Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

OhFunny posted:

Maine’s 2nd District has Poliquin (R) ~600 votes ahead of Golden (D) both at 46% of the vote with two independents at 6% and 2% with a total of 21k votes between them.

Marine has ranked choice voting for the first time this year so we'll see which way those 21k votes fall.

Looks like one of the independents has a great future as a centrist Democrat if he chooses to stay in politics and compete in the primaries

https://votehoar.com/issues/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Mandoric posted:

Looks like one of the independents has a great future as a centrist Democrat if he chooses to stay in politics and compete in the primaries

https://votehoar.com/issues/

lol who came up with that domain name

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

the bitcoin of weed posted:

this all seems totally legitimate and fine. I'm sure the psychotic racist isn't trying to abuse his office to win an election THIS time

this is weird

i mean hanlons razor and all but what is to be gained here by making GBS threads it onto the open internet

is this like when official campaigns would take a bunch of raw video of a candidate and then dump it onto youtube so superpacs could edit up their own commercials

who could use this information and for what

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/BigDogClub/status/1060281621570617350?s=19

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Taco Duck posted:

Cibola county is still counting 700 ballots. Xoch won Cibola by 63 percent. Also theres about 1000 provisional ballots in Dona Ana to count on top of the 8000 absentee ones.

:pray:

Thanks in advance to the 54.1% of eligible NM voters that actually bothered to cast a vote this year for making this a contest.

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Crakkerjakk posted:

C'mon, money.

I saw the 1030 statement that they were still counting. Did they mention when they'd have another update?

I'm pretty happy with how thoroughly NM voters kicked in the teeth of the Reps this time around. Pearce's former seat going blue would be the cherry on top.

I haven't heard about any planned updates. Dona Ana has said they wont report the results of the 8000 votes until all of them have been counted. Cibola is just straight up doing a hand count at this point. God knows how many of the 1000 provisional ballots will be deemed fit to qualify.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

america deserved 9/11

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Taco Duck posted:

I haven't heard about any planned updates. Dona Ana has said they wont report the results of the 8000 votes until all of them have been counted. Cibola is just straight up doing a hand count at this point. God knows how many of the 1000 provisional ballots will be deemed fit to qualify.

Apparently there's an automatic recount at anything that's within 0.25%, and there's a decent chance if percentages for those counties stay roughly the same that the result is that close (depending on the provisional ballots).

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Another R seat got flipped today here in NJ after the rest of the votes finished getting counted.

grats to Andy Kim

The Ol Spicy Keychain has issued a correction as of 02:01 on Nov 8, 2018

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

DryGoods posted:

beto just high-fived a cardboard cutout of hillary

texas made the right choice

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

oh my god

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

Another R seat got flipped today here in NJ after the rest of the votes finished getting counted.

grats to Andy Kim

For reference this was the incumbent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ode_CdR97HY

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
The most surprising news of the night for me was that our lovely long time incumbent "tough on crime" sheriff in Hennepin Country, MN (which includes Minneapolis) lost his race to my friend's husband. I thought I was just supporting a friend in a protest vote against a guy I hate but he actually pulled it off.

Serf
May 5, 2011

amazing that they had to "find" some more votes to beat this man

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

Californians decisively defeated rent control what the gently caress dudes

california actually sucks

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Results just came back on Torres Small. NM-2 just flipped to Dems. Whole state representation is now solid blue.

And at 50.69%, so no recount.

99,435 Torres Small, 96,711 Herrell

Crakkerjakk has issued a correction as of 03:00 on Nov 8, 2018

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
beto did pretty well all things considered right

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i don't get why trump is mad this seems like a good result for him? i would have thought he would've been shouting through cupped hands how much better this was than OBUMMER's midterms

i mean is it just that he is an insane orange clown?? either way chaos reigns

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

he genuinely believed in the red wave

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Crakkerjakk posted:

Results just came back on Torres Small. NM-2 just flipped to Dems. Whole state representation is now solid blue.

Hell yes

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

https://aflcio.org/pressreleases/afl-cio-statement-scott-walker-defeat

quote:

Statement by AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka in response to Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker’s re-election defeat:

Scott Walker was a national disgrace.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Zokari posted:

i am glad not winning bigly enough is the worm that broke donalds brain

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Zokari posted:

Yeah he really helped a ton of blue candidates downballot

Also said ‘gently caress’ on national television

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

cargo cult posted:

beto did pretty well all things considered right

Pointed the way forward for Texas Democrats and dragged a bunch of downballot candidates across the finish line. It was a good night for Texas Dems, just didn't get all the way to greatness.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

MaxxBot posted:

The most surprising news of the night for me was that our lovely long time incumbent "tough on crime" sheriff in Hennepin Country, MN (which includes Minneapolis) lost his race to my friend's husband. I thought I was just supporting a friend in a protest vote against a guy I hate but he actually pulled it off.

Hutch seems like a decent sort, for a cop, especially compared to Stanek. I'm glad he won.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

Californians decisively defeated rent control what the gently caress dudes

at least SF (and most big cities probably, but SF is the only combined city/county) voted for it, which makes sense seeing as half of the population would be evicted without it...the only county that did lol

Agean90 posted:

california actually sucks

there were some good results in CA, like rohrbacher losing and affordable housing funds and homeless services and better standards for farm animals were all approved

then theres the extremely good stuff like rejecting expanded rent control, and ensuring that EMTs never can have a break so that big corporations can save a buck, and rejecting public banking in LA, and allowing dialysis clinics to continue to price gouge people lmao :ca:

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Serf posted:

amazing that they had to "find" some more votes to beat this man

That district is extremely succ and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it flips back to republican in 2020.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Rah! posted:

at least SF (and most big cities probably, but SF is the only combined city/county) voted for it, which makes sense seeing as half of the population would be evicted without it...the only county that did lol

there were some good results in CA, like rohrbacher losing and affordable housing funds and homeless services and better standards for farm animals were all approved

then theres the extremely good stuff like rejecting expanded rent control, and ensuring that EMTs never can have a break so that big corporations can save a buck, and rejecting public banking in LA, and allowing dialysis clinics to continue to price gouge people lmao :ca:
CA also defeated an attempt at expanding boomer property tax privilege, so that's nice I guess.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Rah! posted:

hey at least theres some good. it aint over until you give up :)

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Highly intoxicated and think the US needs a House speaker named Xochitl

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Crakkerjakk posted:

:dance:

For anyone who doesn't know, this race was decided by quadruple the usual number of absentee ballots. Last night Xochitl was down by 1,970 votes, but the counters had to take an overnight break from counting absentee ballots, which numbered over 8,000.
https://www.lcsun-news.com/story/ne...ult/1925988002/

quote:

Doña Ana County Clerk Amanda López Askin told reporters on Wednesday that poll workers had counted nearly half the absentee ballots by the end of Tuesday night, but were exhibiting signs of fatigue as well as swollen hands. At that point, to ensure accuracy, the remaining ballots were secured for the night so work could resume Wednesday morning.

The county clerk explained that a preliminary tally of the absentee ballots was not possible Tuesday night because they all must be tabulated and reported as a batch, similar to a polling location.
[...]
Torres Small was the choice on 6,411 of the 8,250 absentee ballots, while Herrell captured 1,847 of the votes.

The secretary of state's office reports approximately 100 ballots remain to be hand-tallied along with approximately 1,000 provisional ballots.
[...]
Torres Small becomes the first woman to win the seat, and only the second Democrat. She replaces Republican Steve Pearce, who vacated the seat to run unsuccessfully for governor.
[...]
At approximately 8:45 p.m., the Herrell campaign issued a statement: "Last night, we heard from Xochitl Torres Small that it was extremely important that every vote be counted. This campaign believes that should be the case and we look forward to seeing the results from all provisional ballots throughout the district."

Senior campaign advisor Rob Burgess confirmed that the campaign was not conceding the election, and declined further comment.

One kind of odd twist on this race is Herrell is actually a Native American Republican.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
so apparently there are still something like 50k mail in and absentee ballots to count in CA 45 and the chud is only up by 5k votes so that actually has a decent chance of flipping

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

MaxxBot posted:

acab

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Love Stole the Day posted:

Remember the guy who had his brothers and sisters make an attack ad against him? Yeah he won in a landslide anyway

TRUMP

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1060509741598818307?s=19

how blatantly does an election need to be rigged before anyone will do anything about it? it owns having our entire system of government enforced through norms alone with no enforcement mechanisms at all

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

The Snoo posted:

I gave my rats some hazelnuts in the bottle shell and they're monching them extremely loudly. I love them

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

trash person posted:

know what I’m masturbating to tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Gringostar posted:

so apparently there are still something like 50k mail in and absentee ballots to count in CA 45 and the chud is only up by 5k votes so that actually has a decent chance of flipping

The vote across the entire state of California is maybe 60% in at this point. Mail-in ballots dropped off or received on or after election day (valid so long as postmarked by the 6th) all need to be counted. Realistically, we won't have even preliminary results until Monday. Young people often drop off their ballots on the day of, so the final sprint is usually pretty juiced. It's a California tradition to check the SoS website every day to see who is actually winning.