Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

well that's never gonna happen again:

https://i.imgur.com/vsY20PU.gifv

Also, wtf happened here? I know blade barrage is bullshit but it ain't THAT good.

https://i.imgur.com/ZudtzOC.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

well that's never gonna happen again:

https://i.imgur.com/vsY20PU.gifv

Somehow, the exact same thing happened to me last night too (lion rampant and cerberus+1 in the same drop). Came out of a heroic blind well chest rather than a bounty, but still.

I also got really mad when I saw the malfeasance boss for the first time ever and promptly got stomped by a much better team we were up against, then not mad when it also appeared the next match and we were able to make the kill :woop:

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I've been playing a lot of Destiny 2 this week, and I've now got my Warlock up to like 515 and level 50, where things have come to a screeching halt and I can only level up based on powerful gear rewards so I've moved onto my hunter, who is just about to 50. I have 2 questions.

#1 How do I get another seed of light thing to unlock one of the other new skill specializations? My initial one has been maxed out for quite a while, and I've not gotten any direction on where to go to progress.

#2 Did they take exotic engrams out of the game? I've played 40+ hours in the past week and haven't seen any. I did get 1 exotic out of a quest turn in (The Lord of Wolves shotgun) but I figured out of the dozen or so strikes plus all the leveling content I would have seen 1 at some point. I'm partially asking because I have the old quest for Strum that requires decrypting an exotic engram and I don't know if it is still doable or not.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Substandard posted:

I've been playing a lot of Destiny 2 this week, and I've now got my Warlock up to like 515 and level 50, where things have come to a screeching halt and I can only level up based on powerful gear rewards so I've moved onto my hunter, who is just about to 50. I have 2 questions.

#1 How do I get another seed of light thing to unlock one of the other new skill specializations? My initial one has been maxed out for quite a while, and I've not gotten any direction on where to go to progress.

#2 Did they take exotic engrams out of the game? I've played 40+ hours in the past week and haven't seen any. I did get 1 exotic out of a quest turn in (The Lord of Wolves shotgun) but I figured out of the dozen or so strikes plus all the leveling content I would have seen 1 at some point. I'm partially asking because I have the old quest for Strum that requires decrypting an exotic engram and I don't know if it is still doable or not.

1. Your remaining Seeds of Light will come from completing Tier 2 and 3 of the Blind Well. Not guaranteed, but Tier 3 has the highest chance of it showing up. The remaining seed comes from Mara Sov herself when you present your Offering to the Oracle during a High-Curse week in the Dreaming City.

2. No, they're still there. Just EXTREMELY rare. It's how I scored the Bear Arms for my Titan. :woop:

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
When I'm in PVP, I track someone, and start sprinting to get them, I'll pull up the scope. Now it seems like SOMETIMES the aiming sights/scope will just drop, and go back to hip firing while I'm running forward.
Other times, it seems like it works okay and I keep running forward with sights/aim up. So why does it drop sometimes also? Am I accidentally hitting sprint on the control stick while I'm aiming?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

bullshit level: over 9000

https://i.imgur.com/FHX6lNQ.gifv

Note how the third shot is credited as a precision kill but I was aimed at his dick.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Dennis McClaren posted:

Am I accidentally hitting sprint on the control stick while I'm aiming?

This most likely it, yeah. Sprint and aim do not mix and whichever one you do second will knock you out of the other.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Substandard posted:

I've been playing a lot of Destiny 2 this week, and I've now got my Warlock up to like 515 and level 50, where things have come to a screeching halt and I can only level up based on powerful gear rewards

Something to note is that Powerful Gear rewards come in tiers, even though the game doesn't tell you about that. Depending on what activity it is, the Powerful Gear will have a "soft cap." If your current power level is below that soft cap, that Powerful Gear reward will give you a substantial boost; if you're above that soft cap, the gear will only be one or two levels higher than your current level. What that means is that, while every Powerful Gear reward is an upgrade, some of them stop being significant upgrades as you level up.

So, for example, anything that's a "daily" thing, like a daily strike or daily Crucible completion, has a relatively low soft cap (I think 520 or something). Weekly things have a higher soft cap, and the Nightfall and Dreaming City stuff have an even higher one. So if you have a limited amount of time to play or you're splitting your time between multiple characters, you can level up a bit faster by prioritizing the "harder" challenges that give Powerful Gear.

