Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yeah nothing tops that holy poo poo

enel's got some work to do when he gets back from the moon to reclaim his facethrone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Star Platinum posted:

Oda... don't make Robin do that face again... Ever.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Kaidou being an actual dragon who carries around a huge seastone club with ups be cool

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I don't think we've ever seen Luffy quite like this before; usually when he gets taken down he's immediately trying to get back up while yelling his head off. Quiet, seething rage is new, like he's focused on gearing up something really, really big.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I don't think we've ever seen Luffy quite like this before; usually when he gets taken down he's immediately trying to get back up while yelling his head off. Quiet, seething rage is new, like he's focused on gearing up something really, really big.

I definitely think it is likely that his response to this situation will involve "Gearing up".

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Too bad her face is frozen lik this now

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Robin is ready for Big Emporer.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'm curious what was in that paper to make the other Strawhats make that face. It wasn't just Luffy showing up. It had to be something else. Probably why he has bandages on on face.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it’s subtle but in the last chapter luffy fought kaido and was captured. which is what i would guess they’re reading about

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Before he left, Kaido said to avoid calling Luffy a pirate in the newspaper, right before a late extra edition came out.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

oddium posted:

it’s subtle but in the last chapter luffy fought kaido and was captured. which is what i would guess they’re reading about

That’s pretty subtle, we’ll just have to wait and see I suppose

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Also this chapter shows a little progress on my boy Luffy

Passively knocking people out with your haki while unconcious? Our bouncing rubber boy has hit the big leagues

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The newspaper might also include what just went down in Marejois (that we're about to see unfold as an intermission)

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Being so loving pissed that your opponent can feel it even when you’re unconscious is pretty baller. And Luffy landing in a cell next to Kidd is exactly how I wanted this to go down.

Did I miss something with Law? It looked like he went straight from getting hit by the sea stone nail to having escaped.

E: Oh, literally the explanation is “I think he escaped.” Not that hard for him after he got the sea stone off him, I suppose, but letting him do that is sloppy, mooks.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Nov 9, 2018

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Grouchio posted:

The newspaper might also include what just went down in Marejois (that we're about to see unfold as an intermission)

they're totally cut off from the rest of the world so i doubt it

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Grouchio posted:

Kaido specifically says that the Wano newspaper doesn't talk about the outside world

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I loving LOVE the curtains at the end. That's how you leave people on a cliffhanger.
I wonder if we'll cut to another setting now. Maybe go back to Reverie for a bit?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Mulderman posted:

I loving LOVE the curtains at the end. That's how you leave people on a cliffhanger.
I wonder if we'll cut to another setting now. Maybe go back to Reverie for a bit?

Thats what Im hoping, itll just be on fire with all the Kings and Princesses weve come to love fleeing.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

lol we cut to the holy land to see sabo and all the other generals got loving stomped and the five old men going 'laffo you stupid kids actually thought you had a chance roflmao'

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mulderman posted:

That's a loving amazing idea and I'd love for it to happen. Tossing in small interludes between each Act.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

So what are the odds that the dude who spat that fish skeleton is Killer (that masked dude who's Kidd's second in charge)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

also lmao an Ironworks is the worst place to send Kidd to be jailed

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
so this is based off a five-part story structure with intermissions

fifteen chapter parts adds up to around 984 chapters, with intermissions, that means both wano and reverie could end right before chapter 1000 lol

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hate-Senpai posted:

That's a loving amazing idea and I'd love for it to happen. Tossing in small interludes between each Act.

That'd actually be a pretty good idea to essentially have two separate arcs going on at once. You could divide each section of Wano into parts and then cut back to the Reverie in between.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Plutonis posted:

I really hope Kidd calls them on that when he and Luffy inevitably team up to escape.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that the "feed prisoners poisonous fish to break their spirit" bit is gonna be important to the escape. Since Luffy's immune to the poison, Kaido's goons are essentially helping him out without realising it.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Impel Down 2.0 is gonna be good. Step 1 of the breakout plan: Find the kitchen.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Cat Machine posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that the "feed prisoners poisonous fish to break their spirit" bit is gonna be important to the escape. Since Luffy's immune to the poison, Kaido's goons are essentially helping him out without realising it.

I think it's just for that specific prisoner, I'm a little confused if the fish spitter was kidd or not. If it wasn't kidd, my guess might be the ex warden of impel?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

luffy was taken down from eating a poison fish very recently and sanji’s sister had to save him

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

oddium posted:

luffy was taken down from eating a poison fish very recently and sanji’s sister had to save him
He ate some poisoned meat earlier in the arc and didn't seem to feel any bad effects

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

loving lost my poo poo at frankyface

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

What happened to Apoo btw. He's the only guy from the Supernova Alliance that hasn't been accounted for

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Plutonis posted:

wano owns all the seastone and kaido has every reason to be cocky

but yea it'll blow up in his face soon

naginalJJ
Feb 10, 2007

Baby, looks like a dance epidemic to me
I'm seeing things I thought I'd never see
Dance epidemic tonight

Plutonis posted:

What happened to Apoo btw. He's the only guy from the Supernova Alliance that hasn't been accounted for

I can't wait for his inevitable fight against Brook

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Plutonis posted:

He is allied with kaido for real, isn't he?

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
He's appeared in snail phone form giving a report to Kaido

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Plutonis posted:

Ooh
An idea popped into my head.
Since Wano is apparently where Seastone originated, or maybe its craftsmanship, theyre probably going to be stuck with some seastone studs to stop them doing anything dangerous.

(OH GODDAMN SMOKERS JUTTE IS FROM WANO PROBABLY.)

Anyways
Im hoping we get a depowered luffy section, and we get to see him Garp it up

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Nov 9, 2018

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Arist posted:

loving lost my poo poo at frankyface

It was Robin making the same face that got me laughing

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Holy poo poo what a chapter. And setting up all of Wano like a kabuki play is genius.

quote:

Nearly every full-length play occupies five acts. The first corresponds to jo, an auspicious and slow opening which introduces the audience to the characters and the plot. The next three acts correspond to ha, speeding events up, culminating almost always in a great moment of drama or tragedy in the third act and possibly a battle in the second and/or fourth acts. The final act, corresponding to kyu, is almost always short, providing a quick and satisfying conclusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Wait FIVE acts holy poo poo