Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I dont think i once ever used Miiverse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
Is there a generally agreed upon recommended size SD card to get?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

TheHoosier posted:

I want so so so badly to love this game because it's entirely my poo poo, but I can never get past the very first side quest at Red Rock.

I need to try again

Try it again, I believe you can change your starting area and all that.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

70 minutes into a really killer run in Risk of Rain. I've got like 10 drones and a shitton of aoe that just murders poo poo while I hop around. Not a single movement speed increase though.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Xeras posted:

The bigger, the better, especially if you plan on buying digital games.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Xeras posted:

128 GB will probably last a normal person quite a while, and the price has gone down since the 400gb one came out

Although if you download all the retail bangers, its days are numbered

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Xeras posted:

depends how many games you want as digital downloads rather than cards. if you're not getting any big downloads 64gb will probably suffice for a pretty long time.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Xeras posted:

At this point wait til black Friday friend! There will be some crazy deals.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I ordered a 128 card and they accidentally sent me two of them. Value!

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

8bitdo has a new thingy that bridges an original Gamecube controller to the Switch wirelessly

https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/1060200244397400064

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

The two best 128gb cards are at $25 or under so I wouldn't really bother waiting unless you want more space.

Samsung:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XWZWYVP

Sandisk:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073JYC4XM

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Imagined posted:

Is it pronounced fighterz, or fighterz?

Dragon Ball Fighter-Zed

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
What is that unnamed potion that I have 0/1 of that I need to take Covetous Shen to level 11? And how do I get it?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Imagined posted:

Is it pronounced fighterz, or fighterz?

it's pronounced dragonz ballz fighterz

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Feenix posted:

What is that unnamed potion that I have 0/1 of that I need to take Covetous Shen to level 11? And how do I get it?

That would be a Death's Breath. Drops from elite mobs after you're level 60 or above.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

repiv posted:

8bitdo has a new thingy that bridges an original Gamecube controller to the Switch wirelessly

Aaaaand I've cancelled my Power A wireless GameCube-style controller preorder. This is almost certainly a better solution IF you have a GameCube controller (I do). I also have the gold Wii Classic Controller Pro that I got with GoldenEye that I could use with this.

Holy poo poo, you even use an SNES Classic controller with it. If you're a controller whore-der like me this is a no brainier.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Nov 8, 2018

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Fayez Butts posted:

That would be a Death's Breath. Drops from elite mobs after you're level 60 or above.

So I’m just not meant to make better gems yet. Ok.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

repiv posted:

Holy poo poo thanks for this

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I buy digital for Switch. No regrets. I do wonder if I should get Pokémon physical (buying the ball, too, figure my kids will enjoy...) but when that time comes that we don’t play it anymore, might be better to sell game+ball...

This is my first Pokémon Game. Do they tend to be long on content? Post-launch support?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Feenix posted:

I buy digital for Switch. No regrets. I do wonder if I should get Pokémon physical (buying the ball, too, figure my kids will enjoy...) but when that time comes that we don’t play it anymore, might be better to sell game+ball...

This is my first Pokémon Game. Do they tend to be long on content? Post-launch support?

I don't think they've discussed a postgame for Pokemon We Know You'll Pay $50 For Mew edition. It's based off a gen 1 game (Yellow) which didn't have a postgame and is simplified mechanically, so I can see them not adding the usual post-game treasure hut/hard trainer battles more recent mainline games have.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So I've been playing Diablo 3 on the Switch and it's fun but man, it's definitely a different game from what I remember. Everything feels a lot more fast and loose.

I feel like you kinda have to go around one-shotting everything because getting hit even once knocks off like half your HP? And it's not like it's easy to dodge when there's so much going on at once. Maybe I've just been bad about picking my armor, it's hard to keep track of with the inventory screen on this and the sheer amount of crap you get now.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Your Computer posted:

So I've been playing Diablo 3 on the Switch and it's fun but man, it's definitely a different game from what I remember. Everything feels a lot more fast and loose.

