Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008
maclean's regularly places in the top 10 magazines browsed in dentists' waiting rooms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
https://twitter.com/CBCNews/status/1060503148484329472?s=20

Thank God shareholder value is being salvaged!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
they just need another bailout, that will get them back on their feet

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
is that scott moe? I thought that was whoever the new NB premier was. he looks like he just accidentally wandered into frame when the picture was taken

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

JohnnyC posted:

maclean's regularly places in the top 10 magazines browsed in dentists' waiting rooms

i saw a magazine sitting in a hospital waiting room about how private schools were actually extremely good

conservatives have made incredible strides in "making waiting for the doctor even more unbearable" technology

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

JohnnyC posted:

lost the top spot to "decade old Reader's Digest" though

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

infernal machines posted:

lost the top spot to "decade old Reader's Digest" though

Life's Like That (when you're white and kinda racist)

flakeloaf has issued a correction as of 18:25 on Nov 8, 2018

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
I'm partial to Humor in Uniform, personally

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

I'm not sure I've ever actually seen an issue of Reader's Digest in the wild

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity
Nice

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/AndrewScheer/status/1060627685662224385

im sure the definition of "gang" will be as concise in this theoretical legislation as the definition of "terrorist" was in bill c-51

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Gang, of course, being a group of 2 or more minorities in the same place.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
i like how the phrasing makes it sound like we have a law that if you're in a gang you automatically get bail

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

quote:

In his letter on Thursday, Mr. Clement added that he now believes he was, in fact, dealing with someone located in another country.

“Mostly recently, another inappropriate exchange led to foreign actors attempting to use my indiscretion for financial extortion which, without hesitation or second thought, I immediately reported to the RCMP. While these exchanges were entirely consensual and mutual, they were absolutely wrong and should never have occurred,” Mr. Clement said.

Mostly recently, that's cute.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Please don't be Thailand.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Ron Howard voice: It was Thailand

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
It occurs to me now that the person extorting me for a cash payout in Euros might have been from another country.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Dreylad posted:

It occurs to me now that the person extorting me for a cash payout in Euros might have been from another country.

Next you're gonna tell me you can't pay your tax arrears in itunes gift cards.

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008

vyelkin posted:

i like how the phrasing makes it sound like we have a law that if you're in a gang you automatically get bail

Right now if you're in a gang the judge has to come around from the bench and hug and kiss you and thank you. Time to put a stop to this madness

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

Gang, of course, being a group of 2 or more minorities in the same place.

Nah, if you arrest a minority and he's ever associated with another similar minority then it's probably a gang thing.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

autism ZX spectrum posted:

Nah, if you arrest a minority and he's ever associated with another similar minority then it's probably a gang thing.

What's ridiculous is we already charter defying anti gang legislation. The govt used it to take down the Hells Angels in the late 90s.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

doug lookin' like a globe before they paint all the continents on it

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

love how the resistance is composed entirely of rich old white men in suits :hmmyes:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Elephant Parade posted:

love how the resistance is composed entirely of rich old white men in suits :hmmyes:

THE ESTABLISHMENT didn't fly so well with the editorial board.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

https://twitter.com/AndrewScheer/status/1060627685662224385

im sure the definition of "gang" will be as concise in this theoretical legislation as the definition of "terrorist" was in bill c-51

It's to secretly crack the largest and most destructive gang of them all, the police.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/robertbenzie/status/1060697979793952768

Remember these clowns campaigned on repealing sex ed curriculum.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Another Bill posted:

https://twitter.com/robertbenzie/status/1060697979793952768

Remember these clowns campaigned on repealing sex ed curriculum.

Yeah, because if people started to understand what sexual harassment is, they'd be run out of town on a rail.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

macleans cover update: my other grandmother, who's super leftist, thinks that the cover is an ironic jab at the "Resistance". we'll see how the article portrays them, I guess :shrug:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Ironic bigotry, that thing that the internet used so responsibly, now available to old folks in print.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Elephant Parade posted:

macleans cover update: my other grandmother, who's super leftist, thinks that the cover is an ironic jab at the "Resistance". we'll see how the article portrays them, I guess :shrug:

Article is here, https://www.macleans.ca/politics/ottawa/a-carbon-tax-just-try-them/

tldr

https://twitter.com/sheamusmurphy/status/1060506259323928582

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/CBCAlerts/status/1060590126563233792

Nice!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

I too love it when the hierarchy of government breaks down due to bad actors.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I like how the majority of these article is smart-sounding quotes about fighting the carbon tax from Kenny and Pallister. They mention Doug Ford a lot but did appear to interview him and if they did they didn't use any material from the interview at all. The Liberals biggest issue is they are too afraid to call out like the 7 corporations in Canada that produce the most emissions and therefore are unable to say "We are going to hit these guys the hardest and give people a tax credit to replace their lovely furnaces"

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Reminder: The "top" 100 companies are responsible for 71% of global carbon emissions:

http://fortune.com/2017/07/10/climate-change-green-house-gases/

Actual list (of top 50) on page 14 of this pdf

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
JJ Abrams Star Wars did us a great service in developing the most vacuous and empty story possible where 'the Resistance' is literally just a floating signifier with no content whatsoever beyond 'the good guys'.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
im glad to see james baud finally got an av

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Helsing posted:

JJ Abrams Star Wars did us a great service in developing the most vacuous and empty story possible where 'the Resistance' is literally just a floating signifier with no content whatsoever beyond 'the good guys'.

I thought purple hair naomi klein was excellent in that

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

vyelkin posted:

im glad to see james baud finally got an av

Haha, I've always had avs off, I wonder what I'll have to do to get someone to top that.