Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Healbot posted:

Followers get important later on when you get their legendaries to make them immortal and share damage through the Unity ring.

Didn't know about that. I guess it's more of a Torment* thing though?

Honestly another reason for me is that I just didn't really like them a lot :v: Also that I prefer running around alone but I guess if I'm gonna be a necromancer and have dozens of skeletons, what's one more skeleton (with some extra bits)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Star Allies is great and I’m glad they’ve been adding all this content.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Does anyone know if there exists some kind of streaming station or channel or whatever that streams Animal Crossing time-of-day music 24/7, in sync with an actual real world clock? I know there's a Youtube playlist but Youtube no longer autoplays videos if the tab is in the background, and since that's normally my preferred behavior for the site, I don't want to change it just for this.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Someone earlier mentioned not liking the Nadir ship in Starlink because of its asymmetry, kinda funny because that's exactly why I like it and bought the physical model. While the rest of the ships are kinda generic, it really goes full hog on the scarred and patched up pirate ship look.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Argue posted:

Does anyone know if there exists some kind of streaming station or channel or whatever that streams Animal Crossing time-of-day music 24/7, in sync with an actual real world clock? I know there's a Youtube playlist but Youtube no longer autoplays videos if the tab is in the background, and since that's normally my preferred behavior for the site, I don't want to change it just for this.

this might work for you

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Brother Entropy posted:

this might work for you

How long until my co-worker murders me?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Frankston posted:

Weren't there rumours of a Direct happening today?

Pretty sure the rumors were of a youtube app dropping today.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Commissar Ken posted:

Pretty sure the rumors were of a youtube app dropping today.

Both are rumored.

I don't think there will be a direct just one of those spotlight videos Nintendo randomly drops sometimes

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
Pretty sure Wavebird is the best name for a controller ever.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Anyone know if Skyforce runs well? I really enjoyed it on ios, and its been long enough since I've played it that it would seem fresh again

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Anyone know if Skyforce runs well? I really enjoyed it on ios, and its been long enough since I've played it that it would seem fresh again

It ran well on the Wii U, so I'd say the odds are good.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

irlZaphod posted:

Arcade Archives Urban Champion - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The mean streets have a new force to deal with: you! Don't let the big, bad bully of the neighborhood push you around! Find out if you have what it takes to make it on the rough city streets against the toughest brawlers around. Use a combination of punches to knock your opponent backward into an open manhole before time expires. If you fall, a shower of confetti will celebrate your enemy's victory - leaving you with your wounded pride. Watch out for angry neighbors who will attempt to drop flowerpots on your head. The police will also make an occasional appearance to temporarily break up the fight - or to make an arrest if time runs out. Spar against a computer bully or a friend and prove your worth in becoming the Urban Champion!

I'm excited. :geno:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Well according to Hamster's Twitter, it's coming out this week, but it's not on either the NOA or NOE web shop yet.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If the neighbors are trying to stop you and celebrate your defeat, maybe YOU are the bully

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Anyone tried Moonlighter yet? Seeing/hearing good things about it. Looks chill enough to replace Stardew Valley for me.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

On Terra Firma posted:

Anyone tried Moonlighter yet? Seeing/hearing good things about it. Looks chill enough to replace Stardew Valley for me.

Its extremely chill but thats because there isnt really much pushing you forward or penalties. The shop basically just runs itself and never changes or require any real work and the dungeons can be done as much as you please and arent hard, nor does getting kicked out of one carry any real penalty. The story doesnt exist until the ending.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Re: Star Allies: I picked it up a few weeks ago without really know the extent of the content so I'd have some fun and casual to co-op. Was a little surprised at how brief it felt, but it's rad they're adding more.

Question about the final boss: I noticed in co-op if we synchronized our shots we'd get a laser beam. Do you just get it automatically while playing solo with ai, or is it purely a bonus for actually playing with someone else?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm trying to think of a worse Black Box NES game, and I can't. I really can't. You could make the argument for Soccer or Baseball, but I really feel that there's more going on there than with Urban Champion.

I hate that game so much, and like most kids who had an NES growing up, I played a poo poo-ton of it, because I was dumb and easily amused :negative:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
From all I hear Moonlighter is a shittier version of Recettear.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This isn't some lovely black box NES game.

This is a lovely ARCADE game. Totally different.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

This isn't some lovely black box NES game.

This is a lovely ARCADE game. Totally different.

Fair enough, but my point still stands with regards to Urban Champion for the NES.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
This appears to be coming to the US now

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1060547550854426625

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

good deal

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I got Mario Party for $48 and my Joy Cons for $62. So I paid a $10 premium to get the game early I guess.

