Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Scarodactyl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJRQlcLW71w
This is kind of an aside, back to the game content, but I'm not sure why nobody talks about the other secret boss?

Man you really have fun with these don't you :v:

I only wish you went for a few attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Danaru posted:

That's on me, I never actually played NITW so I just assumed the church was evil in that one too, like most games :v:
oh :v:

That was one of the (many, many) neat things in NITW, the depiction of the church was very... mundane? Realistic. It was refreshing to see, and it doesn't really paint it as either cartoonishly good or evil.

You should play Night in the Woods by the way, I can't even describe how good it is.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Scarodactyl posted:

This is kind of an aside, back to the game content, but I'm not sure why nobody talks about the other secret boss?

Why do I Never Read Usernames

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

ralsei plush will sell a million units

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Scarodactyl posted:

:vince:

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Scarodactyl posted:

Can't get me twice, bud

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
I, for one, thought it was really cool how Deltarune would automatically read your Charles Barkley's Shut Up And Jam: Gaiden: Chapter One Of The Hoopz Barkley SaGa save file. The bonus for having a save file with all four library cards was really cool.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Scarodactyl posted:

I appreciate that it's Culex, with what I presume is the F missing from Kris

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I thought you were just supposed to take the X out, resulting in Lucef. Lucifer.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Your Computer posted:

oh :v:

That was one of the (many, many) neat things in NITW, the depiction of the church was very... mundane? Realistic. It was refreshing to see, and it doesn't really paint it as either cartoonishly good or evil.

You should play Night in the Woods by the way, I can't even describe how good it is.

On its own the Church is just a place, it's the people who work there (Mae's mom, Pastor K) who are good and have the potential to turn it into a good place that helps the community. Of course there are also bad people who want to keep the church from doing good things (like those douche bags who stop Pastor K from opening a homelesss center), and turn it into a bad place that helps no one. The church is a reflection of the people, it's a very mature and humanistic view of religion.

Night in the Woods is indeed a very good game.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

They are going to make so much loving money off that Ralsei plush

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Vaah posted:

They are going to make so much loving money off that Ralsei plush

Although I don't buy plushies, definitely. Rude Buster was a fast purchase though.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I would prefer a Susie plush

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Sea Lily posted:

Only if it had bite your face action... or a puppet sleeve so you could make it bite

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nina posted:

Sparing Bloxer, too

This game has a thing for throwing away all your hard work. :(

Game is gonna have you build a snowman who's sole purpose is to melt as you keep playing further into the story.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Sea Lily posted:

I strongly suspect either Susie or Lancer plushes are next.

Toby Fox is going to be able to build a house entirely out of money.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I wonder if he'll do figures for this? I want a Jevil, Lancer and Susie figures especially (Ralsei has a plush already before you come at me you vultures)

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
ralsei was just an elaborate ruse for toby to finally sell asriel merch without worrying about spoilers

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Ralsei you narc :mad:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ralsei would not snitch, what is this loving bullshit

he would stay sober so he could provide snacks and look after everyone

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

So that's why there were no green crayons left in the drawer in his house :cop:

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Danaru posted:

Kris and Susie can bond over their fondness of eating writing implements.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Danaru posted:

Wait, is it always green? I picked green as my creation's favorite color so I just assumed the missing crayon color was based on that.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Jon Joe posted:

Wait, is it always green? I picked green as my creation's favorite color so I just assumed the missing crayon color was based on that.

Green's my favourite too so I'm not sure :frog:

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Did anyone not pick green?

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I am pleased that you got that. The f had to go somewhere.

Edit: there is actually a puzzle in the mouse shop as well that people didn't get, though engagement in general has been so much lower than Undertale that I suppose that isn't surprising.

Scarodactyl fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Nov 9, 2018

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
I don't remember what I picked, but I watched a stream later where the streamer picked Cyan and it was still the green crayon missing.

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

The green crayon is missing because Asriel likes drawing Yoshi!

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Scarodactyl posted:

Did anyone not pick green?

I am pleased that you got that. The f had to go somewhere.

Edit: there is actually a puzzle in the mouse shop as well that people didn't get, though engagement in general has been so much lower than Undertale that I suppose that isn't surprising.

Wasn't that a fake?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Pulsarcat posted:

The green crayon is missing because Asriel likes drawing Yoshi!

Yeah, he used it all up.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

The Bee posted:

Wasn't that a fake?
The puzzle is real.
The rest is double real.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Scarodactyl posted:

The puzzle is real.
The rest is double real.

I looked real close at the shop screenshots and didn't spot anything that could be a puzzle.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

[X]

It will never happen because Toby's a bastard who loves to make Asriel suffer, but still...

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the other night i had the unpleasant thought that whatever spurred the dreemurrs' breakup was kris taking one of their pranks too far and seriously injuring asriel in some way that wouldn't be revealed until he finally came back home

doubt it, since that's a level of melodrama that toby doesn't usually stoop to, but there's a real ominous "DAWN OF THE FINAL DAY" vibe to how everyone talks about asriel and his imminent return

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Oxxidation posted:

the other night i had the unpleasant thought that whatever spurred the dreemurrs' breakup was kris taking one of their pranks too far and seriously injuring asriel in some way that wouldn't be revealed until he finally came back home

doubt it, since that's a level of melodrama that toby doesn't usually stoop to, but there's a real ominous "DAWN OF THE FINAL DAY" vibe to how everyone talks about asriel and his imminent return

It's actually the most horrific of existential terrors they just don't love each other anymore.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

I can't see it, tbh. If that's the case, there'd probably be some overt element of resentment towards Kris from both Toriel as Asgore, and from what's been seen so far, both of them love Kris very much, although Toriel at the very least seems to favor and dote on Asriel more. Plus I don't see how Kris doing something to Asriel would make Toriel resent Asgore.

MariusLecter posted:

It's actually the most horrific of existential terrors they just don't love each other anymore.

That's my go-to take on it. Asgore's a loosey-goosey irresponsible soft boob and Toriel's a tightly wound reformed party girl religious nut. That marriage was doomed to failure anyway, child murder or no child murder.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

nine-gear crow posted:

[X]

It will never happen because Toby's a bastard who loves to make Asriel suffer, but still...

Asriel is a D.va main?

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

McFrugal posted:

I looked real close at the shop screenshots and didn't spot anything that could be a puzzle.
It's nothing too profound, basically a hint of how you'd make him sell you the other items.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Scarodactyl posted:

It's nothing too profound, basically a hint of how you'd make him sell you the other items.

Oh haha, I see. Buy all the salad, right? Then he can use the crate as a stepstool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Not gonna lie, I’d consider breaking my “don’t work in gamedev” rule for Deltarune. Though, Gamemaker kinda scares me...