Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

"Dad forgot birthday, changed birth certificate so he wasn't wrong"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Enemies: Various Rite-Aid Employees

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Please don't tell me there's a hiatus after this

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Tie in to the Rihanna’s Bodyguard thing!

Ooh cool

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

YES

YESSSSS

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

VICKI!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

HOLY poo poo VICKI

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh im so excited

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
well gently caress

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Wait... wasn't Doug Forcett from Calgary?

e: poo poo, he said Ontario, didn't he?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Arist posted:

Please don't tell me there's a hiatus after this

One more episode before the hiatus.

Also hell YES Vicki is back

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

:stare: Holy shirt!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Arist posted:

one of the upcoming episodes is called the book of dougs

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Arist posted:

He just said "rural Canada".

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Evil Mastermind posted:

oh maaaaaaaaaan

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Didn't Vicki have her own show?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Man now I can't wait for tomorrow's podcast.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
That slapstick gag at the start of the show was violently out of place. It took me several minutes to get back into the episode. The whole VR memory thing is a bit of a stretch that can be glossed over. Losing all your hair and spitting out teeth, only to “recover” a few minutes later, is straight Looney Tunes poo poo that has no place on Earth

Other than that, it was really good.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'm hoping he meant Brock Lesnar.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I wonder how many takes they had to do with Kristen Bell and that iguana before she just let it climb onto her head.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Can't wait to meet 70 year old Doug Forcett hell yah

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I wonder how many takes they had to do with Kristen Bell and that iguana before she just let it climb onto her head.
That was a choice that iguana actor made.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

nooneofconsequence posted:

Why do Eleanor's memories include a Tahani and Michael conversation she wasn't in?

I think it's because it's not really Eleanor's memories. The way I understood it, Janet was the one who compiled all of the memories. She may have gathered the data from all four of the human's memories, but since she was compiling it, there'd be a record of anything any of them experienced. (And, the memory bank could also have stuff that none of them experienced, as long as Janet knew about it.)

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I’m gonna need a super cut of all of Chidi’s reactions to things over the course of the series. That “why??” made me laugh so hard.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Excuse me, why would anyone be ashamed of loving Barenaked Ladies :colbert:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Maxwell Lord posted:

Princess Jasmine (One-sided, fictional)

I feel like this is the path to Eleanor/Tahani we oh so need.

Lucania
May 1, 2009
I'd love to hear how she made an enemy out of Neil deGrasse Tyson (One-sided, from his side).

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm watching Deadwood for the first time and it was weird seeing Kristen Bell acting all sweet and innocent then true Eleanor came out about midway through the episode she was in

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

Lucania posted:

I'd love to hear how she made an enemy out of Neil deGrasse Tyson (One-sided, from his side).

I want to hear how she did it without hating him back.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Hawkgirl posted:

Excuse me, why would anyone be ashamed of loving Barenaked Ladies :colbert:

:respek:

here's hoping they're heading to rural Canada to meet them :cool:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Evil Mastermind posted:

He named it Gleek. :3:

Wasn't it Blake?

Also, check out the page numbers on that graphic! :lost:

CPColin fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Nov 9, 2018

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

pwn posted:

That slapstick gag at the start of the show was violently out of place. It took me several minutes to get back into the episode. The whole VR memory thing is a bit of a stretch that can be glossed over. Losing all your hair and spitting out teeth, only to “recover” a few minutes later, is straight Looney Tunes poo poo that has no place on Earth

Other than that, it was really good.

Huh, that didn't really take me out of the episode, but your reaction here is very similar to my reaction to the monster taxi a couple of weeks ago; kind of ruined that episode for me (which is a shame because I otherwise liked the Jason plot) and did some serious damage to my engagement with the season as a whole. I really liked this episode, but I see what you mean about that gag; I think it's part of a larger problem where staying on Earth is making the writers antsy to keep the wacky fantastical over-the-top comedy going, but it's really clashing with the distinction between the real world and the non-real-world that the series stayed in for most of the first two seasons. I think the first symptom of this was the Americana-themed restaurant; it was really funny, but it was also written exactly the same way that the fake Good Place's gag businesses were written in seasons one and two - actually probably a fair bit sillier. At the time, I laughed off the bit with the "real" gun and assumed it was just Chidi being naive and jumpy, but in retrospect, given some of the jokes that have happened since then, I think it was just meant to be taken at face value.

Assuming that we don't get some kind of huge bombshell twist that this was really a fake Earth (which would admittedly be awesome and classic Good Place), I definitely think that this season has been a big step down in quality from the first season and certainly the second season, which is really too bad because for the most part it's just as good; it's exploring such interesting ground in terms of character development and thematic development, but it just has so many nagging completely unnecessary suspension-of-disbelief-piercing moments that seem to come from the writers not knowing how to handle so much Earth. I don't remember any problems like that in the first two seasons.

Zaburino
Jul 22, 2006

CPColin posted:

Also, check out the page numbers on that graphic! :lost:

:aaaaa:

But for real, what if old Doug Forcett is played by Terry O'Quinn?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Having owned 2 green iguanas, about 4 takes.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Doltos posted:

I'm watching Deadwood for the first time and it was weird seeing Kristen Bell acting all sweet and innocent then true Eleanor came out about midway through the episode she was in

wait gruesome death lady was Bell? Holy poo poo.

double nine fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Nov 9, 2018

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

double nine posted:

wait gruesome death lady was Bell? Holy poo poo.

She was the young girl that wandered into town with her brother with a story about how they were looking for their dad, and they ended up working for the brothel/saloons. They turned out to be grifters and got caught stealing, and Cy Tolliver beat them half to death and shot them the rest of the way.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

21 Muns posted:

Assuming that we don't get some kind of huge bombshell twist that this was really a fake Earth (which would admittedly be awesome and classic Good Place), I definitely think that this season has been a big step down in quality from the first season and certainly the second season, which is really too bad because for the most part it's just as good; it's exploring such interesting ground in terms of character development and thematic development, but it just has so many nagging completely unnecessary suspension-of-disbelief-piercing moments that seem to come from the writers not knowing how to handle so much Earth. I don't remember any problems like that in the first two seasons.

I think we're just supposed to accept that their version of Earth is a very wacky one. I mean, go back and listen to all of the things Jason says about Jacksonville in seasons 1 and 2. He says some outlandish poo poo that we're never really led to believe is incorrect. Most of what we're seeing this season is totally in line with Jason attending Lynyrd Skynyrd High School, a school that consists of a bunch of tugboats lashed together in a junkyard and where most of the classes are just selling dirty magazines door-to-door.

I thought they ran that "everything in Australia is <something> Nemo" joke into the ground, though. C'mon, you can do more Australia jokes than that.

Lucania
May 1, 2009

CPColin posted:

Wasn't it Blake?

I think it was Bleek.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
FILE_FOOTAGE: FORCETT, DOUG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv_ra9CXZOQ

When I heard, "rural Canada," hoo, I can't tell you how excited I was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Hulu closed captions had the penguin’s name as Bleek btw