Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

twice burned ice posted:

The Leper's Colony is just fuckerface.jpg right now and it's loving great

SO EVERYONE HOW GOES MIDTERMS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I'm the dilophosaurus that eats Newman.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/BGPublic/status/1060501706872643585

Lightning Knight posted:

Gross, don't post this garbage here lol.

Ok.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
the founding fathers never hurt anyone who disagreed with them politically

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

InsertPotPun posted:

SO EVERYONE HOW GOES MIDTERMS?

lmaoooooooo. :golfclap:

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

The full spectrum of race from white to white. The full spectrum of political thought from capital R Republican to classical liberal. And all the great sexual preferences, from person you own to gmilfs.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Squalid posted:

No I don't think so. The debate over more over whether or when extralegal political violence becomes justified. I don't think the particulars of this specific case were very important to anyone.

That point was "literal domestic concentration camps for forcefully orphaned children" and we flew right on past it with less fuss/disruption than Occupy Wall Street caused.

Y'all don't need to worry about some vast violent leftist uprising because it just ain't happening. Not on any real scale that could make a difference. The kinds of relationships and communication networks and community infrastructure and mainstream media figures that would need to exist for any real leftist uprising to occur, simply just don't exist anymore. Not in any appreciable sense anyways.

We really are too atomized at this point and that is not going to change soon. We leftists have too fully/quitely accepted that the government is monitoring literally every communication; and as a result no one is willing to have the kinds of discussions that would need to be happening right about now if there was some real potential for a violent leftist uprising. And to be honest, where exactly would this uprising be coordinated without it being discovered and squash long before anything more than a couple of Starbucks Windows get kicked in? You can't have so much as a half-dozen old ladies baking cookies and talking about how awesome pacifism is without the intelligence Services being aware of you and possibly putting a mold and monitor your group.

The intelligence services and law enforcement apparatus in this country would absolutely smash any fledgling leftist uprising long before it posed any significant threat to the established order. As blind as they are to the threat posed by right-wing terrorism, they are as a group hyper focused in on any political organization to the left of Pinochet in this country.

I am glad for all the local and state level races we won in the recent midterms, that is a very good thing and I hope we can build from there. Because there is no violent uprising option- the left in this country by and large just doesn't have the stomach for it and the vast vast vast vast majority won't even contemplate takeing that risk until it is long past entirely too late.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Nov 8, 2018

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Prester Jane posted:

That point was "literal domestic concentration camps for forcefully orphaned children" and we flew right on past it with less fuss/disruption than Occupy Wall Street caused.

Y'all don't need to worry about some fast Violet leftist Uprising because it just ain't happening. Not on any real scale that could make a difference. The kinds of relationships and communication Networks and Community infrastructure and mainstream media figures that would need to exist for any real leftist uprising to occur, simply just don't exist anymore. . Not in any appreciable sense anyways.

We really are too atomized at this point and that is not going to change soon. We leftists have too fully/quitely accepted that the government is monitoring literally every communication; and as a result no one is willing to have the kinds of discussions that would need to be happening right about now if there was some real potential for a violent leftist uprising. And to be honest, where exactly would this uprising be coordinated without it being discovered and squash long before anything more than a couple of Starbucks Windows get kicked in? You can't have so much as a half-dozen old ladies baking cookies and talking about how awesome pacifism is without the intelligence Services being aware of you and possibly putting a mold and monitor your group.

The intelligence services and law enforcement apparatus in this country would absolutely smash any fledgling leftist uprising long before it posed any significant threat to the established order. As blind as they are to the threat posed by right-wing terrorism, they are as a group hyper focused in on any political organization to the left of Pinochet in this country.

I am glad for all the local and state level races we won in the recent midterms, that is a very good thing and I hope we can build from there. Because there is no violent uprising option- the left in this country by and large just doesn't have the stomach for it and the vast vast vast vast majority won't even contemplate takeing that risk until it is long past entirely too late.

right-wing terrorism doesn't post a threat to them

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
heading out to stand around looking protesty

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Tatsuta Age posted:

Lol somebody just shouted "I want my Soros money"

Maybe it was some chud who thought he could just show up and get paid.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/itsdlevy/status/1060660275437805568

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high

Prester Jane posted:

Y'all don't need to worry about some fast Violet leftist Uprising because it just ain't happening. Not on any real scale that could make a difference. The kinds of relationships and communication Networks and Community infrastructure and mainstream media figures that would need to exist for any real leftist uprising to occur, simply just don't exist anymore. . Not in any appreciable sense anyways.

I don't think anyone was worried about a massive wide-scale leftist uprising so much as random people doing things like targeting the families of Fox News hosts. The meaningful takeaway of the past 2 years is that you don't need a widespread coordinated network to wreak political violence, you just need a crowded room and access to a gun.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

It's good but it's not as good as TB's.

This will always be my favorite tho

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Ok now a horse drawn carriage went by and some woman won't stop yelling free the working horses

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

time to cash in on that corruption, baby!

https://twitter.com/scottwongDC/status/1060659473264578571

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Gloating Nate.

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1060666387918655488

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Lets just say when things get bad enough for a left wing revolution all you milky toast posters ITT will already be waving the red flag with the rest of us

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Oh poo poo, looks like Twitter just removed the Like button!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

enraged_camel posted:

Still there for me, the embedded template just looks a little different. IDK about mobile

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I want to be a part of the Tuckerpocalypse too :smith:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Lol he's running for president in 2020. Hot drat nothing's gonna stop old Mittford now!

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

I don't entirely disagree but I'll point out two things:
  • The sort of top-down organization that you're talking about isn't strictly necessary and it's especially not necessary at this stage.
  • The right-wingers we have in America talk an awful lot of poo poo but they are cowards, even by right-wing standards historically.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Goddamnit, APD shut down the street around the protest so now we're all angrily yelling at nothing lol

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/scottwongDC/status/1060630853649338370

https://twitter.com/scottwongDC/status/1060663287866638336

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Well it IS a family matter....Was it really unexpected though Linda?

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Madkal posted:

Maybe it was some chud who thought he could just show up and get paid.

Next time a brilliant NPC cosplayer shows up to a lefty protest, be sure to tell him to stick around til the end of the event for his Soros check. You don't even have to do anything after that, the idiot's incoming disappointment will be enough.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

The Glumslinger posted:

Still there for me, the embedded template just looks a little different. IDK about mobile
It's possible they're rolling something out but whatever it is, it hasn't hit Android yet, and like you say it's still there on the website.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
I have heard a lot of talk of splitting the threads again, but we just need to run this like The City and the City. USPOL regulars put all the Trump regulars on ignore and vice versa. We'll have two threads, two thread cultures, in the same place and I will be the poo poo poster that disappears by blending into both.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So

https://twitter.com/MarcACaputo/status/1060654559612289024

What are the odds that this is full of Gore votes?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

overmind2000 posted:

Lol he's running for president in 2020. Hot drat nothing's gonna stop old Mittford now!

don't you almost kind of miss the guy

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

I got this avatar specifically for this thread and if we split them up again it's not going to make any sense. Keep us locked in an eternal death embrace, please :ohdear:

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Trump presidency in a nutshell:

TRUMP: I think it's a disgrace that CNN poo poo on the floor.

CNN: Actually, sir, you shat on the floor. (shows video of Trump making GBS threads on the floor)

Left-wing facebook: Haha, owned Trump!

Right-wing media: CNN keeps making GBS threads on the floor, owned libs!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

enraged_camel posted:

But Michael Kupperman liked my tweet about gators today!

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So

https://twitter.com/MarcACaputo/status/1060654559612289024

What are the odds that this is full of Gore votes?

Literally cackling like a madman imaging that thing being stuffed with 8000 Gore ballots

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

nine-gear crow posted:

I want to be a part of the Tuckerpocalypse too :smith:

The apocarlypse

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

twice burned ice posted:

Literally cackling like a madman imaging that thing being stuffed with 8000 Gore ballots

Oh god now so am I

In the mad Max future the Flow Rider will be the demon god of dementia, determined foolishness, and totally foreseeable failure

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

overmind2000 posted:

Everything's coming up Mitthouse!

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Eltoasto posted:

Well it IS a family matter....Was it really unexpected though Linda?

I don’t think they expected to get caught, I guess?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Mitt trying to primary Trump in 2020 sure would be... something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
My dream is Mitt running independent as a spoiler candidate.