Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Tatsuta Age posted:

Break down Tucker Carlson's door every single night

Show up early. Knock out the door repairman. Infiltrate Tuck Acres in disguise. Repair the front door, but break every other door in the compound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

this is particularly on point with the "now that sessions is gone, the doj will be less evil to minorities and asylum applicants" discussion we were having earlier

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

CelestialScribe posted:

It's okay to kill his children, they would grow up just like him.

Now you're getting it

selec
Sep 6, 2003

axeil posted:

protesters break down a left-leaning media figure's door = bad
protesters break down a right-leaning media figure's door = good

do you not see the hypocrisy in this?

tucker carlson sucks and shouldn't be on tv but he shouldn't get his door broken down.

encouraging/cheering the breaking down of people's doors while there at home is pretty drat close to endorsing violence against them which is real :ironicat:

oh no hypocrisy oh dear.

Buddy, if only the left cares about hypocrisy, then it is a weapon that will only be deployed against the left.

Do what it takes to win; there’s no honorable route to the cattle car.

Edit:
Last I’ll post on this LK.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CelestialScribe posted:

It's okay to break down his door, no one got hurt.

It's okay to throw a brick in his window, no one got hurt.

It's okay to kill him, his family is still alive.

It's okay to injure his family, the children are still okay.

It's okay to kill his wife, the children are better off.

^^^

All things left-wing revolutions have done.

Violence breeds violence.

I agree.

Death for the death god.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
I can't find any evidence of Tucker's door being broken down ,or even knocked on. All I can find is like 10-15 people stood on his street and yelled at his house.

Did some ANTIFA Super Soldiers show up or something and nobody covered it?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I advocate taking Tucker Carlson's kids' Nintendo 3DSes and redistributing all their Pokemon on wonder trade before giving them back.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

mistaya posted:

I mean did anyone actually read the news report about this or are we all just hot taking off other people's hot takes?

I put absolutely no faith in Tucker Carlson reporting that someone cracked Tucker Carlson's door because he's going to blow every single bit of this up as much as he can to get as much sympathy as he can so he can go on being a Nazi gently caress on TV without any personal consequences.

Apparently THIS is the mob we're all freaking out about. Like six people with signs. This is what he's gotten everyone into a frothing "save Tucker's children" rage over: https://twitter.com/bakerlarry84/status/1060621509201461248

seriously maybe if you haven't actually seen this don't share your hot takes on how what if they had a hypothetical thermonuclear bomb boy that'd be hosed up huh.

There was at most ten people and the worst that happened was someone rang their bell and maybe slapped the door. This is what happened, if you have any issues with that congrats you're an idiot.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lightning Knight posted:

Jim Acosta isn't a white nationalist, so breaking down his door would be bad.

Tucker Carlson is a white nationalist, so breaking down his door would be fine (in a moral sense, I am not arguing it should be legal).

Property damage isn't going to hurt his kids.

So your argument is that hypothetical breaking down the door to a child's home wouldn't do any harm to them? Surely you agree that harm to a child can come in more than just physical ways, no?

I know the door wasn't broken down in this case but this seems like a repeat of the thing you were arguing against earlier where a bunch of people got themselves worked up into a place where they were defending children as collateral damage.

And to be perfectly clear, Tucker Carlson is a liar amongst other things so I don't actually take anything he's saying as truth. But people seem like they're working themselves up into some really ugly places.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

CelestialScribe posted:

It's okay to break down his door, no one got hurt.

It's okay to throw a brick in his window, no one got hurt.

It's okay to kill him, his family is still alive.

It's okay to injure his family, the children are still okay.

It's okay to kill his wife, the children are better off.

^^^

All things left-wing revolutions have done.

Violence breeds violence.

It's true, I remember when we eradicated slavery in the South by talking them out of it. I also remember when a bunch of lefties mailed pipe bombs to Republican reps which made the right-wing chuds respond in kind, I also remember when Dems put kids in concentration camps and that made the GOP start doing it to the kids of asylum seekers at the border. Thank you for this extremely smart and useful point.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

selec posted:

Considering how consistently being named on FOX has lead to harassment and even murder of the person named, I suggest that having your name in Tucker’s mouth is also a very explicit call for violence.

I've heard of the harassment before, but who has been murdered following their being identified by Fox?

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 39 hours!

Deified Data posted:

For real Tucker putting it out there that his "house was broken into" and that his "family was threatened" was done for the explicit purpose of starting the discussion of whether it would be appropriate or not, whether it happened or not, and it's devilishly effective.

wtf are you arguing, and with who

There are posts in this thread explicitly saying breaking down someone's door is okay. It isn't, and actions like that lead to more violence.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

gently caress

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Squalid posted:

I've heard of the harassment before, but who has been murdered following their being identified by Fox?

That abortion doc that O'Reilly doxxed

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Squalid posted:

an abortion doctor was murdered following repeated incitement by Bill O'Reilly. His name escapes me.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Tatsuta Age posted:

Who cares what they say

Go and yell your fuckin head off

It's also on a random streetcorner and not anywhere important like outside our rep's office which is a mile away so there's literally no loving point because who gives a gently caress if some drivers see our signs and are converted. Though TBH given we're in a district that just went R+15 even after the Beto Bump i'm surprised there's even a protest at all

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

evilweasel posted:

this is particularly on point with the "now that sessions is gone, the doj will be less evil to minorities and asylum applicants" discussion we were having earlier

Well it's exactly what I said it was which is that Sessions was good at keeping his evil poo poo hidden where it can do damage and the replacement is going to just mustache twirl in public which means we can sic the courts on all his bullshit.