Substandard posted:

Do Blind Well in the Dreaming City. Tier 2 and 3 completions have a chance of dropping a Seed of Light. You can also complete the Gateway Between Worlds weekly bounty (that you get from Petra Venj in the Dreaming City), which grants an Offering to the Oracle. During the High Curse week (which is this week), you can take that to the Oracle Engine to get a Seed of Light. Basically, do like an hour or so of Blind Well this weekend and you'll unlock everything.

Substandard posted:

Nope, they still drop. Powerful Gear rewards can also be exotics (and I think the chance of that happening was increased in a recent patch).

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Dennis McClaren posted:

When I'm in PVP, I track someone, and start sprinting to get them, I'll pull up the scope. Now it seems like SOMETIMES the aiming sights/scope will just drop, and go back to hip firing while I'm running forward.
Other times, it seems like it works okay and I keep running forward with sights/aim up. So why does it drop sometimes also? Am I accidentally hitting sprint on the control stick while I'm aiming?

Yes that's exactly it. Sprint yanks you out of ads.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Harrow posted:

Something to note is that Powerful Gear rewards come in tiers, even though the game doesn't tell you about that. Depending on what activity it is, the Powerful Gear will have a "soft cap."

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
TBH you only need to worry about that big complicated chart if you want to powerlevel and hit the cap ASAP. It is always the case that powerful gear will grant a power upgrade and you'll hit the cap just by continuing to play.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

haveblue posted:

TBH you only need to worry about that big complicated chart if you want to powerlevel and hit the cap ASAP. It is always the case that powerful gear will grant a power upgrade and you'll hit the cap just by continuing to play.

Yeah, pretty much. I mostly brought it up just to note that, if you have a limited amount of time to play, you can level a bit faster by targeting the higher-level sources of Powerful Gear as you level up. You'll still always get upgrades, it's just that your leveling will slow down a bit if you only do the lower-tier stuff.

If you play enough to do most of the things, though, then you should just do as many of them as you can regardless of soft cap because they're still upgrades.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Harrow posted:

Do Blind Well in the Dreaming City. Tier 2 and 3 completions have a chance of dropping a Seed of Light. You can also complete the Gateway Between Worlds weekly bounty (that you get from Petra Venj in the Dreaming City), which grants an Offering to the Oracle. During the High Curse week (which is this week), you can take that to the Oracle Engine to get a Seed of Light. Basically, do like an hour or so of Blind Well this weekend and you'll unlock everything.

Also note that at 515 you won't be doing much damage in the blind well (or possibly none on some of the bosses) but it doesn't matter, just go leach off a group that's running it and you will still get the seed (That's what I did at about that level).

And yeah, you have until the tuesday reset to complete the bounty for the offering, and go visit the queen. If you don't make that you'll have to wait two weeks until you can visit the queen again (you get a bounty for the offering every week, but the next two weeks just gives you gear).

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Hobnob posted:

Also note that at 515 you won't be doing much damage in the blind well (or possibly none on some of the bosses) but it doesn't matter, just go leach off a group that's running it and you will still get the seed (That's what I did at about that level).

The tiers have different level requirements, I think tier 1 is 500 and tier 3 is around 560. You can definitely get carried just by being in the area, although you will probably spend more time dead than alive.

hippieman
May 8, 2004

Butcher of Song
I'm looking forward to Activision's new Destiny where it's 16v16 PVP where the Darkness Wall slowly creeps in forcing all combat to the middle, and every season you lose all your gear and shaders, but you can by an Engram Key for $9.99 to open Gear Engram that might contain a shotgun finally, so you are not using a lovely auto rifle that everyone has.

$39.99 for each dance emote. $49.99 for the dance emote wheel.

Edit: All gear is not leveled up yet, you need planetary resources which can be harvested at a rate of 1 Dusklight Shard per hour, or you can buy a pack of 200 for Legendary Shards. Legendary Shard packs can be purchased at $5 for 5 shards.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

BEST DEAL! 12 legendary shards for $9.99!

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
The raid will drop a seed of light guaranteed too, just beat the first boss and it drops.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

xzzy posted:

bullshit level: over 9000

https://i.imgur.com/FHX6lNQ.gifv

Note how the third shot is credited as a precision kill but I was aimed at his dick.

https://i.imgur.com/RJ6S6eY.gifv

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Are they going to do double valor during IB next week?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
why my friends continue to trust me is baffling

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Edit: Ignore me, I can't see good.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

This was incredibly helpful (I think), thanks. I'm stuck in a weird spot at 525 power or something - and I can't progress much because of it. I can't finish the MQ in Dreaming City because I'm maybe 10-20 power level too low for the Rec. I've tried several times, I keep getting wasted.
I can't do Nightfall because it requires 540 power req. I've tried, I get wasted. I've seen the last wish, the raid, and those options, but I've never tried them. I'm also probably a bit low for any of those at 525 power.

