Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1060507675002368000

moostaffa fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Nov 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

20K votes aren't gonna close that gap, unfortunately :(
I'm not a mathlete, but doing some quick head math, it seems very possible if those 20k votes break for Gillum even a little.

[Edit: Since I don't really support cat taxes, I'm paying the dog tax for this page]

Slugworth fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Nov 8, 2018

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hellblazer187 posted:

Is there a political way out for our country? I keep thinking it's going to come down to violence. I don't want that, I'm not advocating that. But when one side just decides that truth doesn't matter, only power does, it sets us down a path I'm not sure how we escape. I don't know that our divisions can be healed. It's worrying and I don't know where to talk about it or if I'm even supposed to talk about it.
Wouldn't violence escalate into guerilla-style civil war with nukes potentially involved?

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
I know my first instinct is to charge an armed gunman at the drop of a hat, no matter the situation

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Slugworth posted:

I'm not a mathlete, but doing some quick head math, it seems very possible if those 20k votes break for Abrams even a little.

I guarantee you none of those votes are for Abrams, seeing as she was the candidate in a different state.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

This kind of poo poo really is a good example of the creeping, corrupting effect that violent culture has on people's thinking. The fact this guy thinks for a second that's plausible or realistic is the direct effect of him having watched every loving stupid action movie made in the last 15 years.

Oh active shooter? Just go bullet time and run along the wall and split kick the gun out of his hand. Maybe you'll get shot in the shoulder but its fine

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Grouchio posted:

Wouldn't violence escalate into guerilla-style civil war with nukes potentially involved?

Probably! I don't see how that's escable long term unless we simply lie down for the fascists.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Hellblazer187 posted:

I guarantee you none of those votes are for Abrams, seeing as she was the candidate in a different state.
Ha, sorry, early morning brain broke.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/shaun_jen/status/1056612740700217344

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Slugworth posted:

Ha, sorry, early morning brain broke.

It's OK I'm just being lovely, and obviously I'm having my own type of early morning brokebrain

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Hellblazer187 posted:

Is there a political way out for our country? I keep thinking it's going to come down to violence. I don't want that, I'm not advocating that. But when one side just decides that truth doesn't matter, only power does, it sets us down a path I'm not sure how we escape. I don't know that our divisions can be healed. It's worrying and I don't know where to talk about it or if I'm even supposed to talk about it.

This was always true, it just used to be hidden under a veneer of decorum or simply not exposed like it is now by modern media.

What do you think the Jim Crow south was like, which is literally in living memory? Cops killing unarmed black people isn't new, the visibility is. poo poo, the KKK almost literally took over the Indiana state government at one point. I mean the literally wearing costumes one.

poo poo has always been hosed, you're just less sheltered from it now. The struggle to unfuck America has always been necessary. It's just harder to hide from it now.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Don't call the cops, just Matrix Bullet Time dodge all the shots and then break his neck like Seagal

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
God drat this stupid loving country.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Hellblazer187 posted:

This is the line of thought that keeps me up at night. I keep telling myself incremental change is going to work - voter rights laws, the felon enfranchisement in Florida - but I have a real hard time believing it sometimes.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

sean10mm posted:

This was always true, it just used to be hidden under a veneer of decorum or simply not exposed like it is now by modern media.

What do you think the Jim Crow south was like, which is literally in living memory? Cops killing unarmed black people isn't new, the visibility is. poo poo, the KKK almost literally took over the Indiana state government.

poo poo has always been hosed, you're just less sheltered from it now. The struggle to unfuck America has always been necessary. It's just harder to hide from it now.

This is of course true. I guess it just feels like we're getting closer and closer to armed conflict again.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
My favorite talking point is the armed guard thing because shooting under stress is not in any way shape or form similar to qualifying at a range or target shooting.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Hellblazer187 posted:

There is a political way out of our country. Start volunteering with your local political party and support progressive candidates. Right now, your vote is not enough to change things. What we need now is your time and within reason, your money. Spend it volunteering, canvassing, phone-banking, raising money for future and current campaigns, and support the DSA. State houses are especially vulnerable when candidates get a whole lot of volunteer support and donations because the federal machine just...doesn't spend on them.

This week:
  • 2 Muslim women won office and will be taking their oath of office on the Quran. (I plan to watch this live because watching Mike Pence touch a Quran is going to be delicious)
  • Several openly gay candidates won office across the country.
  • 13 Black women became state court judges, ousting a whole slew of chuddites from the Texas Courts.
  • 40 Percent of Black men won their right to vote back in Florida.
  • An independent commission was voted in to oversee redistricting in Colorado
  • Weed legalization was passed in multiple states ensuring that POC will no longer be tossed in jail for possession(I mean, granted, coppers will try, but I am taking the victory)
  • Laws protecting transgender people were upheld in MA
  • Districts that had no business being flipped were flipped this election
  • Maryland became the 18th State to allow same-day registration

All of this was done politically. All of this was done through the hard work of everyday people who donated their time and money to make a change. There is a way out. It is to get up off our asses and getting in the trenches to fight the good fight. Trump is a wake-up call. He is what happens when citizens do not protect their democratic rights as citizens through vigilance and action. We bloodied the fascists this week, it is time to keep throwing punches.

friendbot2000 fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Nov 8, 2018

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I don't know why y'all are complaining about conservatives thinking they can and should try to rush active shooters.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
We should just make all our buildings out of guns. That way if this happens, just grab one off the wall and go after the shooter.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Your Taint posted:

We should just make all our buildings out of guns. That way if this happens, just grab one off the wall and go after the shooter.

babies with guns was just the first step. i'm thinking animals with guns. mass shooting happens, don't worry, pigeon swoops in and blows that man away, day is saved everybody party. bosh!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hellblazer187 posted:

I don't know why y'all are complaining about conservatives thinking they can and should try to rush active shooters.

