Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I think default switch seats is ctrl and then a number. I didn't know people were switching by looking at a seat..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

DangerZoneDelux posted:

I think default switch seats is ctrl and then a number. I didn't know people were switching by looking at a seat..

I didn't even know that you could do it that way.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

DangerZoneDelux posted:

Wait what? You can't. You can supposedly get into a particular seat by looking at a vehicle, and if it says "get on X" you're not going into the driver's seat, but sometimes even if it says "drive X" you sometimes get shunted off of the driver's seat.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I bound my seats to F1-5. It much easier to hammer one of those consistently than two button presses when you're being shot at.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Panic and hit F while the uaz is redlining instead

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Xenaero posted:

That's the only F key I think about while driving.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

its the only way to pay respects

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

https://fix.pubg.com/

#fixpubg is done today

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
lmao so many of the important ones are "In Progress." It was a nice throwout to the community to make it seem like they were going to get all these things done but timelines and deadlines are just asking to shoot yourself in the foot.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Thom P. Tiers posted:

lmao so many of the important ones are "In Progress." It was a nice throwout to the community to make it seem like they were going to get all these things done but timelines and deadlines are just asking to shoot yourself in the foot.

Incidentally, when are they adding the ability to shoot yourself in the foot to the game?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

It's ok, they have a timeline to talk about the timeline being missed.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/9sq8x2/petition_for_pubg_corp_to_give_feedback_on/e8ra3s3/

"coming weeks"

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Like, they definitely fixed things on that list. But the biggest complaints have always been and will always be: Performance and De-sync. They didn't touch those. Lol. Instead they came out with a sweet loving halloween screenshot contest. Buy our skins so you can win skins yea!!!!

(I don't mind skins and they probably don't take long to add but it makes them look extremely pathetic that they have the money making part of this game down and not the performance part)

I still love this dumb broken game :D

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Xenaero posted:

https://youtu.be/eg1Tjieejsk

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
I love tonight's Halloween event mode...Updates! the suspense build up to what bugs did they re-introduce is terrifying.

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

Have they always gave feedback about actions taken when you file a report in game or is this new?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
They have been doing that for a while.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
I am just glad they got the biggest issue resolved and delivered a PUBG port to my phone

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Willfrey posted:

I am just glad they got the biggest issue resolved and delivered a PUBG port to my phone
Well, bluehole didn't.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
wow they finally muted the lobby/flights, good job on clamping down on racist shitheads after they got free reign for years!

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Years, huh?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

surviv.io is a better game

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

BraveUlysses posted:

wow they finally muted the lobby/flights, good job on clamping down on racist shitheads after they got free reign for years!

still better than the USA

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Chard posted:

surviv.io is a better game

surviv.io is good but level 3 armor stops WAY too much damage.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

So glad they optimized server performance with this update...how do you have a 2000% packet loss, how can you loose packets you never had to send?

It was entertaining having my squad wiped by one guy lag warping around. It was like a horror movie with everyone trying to call out where he was and then you'd see him disappear and reappear on the other side of the street.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
A blast from the past.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flI3AiBKKmQ

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Loving these 5 minute wait times for a squad game in NA.

OatBoy
Nov 18, 2004

What can I say, it's my nature
Yeah, the desync is loving rough right now. I'm not dropping anywhere remotely hot until they fix it, because it gets better as the game goes, but the early game is terrible.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
yeah well they just added harley quinn and joker skins so maybe you should shut up and enjoy this game? you're sounding awfully entitled

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

The game isn't that bad if you don't take it seriously.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Ok, I need a sanity check.

I just played for the first time since this week's maintenance, and I got a Miramar game that was overcast. But for some reason, all the in-game textures looked WAY darker than usual. It eventually got foggy, too, if that had anything to do with it.

Here's some screen caps from the replay:

Is this how interior environments always looked when it was cloudy outside? I would compare it to other replays, but they made all old replays unplayable after the update.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

The new weather effects completely gently caress around with the shading effects - on certain weather patterns you can see crystal clear into buildings through any windows, and on others you can't see a drat thing. Just PUBG things.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

They allegedly fixed desync

https://twitter.com/PUBG_help/status/1060410749581844480?s=19

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

https://twitter.com/WJacky101/status/1060485875031777280

:stare:

Now fix gameplay things like upping loot and dynamic bluezones on erangel/miramar :D

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

You can really see it in the death cam replays. They are actually shooting you, not 10ft behind you.

It is much clearer now that people are just pre-firing vs desync when coming around corners/through doors. Before it was hard to tell in those instance but the desync when dying inside a building/around a corner doesn't seem to happen as much.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I only played a couple games last night but it did feel better

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Pretty funny they fixed that but threw it out in a tweet saying ' oh yeah we did this yesterday i guess '

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Now fix gameplay things like upping loot and dynamic bluezones on erangel/miramar :D

Bluezones yes, but why you want more loot? That's pretty crazy. You want heaps of loot, you play the tuk-tuk map.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Bluezones yes, but why you want more loot? That's pretty crazy. You want heaps of loot, you play the tuk-tuk map.

I enjoy the heaps of loot on tuk-tuk but I do not enjoy constantly being pinched/flanked by another team on the tuk-tuk map.

There are literally games when dropping near people after looting 3+ large buildings in which you don't have a gun. That's... not fun? Remove at least a bit of the drop RNG by providing me a weapon to murder with.

I also believe this would provide a better middle game as everyone doesn't feel they need to drop hot or at a large area in order to get looted up. Maybe I'm wrong on that.

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Nov 9, 2018

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

They should go ahead and remove non-pan melee weapons, because melee is broken garbage and the non-pan melee weapons have had broken worthless hitboxes for the entirety of the game's lifecycle.

replace them with more smgs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I killed 2 people with a machete in one game once.
Grand total of non-pan/non-punch melee kills in 1200 hours: 2

https://clips.twitch.tv/RenownedGorgeousAlmondMVGame