That's a steal if you still have Gamers Club Unlocked though

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Oxyclean posted:

Question about the final boss: I noticed in co-op if we synchronized our shots we'd get a laser beam. Do you just get it automatically while playing solo with ai, or is it purely a bonus for actually playing with someone else?

It's a bonus. Otherwise the other players wouldn't have anything much to do in that fight.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

I'm a new Switch owner, and those Arcade Archives games caught my eye. What's the quality on these ports?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'm a new Switch owner, and those Arcade Archives games caught my eye. What's the quality on these ports?

Very very good. Lots of love and effort put into them.

If you are used to the actual arcade machines, there is some minor input lag that you will notice. Otherwise, they're pretty much arcade perfect.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

CYBEReris posted:

my copy's still on the way but if it's anything like diablo ii the gear you have and the build you use can make a ridiculously massive difference between the game being a playable but tedious slog vs. an enjoyable romp

What game is your avatar from?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
I felt kind of underwhelmed by Blossom Tales.
Next year there will be a kickstarted game called Hazelnut Bastille, which looks to scratch that LttP itch.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

What the the Switch charger that won't blow up your Switch? I may need to get something like that to stash at work in the Post-Smash world?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Youtube finally available.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Healbot posted:

Followers get important later on when you get their legendaries to make them immortal and share damage through the Unity ring.

Ohhhhhhhhhh.... I feel silly for salvaging that ring last night now.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I’m upgrading my old rear end downstairs TV and surround sound receiver this month and I know the Switch is fickle with surround sound. Does anyone have a list of decent surround sound receivers that work with the switch for 5.1?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Lord_Hambrose posted:

What the the Switch charger that won't blow up your Switch? I may need to get something like that to stash at work in the Post-Smash world?

Do not use anything but the official Nintendo charger with the Dock. Non-official chargers are fine if you're plugging them into the tablet itself to charge, just get a recognizable brand with good reviews like Anker.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Youtube's out for anyone who was interested.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

irlZaphod posted:

This week's drop (all releases Nov 8, unless otherwise stated).

Mercenaries Wings: The False Phoenix - $12.99 / £11.89 / €12.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Mercenaries Wings: The False Phoenix challenges your tactical nous across a lengthy and challenging campaign. The Kingdom of Dryden has an incredible history thanks to the story of a Phoenix facing down enemies generations ago; now, buoyed by that legacy, King Harold continually seeks conflict. Follow the tale of a band of mercenaries, working for coin but then challenged to consider whether their actions, and those of King Harold, are what is best for the land. What follows is a story of war, betrayal, magical lore and redemption for a nation! A tactical RPG in the finest traditions of the genre, Mercenaries Wings: The False Phoenix requires you to carefully utilise varied units and their abilities. Set Leaders to change the flow of battle, level up your units, change classes, manage equipment and make the key choices that will be the difference between victory and defeat! An adventure that will take many hours to complete, Mercenaries Wings: The False Phoenix will challenge even the most careful strategists.

World of Final Fantasy Maxima - $39.99 / £34.99 / €39.99 (Nov 6)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY comes to Nintendo Switch as the powered-up FINAL FANTASY Maxima! Beloved characters from FF lore (Champions) and a multitude of capturable monsters (Mirages) appear in this fun and exciting adventure. This new and enhanced version of WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY also features the Avatar Change system, which allows the protagonists, Reynn and Lann, to fight as Champions. Fight your way through exhilarating battles as legendary FINAL FANTASY heroes!

Mercenaries story was worth $12, so I will probably spring $12 on this as well.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If you're so inclined, the Japanese eShop now has a preorder up for the Senran Kagura pinball game. It's a full price release unlike Reflexions. There's a 10% discount for preorders. 4800 yen for the base version.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

creationist believer posted:

Do not use anything but the official Nintendo charger with the Dock. Non-official chargers are fine if you're plugging them into the tablet itself to charge, just get a recognizable brand with good reviews like Anker.

Cool thanks. What other possible way could you use a charger though?

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

squirrelzipper posted:

Yeah on my necro I have a legendary that makes it so I get two skeleton wizard for each summon and another that summons 5 little black skeletons after a massacre. I have a loving army of skeletal death dealers and its silly and fun.

OMG I Hate you. I have been grinding for this ring since the game launched and have spent like 10s of thousands of shards on it from the vendor and still not gotten it. I do, though, have all the other rings I guess :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Cool thanks. What other possible way could you use a charger though?

If you're taking the system on the go in portable mode, you can use a USB charger on the system itself. That's fine whether you're using the official charger or a (reputable) USB or AC charger.

You just shouldn't connect any other type of charger to the dock itself, due to the power requirements of docked mode.