Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

About to go to Gagazet and I'm realizing now what people meant by Yuna being a better Black Mage. She currently has 13 more Magic than Lulu and she, unlike Lulu, could actually Overkill the Flame Flans with the Blizzara spell I taught her. So, even though Lulu can learn the Aga spells soon, she won't even be able to properly use them because her magic stat isn't as good as it should be. It's really dumb. Most I can think of is there's a Level 2 lock separating one of Yuna's grids with a bit of Magic and Agility on it that is on the path to the Aga spells. I'll just have to unlock it and have Lulu go down it once she's learned the spells.

Similarly, Auron is pulling away from Tidus in terms of strength. They've been close most of the game but, like Yuna b eing fed Magic nodes, Auron is now being fed Strength nodes. Tidus is on Rikku's path because I figured why not. I did use a Blk Magic Sphere to teach him Demi though to help capture the Malboro and it's proving invaluable in getting his overdrive gauge filled in no time which I am happy for because we really need Blitz Ace. Hopefully that will help Overkill bosses in future, even with his somewhat inferior Strength.(it's still the second best in the party)

I'm looking forward to Biran and Yenke because this is the first run I've ever done anything with Kimahri. I wonder how they'll fight since they level with him. I think you can learn Mighty Guard from them so I should probably do that. I know they mostly have Rages you could have learned already but I don't think anyone I've fought so far had Mighty Guard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lulu sees no use for those silly magic stats. Lulu understood, aeons before FF fans, that the true endgame is transmog. And to this day no one has managed to reach the power level of her belt skirt.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

looks like the world of ff maxima edition gimmick is out?

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

LFT is a really good romhack. I never finished it but I consider it an all around improvement from the original. It's the quintessential FFT romhack.

I'm coming close to the end of New Threat and it turned out to be an exemplary romhack! Another big recommend!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i'm considering picking LFT up, but what did you think of the enemy rebalance? is it "we don't know how to properly balance units so they're just ninjas in chameleon robes whose only skill is calc + holy" hard or is it just a minor, or nearly non-existent, retuning of enemy stats and equipment?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I haven't gotten super far in myself but it's certainly not bullshit like that (barring Beowulf sidequest and Deep Dungeon, apparently, where stuff's just goofy), fairly normal. I'm struggling a little bit, but I'm pretty bad at FFT in general.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I'd say LFT is slightly harder than FFT but not much. Not even in the same world as something like 1.3.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I’ve always liked Brave New World FF6 quite a lot, are there any hacks approaching that level of quality for the other turn-based Final Fantasies?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I'd say LFT is slightly harder than FFT but not much. Not even in the same world as something like 1.3.

yes... 1.3 demands full understanding of fft's systems, where are obtuse and complicated at times, for even basic victory, so it is only something for insane people. LFT is good for non insanes

Augus posted:

I’ve always liked Brave New World FF6 quite a lot, are there any hacks approaching that level of quality for the other turn-based Final Fantasies?

ff7 new threat is incredibly good.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Isn't that the same hack where the creator flipped his poo poo over people killing his OC boss "incorrectly" by getting him to damage himself on spikes that he made a dirty hack to make his OC invincible to floor spikes?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Leal posted:

Isn't that the same hack where the creator flipped his poo poo over people killing his OC boss "incorrectly" by getting him to damage himself on spikes that he made a dirty hack to make his OC invincible to floor spikes?
if you're talking about 1.3, i dont know if he flipped his poo poo but he did make that guy immune to spike damage after someone figured out how to kill him, yes. kind of incredibly weird

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Leal posted:

i don't think i can criticize this kind of behavior anymore because i once made an OC background NPC who can't be killed but does damage to you if you attack him

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

listen "good romhacks" is a tall enough order as-is I'm not crazy enough to ask for "good romhacks whose creators don't have some kind of crippling personality defect"

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCebjNJHyR8

Most Final Fantasy XV DLC cancelled to allow Square Enix to work on an unnamed AAA title. One final March release.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

rip aranea. rip tabata.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
rip episode noctis

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Tabata hasn't been on the FF15 team in almost a year. He's the head of the new studio.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Tae posted:

Tabata hasn't been on the FF15 team in almost a year. He's the head of the new studio.

he's out of SE / luminous whatever

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Well, at least I don't have to boot up that garbage heap again. Aranea died so that we may live, and that's better than we deserve.

gigglefeimer
Mar 16, 2007

Augus posted:

listen "good romhacks" is a tall enough order as-is I'm not crazy enough to ask for "good romhacks whose creators don't have some kind of crippling personality defect"

It's basically a prerequisite to have a crippling personality defect to have the time, effort, and capability to make a good romhack. So many romhacks are started by casual players that simply change values around in uninteresting ways, have dumb arbitrary design decisions, gameplay mechanics from other games outright dumped in, etc. And they're almost always abandoned before being finished.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

That they had a live stream to announce this is the weirdest part

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Honestly, this kind of sucks.

EDIT: No, I thought about it, and this just flat out sucks. Tabata quitting after his rather candid interviews he did prior and after the release of 15 about the state of S-E's internal development makes me think that not only did they learn nothing but they have continued with their awful practices and he had enough. I could be wrong about this, since we presently don't really know anything about what happened I think.

Gologle fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Nov 8, 2018

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
that's what you get for buying early access

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I never bought the Royal Edition content because it was completely unnecessary, so I don't really care that they canceled the rest of the DLC except Ardyn's. Tabata leaving and Luminous 'restructuring' or whatever sucks though. Perhaps he was burned out or not happy with where things were going.

Oh S-E, what are you doing?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
they're finally going to make the malice mizer jrpg

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Cancel episode Ardyn make episode Aranea you chumps!!!!!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Cancel episode Ardyn make episode Aranea you chumps!!!!!

Nope. You're gonna play as a sentient pile of laundry and you're gonna like it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

drat I wanted Episode Aranea and was curious about Episode Noctis. :smith:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So... here's what I have found out is basically the situation.

You know how Tabata was working on an as-of-yet unannounced AAA title? Well... they canceled that, for whatever reason. And that cost the company 3 Billion yen (Or about $26,390,097 USD) Tabata was fired in the very-Japanese way you fire someone, by not firing them and instead they step down and apologize and bow their heads and it's all very neat and tidy and doesn't go on any records except it totally does. But since he was still the head of the XV project, they basically Deep Sixed the things they hadn't really worked on/hadn't started, finished the one they'd basically done and then called it a wrap.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's cos he is bad at making games.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

It cost me many valuable items but Yunalesca is defeated and everything has opened up in my run of FFX International. I am hoping that the things I had to use like my Luck and Fortune Spheres can be replaced. There are a bunch of items in this game, I remember that from using cheats to get them all when I was a lot younger. Somebody gave me a tip on Bribe being the key to getting many of the better items, Steal won't be the answer to everything like it has been.

But gee, now I have the airship, I don't even know where to begin.Any advice?

Also are you supposed to just randomly search to find places like Baaj and Omega Ruins or is their exact location written somewhere in the game? I always just moved the thing around until I found something.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's cos he is bad at making games.

Tabata's not great at making exceptional games, but he's not bad at getting a decent product out on time, as evidenced by Type-0 and Crisis Core. I can only imagine how stressful working as a director at S-E must be, considering how often this poo poo seems to happen.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Tabata is a god-drat champ for actually salvaging FFXV after Nomura/S-E had mismanaged it for so many years.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
That's the most SE way for the FF15 epic to end.

I'm glad you found freedom, Tabata. Bring on Final Fantasy XVI.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Renoistic posted:

Tabata is a god-drat champ for actually salvaging FFXV after Nomura/S-E had mismanaged it for so many years.

Ah now hold on a second. Because this is interesting. If KH3 does come out in January and it's good or amazing or whatever, that'll probably justify Nomura as a creative talent, obviously the old KH games also did the same, but this is more "Can Nomura manage and produce a successful big budget title for modern systems."

Honestly, I would put the blame squarely on S-E at this point. Look at how many projects they throw at people sometimes, you wouldn't think the company was as large as it was.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The Final Fantasy franchise is clearly not dead because even with the utter insanity that was its development cycle, FF15 somehow ended up good, but...

HOW THE gently caress IS THIS STILL HAPPENING, WHAT IN THE EVERLOVING gently caress IS WRONG WITH THE MANAGEMENT AT SQUARE-ENIX THAT THEIR BIG PROJECTS KEEP ENDING UP IN DEVELOPMENT HELL

It's odd because they've been solid everywhere else. FF14 post-1.0, Dragon Quest, their mobile games, their small and mid-tier releases like Octopath... They've all been going swimmingly. They really need to re-examine their management style for AAA games (for instance, give Nomura one project to work on so he can actually focus on it) and maybe consider scaling back on that altogether and focus on the things they can actually do well, like everything else.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Mega64 posted:

The Final Fantasy franchise is clearly not dead because even with the utter insanity that was its development cycle, FF15 somehow ended up good, but...

HOW THE gently caress IS THIS STILL HAPPENING, WHAT IN THE EVERLOVING gently caress IS WRONG WITH THE MANAGEMENT AT SQUARE-ENIX THAT THEIR BIG PROJECTS KEEP ENDING UP IN DEVELOPMENT HELL

It's odd because they've been solid everywhere else. FF14 post-1.0, Dragon Quest, their mobile games, their small and mid-tier releases like Octopath... They've all been going swimmingly. They really need to re-examine their management style for AAA games (for instance, give Nomura one project to work on so he can actually focus on it) and maybe consider scaling back on that altogether and focus on the things they can actually do well, like everything else.

Keep in mind, FFXV actually did wind up recouping all losses, including FFvXIII losses. So it was a success, it made its money. But yeah for whatever reason... like I have no idea what happened with this unannounced project Tabata was working on, but... maybe it was because he was split between it at FFXV stuff? But canceling something you sunk 3 Billion Yen into? Like... they haven't even announced, it, it was just known "He's working on a Triple-A title."

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/1060393392411013121?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I wonder if the cancelled Tabata project had anything to do with the Agni's Philosophy tech demo, which will probably end up becoming FFXVI.