Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Shnag posted:

There is also kleenex instead of facial tissues and jello instead of gelatin dessert (lol good luck with that one),

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Why wouldn't a company want its brand name to be synonymous with the type of product it sells? It's free marketing!

The Mighty Moltres has a new favorite as of 17:30 on Nov 9, 2018

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
There is also farrrrrrrrrt instead of copyright lawyer but somehow they succeeded with that one, so there is still hope!!!!!!!

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Why wouldn't a company want its brand name to be synonymous with the type of product it sells? It's free marketing!

No, because then they wouldn't be in a position to object when I start selling nintendoes out the back of my pickup truck that are in fact just potatoes with electrodes in them.

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 17:30 on Nov 9, 2018

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Because then other companies could legally use that name.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

They lose control of their name as a trademark. Common language words can't be protected.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

My brain absolutely refuses to read this title as anything other than "Children's Farts" and I do not care.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

This is vaguely familiar, I think my parents might have had that book in the 70s. They definitely had some of the other Sunset books such as this useless piece of poo poo:

I'm pretty sure we never attempted a single project out of any of those books.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Shnag posted:

There is also kleenex instead of facial tissues and jello instead of gelatin dessert (lol good luck with that one),

Don't forget that Trampoline was a brand name.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
As was heroin.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
A man whose name full well hight Jonas,
A wheele which he carryeth to passe,
He thanketh us for that in full we showd,
And telleth us anon his feelings owd.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I had that book. This is not the weirdest image in it.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

This one though, 100% real. bless you big dog.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Phy posted:

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

Johnny Aztec posted:

Don't forget that Trampoline was a brand name.

I had to look that up. The generic term is rebound tumbler, which makes it sound less like a backyard play thing. So its a big deal to protect your trademark, but I guess there is a balance between protecting your brand and being petty.

unrelated content:

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Phy posted:

A Goode Poste

iSimian
Jan 19, 2008

Well, there's your problem!

Phy posted:

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
But why does the dog have a Hitler 'stache?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Everything everyone posted in response, especially the magic card, is completely true but here's the thing: they DO want it. They just have to pretend that they don't want it.

Probably tells you a lot about corporate culture and the Me Too movement, come to think of it

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

This is what Google actually believes.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

The Bloop posted:

Everything everyone posted in response, especially the magic card, is completely true but here's the thing: they DO want it. They just have to pretend that they don't want it.

Probably tells you a lot about corporate culture and the Me Too movement, come to think of it

Re: #MeToo movement

I'm not sure I understand this. What I think is:
Corporations want to seem cool and woke and like they are part of the #MeToo movement and care about the little people
You get in on the movement by calling out people in power abusing their authority to sexually harass or abuse people
That means you have to have horrible executives at your company, so you can call them out, which is bad

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Parts Kit posted:

But why does the dog have a Hitler 'stache?

I had a cat with an unfortunate pattern that gave him a Hitler 'stache.

RIP, Nugget. :smithcloud:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Randaconda posted:

I had a cat with an unfortunate pattern that gave him a Hitler 'stache.

RIP, Nugget. :smithcloud:

Kitlers are the best cats

Source: My cat looks like hitler

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Iron Crowned posted:

Kitlers are the best cats

Source: My cat looks like hitler

A hitler that you can spray with water because he's up on the counter again = a good hitler.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

They don't call him Dr. Oetker for nothing!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Shnag posted:

Literally madder than little kids in the 90s whose parents called everything nintendo

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Aleph Null posted:

A hitler that you can spray with water because he's up on the counter again = a good hitler.

My little (non-Hitler) boy kitty loved water. That's why he'd go up on the counter in the first place, to play in the leaky faucet.

When you came down the hall, you'd always hear a "THUMP" of him jumping off, acting like nothing was unusual about his head being all wet. He'd also get his baby sister to be lookout.

I miss my kitties. :(

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

i wish they hadn't cut off the bottom timestamp. this is much funnier (to me) when it is understood that this is a response two years after the original tweet. pretty long time to hold a slam dunk like that in.

awyeahz
Aug 21, 2005

~*~BeDtImE~4~B0NZ0~*~
six years. big dogs responded on 9/11 of this year

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Beachcomber posted:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Oh gently caress it's the Deer Haunter :blastu:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

"fuckin' is for suckers" — Big Dog Sportswear®

currently on clearance for $5.99, just in time for those solo flights back home for the holidays

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'll take the ribald punnery of BIG JOHNSON brand tees, thank you very much.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Pastry of the Year posted:

"fuckin' is for suckers" — Big Dog Sportswear®

Also not allowed in New Jersey or Oregon! :science:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

I'll take the ribald punnery of BIG JOHNSON brand tees, thank you very much.

What about Coed Naked Sports?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless