Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~

Spoeank posted:

Shanahan is a great coach but all we have for his "pound the table" draft picks is a bad third string QB and an RB that got bounced outta the league after zero career carries, and that's a bit concerning.

Lots of missteps on the D-Line. Remember when we thought we were so cool on the Trubisky trade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Bareback Werewolf posted:

Ah, I see. I'm actually surprised he didn't get hurt. The guy couldn't avoid a tackle to save his life. I still kind of like CJ though, he's a tough dude. Just not a good NFL QB.

Technically he got held out initially because he hurt his throwing hand. Mullens is now the starter because his game against the Raiders highlighted how bad Beathard is.

Spoeank posted:

Shanahan is a great coach but all we have for his "pound the table" draft picks is a bad third string QB and an RB that got bounced outta the league after zero career carries, and that's a bit concerning.

Yeah, I'm not excited by Shanahan's evaluation of college players. He's said it himself, though not explicitly: projecting positions is difficult for him.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Bareback Werewolf posted:

Lots of missteps on the D-Line. Remember when we thought we were so cool on the Trubisky trade?

Well that's on Lynch. We got reports of Shanny being head over heels for CJ and Joe Williams. Though we were able to maneuver into getting Reuben Fos--Reuben Foster is questionable to return

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I wouldn't be that surprised if Mullens has a tough game or two and the question comes up again before the end of the season. I want him to keep playing well but he was basically playing a college team last week. Throw a few picks in a game and suddenly people start chattering again. I'm really excited to watch the niners though which I haven't felt at all since Jimmy went down

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Reuben Foster getting hurt is not something you can hold against Lynch. Basically none of his other picks working out yet, well, okay.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~

rjmccall posted:

Reuben Foster getting hurt is not something you can hold against Lynch. Basically none of his other picks working out yet, well, okay.

You can put that on Saleh.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Play posted:

I wouldn't be that surprised if Mullens has a tough game or two and the question comes up again before the end of the season. I want him to keep playing well but he was basically playing a college team last week. Throw a few picks in a game and suddenly people start chattering again. I'm really excited to watch the niners though which I haven't felt at all since Jimmy went down

He 100% will. Mullens is a solid backup, but I don't think he's ever going to be a great starter.

rjmccall posted:

Lynch has been okay as a GM. I'm not thrilled with some of his picks or signings, but he could be worse, and he at least seems to manage the staff well and get along with the coaches, which is novel for a 49ers GM.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Manoueverable posted:

Baldwin has been mostly invisible this year, dunno if he's just getting blanketed or if he's toast but it's not a good sign.

He's playing on either one or zero good legs depending on the week

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Coldforge posted:

Lynch has been okay as a GM. I'm not thrilled with some of his picks or signings, but he could be worse, and he at least seems to manage the staff well and get along with the coaches, which is novel for a 49ers GM.

It is definitely nice to be a low-drama franchise for a change.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

It's loving crazy to me that nobody just pays Scott McCloughan to sit at home, drink, look at tape, and tell them who to draft.

Edit: actually just looked it up, the Browns did and this draft looks pretty good so far!

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Nov 8, 2018

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Scott M is real good OP.

It’s also crazy that he’s such a drunk that teams cut him loose, considering the value he brings to teams.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Feeling pretty good about the Seahawks’ chances against the Panthers after tonight.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Bob Socko posted:

Feeling pretty good about the Seahawks’ chances against the Panthers after tonight.

I’m not sure how to break it to you, but y’all ain’t exactly the Steelers on offense.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

I love everything about Dallas being totally center, balanced, in prime position for 8-8.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
https://twitter.com/thecheckdown/status/1061311103068557312

Forget any complaints I had about the 49ers' WR group; they're perfect.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
More like...Rashaad Money

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Benny the Snake posted:

More like...Rashaad Money

Hell yeah

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
More like Rashad twentyfivecents

Because hes only good for one quarter.

But seriously good we kept the game competitive with the Rams. Hopefully we snag a wildcard

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

algebra testes posted:

More like Rashad twentyfivecents

Because hes only good for one quarter.

But seriously good we kept the game competitive with the Rams. Hopefully we snag a wildcard

Almost certainly need to beat the Packers, Panthers, and Vikings. Not much more room for error.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Fire Schotty

Fire Carroll

Fire Schneider

Sell the team to Bezos and let him clean house. I don't care anymore. I'm beyond mad, I'm livid.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Benny the Snake posted:

Fire Schotty

Fire Carroll

Fire Schneider

Sell the team to Bezos and let him clean house. I don't care anymore. I'm beyond mad, I'm livid.

:allears:

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Please do that, and maybe also move on from Russell Wilson. I have no good reason to still be rooting specifically against the Seahawks, especially against LA teams, and yet there’s never really been solid closure of the rivalry years so I feel required to keep doing it.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

shirts and skins posted:

Almost certainly need to beat the Packers, Panthers, and Vikings. Not much more room for error.

We will probably lose to the Panthers and I expect one surprise loss from the Packers or Vikings. Also might lose to the Cards.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Feeling sad about Cooper Kupp

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Its Rinaldo posted:

We will probably lose to the Panthers and I expect one surprise loss from the Packers or Vikings. Also might lose to the Cards.

I don't think the Seahawks losing to the Packers or Vikings would surprise anyone. Panthers or Cards, certainly. Here's hoping!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Benny the Snake posted:

Fire Schotty

Fire Carroll

Fire Schneider

Oh, poor you.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
meanwhile from the land of perpetual optimism

https://twitter.com/AZCardinals/status/1061762011976077318

He got the last attainable record today, so I do not expect him to return next season.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Qwijib0 posted:

meanwhile from the land of perpetual optimism

https://twitter.com/AZCardinals/status/1061762011976077318

He got the last attainable record today, so I do not expect him to return next season.

The right direction being retirement :dance:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Feeling sad about Cooper Kupp

McVay said it doesn't look good. They''ll know for sure tomorrow. Bummer deal.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

This just isn't going to be Seattle's year. :sigh:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

kensei posted:

This just isn't going to be Seattle's year. :sigh:

Brian Schottenheimer

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Benny the Snake posted:

Fire Schotty

Fire Carroll

Fire Schneider

You are a petulant baby

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Seahawks would probably be a six win team right now if they had an above average OC.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Playing the tiniest violin possible for the TFF Seahawks fans.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Ehh, as far as losses go, it wasn't really that bad. We've shown that we can just about keep one of the best teams in football honest, and that's a lot better than it was looking at the start of the season. Nobody was expecting great things out of this seahawks squad this year, so going toe to toe with the Rams and having a sniff at a wildcard spot is a pleasant surprise.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/halleberry/status/1061746191728291840

Lindsey Thiry posted:

LOS ANGELES -- Rams quarterback Jared Goff hoped that when coach Sean McVay relayed the "Halle Berry" playcall Sunday that the stadium would be quiet enough for it to be heard on TV -- and for the actress herself to hear it.

Mission accomplished.

Goff became a giddy kid when told in the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum locker room following the Rams' 36-31 victory over the Seattle Seahawks that Berry tweeted about his pre-snap shoutout.

"Wait, hold on, are you serious?" Goff said. "She heard it!"

Goff quickly searched for Berry's tweet, then grew increasingly animated as he showed it to teammates and coaches.

"It's so funny," Goff said. "The thing is, when (McVay) called it, I was like, 'It's so quiet right now, this is going to get on TV.'"

Goff would not reveal the details of the play but said to check with McVay, who was responsible for naming it. McVay would not disclose why the play was named after Berry, given the reason is likely tied to the design of the play.

But the coach did say that if Berry was asking, to tell the Oscar-winning actress that it certainly was meant as a compliment.

"She's a very attractive woman that players know," McVay said. "And it's related to the play."

The play resulted in an eight-yard pass from Goff to tight end Tyler Higbee.

Previous audibles from Goff:

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/931160397465423872

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

:love:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Enjoy that extra week off after the bye Aaron

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1061848369537187840

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

We took one of the 3 best teams in football to the final drive, twice. I feel good. :shrug: