Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

I subbed, going to try a burglar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siddhartha Glutamate
Oct 3, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm not sure I really have the time to play this... But I subbed anyway. Likely going to be a Dwarf mini, but just as likely to have a half a dozen characters like I do on Landy.

And Drachenfutter still isn't at cap yet.

I good at games.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Power surge last night and my computer won’t recognize my HD. Unless I can get LOTRO working on my lovely laptop, I may not be able to join the goon rush. *sigh*

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

are warden and guardian the only tank classes? seems like we dont have any goon tanks. How is the soloing ability of warden or guardian and how good of tanks are they? I love tanking so I'll roll one up to tank poo poo for us.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Captain and Beorning can also tank. Endgame I think the general pubbie consensus on tank preferability is Guardian>Captain>Beorning/Warden, but they can all perform the role. Beorning is my favorite for running solo content and it's OP at lower levels. Not sure how that will play out on the legendary server where it's all going to be lower level for a while.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

queeb posted:

are warden and guardian the only tank classes? seems like we dont have any goon tanks. How is the soloing ability of warden or guardian and how good of tanks are they? I love tanking so I'll roll one up to tank poo poo for us.

I'm doing Guardian but I have not tanked before and sometimes keep odd hours, so more is good.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
I lied, I'm doing Captain on the LEGENDARRRRY SERRRVERRRR

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope
Position in the queue 692. Well, now we know approximately how many people still play this game.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.
Yeah, uh, I thought I was going to get in easy because they timed this during the school and work day for Americans.

Whoops.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

1965 in queue

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

queeb posted:

1965 in queue

Also the queue definitely isnt moving.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

Imagine at this point server isn't fully up yet and may or may not be making GBS threads itself.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
It's up and I am in it.

There is a -40% XP gained effect on permanently ('Story Pace'). I didn't expect -40%.

Edit: There are a lot of people in Archet and there are multiple layers. I didn't expect quite that many either.

Prism fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Nov 8, 2018

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i closed and joined in and my place in queue went down, weird.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I feel weird being old and not really caring if I can't start for 6 hours still.

-40% seems okay because they can always bump it up later. Better to be overzealous and then back off imo.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Herewaard posted:

I feel weird being old and not really caring if I can't start for 6 hours still.

-40% seems okay because they can always bump it up later. Better to be overzealous and then back off imo.

Yeah, I'd just guessed it would be closer to 25%.

If you have a Token of the Hornburg or an Outrider's Token they do work, so you can pick back up on monster kill XP too.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

In any other game I'd worry about a -40% nerf but my recollection is LOTRO has way more content than necessary to cap out at regular xp amounts, so we'll see how it goes.

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.
1572 in the queue and it hasn't moved in like 30 minutes

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I got disconnected when I finished the intro region, lol. Bye, Archet.

I'll be out for much of the afternoon/evening so if someone beats me to making the Nazgun, go for it, I'll get an invite when I can. Otherwise I'll grab it tonight since I have the silver for it.

PegLegActual
Sep 11, 2001

Real Pirate. Real Amputee. Limping Through Life.
Hi folks.

I finally got in. What worked for me was opening a second launcher window repeatedly and entering the queue there as well. Every time I got a lower number I;d close the old client. After five times or so it got to approx. 200 and logged me in. My queue number hadn't moved for 40 minutes previously and this method got me in within 5 minutes.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I wonder if they'd open a second server or if the plan is to power through assuming a large chunk of the people will get bored and wander off before too long. I won't be home from work for a while yet, but if there's still a line, that will give me more time to decide what to play. I'd thought I was settled on high elf champion but their time-lost heavy armor doesn't look as good as the medium imho. I'm game for anything but guardian and warden since I've played them enough on live.

It's also weird that I'm excited for this being that I've spent most of my lotro time on this early content. Played heavily in beta and when it first went live, did the pre-moria level 50ish content in 2011 or so, and then just dwarfed my way through all the mines this summer before heading off to BFA and FF14. I miss the chillness of this game though, and want to do the dungeons and raids on level. So my first thought was to make something useful like a healer or tank. But enough people seem to be doing that so maybe I can get away with a hunter since damage will always be needed too.

With this latest VIP re-sub I had enough funny money to unlock beornings. I liked their short intro well enough, but I'm bummed we can't go inside their lodge. Cool windows.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Prism posted:

Yeah, I'd just guessed it would be closer to 25%.

If you have a Token of the Hornburg or an Outrider's Token they do work, so you can pick back up on monster kill XP too.

So i have a token derudh stone and shield of the hammer hand. I get 50% exp gain vs monsters so that's at least 10% bonus on monster kills.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

bagrada posted:

I wonder if they'd open a second server or if the plan is to power through assuming a large chunk of the people will get bored and wander off before too long.

Cordovan's in the discord and they absolutely were not expecting nearly this many people. They're going to be throwing up a second server soon.

quote:

We are aware that players are experiencing a significant queue to get into the Legendary server Anor. The server has been near or at its available concurrent capacity since launch, so people in queue may experience a longer wait until someone logs out. We are also aware that the queue numbering system is not displaying correctly, but the queuing is taking place as intended.

