Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Kale posted:

This is straight uo ministry of truth poo poo

Jim Acosta's karate chop was the most powerful to ever swat a White House intern — period — both in person and in anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/GarrettHaake/status/1060541501141327877

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Like, tucker carlson is not a good man. He is extremely a bad man but the gross thing is that thing where some internet tough guy has to go from 'punch nazis"(100% good) to "eh, fox news people are functionally nazis"(mostly true) to like "the kid of a functional nazi is a nazi"(not really true) and that sort of slow extending just never ends until it's "everyone I disagree with in any way is a nazi so I am justified to do anything always"

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Liberals dont have what it takes to defeat fascists and the last few pages demonstrates this perfectly.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

His kids are all 15+ years old, it's about time they learned their dad is a piece of poo poo.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Zeno-25 posted:

Liberals dont have what it takes to defeat fascists and the last few pages demonstrates this perfectly.

So do you have the spine to outright say we should bomb Tucker Carlson’s home, kids or no kids?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Spiritus Nox posted:

Because "the other guy is loving evil" is not a license to become loving evil, you drooling loving idiot.

I want to put a stop to cruelty, not become more tactically and efficiently cruel.

if you believe protesting a dude's house is evil you are literally why we have what's going on

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Update from KCMO protest organizers- their sign suggestions are weak

quote:

Hello Democracy First Responders!!!

Weather Update:
Fox 4 Weather just said conditions are AWESOME for a good ole protest! Be "weather aware" as snow falls in the metro. But road temps are in the 40s. So any snow will be MELTING on the roads thru the end of our protest at 6pm! Joe did say that bridges and overpasses may be slick late tonight and into the early morning hours.

Today from 5pm to 6pm
Charles Evans Whittaker Court House
400 East 9th Street
Kansas City, Missouri

Here's some sign ideas:
If Mueller goes so does Democracy
We can handle the truth
It's Mueller time
Nobody is above the law
The law applies to all of us
Wake up Congress. Do your job.
Moms for Mueller
Dissent is patriotic
In Mueller we trust
Whitaker is icky
We the People
Change takes courage
Respect the law
Protect Mueller
Democracy cannot rest
Country before politics
Congress investigate
Saturday Night Massacre
One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. MLK
This is not normal.

One hour in the cold and wet. We can do it KC!!!

Hold them accountable,
Holly

Tonight's mood:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZJ8yvg018Y

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I just think it’s important to ask yourself what you think Tucker feels was more threatened by the protesters: his family, or his privilege.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe
Is it okay to punch an antifa if they stupidly mention pipe bombs during a protest? Like, calm down man. You can't help the cause from inside prison.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Seriously where are we getting that this group threatened to blow up his house?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Radish posted:

Seriously where are we getting that this group threatened to blow up his house?

I feel like this argument may have gotten away from us.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

So do you have the spine to outright say we should bomb Tucker Carlson’s home, kids or no kids?

The key to defeating fascism is attacking children (who aren't fascists) and screaming at the people who think that it's cruel and counterproductive to attack children instead of actual fascists.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

TheScott2K posted:

Sometimes kids get really tall though

My son is 46 inches tall and he just turned five. Giant redhead Tarzan child throwing himself around the house, I can't deal.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
"Protesting someone's house isn't 'evil' you idiots"

"SO YOU'D BE OK BOMBING HIS CHILDREN IN THEIR SLEEP????????????"

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

mdemone posted:

My son is 46 inches tall and he just turned five. Giant redhead Tarzan child throwing himself around the house, I can't deal.

Legit lol’d at this, thanks.

Toobly
Feb 19, 2013

Kale posted:

This is straight uo ministry of truth poo poo

Trump is gonna make Acosta write "I must not tell lies" over and over again

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Scott and DeSantis still have their respective fixes in. We have no legal avenue for invalidating corrupted elections. It'll narrow in the recount and that'll be that.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Like, this whole argument got derailed from "Tucker gets threats at home" to "It's never okay to threaten someone's kids" where a bunch of people drew a hard line over the pipe bomb thing. And I get that, people get real visceral over the threatening of children, and they should! But that's not what this is actually about.