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013
Honestly the whole conversation and backlash around this protest shows it was a dumb gently caress idea. Tucker isn’t any less racist and now he gets play the victim while the media scolds the radical left. I’m not really seeing any tactical upside for this kind of protest, tbh.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Squalid posted:

Dr Tiller "The Baby Killer"

Thanks to O'Reiley

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 39 hours!

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

It's true, I remember when we eradicated slavery in the South by talking them out of it.

Ah yes, when fighting for a noble cause also means getting to execute innocent children. Good poo poo.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

mistaya posted:

Well it's exactly what I said it was which is that Sessions was good at keeping his evil poo poo hidden where it can do damage and the replacement is going to just mustache twirl in public which means we can sic the courts on all his bullshit.

the courts that trump owns???

also sessions never bothered hiding his evil poo poo, he was just good at being evil which is why his loss and replacement with captain bumblefuck is trump shooting himself in the foot

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
All of these people who inflict terror on PoCs in the name of white supremacy - and that includes most federal-level GOP and shits like Tucker Carlson - should be made to feel terror themselves.

CelestialScribe posted:

Ah yes, when fighting for a noble cause also means getting to execute innocent children. Good poo poo.

You genuinely think that screaming at Tucker Carlson, white nationalist, is a prelude to a left-wing revolution and infanticide. You're an extremely smart guy.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Nov 8, 2018

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

CelestialScribe posted:

Get on board or get the gently caress the out, comrade

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

CelestialScribe posted:

There are posts in this thread explicitly saying breaking down someone's door is okay. It isn't, and actions like that lead to more violence.

People are saying that because they hate tucker carlson and are being performatively callous

It does not matter what those people think or say about menacing tucker because he was not menaced in the way he described, he is lying, and every word spent debating this poo poo is feeding into their "jobs not mobs" narrative. It is transparent as gently caress.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

evilweasel posted:

i invite you to read my post again, which very specifically makes sure to make clear that i am not saying the thing you're complaining about here
Not as clear as you think, since the context is: Anderson cooper says "progressives lost, so run a centrist" -> EvilWeasel says "a better candidate may have won". You probably should have indicated that you were talking "better" in some other measure than the conversation was about. I certainly read it that you were saying AC may have a point about better candidates, and he has a very specific measure for "better".

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Squalid posted:

George Tiller, off the top of my head.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

evilweasel posted:

arguing breaking someone's door down while they're at home - which is what you chose to characterize as "property damage" - is so loving stupid it defies description.

I'll believe it when the cops start abiding by it

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I can't find any evidence of Tucker's door being broken down ,or even knocked on. All I can find is like 10-15 people stood on his street and yelled at his house.

Did some ANTIFA Super Soldiers show up or something and nobody covered it?

Sounds like someone took their Soros Serum too late and needed to blow off steam.

I'm surprised that y'all are arguing this much about boys being boys. It's okay, no one was injured and TC learned a valuable lesson about how much he cares about his family's safety that he apparently didn't even bother mentioning the door on a police report.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

mistaya posted:

Can't wait for Kavanaugh to write his decision on the matter

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 39 hours!

Tatsuta Age posted:

Get on board or get the gently caress the out, comrade

So you agree that innocent bystanders are legitimate targets for violence?

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Where the hell is this "broke down the door" thing coming from

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it'd be really funny if someone took one of those big cop battering rams to his door

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Bullfrog posted:

They knocked on his door

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Bullfrog posted:

Tucker Carlson. Weirdly he didn't tell the cops about it, but I'm sure there's a good reason for that

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Deified Data posted:

People are saying that because they hate tucker carlson and are being performatively callous

It does not matter what those people think or say about menacing tucker because he was not menaced in the way he described, he is lying, and every word spent debating this poo poo is feeding into their "jobs not mobs" narrative. It is transparent as gently caress.

it's the usual fash tactic of "antagonize everyone constantly then run away crying the second you face the tiniest retaliation"

Bullfrog posted:

a better parallel universe i assume

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Bullfrog posted:

Evilweasel fake news'ed us by accident

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

evilweasel posted:

interesting thread about Ohio:

https://twitter.com/AlecMacGillis/status/1060594526241411075

basically, the take-away is that Ohio may be permanently shifting red, as it's a state that's basically in the process of dying and turning into Indiana, because it's dominated by white rural voters without a college education in towns that are basically dying, and every educated young person gets the hell out

Count me among this group.

This is a real shame, too. Cleveland (believe it or not) has been working on a recovery for a while now. Columbus has a lot going for it, too. It's just that the rest of the state is a godforsaken hellscape. I still go back a couple times a year because my parents live in a Cleveland suburb.

There was a while when the Lake Erie shore was a stronghold of union members voting Democrat all day every day (my mom even helped organize them), though a lot of the factories have closed and, well, things have changed.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bullfrog posted:

like the 'bomb threat' thing, a literal lie

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
It is ok to break down the stall door while Tucker Carlson is in there and stare at him because he's a nervous pooer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

I hear Jim Acostantifa karate chopped the door, breaking it in two effortlessly! Just like he trained in the dojo