Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Arist posted:

Generally a safe bet but we don't really have a lot of information right now.

oh i know, but the age and the "moms car" feels right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

The mom's car is probably a giveaway on that one but it's really too little info to go by.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hellblazer187 posted:

I don't know why y'all are complaining about conservatives thinking they can and should try to rush active shooters.

Cause what if it works, there will be so much egg on our face

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

GoutPatrol posted:

Hey remember 12 hours ago when several people in this thread wanted the dems to back off gun control?

It's illegal to bring guns into bars

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

raverrn posted:

This is the line of thought that keeps me up at night. I keep telling myself incremental change is going to work - voter rights laws, the felon enfranchisement in Florida - but I have a real hard time believing it sometimes.

Reform might improve the material circumstances of some people in the short term, but capitalism must face a crisis and/or collapse for any meaningful change.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://twitter.com/KaivanShroff/status/1060381416012369920

I realize this guy is 100% right, but I like that the way he does it makes this look like one of those insane magic bullet film analysis things

back, and to the left. back, and to the left

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ban guns.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

You see I know I am a gun victim in advance before I get shot.
So I know that I will run towards the gunner.
To make his life better and easier, so he can kill more than myself.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Blitz7x posted:

It's illegal to bring guns into bars

It's illegal to bring your guns into most places.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Gonna be an incel, I can feel it in my bones.

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013

GoutPatrol posted:

They need "gun parks," where guns can play with each other safely while the owners smile and brag about them.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Why do they keep going after country music fans?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

GoutPatrol posted:

Yeah, that's why it should be illegal to own a gun

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Dammit_Carl! posted:

They need "gun parks," where guns can play with each other safely while the owners smile and brag about them.

This is basically every shooting range.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Sky News (so grain of salt etc.) are saying

quote:

Witnesses described the suspect as being a Middle Eastern man in his early 20s with a beard, wearing all black with a hood and his face partly covered.

https://news.sky.com/story/multiple-people-shot-as-gunman-opens-fire-in-california-bar-11547848

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

kidkissinger posted:

Reform might improve the material circumstances of some people in the short term, but capitalism must face a crisis and/or collapse for any meaningful change.

Granted, it very may well be that capitalism is already experiencing a crisis and the result will be heavy-handed authoritarianism until that ideology completely fails. Otherwise, you are looking at piecemeal victories here and there that probably won't lead to a different economic result. Would the Democrats be willing to get rid of the Trump tax cuts wholesale?

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
So could the governor edit out stuff like the word “not” and completely reverse the meaning of a sentence?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

CubanMissile posted:

Trying to set off the race war. If they escaped they were going to leave some rap CD's laying around.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

thanks Scalia and the other moronic ideologues for making it impossible to ban handguns.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Groovelord Neato posted:

thanks Scalia and the other moronic ideologues for making it impossible to ban handguns.

There is in fact a blood price that would finally ban handguns in the US, but unfortunately I think its around 450 million deaths, so by the time we reach it the problem should have solved itself.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
MSNBC is saying a (wait for it) WHITE male.

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1060526495897137153

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CubanMissile posted:

Country music bar, college night, is going to get a lot of young females.

If he was an incel (his second target was a female bartender) then that'd be a good place to go.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

theres reports of him being white, hispanic, middle eastern and asian so far. no reports of him being black yet

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

This CNN reporter ban thing using doctored video as an excuse makes me think back to the press guys comforting a crying Sanders after her roasting by Wolfe and laugh.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I feel pretty bad about joking about Jim Acosta shooting people now

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

corn in the bible posted:

https://twitter.com/KaivanShroff/status/1060381416012369920

I realize this guy is 100% right, but I like that the way he does it makes this look like one of those insane magic bullet film analysis things

back, and to the left. back, and to the left

Honestly, it’s not even the appropriatation of MeToo and etc that makes me the most mad in this case. It’s the obvious child like cynicism of the attempt at gaslighting that gets me the most.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
How on the nose that we're simultaneously talking about gun violence and Karen Handel conceding to Lucy McBath, whose son was murdered by a white man for playing rap music too loud.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Once again a “good guy with a gun “ ends up dead because who loving knew being in a god drat fire fight is hard?

And my Facebook is full of ex-military (marines) friends who should know better and think “nah bro if there’s an active shooter I’m busting out my glock and going all tactical!”

No, no your not. You’ll end up dead or getting someone else killed in the process because you are in a school/movie theater/club not patrolling Baghdad.

They got people killed in Baghdad too but those people were Iraqi civilians and nobody gave a gently caress except everyone kept wondering where all these drat insurgents kept coming from.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

FizFashizzle posted:

a lot of young females

:chloe:

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

GoutPatrol posted:

Hey remember 12 hours ago when several people in this thread wanted the dems to back off gun control?
I mean, it was in the context of "how do we win the Senate in KY or GA".

I mean, I don't agree, but it's not a crazy argument.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Called it. It's usually more likely an incel/chud than anything these days.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mahoning posted:

How on the nose that we're simultaneously talking about gun violence and Karen Handel conceding to Lucy McBath, whose son was murdered by a white man for playing rap music too loud.

Oh poo poo, I wasn't too aware of that race, McBath was the woman who ran after her son's murder as a representative of Black Lives Matter? That's great, good for her.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Honestly, it’s not even the appropriatation of MeToo and etc that makes me the most mad in this case. It’s the obvious child like cynicism of the attempt at gaslighting that gets me the most.

Like, ever since 2016 this gaggle of fuckwads has been spewing bullshit excuses and spin that is at least plausible in some universe, where there's always some kind of cover like "the president never said X" or "He was referring to this other situation when he said Y" or "The crowds only look small because

... okay, no, there's nothing different about this from the crowd size thing, is there?

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
The rush to figure out if a mass shooting can somehow enforce your sociopolitical ideology is pretty loving disgusting.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Dapper_Swindler posted:

For me it's not only that they had the balls to claim something you can clearly see didn't happen on video, but that it worked and now chuds are saying he karate chopped this lady and they're making memes about it. I want to believe all these tweets are bots or chuds concern trolling, but it's possible they actually would think the sky is purple if Trump told them it was.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Mahoning posted:

Wait what? Seriously? What's the full story on this? I don't trust Google to provide me an accurate news report.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Devor posted:

The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

Yeah. Being able to do single word veto with the Constitution would be pretty hilarious. Instead, you have to rig the judiciary to come up with stupid legal arguments and make them caselaw.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Arist posted:

Oh poo poo, I wasn't too aware of that race, McBath was the woman who ran after her son's murder as a representative of Black Lives Matter? That's great, good for her.

Yeah, and there is a documentary about the shooting if anyone is interested. It's on HBO and called 3.5 Minutes, 10 Bullets.

Pacra posted:

Wait what? Seriously? What's the full story on this? I don't trust Google to provide me an accurate news report.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Jordan_Davis

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Withnail posted:

The rush to figure out if a mass shooting can somehow enforce your sociopolitical ideology is pretty loving disgusting.

Yes assuming that yet another Chud went off the loving deep end seems like a real awful assumption :jerkbag:

twice burned ice fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Nov 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Pacra posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Jordan_Davis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucy_McBath