Conservatives are loving shitheads but I still don't want them actively dead.

I want them alive to witness gay space communism, which will be fueled by their tears.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

friendbot2000 posted:

There is a political way out of our country. Start volunteering with your local political party and support progressive candidates. Right now, your vote is not enough to change things. What we need now is your time and within reason, your money. Spend it volunteering, canvassing, phone-banking, raising money for future and current campaigns, and support the DSA. State houses are especially vulnerable when candidates get a whole lot of volunteer support and donations because the federal machine just...doesn't spend on them.

This week:
  • 2 Muslim women won office and will be taking their oath of office on the Quran. (I plan to watch this live because watching Mike Pence touch a Quran is going to be delicious)
  • Several openly gay candidates won office across the country.
  • 13 Black women became state court judges, ousting a whole slew of chuddites from the Texas Courts.
  • 40 Percent of Black men won their right to vote back in Florida.
  • An independent commission was voted in to oversee redistricting in Colorado
  • Weed legalization was passed in multiple states ensuring that POC will no longer be tossed in jail for possession(I mean, granted, coppers will try, but I am taking the victory)
  • Laws protecting transgender people were upheld in MA
  • Districts that had no business being flipped were flipped this election
  • Maryland became the 18th State to allow same-day registration

All of this was done politically. All of this was done through the hard work of everyday people who donated their time and money to make a change. There is a way out. It is to get up off our asses and getting in the trenches to fight the good fight. Trump is a wake-up call. He is what happens when citizens do not protect their democratic rights as citizens through vigilance and action. We bloodied the fascists this week, it is time to keep throwing punches.

Do you really believe the incremental back and forth will eventually defeat the fascists?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hellblazer187 posted:

Do you really believe the incremental back and forth will eventually defeat the fascists?

Do you really believe whining about how it's never enough will?

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Once again a “good guy with a gun “ ends up dead because who loving knew being in a god drat fire fight is hard?

And my Facebook is full of ex-military (marines) friends who should know better and think “nah bro if there’s an active shooter I’m busting out my glock and going all tactical!”

No, no your not. You’ll end up dead or getting someone else killed in the process because you are in a school/movie theater/club not patrolling Baghdad.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

u first

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)
I mean he isn't wrong, if humanity had a hive mind and could coordinate movements in a way to suddenly and quickly smother a threat. except most humans are human and while one guy remembers this advice and runs at the gunman, getting his chest cavity blown out in the process, everyone else is already climbing out the windows.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Arist posted:

Do you really believe whining about how it's never enough will?

This isn't helpful dude.

Hellblazer187 posted:

Fascists can only be defeated if the other side stays perpetually vigilant and shining a light into where they hide. Fascism can only exist in the dark and they do not fight fair because, at its core, fascism is a cowards ideology. They only fight when it is 3 to 1. The mistake is to think that it can never happen here. The reality Americans are waking up to is that it can happen ANYWHERE. You just have to fight and keep fighting.

This election was not incremental change either. This was huge changes across the board that will be felt into the coming decades. Take heart friend and take up arms against those that would step on your neck. (Arms in the sense of get active in local politics)

If anyone wants to do something or get involved, your local union or state party office is a good place to start volunteering.

friendbot2000 fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Nov 8, 2018

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Paracaidas posted:

Single word veto

LOL I remember finding that out in a government class and the entire room going :stare: for a second.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Hey remember 12 hours ago when several people in this thread wanted the dems to back off gun control?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Xand_Man posted:

LOL I remember finding that out in a government class and the entire room going :stare: for a second.

The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Hell, even better, just shoot the guy with your own gun since liberals and leftists should start arming themselves as suggested by Hellblazer187.

Because who needs gun control when you can adopt a pro-gun, pro-life platform to entice rural voters?

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

This may have been shared already, but Maine will be going to instant runoff rounds with their new election system. It looks like there will be two runoff rounds, since the last place vote tally isn't enough to secure 50%.

This is the future. If only anyone in either two major parties wanted this future and would move us in this direction.

https://bangordailynews.com/2018/11/07/politics/maines-toss-up-2nd-district-appears-headed-to-a-ranked-choice-count/

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

In Italy they call this "armiamoci e partite", which is tough to translate in English as the subjects of each action is implied. Roughly: "Let's arm (ourselves) and (you guys) go fight"

Also, Handel just conceded to McBath.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

canepazzo posted:

In Italy they call this "armiamoci e partite", which is tough to translate in English as the subjects of each action is implied. Roughly: "Let's arm (ourselves) and (you guys) go fight"

Also, Handel just conceded to McBath.

Good. gently caress Karen Handel. Makes me wonder why Ossoff couldn't pull it off a while back though...

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Good. gently caress Karen Handel. Makes me wonder why Ossoff couldn't pull it off a while back though...

Because his commercial had him playing with his phone, obviously showing off how liberals don't get it

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Xand_Man posted:

Lmfao no loving way, what the hell? Is this seriously as dumb as it sounds?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Ossoff was a bad, uninspiring candidate no matter how much liquid cash was shoveled into his campaign.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/NinaHarrelsonTV/status/1060520417377566721

guessing its an incel or some sort of chud type.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Generally a safe bet but we don't really have a lot of information right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Radish posted:

Ossoff was a bad, uninspiring candidate no matter how much liquid cash was shoveled into his campaign.

I think the best way I heard it put is Ossoff was the distilled essence made real of a Chamber of Commerce commercial for Georgia.