed Baro. Unless you're on the console in which case Baro's bringing it.

I dont understand in relationship to what question two is.

Excalibur has no scarf, did you mean you have just gotten Excalibur Umbra? His abilities are different. Also he resets sentients with some of his abilities AND he has autopilot if you're in spoiler mode.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

all of the skanas are kind of poo poo, including skana prime which is founders-only. your only hope is prisma skana from baro but even it only has like 20% crit chance and 10% status. absolute junk and nothing that makes it worth a poo poo unless you have a really good riven for it. and even then, like, why.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Skanas are good as stat sticks basically.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Flytrap posted:

1. There's the Prisma Skana, I guess, though even that's still kinda mediocre.

2. Yes and no? Umbra is a fair bit tankier, especially once you rank up the Umbral mods a bit, and more energy is never a bad thing, but your abilities are largely unchanged. Normal Excal can still handle anything Umbra can.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

Prisma Skana is a version people can get. Sadly you just missed Baro. Unless you're on the console in which case Baro's bringing it.

I dont understand in relationship to what question two is.

Excalibur has no scarf, did you mean you have just gotten Excalibur Umbra? His abilities are different. Also he resets sentients with some of his abilities AND he has autopilot if you're in spoiler mode.

Well the Skana is basically his signature weapon, so I kind of conflated the two.

I've had Umbra for a while and have basically been using him instead of Excal since, well, he's a straight upgrade. His abilities are the same, they're just called something different and use different animations (which was a problem when he first came out, as Radial Howl was a strictly worse version of Radial Blind because it took longer to cast.) I was just curious if it was THAT big of an upgrade as to make my basic version useless at this point, since all of the skins and colors look funky because of the scarves in the way on Umbra.

Johnny Joestar posted:

all of the skanas are kind of poo poo, including skana prime which is founders-only. your only hope is prisma skana from baro but even it only has like 20% crit chance and 10% status. absolute junk and nothing that makes it worth a poo poo unless you have a really good riven for it. and even then, like, why.

Ah, a shame. I would have liked to make a build for Excal that was just all of basic stuff but better. Braton Prime, Lex Prime, Skanabutit'snotshitty. Shame that doesn't sound viable outside of low level.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Flytrap posted:

Ah, a shame. I would have liked to make a build for Excal that was just all of basic stuff but better. Braton Prime, Lex Prime, Skanabutit'snotshitty. Shame that doesn't sound viable outside of low level.
lol, that's all perfectly viable into sorties if you want to put the investment in. Just don't use the Skana as a melee weapon (you have Exalted Blade, after all), instead use it as a stat stick for Slash Dash.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if you generally just want a single sword to use as a theme kind of deal, the single krohkur is pretty drat good. it's crit-focused. the dual version is status instead.

e: also yeah braton and lex prime are both very solid weapons and you can take them far. the skanas aren't even remotely redeemable unless melee 3.0 is kind to them, though.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I know it isnt that great but I like the steak on a stick aka the Mire. :3:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i still never use slash dash, with exalted blade or otherwise. i know it gets double mods, which is unique among all powers, but it's still using a power to attack stuff that is already in range of eb. like, why bother?

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Haven't played in a few months but figured I may as well fall down the rabbit hole again since Fortuna is coming out. The new UI is slick as hell, and AW launchers are infinite which is p nice. Wish they'd refund me all the iradite I spent on them though.

Did any rework happen for limbo prime or is he still a trashboy? I could've tested him but he can keep gathering dust until there's a sortie def or maybe I finish lua for those arbitration things. Are those worth it?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Limbo isnt trash. Hes just a giant troll if used wrong. Hes a bit bad against nullifiers and thats about it. Though he works against them fine too as long as you keep your range as short as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Gitro posted:

Did any rework happen for limbo prime or is he still a trashboy?

:catstare: