Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I've got an email saying this weekend is double gambit infamy again, gently caress yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's a free gambit weekend too, so introduce those y1's to QB.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'm sticking with malfeasance and MI because I want them to know fear all at ranges equally

PathAsc fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Nov 8, 2018

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
surrounded: check
trace rifle: check
lovely super i refuse to die to?: check
committed: CHECK

https://i.imgur.com/6QpWHVz.gifv

:smug:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Soros Regime is pretty good

Also PrplDrank69 lmao

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

'IKneelForAnthem' makes me laugh everytime i see it .

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Video convinced me to do this, can confirm it's mega fun.

https://i.imgur.com/rtvu2oG.gifv

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Astrochicken posted:

'IKneelForAnthem' makes me laugh everytime i see it .

I was eating a pizza lmao

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Is Bone a goon guild? I guess I have played with goons before. I should actually team up with someone at some point

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Bone Krew is the xbox clan. There are dozens of us!!!

So uh... is the "open all 24 last wish chests" a prank? We did it today and got squat, and I can't find any proof of it actually existing. Bamboozled, I fear

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The real secret is you have to open them all simultaneously

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Listerine posted:

Oh poo poo I think I was in that crucible match with you. Didn't you send him a message afterwards too?

yeah i’m pretty sure i did. i don’t remember if i got a reply.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Ok help me out here.

When you have enough motes to summon primeval, does Drifter ever say something like "empty out those pockets!"?

Because I had a dream about playing gambit where he said that but now I don't know

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
Yeah he does something like "you've got enough, bank and bring it out"

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Springfield Fatts posted:

Yeah he does something like "you've got enough, bank and bring it out"

no I mean specifically making reference to pockets; and the act of removing contents from said storage

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Mazerunner posted:

no I mean specifically making reference to pockets; and the act of removing contents from said storage

I'm pretty sure I've heard that line yeah, but my memory is notoriously unreliable :shobon:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I don't know if I've ever heard that one specifically, but he's got enough that I still hear a new line every once in a while.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Mazerunner posted:

Ok help me out here.

When you have enough motes to summon primeval, does Drifter ever say something like "empty out those pockets!"?

Because I had a dream about playing gambit where he said that but now I don't know

Idk but he definitely talks about pawning a gallahorn in between rounds

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I was eating a pizza lmao

:lolplant:

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Yes I'm here for my 80 bucks,

j/k didn't pay

hippieman
May 8, 2004

Butcher of Song

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

And the real magic was that Osiris, the first expansion to the painfully shallow vanilla, was A W F U L

The worst piece of content ever added to the game.

Even its big holiday event (the Dawning, AKA the Pawning) was a straight "Pay $10 to experience one interval of Event"

Osiris was just so terrible all around. They ruined the character of Osiris, he should have been a forever trapped in time with fragments from other timelines. He needed to still be a thing of myth and legend, not just "Oh hey cool I"m back now, k thanks". And Brother Vance, god they just hosed up any possibility of him being cool. The followers of Osiris could have been this cult that's borderline between good and evil.

And all of Mercury, ever since the first lighthouse (which I never go to go to) I had wanted it to be a destination, and it had so much promise. A vex machine world, I mean that's like the coolest sentence ever. There's more vex poo poo on Io. It should have been wild, with vex tech everywhere, and burning death sun beams to avoid. It could of been so much, a real destination.

The time shifted versions of the world should have been worked into Patrol. 2 big teleports on either side of the map that move you to more of the destination, but either in the past or the future. There's some great geometry in Osiris that's only used for story/adventure that would have been great in patrol. Like the town area where you can be onto of buildings or fighting in the streets.

Osiris makes me angry, it could have been so much more, and then it did introduce a good mechanic, the Prophecy weapons and the system to get them, and in true bungie style, was abandoned instead of furthered.

tl;dr I'm mad at bideo james

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
They made Osiris look like an offensive native American stereotype with feathers and poo poo for no reason especially considering all the original armor was cats, snakes, bugs, etc but no fuckin birds

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The best part is we discover Osiris, reunite him with his ghost, get him talking with Ikora again, and after we burninate the final boss Bungie leaves him stuck in the forest doing some dumb rear end simulations. He loving rebuilt the poo poo the guardians destroyed and the same boss returned to cause problems.

That's some bestseller tier writing right there!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

They made Osiris look like an offensive native American stereotype with feathers and poo poo for no reason especially considering all the original armor was cats, snakes, bugs, etc but no fuckin birds

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I like how the Terrible Truth Osiris learns that gets him kicked out of the Tower is just "we suck and get owned in the future".

Meanwhile, the game opens with everyone sucking and getting owned, Destiny 1 starts right after guardians get owned so hard the moon explodes a little, and the Vault of Glass is about preventing all of reality from getting owned. In the background, the Future War Cult can't find a future that doesn't end in everyone getting owned except the one where you buy Destiny 2 and finish the Red War campaign.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Osiris was poorly done, but is hard to do that correctly. "Never meet your heroes". If you ever meet your favorite action movies heroe, you may find you are more tall than him, or that he looks less stronger than in the movies. That sort of things.

I am not writer, but I imagine the solution to that is not show the character too much, and introduce even greater mysteries. You are going to make the character way less mysterious, you need to introduce new mysteries so the quantity of mystery in the story remain constant.

Osiris is show as a lonewolf dude. Where before he looked like the head of a powerful organization working from the shadows. The destruction of Brother Vance character maybe is more a failure than that?, If brother vance where showed has a more mysterious figure, and suggested or show he is part of a larger group, he could have ended being more "that dude that live in mercury that is a idiot and is idiot fanboy of idiot osiris".

The Destiny 1 mercury map was way cooler than the thing we got in Destiny 2. Sometimes Bungie do something really cool, then forget about it.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Mazerunner posted:

Ok help me out here.

"Time to drop those pants, guardian!"

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Is that a bird? Idk what that is

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Destiny 2 vanilla and Osiris is trying to be iconoclastic about stuff from Destiny 1 but it forgot that all of that wasn't actually in the game.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Astrochicken posted:

"Time to drop those pants, guardian!"

Way ahead of you, drifter. When I said I was going commando I wasn't talking about my fighting. :heysexy:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Is that a bird? Idk what that is

Might be a turtle or a gator with feathers

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That helmet is clearly meant to be some kind of raptor head, the titan's visor is inside the mouth.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

hippieman posted:

The time shifted versions of the world should have been worked into Patrol. 2 big teleports on either side of the map that move you to more of the destination, but either in the past or the future. There's some great geometry in Osiris that's only used for story/adventure that would have been great in patrol. Like the town area where you can be onto of buildings or fighting in the streets.

I really hope they revisit this concept at some point. Not only did the Festival of the Lost include a version of the Infinite Forest that looked like a proof of concept for what it was originally sold as, but the Dreaming City Ascendant Plane mechanics are really similar to doing time-shifted Vex stuff.

What I'm saying is they should add a new destination on Mercury, either in Year 3 of D2 or in D3, that uses Vex time travel the way that the Dreaming City uses the Ascendant Plane.

hippieman
May 8, 2004

Butcher of Song

Tei posted:

Sometimes Bungie do something really cool, then forget about it.

This happens all the god-drat time.

• They created the weapons of sorrow with a damage over time weapon that's a different damage type (not void, solar or arc) then abandon it as a concept
• A random daily short mission on the Moon with a turret that just shows up suddenly (never furthered or used again)
• Sidearms for the longest time were "Well we made you 2 of them, what more do you want?"
• Festival of the Lost, seriously they didn't have one ready to go when D2 launched.
• Swords of Crota, Wolves and Taken invading
• Bounties that offer up an interesting thing, but are not logically extend out to others (IE: get sniper kills, but no get sword kills, or get shank kills, but not other enemy types)
• Tanks, they started to see more love near the end of Y1, but like they put their tried and true Bungie vehicle magic into the game, and then never returned to them.
• The Farm
• Artifacts
• 3 of Coins lol
• At this point all of Xur
• The Hive (I seriously want to write a loving thesis on how the Hive have changed)
• Rasputin and Warminds in general. They didn't as much get forgotten as Bungie forgot what they were supposed to be

I will say Bungie has picked up some interesting things that were abandoned and made them really cool. I think what they've done with Toland is great (for fucks sake, he needs to stay a spark voice, don't let us pull him out of an ascendant realm or some bullshit), The Queen and the Reef have become way more interesting than I could have expected.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I always felt Osiris was an offensive egyptian stereotype*

*I don't actually feel that way

hippieman
May 8, 2004

Butcher of Song

Harrow posted:

I really hope they revisit this concept at some point. Not only did the Festival of the Lost include a version of the Infinite Forest that looked like a proof of concept for what it was originally sold as, but the Dreaming City Ascendant Plane mechanics are really similar to doing time-shifted Vex stuff.

What I'm saying is they should add a new destination on Mercury, either in Year 3 of D2 or in D3, that uses Vex time travel the way that the Dreaming City uses the Ascendant Plane.

Yeah, all the old destinations need a good revisit. I know that new geometry and art are massive time and money sinks. And it's hard to justify going back. I'd personally pay for an expansion that redid a previous expansion I bought, but I'm sure reddit would bitch and moan, make death threats and send SWAT teams to bungie dev's houses. And with anything major like that you risk fragmenting your audience.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

texaholic posted:

I always felt Osiris was an offensive egyptian stereotype*

*I don't actually feel that way

Feathers were a thing with the egyptians, but I lack the bird knowledge to know if the feathers Osiris wore were from an ostrich. Here in america most people only get as far as "feathers for clothing? that's native american!!"

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Given the wild variety of names Guardians adopt at (seemingly) completely random, including a couple names of note which are decidedly of Asian influence, Shin Malphur and Liu Feng, I'm super interested to see that they are in-fact Asian people come their inclusions in the game. (Voice lines for Liu discvovered and Shin indubitably coming in Joker's Wild)

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Drifter is like, Mongolian or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Drifter is like, Mongolian or something

He mentions bbq'in up some Hive so I buy this.