Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Hakkesshu posted:

I find Neeku to be more annoying than Kaz. There just isn't anything to that character at all other than dumb lines.

:same: And 'naive literalist' isn't exactly groundbreaking comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
They did put out Leia was Vaders daughter, but I think the Kylo thing was pretty hidden.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

twistedmentat posted:

They did put out Leia was Vaders daughter, but I think the Kylo thing was pretty hidden.

If anything, it's probably only known that she has a kid named Ben Solo whose whereabouts are currently unknown.

Speaking of names, as soon as the girl's name was mentioned as "Eila", I hoped they wouldn't name the boy "Ekul" or something similarly anagrammish. And bam, close enough, he's named Kel.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

"Leia had a son named Ben Solo and he was killed by Kylo Ren during the sacking of Luke's Jedi Order."

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
how many times is that story gonna work

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:
As many times as we have kill-happy Skywalker genes.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

banned from Starbucks posted:

so is there any actual dogfighting in this show about fighter pilots who fly fighter planes ?

This is DS9.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

That's actually a pretty apt comparison in terms of setting.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Moon Slayer posted:

That's actually a pretty apt comparison in terms of setting.

If the main characters were season 1 Nog and Jake.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

ILM's starting up a TV division to work on The Mandalorian, among other shows.

Also, here's a Resistance clip cause why the heck not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrErHJTU6Do

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Cross-Section posted:

Also, here's a Resistance clip cause why the heck not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrErHJTU6Do

The shot about twenty seconds in looks amazing

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Cassian Andor series is happening! It’ll be interesting to see if K2SO is too expensive for a TV show.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

DancinBrud posted:

Cassian Andor series is happening! It’ll be interesting to see if K2SO is too expensive for a TV show.

Source? This is what I never knew I wanted to see.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

I'm excited about that!

https://nerdist.com/disney-announces-rogue-one-tv-series-with-cassian-andor/

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
https://www.starwars.com/news/cassian-andor-live-action-series-announced

Oh gently caress, excellent! Theoretically they could extend that for a few years. He could probably get away with playing Cassian for a few seasons at least. Of course Cassian is supposed to be 26 but is war is hell...

Hopefully this means we'll also get some Clone Wars flashbacks. Seems ripe to explore him being a Separatist.

Teek fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Nov 8, 2018

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Star Wars.com announcement

Luna is even reprising. I loving will kill for this.

(God, I wonder how many rebel refs they'll make. Who will play Live Action Kallus, cause he has to hand off the Fulcrum title to Cassian)

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

bunnyofdoom posted:

Star Wars.com announcement

Luna is even reprising. I loving will kill for this.

(God, I wonder how many rebel refs they'll make. Who will play Live Action Kallus, cause he has to hand off the Fulcrum title to Cassian)

I feel so dumb for missing this, but did Fulcrum get name dropped in Rogue One?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

no. I think it was the tie in novel.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, Cassian was either Fulcrum or a recruiter for Fulcrum, I can’t remember which.

I am all about this announcement. Luna is a great actor but he was underutilized in Rogue One. I could care less about seeing K2 again, but hopefully General Draven is involved in some fashion. That guy was great.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

One semi-interesting wrinkle to the Cassian series, is that the time distance between it and The Mandalorian is about 7-9 years? Not so much a stretch to get some character cross over between those. It also puts it in an interesting place to pick up possible plot threads from Solo.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Maul wants the emperor/empire to get murdered, and dealing with him and his org could get pretty interesting.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
it'd be cool if we also got star wars games that explored more of the non-jedi space.

regarding the announcement, i prefer less gloom and murder in my roguish sw characters, but it might be good.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
oh these are for disney's streaming service, guess i won't be seeing them for a while

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Yeah, Cassian was either Fulcrum or a recruiter for Fulcrum, I can’t remember which.

I am all about this announcement. Luna is a great actor but he was underutilized in Rogue One. I could care less about seeing K2 again, but hopefully General Draven is involved in some fashion. That guy was great.

And Antoc Merrick (Blue Leader)!

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
edit: oops wrong thread

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Teek posted:

https://www.starwars.com/news/cassian-andor-live-action-series-announced

Oh gently caress, excellent! Theoretically they could extend that for a few years. He could probably get away with playing Cassian for a few seasons at least. Of course Cassian is supposed to be 26 but is war is hell...

Hopefully this means we'll also get some Clone Wars flashbacks. Seems ripe to explore him being a Separatist.

This makes me very :wookie:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Colonial Air Force posted:

And Antoc Merrick (Blue Leader)!

Oh sheeeeeeeet, this means possibly more Raddus too.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

This also seems like an opportunity to bring back Enfys Nest. She's actually around the exact same age as Cassian.

I also have to think Emilia Clarke has more free time now, seems like a Crimson Dawn series would be feasible in and of itself.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Clarke coming back for the Cassian series would be great, and hell stick a different white wig on her and put her in the Mandolorian.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

She's a bad actor so I hope she's not involved

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Teek posted:

This also seems like an opportunity to bring back Enfys Nest. She's actually around the exact same age as Cassian.

I also have to think Emilia Clarke has more free time now, seems like a Crimson Dawn series would be feasible in and of itself.

She's 20, Luna is 38.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Teek posted:

Where was Cassian's age stated? I know Luna looks rather young for his actual age, but he doesn't strike me as in his 20s.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

radlum posted:

Where was Cassian's age stated? I know Luna looks rather young for his actual age, but he doesn't strike me as in his 20s.

The Rogue One Visual Guide establishes he was born 26BBY

jivjov fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Nov 9, 2018

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

jivjov posted:

The Rogue One Visual Guide establishes he was born 26ABY

Don't you mean BBY?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

She's 20, Luna is 38.

Character ages, not actor ages. Cassian is said to have been born 26 BBY and Enfys 28 BBY. Solo takes place around 10 years before Rogue One, so it's a bit wonky.

The Cassian series would probably be better served retconning Cassian to have been 6 at the start of the Clone Wars, rather than at the end like all the associated Rogue One supplemental guide materials stated. That way his line in Rogue One still works. Theoretically they could have him be "in the fight since he was six years old" by having some planet specific conflict he was a child soldier in even before the Clone Wars started to make him even older.

Teek fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Nov 9, 2018

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Rocksicles posted:

Don't you mean BBY?

I sure did; brain fart

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

radlum posted:

I agree, he was in his mid-30s when RO was filmed. I think the official materials put him at 26 to make his "I was in the fight since 6" line up with the Clone Wars. They could easily adjust that as needed, it wouldn't be the first time they ignored/tweaked information from official guides in the "everything is canon" years.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Today's Resistance: Was good to get off the station for awhile. Kaz was able to show off his growing piloting skills and Poe had a pretty large part to play. Still made use of existing character and location models, but they made good use of them.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

And in any case, this ep was worth watching for the stupendously-jacked Kowakian monkey-lizard alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
this episode in a nut shell

This episode loving ruled because of the monkey-lizards. Loved when Poe shot a warning shot into the ceiling and a monkey corpse falls smoking to the ground.