I feel like you kinda have to go around one-shotting everything because getting hit even once knocks off like half your HP? And it's not like it's easy to dodge when there's so much going on at once. Maybe I've just been bad about picking my armor, it's hard to keep track of with the inventory screen on this and the sheer amount of crap you get now.

This all sounds awesome though?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Feenix posted:

So I’m just not meant to make better gems yet. Ok.
Yeah, the last couple ranks for the jeweler and blacksmith were added in the expansion, so they gate access to them until you're in expansion territory. There's a lot of stuff in that game that will seem weird until you consider that level 60 used to be the level cap, like certain level 60 gear sets and how the drop tables for certain enemies are completely different pre/post level 60.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

asecondduck posted:

Aaaaand I've cancelled my Power A wireless GameCube-style controller preorder. This is almost certainly a better solution IF you have a GameCube controller (I do). I also have the gold Wii Classic Controller Pro that I got with GoldenEye that I could use with this.

Holy poo poo, you even use an SNES Classic controller with it. If you're a controller whore-der like me this is a no brainier.

Does this work with a Wavebird?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Heath posted:

I don’t see why it wouldn’t as long as the receiver is plugged in to it.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kirios posted:

This all sounds awesome though?

oh I know, I just like my games less hectic :shobon: different folks different strokes y'know

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Heath posted:

Depends if it provides enough power for the receivers radio to work, which they haven't confirmed either way. You could try asking @8bitdo on Twitter.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Your Computer posted:

I’m playing expert as a Necro and I jump into the thick of it and I barely ever see my health bar even ding. Then again one of my skills pops a ton of health orbs and I had health on hit weapons.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Torment is when it all changes

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Hardcore is where it really changes, because you're constantly freaking out about losing even one pixel of health.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Getting close to Warframe switch version and I’ve heard very little about it. If it’s a good port I’m gonna get sucked in like D3.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FastestGunAlive posted:

Getting close to Warframe switch version and I’ve heard very little about it. If it’s a good port I’m gonna get sucked in like D3.
I saw some stuff the other day that looked good, sounds like it's mostly locked to 30 even portable. Panic Button is doing the port and they seem pretty good at this stuff based on Doom, a lot of their engine optimizations have been backported to the other versions too.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It’s incredibly hosed up that the Nintendo switch store doesn’t have cool music.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Panic Button should just handle all AAA ports from now on.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

repiv posted:

This made me realize just how much I want Spice Orange Joycons.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I am very hyped for Warframe.

However, let me warn any new players:
Unless they pulled a miracle, the controls are gonna be hard to get used to.

It's a hybrid shooter/3rd person action game. It can require precision for shooting and the movement needs a certain rhythm.

There are loads of builds that are pretty mindless so I suspect those will be popular on this console.

Edit: I'm very curious if they will allow cross-platform clans. The pop cap is kinda low so we may need to have a Switch clan in either case.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

homeless snail posted:

I saw some stuff the other day that looked good, sounds like it's mostly locked to 30 even portable. Panic Button is doing the port and they seem pretty good at this stuff based on Doom, a lot of their engine optimizations have been backported to the other versions too.

Yeah Panic Button is awesome and the people behind Warframe care immensely about their product and their community, so all signs point to this being a good port. Warframe is loving impenetrable to me since I tried it years ago but maybe I'll try it again on Switch.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Inzombiac posted:

Edit: I'm very curious if they will allow cross-platform clans. The pop cap is kinda low so we may need to have a Switch clan in either case.

Won't happen. It'd be hard enough for them just to unify accounts across the platforms, and iirc they've never stated any interest in doing so.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvxvzLVGTGs

New free Kirby DLC just got announced. Taranza, Magalor, & Susie and more stages. Looks like it’ll be out on the 30th.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Nov 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

SeANMcBAY posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvxvzLVGTGs

New free Kirby DLC just got announced. Taranza, Magalor, & Susie and more stages.

Reworked bosses/new ones too. I'm super excited because this looks pretty substantial for a free update.