Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

maffew buildings posted:

So I'm a Democracy Dummy, what is the recourse for GA turbo suppressing the vote? Can anything be done regarding all the road closures/machines pulled to rectify the issue, or is it "lol suck it dems" without recourse? Versus the "lol suck it dems" we will have if there is recourse

"suck it dems" because the courts up to and including SCOTUS are ok with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Because I'm home sick with some kind of pneumonia/cold hybrid, I did some research on these Incel people.

2014, incel shoots up UCSB, killing 6.
2015, incel shoots up a Oregon community college, killing 9
2018, incels shoot up a Tampa hot yoga class and drive a van into a crowd of people in Toronto, killing 12 total.

That's 27 dead, x2 wounded in the last four years. Counting Thousand Oaks, 24 dead just this year.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

maffew buildings posted:

So I'm a Democracy Dummy, what is the recourse for GA turbo suppressing the vote? Can anything be done regarding all the road closures/machines pulled to rectify the issue, or is it "lol suck it dems" without recourse? Versus the "lol suck it dems" we will have if there is recourse

"Lol suck it dems", I saw that some dudes where suing Kemp over being both a candidate and the dude overseeing elections, but I really doubt there'll be a redo or whatever, and even if there is I doubt it will be an independent commission to take charge of any elections rather than Kemps office anyway.

edit: I feel Georgia will be a red state unless someone clones JFK, who then gets elected president, and then clones both J.E Hoover and Sherman with a writ to come down here and arrest/hang any jerk face attempting to tamper with elections both overtly and covertly.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Nov 8, 2018

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

maffew buildings posted:

Basically nothing, other than maybe one of the Democratically controlled house committees subpoenaing and embarrassing everyone involved. Not that it'll change Georgia, but it might make for campaign fodder in 2020 for less hopeless states like North Carolina.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

BigDave posted:

Because I'm home sick with some kind of pneumonia/cold hybrid, I did some research on these Incel people.

2018, incels shoot up a Tampa hot yoga class and drive a van into a crowd of people in Toronto, killing 12 total.

That's 27 dead, x2 wounded in the last four years. Counting Thousand Oaks, 24 dead just this year.

why don't they just hire a prostitute ???

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

ded posted:

because they hate women

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

ded posted:

women that aren't virgins are impure

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

women that aren't virgins are impure

that roast beef pussy haram

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

the real answer is that modern society is extremely lonely and isolated and these incels are blaming women rather than capitalism destroying community.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

the real answer is that modern society is extremely lonely and isolated and these incels are blaming women rather than capitalism destroying community.

:hai:

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Incel/black pill is a full on nihilistic terrorist ideology. It's not just not loving, it's a full world framework about how women have made your life hopeless and you have no legitimate recourse.

That said is there any indication this dude is part of that?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

BigDave posted:

Don't forget the 10 dead in the Incel Van Attack in Toronto earlier this year.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Or maybe some people just suck.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

FAUXTON posted:

fyi white sauce got permabanned a few days back

That's just the pickmeup I was looking for thanks.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

LingcodKilla posted:

Me all day.

Also attempting to link the defense of the nation as being just as important as the health of the nation.
China, Russia and terrorism is not as likely to kill us as beef, salt and sugar.

Um you can't fight a war against salt and sugar. Beef though, war on beef seems like a good side hustle for the MIC.

psydude posted:

Well there's unlimited vacant land [...]

That sounds like a conservative double speak for 'non-gentrified single family houses'

FAUXTON posted:

fyi white sauce got permabanned a few days back

maybe he snapped

Whats the story/relation?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

That sounds like a conservative double speak for 'non-gentrified single family houses'

The Bush era Supreme Court (ah, simpler times) already ruled that you can take people's land through eminent domain for private enterprise, so why not! They weren't using it for anything useful anyway, except living.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

M_Gargantua posted:

Um you can't fight a war against salt and sugar. Beef though, war on beef seems like a good side hustle for the MIC.

Whats the story/relation?

lovely cspam poster who was aggressively "nothing matters" about everything, got banned for being too lovely even for d&d/cspam.

given the guy was quite loudly an ex-marine and posted at least once every 5 minutes from like 6a to 10p it was supposed to be a funny "local goonlord gets banned, goes psychotic"

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MA-Horus posted:

Don't forget the 10 dead in the Incel Van Attack in Toronto earlier this year.

BigDave posted:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
https://twitter.com/marceelias/status/1060611342661500928

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

This needs to be phrased properly, with data.

loving Florida is being loving Florida again, gently caress.

https://twitter.com/SteveKornacki/status/1060611294183804928?s=19

There was a massive Senate undervote of around 26K in Broward County, Democratic territory, for no goddamn reason.

loving Florida.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

BigDave posted:

Don't forget V Tech.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Nov 8, 2018

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
oh and in news of just how titled our political system is in favoring the rich all around...

https://twitter.com/ShaneGoldmacher/status/1060585618449797121

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

This needs to be phrased properly, with data.

loving Florida is being loving Florida again, gently caress.

https://twitter.com/SteveKornacki/status/1060611294183804928?s=19

There was a massive Senate undervote of around 26K in Broward County, Democratic territory, for no goddamn reason.

loving Florida.

2000 TBT y'all.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
CNN is reporting that Trump is considering Chris Christie for AG, lol.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

mods changed my name posted:

Fat Reek would last a week before ordering the FBI to close the 14th Street bridge to penalize Amazon for moving to NoVA.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Yup

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

i'm from Canada and they say I'm a little slow, eh

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

he's going to ask Christie to come by the WH with some Mickey D's to discuss things, except the SS is just going to take the food at the gate and send him away

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Proud Christian Mom posted:

oh and in news of just how titled our political system is in favoring the rich all around...

https://twitter.com/ShaneGoldmacher/status/1060585618449797121

I dunno there’s apartments for $1500 a month in DC. Not great but it’s totally doable.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Wasabi the J posted:

Don't forget V Tech.

That guy was a total weirdo but I think he might have predated the "movement"

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

Proud Christian Mom posted:

he's going to ask Christie to come by the WH with some Mickey D's to discuss things, except the SS is just going to take the food at the gate and send him away

had to do a double take re: SS

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

I dunno there’s apartments for $1500 a month in DC. Not great but it’s totally doable.

.... that's a lot of money

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hahahaha yes please god.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

LingcodKilla posted:

im pretty sure you're supposed to not have roommates for natsec reasons or some poo poo

(drives it up to a solid 2500, iirc)

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Are these the sex wars people were warning about?

https://twitter.com/xhamstercom/sta...ingawful.com%2F

I'm guessing proud boys are behind this cause they never jack off? That's gotta put a lot of stress on the mind

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
#NutNovember

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I hate the future

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

What the gently caress is no nut november. I mean, I get the general idea. Just... why? Is it a troll?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Eh idk how much money is left in her campaign fund but if AOC's got some left she could easily get away with just pocketing it or marking a DC apartment down as a campaign-related/political expense.

Maybe one of her fellow caucusmembers could lend her a cool $10k for 3 months' rent. Congresspeople aren't as rich as senators by and large but lol if you think most of them aren't still rich as hell

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Nov 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Please nazis do not co-opt the fairbairn sykes knife for your stupid fascist poo poo