Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m very happy to finally get YouTube. I’m going to make great use of this app on Switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Oh OK, that makes more sense then. I knew there was some charging issue and this clears things up.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’m very happy to finally get YouTube. I’m going to make great use of this app on Switch.

I'm gonna download it just to upset the whiny goons who were opposed to this because MY DEDICATED HANDHELD

Where y'all at anyways? I want to hear about how the YouTube app is objectively harming your switch experience, friends!

(I'm actually just excited to watch dumb youtubes and pull up reviews when it's convenient etc)

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dehry posted:

If you're so inclined, the Japanese eShop now has a preorder up for the Senran Kagura pinball game. It's a full price release unlike Reflexions. There's a 10% discount for preorders. 4800 yen for the base version.

Are all the bumpers and paddles just big anime tiddies?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Serious question: why would you watch YouTube on a Switch instead of a phone or a laptop? Unless you haven't got those things, in which case, tube away

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The Merkinman posted:

I felt kind of underwhelmed by Blossom Tales.
Next year there will be a kickstarted game called Hazelnut Bastille, which looks to scratch that LttP itch.

Looks very nice!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

KingSlime posted:

I'm gonna download it just to upset the whiny goons who were opposed to this because MY DEDICATED HANDHELD

Where y'all at anyways? I want to hear about how the YouTube app is objectively harming your switch experience, friends!

(I'm actually just excited to watch dumb youtubes and pull up reviews when it's convenient etc)

You're weirdly obsessed with this. Maybe you should relax by watching some YouTube videos on the Nintendo Switch, now that the YouTube app has ruined all the games.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Zibidibodel posted:

OMG I Hate you. I have been grinding for this ring since the game launched and have spent like 10s of thousands of shards on it from the vendor and still not gotten it. I do, though, have all the other rings I guess :/

Oh man, I got it as a drop at lvl 47. Just reading though if you make a necro alt and then gamble for it at lvl 11 it’s the only legendary ring in the pool so odds apparently much better? Ymmv I haven’t done that so...it’s an awesome ring.

E; you can see the loot pool and calculate chances here https://www.d3planner.com/game/kadala of course if you get a lvl 11 ring you have to use the cube and get the power as a passive instead of wearing the ring - I need to do that actually heh

squirrelzipper fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Nov 8, 2018

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
The past few nights I've been playing Diablo 3 and when I check my battery and its at 60% I get upset because I think its draining quickly, but then I realize I was just playing for 3 hours straight.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Feenix posted:

Youtube's out for anyone who was interested.

Now things are gonna be different!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Heath posted:

Serious question: why would you watch YouTube on a Switch instead of a phone or a laptop? Unless you haven't got those things, in which case, tube away

It's just a convenience factor, really. No reason not to have the option when the 3ds did both just fine. It's especially neat if you use the system docked, makes it easier to switch between movie night and game time without changing devices, inputs etc. All other consoles can and have been able to do it since last gen ya know?

Now if Nintendo could just give us the 3ds's very robust playlog and folders, we'd finally be up to par with last gen hardware OS features!!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

punk rebel ecks posted:

What game is your avatar from?

My guess would be a Phantasy Star

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

Are all the bumpers and paddles just big anime tiddies?

No they aren't, but it does look like it has plenty of 'plot'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzEIfBtDXak

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Seriously, where the hell are folders? It's be great to organize my digital games to find stuff easily.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

YouTube app seems to support 60fps video, which I don’t think was supported on Wii U, so that’s nice. I’ll probably make the most use of the built in stand watching YouTubes.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mega64 posted:

Seriously, where the hell are folders? It's be great to organize my digital games to find stuff easily.

If youtube doesn't kill the Switch then folders would definitely do it

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Hey buddies and pals, I have to be on a plane in the morning and I haven't been in the loop for Switch releases for the past couple months. Is there anything interesting that's inexpensive and a decent commute game that I may not know about, or should I stick with my plan of grabbing the latest Picross?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I swore it would never happen to me, but I was in the middle of a really good Isaac run and I just couldn't let anything interrupt the rhythm

I took my switch into the bathroom

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Heath posted:

The Switch screen is bigger than my phone and I always have both on hand.
If I'm going to be away from places to charge, it's nice to spread battery usage as much as possible.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Zibidibodel posted:

No they aren't, but it does look like it has plenty of 'plot'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzEIfBtDXak

How is this worse than I imagined?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

RandomFerret posted:

I swore it would never happen to me, but I was in the middle of a really good Isaac run and I just couldn't let anything interrupt the rhythm

I took my switch into the bathroom

why would you NOT do this?? :confused:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

s.i.r.e. posted:

How is this worse than I imagined?

It's Senran Kagura.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

LethalGeek posted:

why would you NOT do this?? :confused:

They call it...hygiene

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

onesixtwo posted:

Ohhhhhhhhhh.... I feel silly for salvaging that ring last night now.

Either trashing valuable uniques OR spending more time on a wiki than in game are the ARPG experience.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

My Switch came today! :woop: Finally, I'm living in the future!

I just started up my Gamefly subscription too, so Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker should be here pretty soon. Now to decide what $15ish game I want to get on the estore. Anyone have any recommendations? I was thinking Stardew Valley (which I enjoyed on the PC).

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Hollow Knight

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

KingSlime posted:

They call it...hygiene

people use their phones or read books in the bathroom so what's the difference? or do you just sit there staring at the wall like a psychopath??

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

b_d posted:

Hollow Knight

:hai:

also Into the Breach

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Catalina posted:

My Switch came today! :woop: Finally, I'm living in the future!

I just started up my Gamefly subscription too, so Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker should be here pretty soon. Now to decide what $15ish game I want to get on the estore. Anyone have any recommendations? I was thinking Stardew Valley (which I enjoyed on the PC).

Thirding Hollow Knight

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Picross 1 and Picross 2

Eventually, Picross 3

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Picross is somehow worse on the Switch than it was on the 3DS

i dunno how they did it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

HenryEx posted:

Picross is somehow worse on the Switch than it was on the 3DS

i dunno how they did it

It's just as good on switch

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think it's a combination of crappier d-pad and a loss of the top-screen preview.

I only just realized now how much the preview actually added to the experience. The gradual and subtle preliminary coloring in as you fill in the spaces, and these couple seconds after finishing but before the final reveal in full color where you get to race the c lock in guessing what the picture is before the game tells you. Actually like half the fun.

Man, i'll probably play through e1-7 again in total before getting to finish S1.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
They've yet to top the original DS release imo, the presentation there was top notch

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I dunno, it's hard as is to go back to pre-e7, where they finally give you a "mark space" button, different tile animations and a medal incentive for going hint-less.

I want all of these backported to every picross game actually

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

KingSlime posted:

They've yet to top the original DS release imo, the presentation there was top notch

Seconded

More musical and graphical options, and just so so many puzzles. I wish it had the only-if-you're-wrong hint scheme, though

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I’m in the midst of my first Hyper Light Drifter playthrough. That’s a great game

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

squirrelzipper posted:

Oh man, I got it as a drop at lvl 47. Just reading though if you make a necro alt and then gamble for it at lvl 11 it’s the only legendary ring in the pool so odds apparently much better? Ymmv I haven’t done that so...it’s an awesome ring.

E; you can see the loot pool and calculate chances here https://www.d3planner.com/game/kadala of course if you get a lvl 11 ring you have to use the cube and get the power as a passive instead of wearing the ring - I need to do that actually heh

Thank you!

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Dehry posted:

It's Senran Kagura.

It's even worse if you watch all of this gameplay demo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlNG5OiYVi4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

What in the gently caress is this creep poo poo