Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

NotWearingPants posted:

Sorry, not a lie:

“All my years being in the league, I never received more emotional mail from people than I did about that issue,” says Giants co-owner John Mara, who for 24 years has worked for the team his family founded. “If any of your players ever do that, we are never coming to another Giants game. It wasn’t one or two letters. It was a lot. It’s an emotional, emotional issue for a lot of people, moreso than any other issue I’ve run into.” - Giants owner John Mara explaining why they didn't bring in Kaepernick.

The Eagles have three quarterbacks better than any QBs on the Giants' roster. If they were in the Giants situation I'm pretty confident that they would bring in Kaepernick, just like they brought in Michael Vick when nobody else would.

If you want, blame it on Mara. He's the one blaming it on Giants fans.

Nope, an idiotic lie. The quote wasn't explaining not signing Kaepernick. It was saying he got a lot of letters. I support signing Kaep because he's better than Tanney, but anyone is going to get killed behind this line. The Giants didn't sign Kaep for stupid reasons, but not the stupid reasons you're citing.

Foles is unmitigated garbage and can't start for any team. The Philly media went crazy over Sudfeld because of a few third string reps. You're not the Rams, you're a mediocre team that got hot and is now back to Earth. This propaganda about how Sudfeld and Josh Adams can start for half the teams in the league is laughable.

Kim Jong Il fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Nov 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i refuse to believe john mara has read his own mail in the last 30 years

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
worst 5-2 team ever

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

"One of us, one of us" the Jets fans chanted.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Jota posted:

worst 5-2 team ever

More like worst 5-3 team ever :(

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
these motherfuckers

https://twitter.com/billy_penn/status/1059173551654273024

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Suck it, skins

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Kim Jong Il posted:

Foles is unmitigated garbage and can't start for any team.

The guy is a Pro Bowl MVP and a Super Bowl MVP. At an absolute minimum, that would make him mitigated garbage.

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss
Yeah Foles is probably your classic scheme quarterback. He's good enough to really shine in ideal conditions for his particular skillset. He's not a field general and he's not going to carry a team on his back for a whole season, but he's obviously a very competent passer when you can keep him comfortable. 27 TD - 3 INT and last year's playoffs show pretty clearly that he can play at a very high level at least some of the time. He's not super consistent like Brady and he's not great at making something out of nothing, but he's got a good, accurate arm and a decent read on the field most of the time. He'd be /awful/ on the Giants but not a lot of guys short of like, Randall Cunningham 25 years ago wouldn't be right now with that Oline.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Nick Foles is at least better than any QB the Bills poo poo out weekly

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Redskins announced three season-ending knees for Scherff, Lauvao and Richardson.

OneTruePecos
Oct 24, 2010

Bunk Rogers posted:

Redskins announced three season-ending knees for Scherff, Lauvao and Richardson.

Scherff has a torn pec and Richardson has a shoulder injury, not that it matters.

The team will look to sign 3 offensive lineman before the next game, and one of them will be starting. loving hell.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

OneTruePecos posted:

Scherff has a torn pec and Richardson has a shoulder injury, not that it matters.

The team will look to sign 3 offensive lineman before the next game, and one of them will be starting. loving hell.

Looks like they did already:

https://twitter.com/Redskins/status/1059566211015630850

I remember Austin Howard as a guy who showed some promise with the Eagles early in his career but couldn't quite stick. Apparently he was a full-time starter as recently as last year. On the other hand...

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2018/8/26/17783524/austin-howard-used-to-be-an-nfl-caliber-tackle-not-anymore

So Howard apparently sucks now, but apparently he has played guard and both tackle spots and is presumably still a 330 pound man, so it's tough to really argue at this point.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The cowboys are real bad, y'all.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
An enjoyable Monday night was had by all.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Dak looked like a college QB out there.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Suck it, cowboys

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/FirstTake/status/1059514444840161280

5. Dak
4. Garrett
3. AMERICA'S TEAM
2. Jerry
1. Fans

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

89 posted:

Suck it, cowboys

Even if they tried, currently I think they would fail to manage even that

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Jason Garrett is the 2nd longest tenured coach in Cowboys history behind Tom Landry.

He has 1 playoff win.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Why cowboys...

Why do you hurt the ones who love you?

:smith:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
This is a good breakdown of some absolutely busted blocking.