So I've been having a hard time figuring out how to get my power up to 540 faster, so I can move up in content. I think the Tangled Shore bounties, and stuff there is kind of helpful. Otherwise I keep running Gambits and Crucible with my fireteam medallion up. Slowing inching my way to 540.

Is there a better way to do this?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
520s are the sticky awkward teenage years

Your best path forward is a couple buds face dragging you through hard poo poo

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Agreed that it's the awkward spot. What console are you on? I can tell you're mostly (exclusively?) soloing while you figure this game out, but I guarantee that when you're ready you'll love fireteam play.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Thanks for the helpful info. I'll go leech off the blind well and see if I can get another seed. I'd been avoiding it because I think it says 540 recommended light level, but if it's just an Oryx style thing I can run around and shoot things occasionally and let everyone else do the work.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Dennis McClaren posted:

Is there a better way to do this?

The iron banner bounties next week will grant gear that levels you up but LL advantages are enabled so hopefully you are good at PVP.

hippieman
May 8, 2004

Butcher of Song
Make sure you are hitting all the yellow circle icons on the director. That stuff will help you steady climb. You should have no problem doing 3 heroic stories, heroic strikes, crucible matches, ikoa, clan stuff, gambutt and flashpoint. And I think there is a new Heroic Adventure every 4 days.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

texaholic posted:

The iron banner bounties next week will grant gear that levels you up but LL advantages are enabled so hopefully you are good at PVP.

Lol at 515 he's going to do 10% damage against a 600. He will be able to get the play 20 Gabe's bounty done and that's it

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Lol at 515 he's going to do 10% damage against a 600. He will be able to get the play 20 Gabe's bounty done and that's it

20 Gabe’s is an ungodly amount of mass

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Emron posted:

Are they going to do double valor during IB next week?

A Valor boost is all that's confirmed but ostensibly yes, double for the week and possibly triple weekend.

I'm still on the pulse precision kills step but really may poopsock the Redrix steps starting tonight.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I just want to reset my gambit rank again

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

What does it take to reset your Gambit rank? I'm at Mythic III right now and like 75% of the way to the next rank. Am I close, or is there a bunch of other stuff I have to do once I hit Legend?

That Trust roll looks fun.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

cvnvcnv posted:

A Valor boost is all that's confirmed but ostensibly yes, double for the week and possibly triple weekend.

I'm still on the pulse precision kills step but really may poopsock the Redrix steps starting tonight.

You're a strong independent bitch who don't need no man, and you DESERVE that Redrix

G R I N D

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Harrow posted:

What does it take to reset your Gambit rank? I'm at Mythic III right now and like 75% of the way to the next rank. Am I close, or is there a bunch of other stuff I have to do once I hit Legend?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/9mqchk/gambit_infamy_rank_chart/

At mythic 3, you're 4700 points from a rollover.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

hoo boy, those 25pt bounties that involve hoarding motes seem totally worth it now

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oh cool, that's not so bad. Given that it's a double Infamy weekend, I'm sure I'll get that reasonably quickly with a full fireteam, which is now the only way I will ever play Gambit again.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

hoo boy, those 25pt bounties that involve hoarding motes seem totally worth it now

Double/triple infamy applies to bounties when you cash them in.

I agree though, the boosts from the bounties are loving trash even with a bonus, but you can squeeze a little more out of your time that way.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Agreed that it's the awkward spot. What console are you on? I can tell you're mostly (exclusively?) soloing while you figure this game out, but I guarantee that when you're ready you'll love fireteam play.

Ps4. I'm in goon clan <KINK>. I just haven't seen much reason to LFG for a fireteam yet I guess. Or maybe outside of raids, I'm not sure why to.

texaholic posted:

Yeah I do lots of PVP. I have a long history with f.p.s. pvp so I guess I'm pretty okay. I like it a lot. But I still really need to get to like 550.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Harrow posted:

It’s a very good pvp roll. You can get better, but it’s easily accessible and has a lot going for it. I have 1000+ kills with mine and it never lets me down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You're a strong independent bitch who don't need no man, and you DESERVE that Redrix

G R I N D

But I still very much want and need you :h:

Yeah, I'm gonna do it. *checks the remaining steps, gets a little dizzy, then promptly opens browser tabs to different luxuries I want to buy* Anytime I get aggro on the way I'm gonna treat myself, calm my tits, and push forward.

Really hope IB bounties will count toward the bounties step! And that Rumble is available when I need it to be!