Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you thankful for?
This poll is closed.
Video games (sincere) 44 10.89%
Video games (ironic) 14 3.47%
Video games (the mod) 74 18.32%
Video games (but only for my platform of choice) 10 2.48%
Video games (but only the one game I play) 13 3.22%
Video games (but only the ones I played as a kid) 17 4.21%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (sincere) 38 9.41%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (ironic) 14 3.47%
Bowsette 117 28.96%
That this Bowsette meme seems to be dying 63 15.59%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wanted to play Episode Aranea....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

dogsicle posted:

treating Nomura as a figurehead for the management issues just feels like a weird projection :shrug:

I'm not

I'm trashing Nomura for sucking at his job and Square for keeping him around with increasingly bloated and failing projects, when he is directly involved in KH3 and FF7R, having just announced he'd like EU stuff in the remake, which is Bad and Wrong and Stupid

If you don't like me trash talking him just say so

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In Training posted:

I wanted to play Episode Aranea....

I wanted to download and never get around to playing episode Aranea.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

are we doing the weird thing where we act as if KH3 was supposed to have been in development since the PS2 days and not only greenlit in 2013? 2013-2019 is still a pretty long run for game dev, but it's nothing I'd start yelling trainwreck over. nintendo announced metroid prime 4 over a year ago and hasn't shown anything but a logo

Motto fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Nov 8, 2018

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

really the gbs post should've told me all i needed to know

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Motto posted:

are we doing the weird thing where we act as if KH3 was supposed to have been in development since the PS2 days and not only greenlit in 2013? 2013-2019 is still a pretty long run for game dev, but it's nothing I'd start yelling trainwreck over. nintendo announced metroid prime 4 over a year ago and hasn't shown anything but a logo

Six years is much different than 1 year, most games announce a title and dont show anything for like 18 months.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i mean, i dont give a poo poo about the Square Enix management, i will never pretend to know anything about it OR, give a gently caress. But six years and one year is an exponential comparison

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I bought FF15 on release and fell off about chapter 3 or 4.

It's always in the back of my mind to go back to it so seeing this stuff is funny

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

In Training posted:

Six years is much different than 1 year, most games announce a title and dont show anything for like 18 months.

yeah I meant in terms of like, when game companies toss names out there for easy hype despite literally just putting together a team, you're gonna be waiting a while before even getting to the typical promotional cycle

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

chumbler posted:

I wanted to download and never get around to playing episode Aranea.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

The fact you could perma-glitch her into your party as some phantom 5th was cool as poo poo, I love those kinds of glitches in games, especially when they're just functional enough to stick

Makes it feel like some alt-timeline stuff

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

You can apparently glitch Paper Mario TTYD so that Flavio is permanently following Mario, even in the credits.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Motto posted:

are we doing the weird thing where we act as if KH3 was supposed to have been in development since the PS2 days and not only greenlit in 2013?

SE released a short-lived teaser for kh3 in 2007. they made their bed

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

chumbler posted:

You can apparently glitch Paper Mario TTYD so that Flavio is permanently following Mario, even in the credits.

Yeah, it's great. They do this in one of the AGDQ speedruns as an incentive, and it's pretty funny.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

The White Dragon posted:

SE released a short-lived teaser for kh3 in 2007. they made their bed

That was Birth By Sleep, a game that came out

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Allarion posted:

That was Birth By Sleep, a game that came out

they probably shouldn't have said kingdom hearts 3 on the title cards then

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Kingdom Hearts 3...
58/2 Days

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

They called the tenth Kingdom Hearts game Kingdom Hearts 3

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Kingdom Hearts 10 for Xbox 3

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I played the first Kingdom Hearts back in the day and didn't give a poo poo about it. Well that's my story thanks for listening.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I remember it seeming weird that Selphie was in it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bentacos posted:

I played the first Kingdom Hearts back in the day and didn't give a poo poo about it. Well that's my story thanks for listening.

Needed more romance

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I remember it seeming weird that Selphie was in it
and she didn't even mention trains once

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
what attack will tetsuya nomura use on sora in kingdom hearts iii? well. he will make kairi fall in love with le'a x

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Remember that time Nomura wanted to redo ff15 as a musical because he saw the film version of Les Mis and that was when people were finally like "no we're not redoing this poo poo god drat"

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Footage of Susie (and others) in Star Allies finally revealed.

Edit: She got a fukkin' gun.

Edit 2: KIRBY HAS A BATTLE SCAR. HE HAS BEEN MARKED.

Are they adding a real hard mode to this game? I've been wanting that since launch. They've got all these cool characters with unqiue movesets but none of it matters when the game is stupidly easy.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The White Dragon posted:

they probably shouldn't have said kingdom hearts 3 on the title cards then
They didn't.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i guess i can just play XV then

and then forget about the series until XV-2 comes out, with dress-spheres for the boys

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

SE just this week announced a 33 million dollar loss last quarter too.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

mutata posted:

SE just this week announced a 33 million dollar loss last quarter too.
not too, its the same thing. the loss they booked was the value of whatever it was they cancelled that tabata was working on "including the disposition of the portion of the content production account related to the game titles under development at the Subsidiary and impairment losses on intangible assets"

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I am late to the party but HERE'S ANOTHER GREAT FFVIII MOMENT

cid : hey man congrats on passing here's your first mission some super low level stuff one train station away

squall : yeah ok anything else

cid : here have a lamp containing THE DEVIL tee hee

--

Another one, that's part of the main story

irvine : i am a sniper* where the ladies at

squall : welcome

irvine : btw i can't pull the trigger

squall : jesus

* he wields a shotgun

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Of course, what self-respecting zombie mastermind doesn't stock his lair with a GIANT ROBOT STATUE?! Sir, I wish to see the design specs to this building because I'm starting to suspect all of this is not structurally sound.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Rarity posted:

Of course, what self-respecting zombie mastermind doesn't stock his lair with a GIANT ROBOT STATUE?! Sir, I wish to see the design specs to this building because I'm starting to suspect all of this is not structurally sound.

LITTLE MAN BIG STEPPIN'

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Huh, did Blizzard really lose $4,000,000,000 in stock or is that just clickbait bullshit number magic

I only ever played Diablo 1, funny to see the downslide

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Replaced the 500GB hard drive with a 1TB hard drive in Lady Videogames' PS4 yesterday evening and queued up about 20 things to install (and subsequently complete when I am half way through a few of them)! On the list are:
Yakuza 0.
Witcher 3.
Spider-man. (60% through)
God of War. (50% through)
Persona 5 (Deliberately went back to the school - not sure the percentage through).
Destiny 1 (On Venus!)
Red Dead Redemption 2 (start of Chapter 2!)

and a few smaller ones like Everybody's Golf, and Peggle 2.

I am making it my goal to have all these big names finished before March 2019 :D

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Black August posted:

Huh, did Blizzard really lose $4,000,000,000 in stock or is that just clickbait bullshit number magic

I only ever played Diablo 1, funny to see the downslide

Activision stock has been tracking almost 1:1 with the NASDAQ for the past year. D:I did nothing.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Propaganda Hour posted:

Activision stock has been tracking almost 1:1 with the NASDAQ for the past year. D:I did nothing.

:thunk:

Also they've been tracking downward for a while thanks to WoW:BfA being a hunk of poo poo

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Infinitum posted:

:thunk:

Also they've been tracking downward for a while thanks to WoW:BfA being a hunk of poo poo

5 days doesn't matter.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

you know what was the best FF game

FF4 and I'll fuckin fight about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I’ll goddamn die alongside you

After Years sux tho, the hell were they thinking

• Locked thread