IN THE MEANTIME, we are working quickly to get a second Legendary server ready. Ithil is expected to be available for log-in tomorrow.

We know many players want to play with their friends, so we will for a limited time be offering FREE character transfers between Ithil and Anor. These character transfers are not yet available, but will be when Ithil opens. Note that other limitations such as wait time between transfers do apply, as do typical transfer naming rules.

We are thrilled and humbled by the overwhelming response today, and are continuing to work hard to maximize server availability.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jan 4, 2020

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Is a goon kinship on Anor in the works?

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jan 4, 2020

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, someone was talking about making a Nazgun on Anor in a few hours from now.

Second server, Ithil is launching in about 45 minutes. Hopefully will alleviate any major queues and everyone can get in on server of choice. Free transfers will be available later between these two servers.

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.
some folks on anor have already reached lvl 30. world chat says that beorn's are tough to start right now because their starting quest line assumes regular xp rate and they're lagging 2+ levels behind that need grinding.

i died to marsh fly bleeds at 7 and missed my chance for the undefeated title :mad:

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Holy poo poo these DOTs.

Got to get Undefeated but 50 damage a tick at level 6? Christ. Giving up on burglar.

Givin fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Nov 9, 2018

Conskill
May 7, 2007

lol if you posted:

some folks on anor have already reached lvl 30. world chat says that beorn's are tough to start right now because their starting quest line assumes regular xp rate and they're lagging 2+ levels behind that need grinding.

i died to marsh fly bleeds at 7 and missed my chance for the undefeated title :mad:

Trying Beoring now and it really wasn't that hard. I only ended up lagging 1 level, which is no big deal for the ease of not doing the Man/Hobbit tutorial zone all over again.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Givin posted:

Holy poo poo these DOTs.

Got to get Undefeated but 50 damage a tick at level 6? Christ. Giving up on burglar.

Ironically Burg is what I got Undying on back in the day because it was nice to be extra careful.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
if someone has a kinship up please post so we can joke while smiting flies and wolves

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
also with the new server up I was able to log in with no queue

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Same. :getin:

This game looks so much better than it did a decade ago. The char creation wasn't near as nasty as I remember it. Made all my dudes (remade burglar because gently caress flies) and gonna make a run at it.

Lost in a sea of options. All night marathon of setting up my UI incoming.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
new server is definitely hard mode, well at least as much hard mode as lotro levelling is.

not only the 40% penalty (which is pretty hefty, even with the 25% xp stones most people have at this point) but just how with everyone at your level band, suddenly quests are actually difficult to complete. yes, people were camping dora brownlock's chickens in the shire. Welcome back to 2005 MMO gameplay!

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Lum_ posted:

new server is definitely hard mode, well at least as much hard mode as lotro levelling is.

not only the 40% penalty (which is pretty hefty, even with the 25% xp stones most people have at this point) but just how with everyone at your level band, suddenly quests are actually difficult to complete. yes, people were camping dora brownlock's chickens in the shire. Welcome back to 2005 MMO gameplay!

Part of the difficulty in unintentional. Thy just had a patch trying to change the math to make updating stuff easier and broke a lot of low level mobs. Specifically, low level bleeding got boosted waaaaay up. They are supposed to drop a fox next week.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Part of the difficulty in unintentional. Thy just had a patch trying to change the math to make updating stuff easier and broke a lot of low level mobs. Specifically, low level bleeding got boosted waaaaay up. They are supposed to drop a fox next week.

Wow really? I really like LOTRO but not sure I can support a company that just drops foxes when the coders make a mistake, seems unusually cruel.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Pretty happy with my choice of loremaster. Started captain but it was feeling too much like my guardian with whiffed melee attacks and resisted shouts. Loremaster at least has wizard's fire - an instant cast, no cooldown, small damage nuke that lets me tap in on the minstrel murder fest going on everywhere. I've also made it to 10 without dying so far thanks to letting my bear take all the bleeds while I heal him.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I'm in as a loremaster as well. I just aggressively leveled one to 60something on Landroval right before the legendary servers were announced. Might as well do it again.

Also: I'm leveling with an eagle and nobody can stop me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
It's nice to see these new servers so active, a lot of posters here aren't in discord so if you want to post your name/class/vocation I'm going to make a list. Feel free to make a 9th loremaster, I'm not trying to control anyone from playing what they want, but we could use a tank who plans to play for two months at least so we can run instances. If not, a few of us joined a kin from Arkenstone remade on Anor called 'Du Bekar', they're friendly and experienced but not goons. If you want to make a goon kin feel free, I just know from experience it's always a huge collection of casuals who mostly ignore each other, and with gear and crafting being big this kin has already been helpful. Had a guy level 20 or so already giving us crafted bows for free.

Lazy list I'll add to tomorrow:

About 5 loremasters
1 captain
1 beorning (currently level 17)
2 guardians
2 minstrels

extra stout fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Nov 10, 2018