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1059811092262764544

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/1059662317489741829

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Bunk Rogers posted:

Yet another obstacle in the race to 9-7: Trent Williams is out for the month.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

quote:

Dear Mr. Jones, My name is Rylan Wood. I am a 7-year-old 2nd grade student in Mansfield, Texas. My family has been Dallas Cowboys fans since the team was started. I have a lot of Cowboy gear and I have met ‘Zeke, Taco, Jason Witten and two other players who play on other teams.

You have made my mom very mad because WE SUCK! Every game day she is yelling at the TV and turns off the game. We are wanting to believe in the boys but its hard. I hope 'Coach Garrett' is clapping if this letter gets to you. See what happens when Dez X is gone?? The cheerleaders are better than the team this year. I do not want to hurt your feelings.

Thank you, Rylan

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Cowboys sucking rear end makes me irrationally happy and I hope it continues for another decade.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Kid's still young enough to get a new team. Which I encourage

saltyslug
Jun 28, 2012

Guess where this lollipop's going?
Stoked to watch golden Tate tbh

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Can't wait for us to blow a 17 point Q4 lead to another poo poo team this Weekend

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

I have a theory about this. I think Jerry is addressing the most glaring need on the team that everyone harps on so that there can be no more excuses for Prescott or Garrett (or both). With Cooper there the receiving corps is at least average, and really there are no more excuses for continuing to lose and play like crap. Then people can get replaced without being worried about making a mistake, because the problem is clearly either in coaching or quarterbacking or both.

Alternately, Jason Garrett is just desperately scrambling to save his job. After all you can only think about the future if you'll actually be there, his priority is to keep his position. I could see either one

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
I mean, on the plus side at least Dak is better than Blake Bort-

:negative:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Hawkins called Dak "Black Mark Sanchez" and I think it fits.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I'll buy him an account

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

In a case of some next level chess poo poo, the Eagles will take a dive tomorrow to muddy the waters in the dallas front office debate, and make firing Garrett less likely, thus ensuring the Cowboys continued mediocrity.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I mean, on the plus side at least Dak is better than Blake Bort-

:negative:

In my opinion this is a result of coaching. Dak isn't really worse than Bortles, if anything he's a little bit more accurate. But the jaguars do a better job scheming around his strengths and weaknesses

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Dak looked really well in his first season because they had all their OLine healthy, Zeke was incredible so took the pressure off of him and he had Romo in his ear telling him what to do every game.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

Dak looked really well in his first season because they had all their OLine healthy, Zeke was incredible so took the pressure off of him and he had Romo in his ear telling him what to do every game.

Not gonna argue with any of this, but I still think he can match Bortles at the very least. They're both guys that have some mobility, can hit throws when they're given easy reads but don't really see the field, and are more comfortable throwing underneath. If dak regularly had the wide open crossing routes that Bortles always gets he could hit the throws but the coaching is garbage on that team.

Anyways, I really hope the eagles can come on towards the end of the season. Washington does have an insanely easy schedule remaining, but that team is having its own problems. I really want the eagles to pass them up because they're the only nfc east team that has a chance in hell wrt the playoffs

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Play posted:

Not gonna argue with any of this, but I still think he can match Bortles at the very least. They're both guys that have some mobility, can hit throws when they're given easy reads but don't really see the field, and are more comfortable throwing underneath. If dak regularly had the wide open crossing routes that Bortles always gets he could hit the throws but the coaching is garbage on that team.

Anyways, I really hope the eagles can come on towards the end of the season. Washington does have an insanely easy schedule remaining, but that team is having its own problems. I really want the eagles to pass them up because they're the only nfc east team that has a chance in hell wrt the playoffs

Dak has at least shown what he can do with some talent surrounding him. I don't think the addition of Cooper alone even elevates the Dallas receivers to average. Bortles, while not good for sure, has NEVER had a legit #1 receiver or anything close to it. I struggle to name the best receiver he's ever worked with to be honest.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

So the differences in the Cowboys between their number one seed season and now include:

-No Jason Witten
-Dez was still on the team and still(?) somewhat productive(?)
-Some differences in the O-line?

So I think Dak had better protection, he had reliable veteran receiver targets who were still productive, so there is a substantial comedown in talent between then and now isn't there?

Now that doesn't mean that Dak is a world beater who is only hobbled by the lack of talent around him, but it's not exactly the team that steamrolled the NFC that year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Tony Romo who is one of the most underrated QB's in history was in his ear telling him exactly what he needed to do.