Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Going to have a Stern talk with my sister when she comes back from the west coast about the fact that my nephew somehow made it to age 14 without ever seeing Blade

Making sure 14 year olds have seen Blade really feels like an uncle job. That's how I saw the first Terminator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Edit, not quote

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
emptyquoting your own post is an alpha move

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
My dad literally took me out of school to get mcdonalds and rent Blade on VHS.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

There's definitely a podcast premise in uncles showing nephews classic R rated movies.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
My sister got upset when I showed my nephews The Goonies because the youngest one was like six and Sloth freaked him out and he had nightmares for a few days.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
nightmares build character

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Coffee And Pie posted:

Oops my bad, I’ll try to be more considerate.

I think you need to perform a genocide on your hunger.

I will perform it this weekend and take a pic of this beauty

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
My sisters made me watch Rocky Horror and Reefer Madness in a double feature when I was 12.

I have cool sisters.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

A different sister of mine made it her duty to get me into rated R horror movies once she was 17 and I was 13. Lots of terrible late 90s slashers I'll still go to bat for as a result.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Anonymous Robot posted:

My dad literally took me out of school to get mcdonalds and rent Blade on VHS.

Reminds me of when I was home sick from school when I was like 12 and my dad rented me Robocop, which I feel like has to be most peoples first time Robocop experience.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

The latest Always Sunny is a hell of a thing

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

My uncle took us to see t2, last action hero, gladiator, peebles black panther, dead presidents and more. The weekend the rkelly bump and grind double album came out, we listened to it while my uncle and Aunt fought and then we went to his new apartment.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I convinced my Mom to take me and my friend at, like, age 12 to see Timecop in the theaters. Rated R Timecop.

Of course by that time living in Saudi I had seen all kinds of horrific violent movies, Robocop, T2, etc. but the sexuality was different as Timecop was in Canada.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

My mom took me to see Virtuosity and Mortal Kombat and rented me T2 and Pulp Fiction.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Important quiz vote now
https://twitter.com/chunk_widebody/status/1060735247418097664

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

My gut says The Room, but my heart wants to kill a 200 dollar plasma screen TV with a Dundee, so I’m at a bit of an impasse.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The real answer is My Dinner With Andre, or for large parties, The Exterminating Angel

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Or 120 Days of Sodom.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Wait I forgot 12 Angry Men, gently caress

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

I Before E posted:

The Exterminating Angel

Here's the winner

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Are the cube movies the original "escape room" movies?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Faults, also a good escape room theme.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

Pit and the Pendulum?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

bushisms.txt posted:

Between Exterminating Angel and Discreet Charm Buñuel was on that theme decades earlier.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1060702507842719745

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

God I loving love Kojima

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

https://rewire.news/religion-dispat...res-of-sabrina/

Biased article, but Satan does have a case here.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Overlord is pulpy as gently caress. Straight up feels like an EC Comic.

Friends Are Evil fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Nov 9, 2018

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Friends Are Evil posted:

Overlord is pulpy as gently caress. Straight up feels like an EC Comic.

The trailers didn't grab me but that comparison has me intrigued now.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Did that annotated video of Prince coming up with the "Purple Rain" riff ever resurface?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

LesterGroans posted:

Did that annotated video of Prince coming up with the "Purple Rain" riff ever resurface?

I don't think so. It's probably on Daily motion or some such site. It's easy to find that version on bootlegs and whatnot (Though the rumour is that whole concert will be released soon) but not with the annotations the guy added.

It's amazing because it's almost like he's workshopping the song, but it's also the final version on the record. Once he hits on the solo he knows it's gold so he repeats it a couple of times to make sure he can use a good version in the edit.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

DrVenkman posted:

I don't think so. It's probably on Daily motion or some such site. It's easy to find that version on bootlegs and whatnot (Though the rumour is that whole concert will be released soon) but not with the annotations the guy added.

It's amazing because it's almost like he's workshopping the song, but it's also the final version on the record. Once he hits on the solo he knows it's gold so he repeats it a couple of times to make sure he can use a good version in the edit.

Yeah, that's the impressive thing about it to me. Like, he's clearly figuring it out as he goes, but they're all so great that with a little trimming it's the finished track. Prince realizing he struck gold is the part I wanted to share, so I'll look a little harder.

Edit: you nailed it with the DailyMotion suggestion, so thank you.

LesterGroans fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Nov 9, 2018

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Perfect twitter account

https://mobile.twitter.com/neeraj_katyal

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Gatts posted:

I've already had dinner. Someone convince me not to go out and eat a burger. I have no idea why I've been craving one lately. It's the Garlic Cheese Bread Bacon Cajun Burger one where I order Magma wing sauce and put it on the bun. With cheesy bacon fries.

When we're all starving to death in a Mad Max-ian hellscape future, you're really going to wish you'd eaten that burger.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

bushisms.txt posted:

https://rewire.news/religion-dispat...res-of-sabrina/

Biased article, but Satan does have a case here.

The statute is really clearly copied, it's blatant. That said I feel really strongly that religious icons and texts shouldn't be enforceable as copyrights due to the nature of religion and the way the government handles them. They're not business, and they're exempt from all taxes, the government shouldn't be trying to enforce rules to help them generate profits like they're a creative or business.

What's so dope about the handling of Satanism in Sabrina is that their church of night isn't evil because Satan is inherently wrong, it's because the church is a patriarchal authority and a form of control. Both the Satanic Temple and Church of Satan are big goobers who are ruining what makes Satan cool. Stick to suing local governments over ten commandments statues and performing pink masses.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Well from what we've seen of Satan in the show he's a huge rear end in a top hat too, which kinda undermines that reading.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

LesterGroans posted:

Yeah, that's the impressive thing about it to me. Like, he's clearly figuring it out as he goes, but they're all so great that with a little trimming it's the finished track. Prince realizing he struck gold is the part I wanted to share, so I'll look a little harder.

Edit: you nailed it with the DailyMotion suggestion, so thank you.

Prince just loving stumbled face-first into one of the greatest guitar riffs ever, it’s absolutely insane how good Purple Rain is.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

How is it that I have never heard of The Laughing Woman until today, and how did an obscure Italian director primarily working in television somehow make the greatest film of all time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Saw Mandy on a showing at some kind of pub with an audience that laughed at every of Cage's actions; I don't want to be the humour police but acting can be funny without laughing so loud at Nic Cage closing a fridge door in a very nonchalant way after a fight.

Honest Thief fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Nov 9, 2018