Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Gruckles posted:

I hope they keep the bodies' voice actors the same, and they do impressions of the swapped souls'.

Mista's actor acting like Mista acting like Trish would be hysterical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
What happens to Polnareff at the end of this arc? He's dead, right? People keep saying "he's a turtle," but I thought that everyone's back in their own body, so Coco Jambo is too. So is he just persisting as a ghost inside of the Mr. President room?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

What happens to Polnareff at the end of this arc? He's dead, right? People keep saying "he's a turtle," but I thought that everyone's back in their own body, so Coco Jambo is too. So is he just persisting as a ghost inside of the Mr. President room?

Polnareff's soul just kinda lives inside the turtle now. He's primary adviser to Giorno and Mista considers him to be Passione's #2.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Mista is technically Giornos right hand but 2 is too related to 4 that it freaks him out

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Expect My Mom posted:

Mista is technically Giornos right hand but 2 is too related to 4 that it freaks him out

I love that that is so plausible from Mista’s point of view that I can’t tell if you’re joking. JoJo rules.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Polnareff is dead but he's chillin in a ghost room that lacks a bathroom

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

FirstAidKite posted:

don't gotta piss when you're a ghost

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

According to Part 4 you can still poop, though.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
I don't get why Giorno couldn't just fix Polnareff's body like he did with his own. He could have even turned his metal legs into real legs!

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

FirstAidKite posted:

Well considering Polnareff's track record with bathrooms, this is probably for the best.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

Dragonwagon posted:

I don't get why Giorno couldn't just fix Polnareff's body like he did with his own. He could have even turned his metal legs into real legs!

I wondered that too, if Girono could like get a statue commissioned in the shape of Polnareff and make it into flesh and then Polnareff could jump bodies. Or would you need part of the original living body to bind the inanimate poo poo to first?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Dragonwagon posted:

I imagine it's the same reason Bruno couldn't stick to his own body

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Dragonwagon posted:

Diavolo punched a hole in Polnareff's chest, and we know how fixing that went for Bruno

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I remembered that it'd been a year plus since I last read Jojolion, so I decided to catch up on it.

:psypop: literally

Part 8 is loving up its protagonists more than part 6 ever did.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

tiistai posted:

Diavolo punched a hole in Polnareff's chest, and we know how fixing that went for Bruno

Giorno's body had holes all over.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Dias posted:

I remembered that it'd been a year plus since I last read Jojolion, so I decided to catch up on it.

Everyone gets the utter dogfuck beaten out of them in part 8, it owns

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Dragonwagon posted:

That was before the souls swapped back to their original bodies. Polnareff getting healed would've been after.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

That was before the souls swapped back to their original bodies. Polnareff getting healed would've been after.

That doesn't change anything though. It's still a soulless body, like Giorno's was.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I can't believe we'll finally witness The Dance in all its beautiful anime glory next episode.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

TheLoneStar posted:

I can't believe we'll finally witness The Dance in all its beautiful anime glory next episode.

https://files.catbox.moe/uomzem.mp4

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
That was the moment that sold me on these good, good, gangster boys

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Which one of you guys runs Dio Brandos Masculine Homosexuality on FB, as the posts here generally start popping up there soon after, haha.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dias posted:

They all get better next episode though so it's fine.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Darko posted:

Which one of you guys runs Dio Brandos Masculine Homosexuality on FB, as the posts here generally start popping up there soon after, haha.
please post our posts

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Dragonwagon posted:

And Narancia died for it. At least Giorno could fix his body pretty much seconds after the attack, unlike with Polnareff whose body expired while everyone took a nice nap.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Dragonwagon posted:

That doesn't change anything though. It's still a soulless body, like Giorno's was.

When the effects of Silver Chariot Requiem ended and the souls started going back to their correct bodies, Polnareff's body was dead and his spirit wouldn't have had a place to go to that was alive so either he'd go to his body, it'd be dead, he'd die and pass on to the afterlife, or he could hitch a ride in the turtle's convenient ghost room that was nearby.

For Giorno and Narancia, however, Narancia's soul had already passed on due to being dead in Giorno's body, and then Giorno fixed up his body before being swapped back into it.

Basically, Polnareff's soulless body was dead, Giorno's wasn't. Giorno's was more akin to Jotaro's body in part 6. If Polnareff had swapped into his dead body with any kind of healing, he'd have suffered the same kind of death as Doppio.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

When the effects of Silver Chariot Requiem ended and the souls started going back to their correct bodies, Polnareff's body was dead and his spirit wouldn't have had a place to go to that was alive so either he'd go to his body, it'd be dead, he'd die and pass on to the afterlife, or he could hitch a ride in the turtle's convenient ghost room that was nearby.

For Giorno and Narancia, however, Narancia's soul had already passed on due to being dead in Giorno's body, and then Giorno fixed up his body before being swapped back into it.

Basically, Polnareff's soulless body was dead, Giorno's wasn't. Giorno's was more akin to Jotaro's body in part 6. If Polnareff had swapped into his dead body with any kind of healing, he'd have suffered the same kind of death as Doppio.

Ok, so does that mean the turtle's soul died in Polnareff's body too? Is ghost Polnareff just chilling in the room, or is he in full control of the turtle?

Cause if it's the latter then Part 6 should have had turtle Polnareff infiltrating the prison.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Dragonwagon posted:

Ok, so does that mean the turtle's soul died in Polnareff's body too? Is ghost Polnareff just chilling in the room, or is he in full control of the turtle?

Cause if it's the latter then Part 6 should have had turtle Polnareff infiltrating the prison.

Nah the turtle survived in polnareff's body because the turtle gave no fucks

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
No dance.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Laughing to myself in class remembering the guy in Part 6 whose backstory was literally ripped from Holes

Jojo is so loving stupid

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Hogama posted:

No dance.
They really only covered three chapters this week?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
They put Abbacchio's backstory in the cold open (+ post credits).

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Hogama posted:

No dance.
My week is ruined.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Hogama posted:

They put Abbacchio's backstory in the cold open (+ post credits).
Oh that's neat, probably better than the sudden exposition before he dies.

Lol at Abbachio being a grizzled veteran cop at 21 tho

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Still the gang realizing that an enemy is waiting for them on land and Mista being the one to stand up saying "I'll go, my Stand is perfect for assassinations" would have been sick

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

Oh that's neat, probably better than the sudden exposition before he dies.

Lol at Abbachio being a grizzled veteran cop at 21 tho

it was in man in the mirror you POSER

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

So I guess if we're not seeing the dance then there's no chance of Sex Pistols, darn.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Next week is going to double own cause you get the dance AND Mista trying to convince his bullet gremlins to skip their afternoon nap

yeah actually they will posted:

it was in man in the mirror you POSER
poo poo! I am defeated

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's really weird that DiU would adapt like seven chapters in a single episode at its peak and we're back down to like three now.

Not really trying to complain, just wanna see the bullet gremlins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I totally forgot how the Soft Machine fight ended, and it makes everyone asking why they took boat 2 when they pointed at boat 1 even funnier.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Nov 9, 2018