Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah he retired 4 days ago and then they announced this FFXV ANNOUNCEMENT! and the announcement was that FFXV is finally done lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lmbo

Oh well. The good news is they're going to continue supporting Comrades I guess?? I liked Comrades a lot. I'll prob dive back in when the standalone version comes out. Been wanting to play it lately, but couldn't really justify the 100gb install so I was waitin on the new dlc eps, which i guess now I'm only waiting for Ardyn

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i love that ff15 is on fire, the director leaves, they cancel 3 out of 4 dlcs, and because its ff15 they cant stop themselves and also announced a prequel anime to the prequel dlc

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It was probably going to be stupid but I was looking forward to a happy ending with episode Luna/ Noctis :(

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

In Training posted:

Yeah he retired 4 days ago and then they announced this FFXV ANNOUNCEMENT! and the announcement was that FFXV is finally done lol

loving lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Thank You Square Enix

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

at some point theyre just going to do this with the ff7 remake, aren't they?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

elf help book posted:

i love that ff15 is on fire, the director leaves, they cancel 3 out of 4 dlcs, and because its ff15 they cant stop themselves and also announced a prequel anime to the prequel dlc

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

FFXV had its time in the spotlight, so I guess it’s only fair that SquareEnix scrap its ending and leave it unfinished forever to move the money and resources to more important projects, like Tomb Raider reboot games no one buys and Tomb Raider reboot movies no one watches

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it sounds like they also cancelled tabatas new project after spending 3 billion yen building a new studio for it, probably why he left

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

Lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

It's crazy how they made a good new mainline FF game and sunk it in a mire of bad management fueled by greed. FFXV is a good game, it doesn't need 30 spinoffs. The world also doesn't need a FF7 remake but that didn't stop them from bleeding money into it.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Everything i hear about square corporate makes me wonder how they survived at all.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

FFXV had its time in the spotlight, so I guess it’s only fair that SquareEnix scrap its ending and leave it unfinished forever to move the money and resources to more important projects, like Tomb Raider reboot games no one buys and Tomb Raider reboot movies no one watches

At last, we can devote the appropriate marketing resources to getting the trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3 and 1/2: Goofy's Blitzball Memoryscape into every E3 presentation for 2019.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

Everything i hear about square corporate makes me wonder how they survived at all.

It makes me happy that they were smart enough to never gently caress with the DQ team.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Lol that FFXIV is now the best run part of Square.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

P-Mack posted:

the bravely/octopath guys regularly put out games on a budget of about $20

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

the bravely/octopath guys regularly put out games on a budget of about $20

the octopath team was slightly different, the bravely team is also presumably making bravely third for switch.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

P-Mack posted:

Dragon Quest team, who have clearly sequestered themselves in a monastery somewhere that the rest of Square-Enix can't find.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It's crazy how they made a good new mainline FF game and sunk it in a mire of bad management fueled by greed. FFXV is a good game, it doesn't need 30 spinoffs. The world also doesn't need a FF7 remake but that didn't stop them from bleeding money into it.

yeah, for all its issues, the gameplay for the base game in FFXV is actually pretty good. even if you're playing it as an utter completionist, the only grindy part of it is catching the rarer fish.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Dragon Quest team, who have clearly sequestered themselves in a monastery somewhere that the rest of Square-Enix can't find.

the World Tree branch of the corporation.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yeah, it's actually kind of good that Square management is too incompetent and disorganized to track down and infect them.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The AI companions die a lot on end game stuff, i didn't have the patience for the no potions twisted dungeon or whatever it was

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

how can you think square enix is poorly run when we're about to get 𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚌𝚘𝚋𝚘𝚜 𝚖𝚢𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚍𝚞𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚘𝚗 𝚘𝚗 𝚜𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In Training posted:

The AI companions die a lot on end game stuff, i didn't have the patience for the no potions twisted dungeon or whatever it was

That’s the part where I gave up. I don’t understand how its even doable and I was over level 100 at the time. Maybe I’m just a noob.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

Can’t wait to read about the upcoming SquareEnixKonami merger

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Square Enix owns too many profitable subsidiaries to realistically sabotage all of them. At this rate, they'll never finish this attempt at corporate suicide, already a decade long.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They should make a Spirits Within 2

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bongo Bill posted:

Square Enix owns too many profitable subsidiaries to realistically sabotage all of them. At this rate, they'll never finish this attempt at corporate suicide, already a decade long.

They could just start letting them all run free, like IO.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bongo Bill posted:

I wonder how their weird cafe is doing.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

I wonder how their weird cafe is doing.

it probably earns them a fortune since its in akihabara

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think Yuji Hori is basically the god of his own universe at this point and nobody is foolish enough to gently caress with him

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

goferchan posted:

I think Yuji Hori is basically the god of his own universe at this point and nobody is foolish enough to gently caress with him

its time

portopia 2

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

it probably earns them a fortune since its in akihabara

Square Enix to shift entirely to making different types of Moogle pancakes, i-phone ports of SNES-era FF games, and designing a single strand of chocobo hair for the FF7 remake for the next decade. Execs unable to stop Dragon Quest team from continuing to make video games.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

chocobo hair
What the gently caress

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"Ah, please excuse me, Nomura-san, I have not finished fully texturing the fur on this snake monster. After that I will begin modeling scales on all the horses." - Bicyclops

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

What the gently caress

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

"Ah, please excuse me, Nomura-san, I have not finished fully texturing the fur on this snake monster. After that I will begin modeling scales on all the horses." - Bicyclops

look here, smart guy, these two are the same species:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i admit that furiously googled midgardsormr to see if i could find one with hair before looking for those, and then i had to ask the judge for a recess to remember what the ff8 fish people were called

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm gonna puke