Think about it... no one brought a pipe bomb to Tucker's house. And a bunch of pipe bombs actually went to houses belonging to prominent lefties and CNN HQ. So far the right has literally shot up stores, churches/synagogues, clubs, and more places. There are bodies on the ground.

There will be a violent reaction to the violence that has already been done, if it keeps being done. There just will. No one wants to see leftist violence, (INCLUDING ME) and it's a testament to the patience of the American left that it hasn't happened yet, but if things keep going the way they are, if nothing is done about the shootings, if "Thoughts and Prayers" continues to be the only reply, then it's going to happen.

Like we can prevent this from happening still, but not if things continue as they currently are.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Protesters should set up a dope block party outside Tucker's house and shower his kids with confetti and cake any time they come outside so his kids are all "dad these guys are awesome why don't you come join us!" and he goes on a rant about migrants and Jews and the kids realize just why their dad isn't invited to the party.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

twice burned ice posted:

I think it's time to start leaving guillotines on the front lawns of Nazis.

We can just put a "Must be 48" tall to ride" sign on them to make it clear that they're not intended for children.

but why exempt Ben Shapiro?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the news went wild over the caravan but kemp straight up stole an election and it's getting little play.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

Zeno-25 posted:

We're kind of in a catch 22 of owning guns vs successful insurrection.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/stevebousquet/status/1060583706774171648

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Pleads posted:

Protesters should set up a dope block party outside Tucker's house and shower his kids with confetti and cake any time they come outside so his kids are all "dad these guys are awesome why don't you come join us!" and he goes on a rant about migrants and Jews and the kids realize just why their dad isn't invited to the party.

It should be one of those foam parties. With all the foam.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Defeating the Nazis is bad because then they'll kill their own children before killing themselves.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ague Proof posted:

Jim Acosta's karate chop was the most powerful to ever swat a White House intern — period — both in person and in anime.

The last time a white house staffer was involved in a physical altercation against women more violent than this, Rob Porter had to resign.

it's all the same you see

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

the news went wild over the caravan but kemp straight up stole an election and it's getting little play.

And weird they stopped talking about it immediately after the election like everyone knew they would.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Would we be okay with bussing kids who were sprung from child internment camps in the southwest to where he lives so they could beat up his kids, so it’s a fair fight?

I’d donate to that GoFundMe.

Seriously though, don’t target kids, but don’t let their presence stop you from making their dads life hell.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

It's loving 2000 all over again. How does Florida manage to continually suck this bad for this long?

Old Surly
Dec 8, 2004

and all of your troubles are solved and gone
Kudos to the mods on the name change.

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high

Pleads posted:

Unironically this

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lightning Knight posted:

I'd get a probe if i did but let's just say that entire cities were annihilated last time the fash had to be slapped down.

History is not on your side.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nobody is attaching Tucker's kids. You've already bought into a false dichotomy. Protesting him at his house and putting the fear of God in him has nothing to do with his kids. He's just using them as a deflection from his actions. They live there? Ok. They aren't targets of the protest. They are not threatened and no one is threatening them.

No one committed any wants of violence against them and no one threatened to. End of story.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/NILC_org/status/1060620885483118592

brockan
Mar 9, 2014
https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/1060607768846045184?s=19
https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/1060609532261470208?s=19
https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/1060610681710538752?s=19
https://twitter.com/gelles/status/1060556201187049472?s=19

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Lol at the suggestion that yelling at people's houses is suddenly the only way to defeat fascists. What is it even gonna do? You really think Tucker is gonna resign in shame now? Any possible benefit to this seems disproportionately small compared to how problematic it is.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Sarsapariller posted:

Update from KCMO protest organizers- their sign suggestions are weak

Tonight's mood:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZJ8yvg018Y

How about “Where’s the receipt for Holy Hell?”

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Nobody is attaching Tucker's kids. You've already bought into a false dichotomy. Protesting him at his house and putting the fear of God in him has nothing to do with his kids. He's just using them as a deflection from his actions. They live there? Ok. They aren't targets of the protest. They are not threatened and no one is threatening them.

No one committed any wants of violence against them and no one threatened to. End of story.

It's this. People have bought into the typical conservative messaging that they are the victim of what they are actually doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

It's loving 2000 all over again. How does Florida manage to continually suck this bad for this long?

It's on purpose because it benefits Republicans.